Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Meet no-shows grrr

Jump to newest

By *an_Lexa OP   Couple
over a year ago

Sunderland

So, we meet at the Newcastle social, and we're looking for our first mfm and he seems just right. He gets in touch in the days after, seems really keen, so meet arranged, date agreed for today. We book and pay for hotel. Almost daily messages back and forth. We tease him with some pics. He messages this morning, looking forward to it.

We travel through to Newcastle, get to the hotel, take a pic to show him what's waiting...and can't send it. Profile was closed some time between midday and 4pm.

He never shows. We sit in the bar for a while not expecting him to but at least the gin's good. His loss. We still got to have a great fuck back at the hotel.

But why do people do that? So, so pointless. He could have just messaged yesterday that he'd changed his mind and we'd have shrugged and thought ah, shame. But to piss people about like that...

I know, it's all in the game, move on. But I do feel sorry for the genuine singles and couples out there, because people like this poison the well for us all.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

What do you mean by closed his profile?

over a year ago

Sorry to hear that and that it cost you money etc. but to answer your question his wife gf probably came home early.

By *tillup4funMan
over a year ago

Wakefield

Did he have any veries?

over a year ago

Have been let down many times in past their loss shrug shoulders and move on is what we did but is very annoying all the same good luck if future meets xx

over a year ago

It's not just singles, I made a 2 hour round trip to meet a couple a week ago only for a no show. It is very frustrating but unfortunately there are some weird folks around who seem to get a kick out of it.

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

So sorry to hear that someone has mucked you about, sadly some people do these things. I hope that this hasn't put you off arranging another meet with someone more genuine in the future.

By *an_Lexa OP   Couple
over a year ago

Sunderland

[Removed by poster at 27/10/14 22:36:14]

By *an_Lexa OP   Couple
over a year ago

Sunderland

"What do you mean by closed his profile? "

Quit the site. Or maybe banned, but we think quit. All the messages in our mailbox turned to a silhouette...could read them but not reply, as it said User Has Left The Site

By *an_Lexa OP   Couple
over a year ago

Sunderland

Thanks all. Incredibly frustrating.

People are strange.

We did wonder if he wasn't such a single male after all, and had got busted.

over a year ago

He got cold feet but how cowardly to not just send a quick message to say the meet was off

We don't do hotel meets unless its someone we have met before or there is a club nearby that we can go to if it all goes wrong

By *uby0000Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

meet at a local pub first then you at least wouldn't waste too much money

over a year ago

Sorry to hear that OP. Was the guy crazy? What a missed opportunity!

Anyway glad you were able to have fun even if it was with yourselves!

I never understand the mentality of securing a meet then not seeing it through, especially if you don't have the balls to call and explain.

over a year ago

"He got cold feet but how cowardly to not just send a quick message to say the meet was off

We don't do hotel meets unless its someone we have met before or there is a club nearby that we can go to if it all goes wrong "

I am glad we are not the only people that always know where a club is in relation to any meet..

Have only really had one where we got there and they had sent us to a fake address.. Had a few no shows but we just amuse ourselves or find replacements x

By *i-shoptonMan
over a year ago

bishopton

Had my share of no-shows so I know how it feels - especially if you've gone out of ur way, or travelled some distance etc . My fixed rule now is simply " no mobile=no meet"... That always s out the time wasters.

Good luck

Stu

over a year ago

"So, we meet at the Newcastle social, and we're looking for our first mfm and he seems just right. He gets in touch in the days after, seems really keen, so meet arranged, date agreed for today. We book and pay for hotel. Almost daily messages back and forth. We tease him with some pics. He messages this morning, looking forward to it.

We travel through to Newcastle, get to the hotel, take a pic to show him what's waiting...and can't send it. Profile was closed some time between midday and 4pm.

He never shows. We sit in the bar for a while not expecting him to but at least the gin's good. His loss. We still got to have a great fuck back at the hotel.

But why do people do that? So, so pointless. He could have just messaged yesterday that he'd changed his mind and we'd have shrugged and thought ah, shame. But to piss people about like that...

I know, it's all in the game, move on. But I do feel sorry for the genuine singles and couples out there, because people like this poison the well for us all.

"

Should of had me on the sub bench

By *hoenixcouplexxCouple
over a year ago

Leicestershire

Exactly why we now mostly only meet new people in clubs first. Private meets with people we have met previously and know, therefore trust a little.

Having peeked, he was insane, definitely his loss

Xxx

over a year ago

"What do you mean by closed his profile?

Quit the site. Or maybe banned, but we think quit. All the messages in our mailbox turned to a silhouette...could read them but not reply, as it said User Has Left The Site"

Ok got you now. Happened to me last week but he's still in contact and turned up to meet me as arranged, I'm very glad to say

As others have said, sounds like he got cold feet but he should have let you know before he become a UNLOS.

By *issyfaggotfayeTV/TS
over a year ago

Bolton

his loss x and what a feckin eejit!

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

I know we all do things differently but I wouldn't go to any expense, travel vast distances for a shag. I meet single men, most unverified. In seven years I've not had one no show.

That said, I'd be annoyed in the ops situation. Some people do get off giving others the runaround!

over a year ago

we would be cross but make the most of it - see if anybody else in area as well i guess or just have our own fun - fortunatly this hasnt happened to us yet - we meet at home or club if we can - would hate to let anybody down id feel too bad

By *aidtobespankedCouple
over a year ago

Chester

Im surprised a single male turned down the opportunity.

As I see, they are the category that has to work the hardest here!

What a fool!

Post new Message to Thread