Anybody else noticed?

If you dnt (FIT ONE GETS SLATTED)!!!!"

lol. Fear of the unknown

Sarah x

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Na....just take it as it comes..........

Reply privately

over a year ago

I am just getting a beer and some Pringles pulling up a chair and waiting for the fun to begin!!!!!!

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

na..... but i do find that if people disagree with an opinion... they can be quick to throw out words like "clique" and play up the "victim mentality"........

Reply privately

over a year ago

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh you sooo shouldn't have mentioned the C word....

A large amount of the forums peeps have met and know each other pretty well for all the rest of us lurkers n those that flit in and out it may seem there is a clique ...come sit on the billy no mates bench with us and we can form our own click

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"I am just getting a beer and some Pringles pulling up a chair and waiting for the fun to begin!!!!!!"

Oh it will Cum the fun ha ha

Reply privately

over a year ago

Have to disagree. Maybe what you are starting or commenting on is a little confrontational or against popular opinion i dont know as i dont think ive commented on any of yours if i have its not personal as i dont know you.

I have raised many threads which i have been slated on. Dont take it personally its your post someone may dislike not you.

Reply privately

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"na..... but i do find that if people disagree with an opinion... they can be quick to throw out words like "clique" and play up the "victim mentality"........"

Totally agree - it's always someone else's fault

Reply privately

over a year ago

we don't think so, and neither do all our forum mates that are on their way after dinner

Reply privately

over a year ago

"na..... but i do find that if people disagree with an opinion... they can be quick to throw out words like "clique" and play up the "victim mentality"........"

I tend to agree with this. Plus some people don't help themselves with agressive or contentious posts and then are surprised when the forum responds in kind.

Also the social dynamic of the forum needs to be considered, a lot of people have been posting on here for years, a lot of people have met many times in real life and that impacts on how people interact. And is also true of every forum I've ever posted on.

I think the forum is for everyone and is generally welcoming, but ultimately some people determine their own reception.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Ive noticed the

Clickiness in the FORUM

Anybody else noticed?

Are you in the Click? if so can I join, my clique consists of just me and I have had a falling out with myself over silly insensitive posts I have made

Reply privately

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I was at a party last night with 30 or so other forumites, we had a great time plotting world domination.

Reply privately

By *ancs MinxWoman
over a year ago

Burnley

"Na....just take it as it comes.........."

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I'm in a clique of one

Seriously though, if you feel you have to fit in on the forum then that's your problem. I've been on the forum for a few years now and, using my wiles and sheer bloodymindedness I have been able to post a few comments that weren't jeered off the forum.

I think the fact I cut my forum chops on pagan forums makes me immune to internet scorn. Aint nothing worse than a pagan flame war.

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

it can be unwelcoming at times but overall, it is a forum whose regulars change all the time.

Go back 6 months or a year, you see different names becoming regular posters.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Ive noticed the

Clickiness in the FORUM

Anybody else noticed?

Yep.There are some smart arses on here.Just laugh at em as im sure you would in 'real life' and have your say in the discussions that interest you.

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

PS if you get platinum membership you get to the secret forums where we talk about everyone else*

*This may not be true.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Have to disagree. Maybe what you are starting or commenting on is a little confrontational or against popular opinion i dont know as i dont think ive commented on any of yours if i have its not personal as i dont know you.

I have raised many threads which i have been slated on. Dont take it personally its your post someone may dislike not you."

I don't think that's what the OP means. Maybe the OP has noticed how some regulars pointedly blank new-ish but regular forum users. I for one, don't need back up but noticed this pretty early on. Its made me swerve certain forumites, which is pretty sad as they've made one or two good points. Fresh input's always good. Keeps things new and interesting

Sarah x

Reply privately

over a year ago

sure it has its cliques, like every forum does

but its for everyone that has something to contribute and those that dont get all funny over sillyness like feeling left out of a thread or someones differing opinion

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Have to disagree. Maybe what you are starting or commenting on is a little confrontational or against popular opinion i dont know as i dont think ive commented on any of yours if i have its not personal as i dont know you.

I have raised many threads which i have been slated on. Dont take it personally its your post someone may dislike not you."

Oh its fine

Just making an observation

Thank you for you advice though!

Reply privately

By *ordonBennettMan
over a year ago

dover

"Ive noticed the

Clickiness in the FORUM

Anybody else noticed?

If you dnt (FIT ONE GETS SLATTED)!!!!

Are you in the Click? if so can I join, my clique consists of just me and I have had a falling out with myself over silly insensitive posts I have made

"

Well, to misquote Groucho, I wouldn't want to belong to a clique that would have me as a member.

Reply privately

By *aveandkate35Couple
over a year ago

telford

I don't think there is a clique.... Some people agree with us, some don't. I don't get upset with people on here, although occasionally I may wind them up a bit

And as others say, when you e met people face to face it changes the dynamic again.

Mostly though, we get ignored

D

Reply privately

over a year ago

I have raised many threads which i have been slated on. Dont take it personally its your post someone may dislike not you.I don't think that's what the OP means. Maybe the OP has noticed how some regulars pointedly blank new-ish but regular forum users. I for one, don't need back up but noticed this pretty early on. Its made me swerve certain forumites, which is pretty sad as they've made one or two good points. Fresh input's always good. Keeps things new and interesting

Sarah x "

Thank you

Put across how i seen it

Its not a personally thing, its rather some people dnt read the post and jump straight to a slatting. As ive just noticed.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don't think so, we have only been using the forums for around 4 months and we have found we have been welcomed with open arms.

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Is there some ritual us forum lags should be doing for new posters? Some sort of ticker tape parade? Party poppers? Standing ovation? Just wondering what people actually expect to happen after their first forum post?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I have raised many threads which i have been slated on. Dont take it personally its your post someone may dislike not you.I don't think that's what the OP means. Maybe the OP has noticed how some regulars pointedly blank new-ish but regular forum users. I for one, don't need back up but noticed this pretty early on. Its made me swerve certain forumites, which is pretty sad as they've made one or two good points. Fresh input's always good. Keeps things new and interesting

Sarah x

Thank you

Put across how i seen it

Its not a personally thing, its rather some people dnt read the post and jump straight to a slatting. As ive just noticed."

Sarah x

Reply privately

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

I post when I fancy and often get ignored. I am disagreed with just as often as agreed with but I don't read anything into it. As for slating, it does go on and sometimes I agree with the slating and sometimes not. At the risk of coming across as a fence sitter I do try not to be rude if I post disagreeing with someone; it's only my opinion after all. Sometimes it can be entertaining when a thread takes an argumentative turn and sometimes it's horrible to see. As for the C word then some forum regulars have met and know each other outside of Fab. I've only met one personally but I kind of like the fact people.know each other; it adds verisimilitude to this little online community. I don't feel left out by it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I find that there is a group/cliche feeling on the forum. They only laugh and joke with each other and if you try to get involved you get ignored.

Just my opinion and mainly why I try to not to comment and just sit back and watch.

It's a shame it has to be that way really

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Is there some ritual us forum lags should be doing for new posters? Some sort of ticker tape parade? Party poppers? Standing ovation? Just wondering what people actually expect to happen after their first forum post?"

Reply privately

over a year ago

Lets face it some posts are just crazy, just demanding a WTF reply. Some are completely boring and demand to be ignored. and some may be excellent but get overlooked in the flurry of new posts that come in at the same time.

You make comment or not, your choice. if nobody comments on your comment that is not a group decision to ignore you it just is. 90% of what I post on here is inane drivel that would be funny in the right crowd with the right level of alcohol, 9.8% is just completely wrong but on 0.2% I have been known to be helpful and maybe even useful.

Takes quite a few posts for people to get your style and read it as conversation, also takes a lot of reading others posts to learn their style and understand the body language that would be behind the comment in real life.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I find that there is a group/cliche feeling on the forum. They only laugh and joke with each other and if you try to get involved you get ignored.

Just my opinion and mainly why I try to not to comment and just sit back and watch.

It's a shame it has to be that way really "

It is a shame, as a hobbit you should know by now you have to jump on the table and make your presence known. Please comment whenever you feel like it, as I said above we need to see your writing style a lot to know what you mean.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I find that there is a group/cliche feeling on the forum. They only laugh and joke with each other and if you try to get involved you get ignored.

Well said

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Lets face it some posts are just crazy, just demanding a WTF reply. Some are completely boring and demand to be ignored. and some may be excellent but get overlooked in the flurry of new posts that come in at the same time.

Short and sweet reply then ha ha

You make comment or not, your choice. if nobody comments on your comment that is not a group decision to ignore you it just is. 90% of what I post on here is inane drivel that would be funny in the right crowd with the right level of alcohol, 9.8% is just completely wrong but on 0.2% I have been known to be helpful and maybe even useful.

Takes quite a few posts for people to get your style and read it as conversation, also takes a lot of reading others posts to learn their style and understand the body language that would be behind the comment in real life."

Reply privately

over a year ago

dont think its that bad - obviously some folk know others more than some - some have met up - i found it takes a long time to get to know people here and people will bash peoples opinions - also a whole heap more of support here but thats what is so good about it - i love the banter and is what i lurk around for

Reply privately

over a year ago

Nope there's not a clique. I was made very welcome. If I get ignored or slated now it's because of things I've said, posted or done, not because I'm not part of some clique.

Reply privately

over a year ago

We were all new posters once upon a time, but we just joined in and posted in threads that's interested us, just a few of the forum users have met up and have become friends, but again we didn't know them before hand!

It's all about joining in and not getting the hump if someone doesn't agree with your opinion!

So I disagree with the clique theory

Reply privately

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I've never been convinced there is a forum clique. I've posted things that have died a death. I think we all have.

Reply privately

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

When I first started posting on here (the first forum I'd ever contributed to) I thought it was populated by a big group of mates who met up on the last Tuesday of every month for brews and knitting pattern exchanges along with the odd bit of sex...I got flamed a few times as sometimes humour is difficult to translate to writing but, being the obstreperous nutter that I am, I carried on putting my tuppence worth in where I fancied and found that many of the posters I thought were particular friends had never met each other and it was a much more loose (pardon the pun) association than I'd initially thought...

Fast forward 3 years and I've met many forumites at the big socials and on my or their travels and I've got a club buddy who I probably would never have got so close to if we didn't have the fora as common ground to start with...

By the way, I've got an amazing pattern for an Argyle sweater ready for next week's meeting - seeya all there, in-crowd

Reply privately

over a year ago

Haha maybe this post will just become the clique defending themselves?

Ah at the end of the day I work in the theory "don't like it switch over"

Reply privately

over a year ago

You just have to do your own thing really. If people get concerned about fitting in or whether they're part of a group..you won't enjoy it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Negativity breeds negativity

Reply privately

over a year ago

Agreed. I'll never not comment though if it's something that interests me. Everyone has the right to comment/share an opinion. No one has an opinion that is more valid or important than anybody else's, no matter what they may think

Sarah x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I don't think so, we have only been using the forums for around 4 months and we have found we have been welcomed with open arms."

Because you get stuck in and post on a variety of topics.

I suspect that those who say there is a clique or claim that newbies are deliberately ignored will ignore this post as it totally disproves their theory.

Reply privately

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

"Haha maybe this post will just become the clique defending themselves?

Ah at the end of the day I work in the theory "don't like it switch over" "

That's maybe the danger of being a regular poster - it looks to some like "the clique" are straight in but it is purely that some people really do post a lot on many and varied threads...you've got the right idea though and welcome to posting...5 years down the line you'll be wondering what happened to your life

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think the your forum experience is what you choose to make of it. Post aggressively and you'll be shot down, post thought provoking and you'll promote debate, be flippant or funny and you will entertain, whinge/whine/complain and you'll be ignored.

I love it, so many different people, lives and stories.............forums rule

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Ive noticed the

Clickiness in the FORUM

Anybody else noticed?

I don't know this poster, who let them on? Feckin let anyone on here these days.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Ive noticed the

Clickiness in the FORUM

Anybody else noticed?

Does it matter if there is?

Really?

In the great scheme of life, does it matter if there are people here who have known each other for a long time?

It is busy on these forums.

Stuff gets lost fast.

Hitch your skirt up and get stuck in...gwan.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Hmm

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Ive noticed the

Clickiness in the FORUM

Anybody else noticed?

I don't know this poster, who let them on? Feckin let anyone on here these days."

Hmm

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Negativity breeds negativity "

there is that.... and i am sure that unless newbies walked in like a pub and everyone shouted "Norm" like they did in Cheers, I am not sure how you are going to appease some people.......

too many people see a disagreement in _iews as some sort of victim bashing....... some dont like having opinions disected....

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

[Removed by poster at 26/10/14 14:33:26]

Reply privately

over a year ago

"na..... but i do find that if people disagree with an opinion... they can be quick to throw out words like "clique" and play up the "victim mentality"........

I tend to agree with this. Plus some people don't help themselves with agressive or contentious posts and then are surprised when the forum responds in kind.

Also the social dynamic of the forum needs to be considered, a lot of people have been posting on here for years, a lot of people have met many times in real life and that impacts on how people interact. And is also true of every forum I've ever posted on.

I think the forum is for everyone and is generally welcoming, but ultimately some people determine their own reception. "

This

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I am just getting a beer and some Pringles pulling up a chair and waiting for the fun to begin!!!!!!"

What flavour have you got?

*pulls up a bean bag*

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

[Removed by poster at 26/10/14 14:33:35]

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I don't own the enjoyment of others when they use the forum, I own my own

And I don't give 2 flying fucks.

As long as I stay within the rules and answer the same to male, female & couples, that is all I care about.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Negativity breeds negativity

there is that.... and i am sure that unless newbies walked in like a pub and everyone shouted "Norm" like they did in Cheers, I am not sure how you are going to appease some people.......

too many people see a disagreement in _iews as some sort of victim bashing....... some dont like having opinions disected...."

again i totally agree with Fabio.

I post for me. I know what I say on some topics will endear me to as many people as it will undoubtedly alienate. I don't tend to worry about those who snipe but shy away from debate but I have no issue with those with opposing oipnions.

I don't expect or particularly want universal popularity. I think some people do and are incapable of seeing that that is their problem not the forum's

Reply privately

over a year ago

Bloody hell View, stop being so pedantic and correcting posts... makes me look lazy for letting mistakes ride

Reply privately

over a year ago

" I've posted things that have died a death. I think we all have. "

Regularly in my case. Unfortunately for me, I have an incredibly witty and intelligent mind. My fingers, however, are a bastard though, they take my witty comments and corrupts them into total bollocks...

OP, just be yourself. Some people will like what you post. Some people just go straight to the newest in thread and miss what you write. Persevere and participate or the forums become stale.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Is Norm in here?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I don't expect or particularly want universal popularity. I think some people do and are incapable of seeing that that is their problem not the forum's"

bollocks, I lost the applause button!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Ooh I love Fab! It's like people-watching with sex thrown in. Bonus! My other half and I are having great meets through it and the forums are always full of lively debate. Very fond of Fab and ALL it brings

Sarah x

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"Bloody hell View, stop being so pedantic and correcting posts... makes me look lazy for letting mistakes ride "

I like perfection

Reply privately

over a year ago

" I've posted things that have died a death. I think we all have.

Regularly in my case. Unfortunately for me, I have an incredibly witty and intelligent mind. My fingers, however, are a bastard though, they take my witty comments and corrupts them into total bollocks...

OP, just be yourself. Some people will like what you post. Some people just go straight to the newest in thread and miss what you write. Persevere and participate or the forums become stale.

"

As always

Be naughty thats m

Ha ha

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's easy ! I totally agree with _abio and crystal, the best sort of woman is bbw, and my sexual interests are the same as everyone elses!

Ps bloody single men!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It's easy ! I totally agree with _abio and crystal, the best sort of woman is bbw, and my sexual interests are the same as everyone elses!

Ps bloody single men!"

Im BBW

Reply privately

By *orthyorkypairCouple
over a year ago

North Yorkshire

"No. It's all for me.

Now gerrrr off my forum "

oi its mine too lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

Friends forever

Reply privately

By *andy andy69Man
over a year ago

worksop ish

"PS if you get platinum membership you get to the secret forums where we talk about everyone else*

*This may not be true."

Is that the £10 a month membership lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Ive noticed the

Clickiness in the FORUM

Anybody else noticed?

Nope you just need big balls and thick skin and understand not everyones going to agree with you.

Reply privately

By *uby0000Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

cliques or not theres room for everyone

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm a sociable person in real life. I post on any thread I can be bothered. I don't care if I'm ignored or someone doesn't agree with me. I've met a few people via posting on the forums,if I disagreed with something they said I would tell them but I think people tend to be attracted to like minded people

Reply privately

over a year ago

This.

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

There are cliques in every large group of

people it's human nature. I just carry on in my own sweet way, post what I genuinely think and try to interact without excluding or including any one in particular.

However I do get cross at the sychophancy that goes on and the way that people are branded humorless or kill joys if they disagree with certain _iew points. That is when it can seem cliquey.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Negativity breeds negativity

too many people see a disagreement in _iews as some sort of victim bashing....... some dont like having opinions disected....

again i totally agree with Fabio.

I post for me. I know what I say on some topics will endear me to as many people as it will undoubtedly alienate. I don't tend to worry about those who snipe but shy away from debate but I have no issue with those with opposing oipnions.

I don't expect or particularly want universal popularity. I think some people do and are incapable of seeing that that is their problem not the forum's"

I agree with this especially the last paragraph. I often read from the bottom of the thread up, so I see a comment quoted and agree but have no idea who said it till I scroll further up.

So you can imagine my disappointment (on this and other threads) when I realise who I'm agreeing with.

It probably makes me look like I'm clueless when one minute I agree with someone and the next I disagree. But it's because I reply to the comment. Not the person.

Reply privately

over a year ago

This account of mine is too new for me to have become part of a clique, my account I had a few years back I don't think I used the forum back then but I've found everyone on here to be tidy.

I think I've only had one argument so far, but as in real life I'll join in with things even if I'm not welcome! I'll comment on everything I want to comment on and if people join in with me, great.

Reply privately

over a year ago

why did noone agree with my fcuking post yet agreed with everyone else that robbed it and basically said the same fcuking thing!

the clique strikes again

Reply privately

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

"why did noone agree with my fcuking post yet agreed with everyone else that robbed it and basically said the same fcuking thing!

the clique strikes again"

i dont think im in a clique ... but now and again i get someone who agrees with me . and quotes and replies to show they do

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don't fit in the forum, I just barged my way in anyway

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I don't fit in the forum, I just barged my way in anyway "

I lurk, like a bad smell...

Reply privately

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

It's the only way to do it!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Every single person that posts did the same

No one has a magic key that automatically means they're part of the forum,everyone starts off the same

Its just that some people just join in with threads in a lighthearted or positive way and some don't

Reply privately

over a year ago

Is there a clique and are we in it? Don't know don't care. Its not going to stop us posting on the topics we want to post. We may well disagree with people but then also there'll be times when we agree. Its the great thing about people everyone's different. Like when you start at a new company or move area talk to enough people and bound to make some friends

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Ive noticed the

Clickiness in the FORUM

Anybody else noticed?

I don't know this poster, who let them on? Feckin let anyone on here these days.

Hmm"

You realise that was humour, right?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I don't fit in the forum, I just barged my way in anyway

I lurk, like a bad smell..."

Reply privately

over a year ago

*sniffs* Who did that?

Reply privately

over a year ago

##

trying to conjure up a marmite fart

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'd say so yes

In most forums you get the posters that post all day everyday they become cyber mates

Then you get the posters that don't post that much

The everyday posters call them" lurkers"

As in lurking in the shadows scared to post

But when they do and it's to disagree or ask a question that the everyday posters can't be arsed answering so take the mick out of them or disagree with an everyday poster they get ridiculed

Then the lurker goes back in the shadows wondering how he/ she can join the gang?

Hope that clears things up

Auds x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'd say so yes

In most forums you get the posters that post all day everyday they become cyber mates

Then you get the posters that don't post that much

The everyday posters call them" lurkers"

As in lurking in the shadows scared to post

But when they do and it's to disagree or a

sk a question that the everyday posters can't be arsed answering so take the mick out of them or disagree with an everyday poster they get ridiculed

Then the lurker goes back in the shadows wondering how he/ she can join the gang?

Hope that clears things up

Auds x"

lol this made me laugh. Bet there's some in the gang that would like to mingle with the newbies/lurkers/randomers etc but fear the almighty ever watchful clique. Just like being back at school aha

Sarah x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Ive noticed the

Clickiness in the FORUM

Anybody else noticed?

it can seem like that at times but dont let it put you off we just bounce about through the forums posting our _iews and quite often feel as though we are ignored. there are some really nice people who use the forums and some with blinkers on who only see what they want to see leave them to it i say

Reply privately

By *anchestercubMan
over a year ago

manchester & NI

I think there is cliqueness but who cares?

No one's opinion matters than another so just post like everyone else.

You might feel ganged up on if you post something that people decide to ridicule but I wouldn't worry about that either because there is plenty of opportunity for karma on that score.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I think there is cliqueness but who cares?

No one's opinion matters than another so just post like everyone else.

You might feel ganged up on if you post something that people decide to ridicule but I wouldn't worry about that either because there is plenty of opportunity for karma on that score. "

Bang on

Sarah x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"lol this made me laugh. Bet there's some in the gang that would like to mingle with the newbies/lurkers/randomers etc but fear the almighty ever watchful clique. Just like being back at school aha

Sarah x"

What clique? name them... ALL regular posters became regular posters by posting regularly, simple as that.

Those of you who keep citing the clique obviously know who they are so I challenge you to name them.

Better still use the forums and enjoy them for what they are.

Reply privately

over a year ago

me too. ...I usually disagree with most on here but then I'm not here to win a popularity contest. I think those that feel there is a clique are just pissed because there are obviously those that know each other and those that suck up to everyone in the hope of people wanting them as friends. I can't be arsed with all that. It's just a bit of fun and if you _iew it as that you don't even notice the cliques.

Reply privately

over a year ago

You're not allowed to name and shame. Please stop trying to encourage the good people of Fab into getting themselves a time out.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"lol this made me laugh. Bet there's some in the gang that would like to mingle with the newbies/lurkers/randomers etc but fear the almighty ever watchful clique. Just like being back at school aha

Sarah x

What clique? name them... ALL regular posters became regular posters by posting regularly, simple as that.

Those of you who keep citing the clique obviously know who they are so I challenge you to name them.

Better still use the forums and enjoy them for what they are. "

There is a clique. You're well within your rights to ask me to name names. I'm within mine not to . I haven't once said I don't enjoy using the forums. In fact, I've said how much I enjoy using them, have commented on a wide range of subjects and will continue to do so. Forums are for airing _iews. Not setting challenges as far as I'm aware

Sarah x

Reply privately

over a year ago

me too. ...I usually disagree with most on here but then I'm not here to win a popularity contest. I think those that feel there is a clique are just pissed because there are obviously those that know each other and those that suck up to everyone in the hope of people wanting them as friends. I can't be arsed with all that. It's just a bit of fun and if you _iew it as that you don't even notice the cliques."

well said

Reply privately

over a year ago

me too. ...I usually disagree with most on here but then I'm not here to win a popularity contest. I think those that feel there is a clique are just pissed because there are obviously those that know each other and those that suck up to everyone in the hope of people wanting them as friends. I can't be arsed with all that. It's just a bit of fun and if you _iew it as that you don't even notice the cliques."

Reply privately

By *eddonistikMan
over a year ago

Manchester

There might be cliques, but why give shit? I sometimes post on here when I feel like I want to say something. Sometimes it's ignored, sometimes it's criticized sometimes agreed with, do I care too much. I know lots of swingers, have met them and will meet others. Very few come on the forums, if you feel intimidated you need to either ignore the forums or 'grow a pair.'

Reply privately

over a year ago

"There might be cliques, but why give shit? I sometimes post on here when I feel like I want to say something. Sometimes it's ignored, sometimes it's criticized sometimes agreed with, do I care too much. I know lots of swingers, have met them and will meet others. Very few come on the forums, if you feel intimidated you need to either ignore the forums or 'grow a pair.'"

wow lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

I lurk, like a bad smell...##

trying to conjure up a marmite fart"

Even I can't stomach that thought. I would imagine it would be quite yeasty though.

I don't believe I even thought that one through

Reply privately

over a year ago

trying to conjure up a marmite fart Even I can't stomach that thought. I would imagine it would be quite yeasty though.

I don't believe I even thought that one through"

()

Reply privately

over a year ago

trying to conjure up a marmite fart Even I can't stomach that thought. I would imagine it would be quite yeasty though.

I don't believe I even thought that one through

()"

I just produced a fart. Not as I imagined

Reply privately

over a year ago

"You're not allowed to name and shame. Please stop trying to encourage the good people of Fab into getting themselves a time out."

But there is no shame involved so I didn't encourage anyone to getting a time out I named View on one post today, quoted Sarah on my last post but referred to all the clique conspiracy theorists.

My point is that this invisible demon only exists as long as it stays vague and in the shadows, when you shine a light on it you suddenly discover the clique isn't really there.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I just produced a fart. Not as I imagined "

Damn it Mr Marmite, can you go outside when you do that.....

Reply privately

over a year ago

Apologies room...

*wafts can of air freshener around hoping the yeasty smell disappears*

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"You're not allowed to name and shame. Please stop trying to encourage the good people of Fab into getting themselves a time out.

But there is no shame involved so I didn't encourage anyone to getting a time out I named View on one post today, quoted Sarah on my last post but referred to all the clique conspiracy theorists.

My point is that this invisible demon only exists as long as it stays vague and in the shadows, when you shine a light on it you suddenly discover the clique isn't really there. "

and I have no issues being named

Reply privately

over a year ago

Forumites are just strangers you haven't made friends with yet. Or swapped bodily fluids with, yet.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Apologies room...

*wafts can of air freshener around hoping the yeasty smell disappears* "

lol lights a lighter to burn it away

Reply privately

over a year ago

Errrr no! The day everyone agrees with what I post or I agree with what everyone else posts is the day to quit.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Forumites are just strangers you haven't made friends with yet. Or swapped bodily fluids with, yet."

lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

I also think some people hark on about cliques as a way of justifying to themselves why they don't get the attention and responses that they'd like

Reply privately

over a year ago

i just think people think way to much

Reply privately

By *eddonistikMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"There might be cliques, but why give shit? I sometimes post on here when I feel like I want to say something. Sometimes it's ignored, sometimes it's criticized sometimes agreed with, do I care too much. I know lots of swingers, have met them and will meet others. Very few come on the forums, if you feel intimidated you need to either ignore the forums or 'grow a pair.'

wow lol "

Hope I'm not to frightening? You've a great profile and photos

Reply privately

over a year ago

"There might be cliques, but why give shit? I sometimes post on here when I feel like I want to say something. Sometimes it's ignored, sometimes it's criticized sometimes agreed with, do I care too much. I know lots of swingers, have met them and will meet others. Very few come on the forums, if you feel intimidated you need to either ignore the forums or 'grow a pair.'

wow lol

Hope I'm not to frightening? You've a great profile and photos "

lol not at all

Reply privately

By *anchestercubMan
over a year ago

manchester & NI

Why are some people assuming that a clique is automatically something negative?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Why are some people assuming that a clique is automatically something negative? "

Good point! Is a clique just another word for community?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Why are some people assuming that a clique is automatically something negative? "

The C word has never been mentioned in a positive light in 6 years I've been on here,the nature of the original post isn't positive either

Reply privately

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

He he

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don't necessarily think it is but if a clique is closedminded, somewhat fearful of certain newcomers and quite established, it can deter less confident would be contributors from having a say. And I think that's a shame. The ones that have been posting for years are loved and greatly appreciated I'm sure but it's always nice to get new and fresh opinions. I've seen many new guys on here ask for input on their profiles etc only to be told to search out old threads of a similar theme. Why should they? They want to interact in the here and now , get fresh ideas. Some people would do well to remember this sites all old news to them maybe but brand new to others

Sarah x

Reply privately

By *anchestercubMan
over a year ago

manchester & NI

"Why are some people assuming that a clique is automatically something negative?

The C word has never been mentioned in a positive light in 6 years I've been on here,the nature of the original post isn't positive either "

Being a swingers site it will be very social and therefore cliques will form (people who interact on a more personal level).

I'd be surprised if there weren't cliques. That doesn't make it negative.

It can be negative but is not necessarily or automatically so.

Reply privately

By *hrissie1961Woman
over a year ago

dumfries and galloway

It's an endless source of amusement to me, especially when someone pulls the pin and chucks a grenade in...you get the same old same old from the same old same olds. They think they are smart. I wouldn't agree

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It's an endless source of amusement to me, especially when someone pulls the pin and chucks a grenade in...you get the same old same old from the same old same olds. They think they are smart. I wouldn't agree"

Sarah x

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Why are some people assuming that a clique is automatically something negative?

Good point! Is a clique just another word for community?"

I hope it is... because without the people that posted regularly, the place wouldn't be as busy as it is..... and wouldn't be as enticing to others to post

I know people like to knock regular posters, but without them forums wouldn't survive...

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I have been here a long time and I ain't changing to suit the needs of others...

I don't go out of my way to be rude to people, but neither do I post to get inside the orifice of another contributor...

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"It's an endless source of amusement to me, especially when someone pulls the pin and chucks a grenade in...you get the same old same old from the same old same olds. They think they are smart. I wouldn't agree"

....... in which case if people are deliberately "trolling" to get a rise out of people... are they then any better than the so called "clique" they profess to hate.......

Reply privately

over a year ago

amuses me no end this place must say

Reply privately

over a year ago

lighten up

Reply privately

By *hrissie1961Woman
over a year ago

dumfries and galloway

"It's an endless source of amusement to me, especially when someone pulls the pin and chucks a grenade in...you get the same old same old from the same old same olds. They think they are smart. I wouldn't agree

....... in which case if people are deliberately "trolling" to get a rise out of people... are they then any better than the so called "clique" they profess to hate....... "

As is so often said in the forums...the site is here for people to use as they wish.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Apologies room...

lol lights a lighter to burn it away "

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

*BOOM*

I now have no eyebrows

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Apologies room...

lol lights a lighter to burn it away

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

*BOOM*

I now have no eyebrows "

()

Reply privately

over a year ago

So if the cliques are negative what about those that jump in being just as negative and cliquey with the rest of those who whinge about cliques,they're also in a clique too

I'm confused I'm going for a lay down

Just post and be happy about it

Reply privately

By *anchestercubMan
over a year ago

manchester & NI

"Why are some people assuming that a clique is automatically something negative?"

" I don't necessarily think it is but if a clique is closedminded, somewhat fearful of certain newcomers and quite established, it can deter less confident would be contributors from having a say.

Sarah x

"

The forum is a reflection of society, not everyone is open to new people, but newcomers have to find a way to make that ok and just join in, because close-minded people won't change.

I'm actually one of the people that has suggested people use the search function more and I'm a newish poster on the forum myself.

I don't say that to be mean or to shoot down newcomers but because some questions get asked so often it feels repetitive. They don't have to take my suggestion, but it's meant more as a helpful hint rather than a shut-down. I think people's natural inclination is to feel defensive.

When I reply to posts it doesn't even cross my mind if someone has been on here 10 days or 10 years, it doesn't matter to me. Newcomers should think the same way and just get posting, most of us are a friendly bunch.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think it is evident who's been around the forums for a while and those that have met. And its often obvious who have had confrontations in the past. I have never felt ignored or ridiculed for being new. Having been on and off for a few years you see some of the same faces but there are new ones popping up all the time.

If we all tried to 'fit in' it would be a boring place to be!

Reply privately

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Everyone was new once. I was.

Reply privately

By *ordonBennettMan
over a year ago

dover

"Everyone was new once. I was. "

So was I but I was very lucky only to have been a Newbie for a day before getting a verified meet

Reply privately

over a year ago

Were not newbies

Were just the happiest best

Fabbiest Couple.

SO A BIG THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO COMMENTED..

"HAPPY SWINGING"

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Everyone was new once. I was.

Were not newbies

Fabbiest Couple.

"HAPPY SWINGING" "

lol

*Turns the lights off. Shuts the doors*

Sarah x

Reply privately

over a year ago

Were not newbies

Fabbiest Couple.

"HAPPY SWINGING" lol

Sarah x"

Oi, I can't find my way out now

Reply privately

over a year ago

Were not newbies

Fabbiest Couple.

"HAPPY SWINGING" lol

Sarah x

Oi, I can't find my way out now "

Excuse me that's not the door handle

Reply privately

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Were not newbies

Fabbiest Couple.

"HAPPY SWINGING" lol

Sarah x

Who's bumped into me and why are they carrying a cucumber?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Were not newbies

Fabbiest Couple.

"HAPPY SWINGING" lol

Sarah x

Could light another fart to send up a flare?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Were not newbies

Fabbiest Couple.

"HAPPY SWINGING" lol

Sarah x

Who's bumped into me and why are they carrying a cucumber? "

That's not a cucumber Tina

Reply privately

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Were not newbies

Fabbiest Couple.

"HAPPY SWINGING" lol

Sarah x

That's not a cucumber Tina "

That explains why my hand is now wet and sticky...

Reply privately

over a year ago

Were not newbies

Fabbiest Couple.

"HAPPY SWINGING" lol

Sarah x

That explains why my hand is now wet and sticky... "

Your soooo naughty

I just love it

Reply privately

over a year ago

Were not newbies

Fabbiest Couple.

"HAPPY SWINGING" lol

Sarah x

That explains why my hand is now wet and sticky... "

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It's an endless source of amusement to me, especially when someone pulls the pin and chucks a grenade in...you get the same old same old from the same old same olds. They think they are smart. I wouldn't agree

....... in which case if people are deliberately "trolling" to get a rise out of people... are they then any better than the so called "clique" they profess to hate.......

As is so often said in the forums...the site is here for people to use as they wish.

"

Not strictly true, there is a rule about malicious disruption

Reply privately

over a year ago

Not strictly true, there is a rule about malicious disruption"

Malicious disruption could apply to any opinion tbh. It's all down to ones own interpretation

Sarah x

Reply privately

over a year ago

Were not newbies

Fabbiest Couple.

"HAPPY SWINGING" lol

Sarah x

Could light another fart to send up a flare?"

Fresh out of eyebrows...

Reply privately

over a year ago

I would love to have seen your entrance

Reply privately

over a year ago

I would love to have seen your entrance"

fnarr fnarr

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Ive noticed the

Clickiness in the FORUM

Anybody else noticed?

Meh..my curry take away was horrible.

I'm blaming the clique.

Reply privately

By *SweetVioletxWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

Not really - even if it was who cares? We're all adults so just get on with it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Ive noticed the

Clickiness in the FORUM

Anybody else noticed?

I'm blaming the clique.

"

Don't blame the clique! It's the platinum members you need to watch out for

Reply privately

By *horltzMan
over a year ago

heysham

"Ive noticed the

Clickiness in the FORUM

Anybody else noticed?

I'm blaming the clique.

P

Don't blame the clique! It's the platinum members you need to watch out for "

Not forgetting the double platinum with a cherry on top share holders

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yeah of course there is a clique, that dosent bother me in the slightess, its quite common in all types of forums to have regulars, I still pop in now and again and say what I want to, everybody is welcome

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Yeah of course there is a clique, that dosent bother me in the slightess, its quite common in all types of forums to have regulars, I still pop in now and again and say what I want to, everybody is welcome "

You speak a lot of sense

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Yeah of course there is a clique, that dosent bother me in the slightess, its quite common in all types of forums to have regulars, I still pop in now and again and say what I want to, everybody is welcome

You speak a lot of sense "

moi

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Not really - even if it was who cares? We're all adults so just get on with it. "

Some are adults.....

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Yeah of course there is a clique, that dosent bother me in the slightess, its quite common in all types of forums to have regulars, I still pop in now and again and say what I want to, everybody is welcome

You speak a lot of sense

moi "

Yep, you!

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Some would say and indeed have said that the forum us only for those who have a "sense of fun", aren't prudes or only disagree under certain circumstances.

Reply privately

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

I have been reading and posting on the forums for quite a while now. It does seem to be more friendlier at times than others. So many people come and go that it changes all the time...

I don't believe that there are any cliques or an in group. Well I haven't been invitied to join any.

I post what I like, when I like. Sometimes people will agree with me and other times, not. Sometimes I get ignored or get lost in a thread but that's fine with me!

Reply privately

over a year ago

There are a few outspoken people yes some who do my freaking head in

Reply privately

over a year ago

Hmmmm, I know just what you mean.

Reply privately

By *ordonBennettMan
over a year ago

dover

And then there are all the regular moaners who come back again and again griping and complaining that they cannot get any meets.

They then more or less directly ask anyone to feel sorry for them and get a sympathy shag. They are very irritating because they clearly never take any positive advice offered to them by kind people on the site who are willing to give up time and try to help them. You know who I mean.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I agree it does seem this way ,,

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Ive noticed the

Clickiness in the FORUM

Anybody else noticed?

I'm blaming the clique.

Don't blame the clique! It's the platinum members you need to watch out for "

Seriously...it had a barbecue taste to it...what the heck is that all about?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Ive noticed the

Clickiness in the FORUM

Anybody else noticed?

I'm blaming the clique.

Seriously...it had a barbecue taste to it...what the heck is that all about?"

They intercept your take away orders

Reply privately

By *eddonistikMan
over a year ago

Manchester

For fucks sakes Platinum members get over yourselves, just because you haven't got Magic Fairy Dust Level?

Reply privately

over a year ago

If people play follow my leader why worry?

Look at your own comments and laugh, its good to take the piss out of yourself

And would you want to meet people that dont have minds of their own?

Her

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Ive noticed the

Clickiness in the FORUM

Anybody else noticed?

I'm blaming the clique.

They intercept your take away orders "

Hmm....action is needed.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Ive noticed the

Clickiness in the FORUM

Anybody else noticed?

I'm blaming the clique.

Hmm....action is needed.

"

The titanium members need to halt this sort of behaviour

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Ive noticed the

Clickiness in the FORUM

Anybody else noticed?

I'm blaming the clique.

Hmm....action is needed.

The titanium members need to halt this sort of behaviour "

Is there a secret handshake?

Reply privately