Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Facebook & Swingers

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Do you agree that there is a community on facebook for us swingers or is it all a bit dodgy?

I've noticed groups and pages and some profiles seem to be suggestive of swinging activities what do you think about mixing the two... ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

never in a million years would I combine it...

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I deliberately avoid facebook like the plague as I fear being on it would seriously compromise us

over a year ago

No way Pedro

over a year ago

I have many friends on it...but we use facebook for FACEBOOK and fab for FAB.

over a year ago

theres already plenty on here that use fab like facebook so whats the harm ha ha

By *bony in IvoryCouple
over a year ago

Black&White Utopia

No way at all! Like our private life seperate totaly

By *ouplekinkCouple
over a year ago

kink town

We created a profile on Facebook to see what is was like, but its crap, if you think FAB is bad for fake profiles, Facebook is ridiculous.

Stick to FAB!

over a year ago

No way, like it's been said Fab and Facebook are separate areas of my life from that point of _iew.

over a year ago

If friends found out id be introuble my gf knows about fab but dosnt mind me being on here so no mixing fab an facbook

By *lueeyes20thMan
over a year ago

Sale

I like to keep my swinging separate to my vanilla life. To many people outside of swinging are judgmental and I cant be arsed justifying my life choice all the time.

over a year ago

I would never ever ever do that. That's two separate areas of my life.

over a year ago

So many Adverts for fabs on face, makes you wonder

Her

over a year ago

"So many Adverts for fabs on face, makes you wonder

Her"

that's cos your google search is logged and followed by facebook, so anything that's searched a lot will pop up

By *ilthyHabitCouple
over a year ago

south west

I would never mix the two!!! Dangerous combination although quite a few on fab have found me on fb and friend requested!! Fem

over a year ago

well I find it a bit weird, over the years(several on fab and a few elsewhere), I got to know the people I'd met.And in all those years, I've had no problems, or have they with me, mixing fab and facebook has never been in question.

I've went to some fab friends birthday parties(with fellow fabbers too),some of their families have been there.Amazingly nobody needs to mention how we met etc etc...

its respect and discretion mixed with a bit of common sense diligence.

over a year ago

Herthat's cos your google search is logged and followed by facebook, so anything that's searched a lot will pop up"

mine? Or in general?

Her

over a year ago

in general, that's how it earns its money with ads ect

over a year ago

Herthat's cos your google search is logged and followed by facebook, so anything that's searched a lot will pop upmine? Or in general?

Her"

never seen an ad for fab on my facebook ever...plenty for dating sites..thats it.

By *mm_n_ZedCouple
over a year ago

Fareham

I wouldn't generally want to combine the two although there are a few people on my fb page who I met through swinging and who subsequently became good friends. We NEVER refer to swinging on fb though.

I had some guy I'd spoken to fairly regularly via messaging on here 'suggested' to me as a fb friend recently - I recognised his pic as it was the same as on here (fully clothed). It had his real name and location etc. I didn't add him as I didn't want to freak him out but I did wonder how the hell it came about that he was suggested to me by fb

over a year ago

"never in a million years would I combine it..."

Me neither

over a year ago

"I wouldn't generally want to combine the two although there are a few people on my fb page who I met through swinging and who subsequently became good friends. We NEVER refer to swinging on fb though.

I had some guy I'd spoken to fairly regularly via messaging on here 'suggested' to me as a fb friend recently - I recognised his pic as it was the same as on here (fully clothed). It had his real name and location etc. I didn't add him as I didn't want to freak him out but I did wonder how the hell it came about that he was suggested to me by fb "

friends in common is the most likely answer

over a year ago

"I wouldn't generally want to combine the two although there are a few people on my fb page who I met through swinging and who subsequently became good friends. We NEVER refer to swinging on fb though.

I had some guy I'd spoken to fairly regularly via messaging on here 'suggested' to me as a fb friend recently - I recognised his pic as it was the same as on here (fully clothed). It had his real name and location etc. I didn't add him as I didn't want to freak him out but I did wonder how the hell it came about that he was suggested to me by fb "

I've had the same too, slightly difficult to work out why given he is way down south and I know no-one that way

over a year ago

Herthat's cos your google search is logged and followed by facebook, so anything that's searched a lot will pop upmine? Or in general?

Her

never seen an ad for fab on my facebook ever...plenty for dating sites..thats it."

I'm rarely on mine, but have seen it.

Her

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

I detest the way that Facebook links everything up with everything else - and there are some things that I just dont want linking, this being one of them... so no I wouldnt mix the two

over a year ago

people that either you _iew regularly or that _iew you regularly will often pop up as suggested

over a year ago

"I detest the way that Facebook links everything up with everything else - and there are some things that I just dont want linking, this being one of them... so no I wouldnt mix the two"

Same. I have hardly any information on fb as it is, because there's no privacy on there. No way I'd link it with here.

By *mm_n_ZedCouple
over a year ago

Fareham

I had some guy I'd spoken to fairly regularly via messaging on here 'suggested' to me as a fb friend recently - I recognised his pic as it was the same as on here (fully clothed). It had his real name and location etc. I didn't add him as I didn't want to freak him out but I did wonder how the hell it came about that he was suggested to me by fb

friends in common is the most likely answer"

Thing is, my swinging friends on fb are people I met in person through socials - not randoms on fab so he's unlikely to be on the friends list of any of them. It's all very 'big brother'.

over a year ago

"never in a million years would I combine it..."

Exactly the words that came into my mind.

over a year ago

friends in common is the most likely answer

Thing is, my swinging friends on fb are people I met in person through socials - not randoms on fab so he's unlikely to be on the friends list of any of them. It's all very 'big brother'."

all it takes in an email addy or phone number to be linked with facebook...and hey presto, u have a new suggested friend lol

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

"

Thing is, my swinging friends on fb are people I met in person through socials - not randoms on fab so he's unlikely to be on the friends list of any of them. It's all very 'big brother'."

Ive mentioned about this before, but a few years ago I swapped email messages with a guy I know from here. I used a 'perving' email address and so did he (billybigboy or whatever).

When I joined Facebook months and months later using my real email address it did the linking up thing and his 'real life' profile popped up with all his family pics, where he works, where he goes drinking.....absolutely no idea how that happened.

I also discovered that his brother has a profile on here

By *mm_n_ZedCouple
over a year ago

Fareham

"

Thing is, my swinging friends on fb are people I met in person through socials - not randoms on fab so he's unlikely to be on the friends list of any of them. It's all very 'big brother'.

Ive mentioned about this before, but a few years ago I swapped email messages with a guy I know from here. I used a 'perving' email address and so did he (billybigboy or whatever).

When I joined Facebook months and months later using my real email address it did the linking up thing and his 'real life' profile popped up with all his family pics, where he works, where he goes drinking.....absolutely no idea how that happened.

I also discovered that his brother has a profile on here "

Just a bit scary isn't it?

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

"

I also discovered that his brother has a profile on here

Just a bit scary isn't it? "

Not as scary as it could have been - I'd never got around to arranging that meet with his brother

But I assume if he popped up on my FB account then my profile also popped up on his...

Post new Message to Thread