FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Winks. Should they stay or should they go.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Based on the number of profiles that say winks will be ignored, should the site creators simply take that function off?

Also why not add a rule to the friends invite that simply says a person can not request a friend invite until a message exchange has been passed.

I am sure many will agree

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Based on the number of profiles that say winks will be ignored, should the site creators simply take that function off?

Also why not add a rule to the friends invite that simply says a person can not request a friend invite until a message exchange has been passed.

I am sure many will agree "

I think the winks should stay but I think you should have a filter option that can prevent people from winking & u can choose whether to turn it on or off! I would like to know why u can't wink for 30 days, that drives me mad!

By *tarbeckCouple
over a year ago

york

we think they should stay

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"Based on the number of profiles that say winks will be ignored, should the site creators simply take that function off?

I am sure many will agree

I think the winks should stay but I think you should have a filter option that can prevent people from winking & u can choose whether to turn it on or off! I would like to know why u can't wink for 30 days, that drives me mad! "

my guess, annoyance factor.

over a year ago

i dont see a vast amount saying winks will be ignored...

and plenty of meets I've had stemmed from a wink

over a year ago

Winks to stay please.......those that don't like them can choose to ignore them. Why deny the people that don't mind using or receiving them the option?

over a year ago

We like winks as long as people have read our profile first, We look if we like we either wink back or send message, if we don't like we just ignore, no need to message so winks to stay please.

over a year ago

If you don't like them... ignore them....

If you do like them.....

over a year ago

I think they should expand on it actually; make it so you can send a picture with the wink. You could send a face picture or another private picture then without having to have a message alongside it.

over a year ago

I wink people to register interest - I'd like them to check me out to see if they're interested, and then take it from there! I suppose getting bulk-deleted gets to us half-decent single guys....

;-) ( irony)

By *eddonistikMan
over a year ago

Manchester

What's wrong with them, especially if they're from people who fit in with your profile likes. Some do tend to baffle me though at times.

Straight guys who wink at me, why? If you fancy coming to my GBs, just message me and I'll happily add you as a friend so you can easily keep an eye on my events.

However generally just take them as an expression of interest, how I or they respond is down to us. I've met some very nice like minded people through winks both sent and received.

The same with photos being fabbed, for example a couple fabbed a couple of my photos the other day. After an exchange of messages we're meeting up for the first time tomorrow for what looks like a very fun and varied evening ahead

over a year ago

Leave them where they are and put in an option to block them.

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

They are a site tool that some use and some don't. Use or ignore.

I use them and like getting them

over a year ago

"I think they should expand on it actually; make it so you can send a picture with the wink. You could send a face picture or another private picture then without having to have a message alongside it."

Just mail a pic.

over a year ago

I think winks should stay, they're a good way to initiate contact before messaging begins, can have a nose and wink back if interested

over a year ago

Winks are ok. People never follow through with a message even if you wink back

over a year ago

Nothing wrong with winks, if you don't like them, ignore them

over a year ago

Why fix what isn't broken. Those that moan about something like a wink will surely find something else to moan about.

Many a good meet has resulted from a wink for me.

over a year ago

Keep them, no real harm in them is there?

over a year ago

"Winks are ok. People never follow through with a message even if you wink back "

Utter poppycock. A lot of my meets started as a wink. They wink me, I read profile like what I see and wink back, then we exchange messages. I've can't remember when I haven't got a message when ive returned someone's wink and ive never not messaged someone when they've responded to my wink.

By *odareyouMan
over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

I guess those that don't wish to receive them will use it as another filter you ignored our request not for us, then they'll probably mass delete simples

I don't send winks I prefer to message in the first instance. I don't mind receiving a though,

over a year ago

"Winks are ok. People never follow through with a message even if you wink back

Utter poppycock. A lot of my meets started as a wink. They wink me, I read profile like what I see and wink back, then we exchange messages. I've can't remember when I haven't got a message when ive returned someone's wink and ive never not messaged someone when they've responded to my wink.

"

Thank you

over a year ago

I don't mind winks one bit. It's a quick and gentle way to say hi.

over a year ago

i never look at winks i take them to mean like your profile/pics thanks all.....i delete them,if someone is interested they will message me simple

over a year ago

"Winks are ok. People never follow through with a message even if you wink back "

I have found this on my single profile too. I have messaged in return for a wink and on 2 occasions, the recipient deleted it without reply but having said that, I've had some good meets start as winks. On the whole, I like the feature.

Miss F

over a year ago

Unless its a clear Majority of Profiles that state they dont like/accept winks then why change it? Unless you are going with the Minority Dictates School of thinking

Gimp

over a year ago

I have found this on my single profile too. I have messaged in return for a wink and on 2 occasions, the recipient deleted it without reply but having said that, I've had some good meets start as winks. On the whole, I like the feature.

Miss F"

I've had a few too. I should have posted that in my earlier post i guess

over a year ago

"I don't mind winks one bit. It's a quick and gentle way to say hi. "

I agree ..... A wink means a hello / someone likes what they see!

over a year ago

Nothing wrong with a good old wink ??

over a year ago

Better than writing a message for it to be deleted without being read, that's annoying

over a year ago

I think they should remain but be amended like fabbed pics. As in, you have the option whether or not to receive them.

over a year ago

I recieve winks and friends requests from so far away, out of my preference and alot of blank profiles hence I look but rarely wink back, accasionally when I do wink back I never hear back anyhow.

give me a message anyday, so wouldn't bother me if option disappeared

over a year ago

Miss F

I've had a few too. I should have posted that in my earlier post i guess "

Perhaps you should as what you said was "people never follow through with a message"

Hence my reply

over a year ago

"Why fix what isn't broken. Those that moan about something like a wink will surely find something else to moan about.

Many a good meet has resulted from a wink for me. "

This leave it alone

over a year ago

Keep em - seems a very quick and easy way to register interest and is how a lot of couples and women show that they want to know more... If you don't accept winks then surely you don't bother looking at them?

over a year ago

I personally would prefer to have the option to be able to filter winks and friends invited out. Our profile clearly states (when unhidden) that we do not accept either but we get them daily despite this. Just proves people really cannot be bothered to read.

If the filter option is provided those that like them keep and use them. Those like us who dont never need to see them again

over a year ago

the only problem I can see from a wink is someone thinking thats them getting a shag, a wink is an effective instant ice breaker.albeit a very small percentage of the work needed to secure a meet.

over a year ago

The only issue I have with the winks system is that it doesn't put the most recent at the top of the list, it's just who's been online most recently. This is fine if you only have one or two winks but if you have several it's mildly frustrating. Otherwise I like the winks option.

over a year ago

"I personally would prefer to have the option to be able to filter winks and friends invited out. Our profile clearly states (when unhidden) that we do not accept either but we get them daily despite this. Just proves people really cannot be bothered to read.

If the filter option is provided those that like them keep and use them. Those like us who dont never need to see them again

"

We're winkers as an initial icebreaker but I think being able to filter them out or have a setting where they're not accepted is a great idea...it would give us a great indicator of whether or not one was welcome because not everyone puts it on their profile...

over a year ago

Personally I like to receive a wink (not that I get very many!) but those that don't like them can easily ignore them.

Can't see the problem to be honest

over a year ago

As far as I'm aware, winks aren't causing a problem, why get rid of them? They can be fun

over a year ago

Nothing wrong with winks

By *eryBigGirlWoman
over a year ago

East Yorkshire

Damn song stuck in my head now

By *ikerswingCouple
over a year ago

mcr

Love a wink or two it's a good way of starting up a conversation lol so let's keep them and carry on winking

By *gents 3 and 4Couple
over a year ago

truro

"I personally would prefer to have the option to be able to filter winks and friends invited out. Our profile clearly states (when unhidden) that we do not accept either but we get them daily despite this. Just proves people really cannot be bothered to read.

"

This

over a year ago

They're easily ignored but some of the people that don't like them act as though they've had a steaming turd dumped on their profile

Maybe have an opt out button for those who are offended and disturbed by them

over a year ago

"They're easily ignored but some of the people that don't like them act as though they've had a steaming turd dumped on their profile

Maybe have an opt out button for those who are offended and disturbed by them"

i think we should have a steaming turd function for profiles we find pish

over a year ago

Just because some people say that winks or friends requests without an initial messages will be ignored does not mean that this is a rule. These people are merely expressing their wishes just as it is other peoples rights to continue doing what they want.

I would say OP that you continue doing what you want to on the site.

I think winks should stay simply because the owners of this site offer it as an option

over a year ago

Stay.

It's a great way of breaking the ice.

If we wink..We are interested. If we get a wink back...game on!

over a year ago

I'm not against winks but I often fail to see the point of how some use them.

I clearly state on my profile that I can't meet unless people can accommodate during school hours so there's no point winking or messaging me if they can't.

Winks I receive normally go one of 2 ways.

Receive a wink, I wink back or send a message if interested then nothing back.

or

Receive a wink from a "can't accommodate" person so I message back saying I guess you can accommodate then to which they say no read my profile it states I can't. ........and I'm like .. read YOUR PROFILE.....wtf about reading mine to start with

By *ancs MinxWoman
over a year ago

Burnley

By *onnie and JohnCouple
over a year ago

WILTSHIRE

"Stay.

It's a great way of breaking the ice.

If we wink..We are interested. If we get a wink back...game on!

"

let the ping pong begin,,lol..

By *uessWhosBackAgainMan
over a year ago

London

"Nothing wrong with winks, if you don't like them, ignore them "

over a year ago

Winks are just a way for people to say their interested and like the way you look. You don't have to wink back if they don't strike your fancy. You should leave the winks alone. "If it isn't broke, don't fix it."

Just our humble opinion and here is a big to everyone on the forum.

By *ucyfur77Woman
over a year ago

Pleasuretown

"If you don't like them... ignore them....

If you do like them..... "

over a year ago

yes I don't take much notice of winks, there isn't much need for them when people can fab your pictures.

over a year ago

Stay.

over a year ago

I think go as what is the point with them any way. Even if I were to send a wink, it never gets a response any way as many people see this as a nuisance rather than a sign of interest.

By *mallteaserWoman
over a year ago

Central

I quite like a wink x

By *eddonistikMan
over a year ago

Manchester

If a profile says 'winks will be ignored' I will message if I'm interested and think the person(s) may be interested in me. However it's a decent way of expressing an interest in someone, it's lead to some good meets both from ones I've sent and ones I've received. The same applies to fabbed photos, the act of someone fabbing a couple my pic's last week lead to a great meet last night, hopefully the first of many

By *andy_tomMan
over a year ago

wolverhampton

I think they should stay. Wink wink.

By *uessWhosBackAgainMan
over a year ago

London

"I quite like a wink x"

Never got one in return

over a year ago

"I quite like a wink x"

I sent you one in reply to your wink, all I got back was a friends request of which I dont take till met, so that ended that winkers session

the reason I reply a wink with a wink is so gives the person the opportunity to reply with a message

over a year ago

They work perfectly for me as it's my way of saying I'm interested without clogging up fabbers inboxes but agree with someone who said you should have an option if you don't want to be winked

over a year ago

We like the wink function, it's a good way to show / receive notification of interest. If people like what they see then hopefully conversations will start

over a year ago

"I quite like a wink x

I sent you one in reply to your wink, all I got back was a friends request of which I dont take till met, so that ended that winkers session

the reason I reply a wink with a wink is so gives the person the opportunity to reply with a message"

By *john121Man
over a year ago

staffs

Stay, but with a wink option. Winks are a friendly approach, especially if you're not confident in your ability to put together a well written first approach.

Like all the other options available it's here to make your experience as fun as possible.

Also, It gets a little boring when profiles use italics or otherwise to moan about being contacted by single guys when there's a perfectly good option to NOT be contacted! of course when you've selected that option please remember to update your profile accordingly.

ALL options/preferences really should be ticked when you first sign up and create your profile, you should have to deselect. that way those that get over excited at being new members will start off happier and enjoy the experience more.

just a thought.

There is no need to start your profile with a rant about single guys..

Post new Message to Thread