Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

nightmares!

Jump to newest

By *aughtyButExtraNice69 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Rotherham

This may not be the right place too put this but after splitting up from a mentally an physically abusive relationship and making a huge decision i didnt want to do, iv been suffering with really bad nightmares,

Flash backs,

Waking up in a cold sweat,

Not been able to nod off to sleep till the early hours,

All that kind of stuff.

Now i know im not the only person to have been in a shitty relatiomship but just wonderd if anyone else had been through simular an how they coped?

Xx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

If it was pretty traumatic for you, the body and mind does some strange things, whilst not reacting as you have to a relationship breakdown and having never had an abusive partner i dont know, but I had all the things you list when i was involved in a road accident.

I'm sure it will get better in time x keep smiling x

By *adyGardenWoman
over a year ago

LONDON (se)

I had therapy maybe that will work for you too. Talking is good to release the negative impact it has on your life.

I hope you come through as it's not an easy thing to come through.

over a year ago

"This may not be the right place too put this but after splitting up from a mentally an physically abusive relationship and making a huge decision i didnt want to do, iv been suffering with really bad nightmares,

Flash backs,

All that kind of stuff.

Now i know im not the only person to have been in a shitty relatiomship but just wonderd if anyone else had been through simular an how they coped?

Xx"

You're describing some of the symptoms of post traumatic stress disorder and if your relationship was abusive then it's not surprising. Go to see your GP and ask for a referral for some therapy. Do it sooner rather than later as there's often a long waiting list

Hope you feel better soon

over a year ago

"This may not be the right place too put this but after splitting up from a mentally an physically abusive relationship and making a huge decision i didnt want to do, iv been suffering with really bad nightmares,

Flash backs,

All that kind of stuff.

Xx"

I totally identify with this! I think it means your whole being is coming to terms with what you went through, then trying to release all the negativity, so you can start the healing process and move on. You're grieving in a way. It's very painful, emotionally draining and difficult but you will get through it. S x

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

Flash backs,

All that kind of stuff.

Xx

You're describing some of the symptoms of post traumatic stress disorder and if your relationship was abusive then it's not surprising. Go to see your GP and ask for a referral for some therapy. Do it sooner rather than later as there's often a long waiting list

Hope you feel better soon"

I agree with this totally, I've seen the damage this can do to a person and how it can make them push others away who truly care for them

Please do consider seeking help. I really hope you can move on.

Post new Message to Thread