Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Age Limits

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Its a shame i have one contact on my hot list who is one year out of her prefered age range, and i cant do anything to at least say hi, be friendly etc. Especially when you can see status updates which is showing there isnt much interest. Is there anyway of passing over a basic message? It does seem a silly rule to me, maybe it should flag up and not block people outside age ranges. I personally dont have a age issue.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

But clearly she does! Many people have preferences. Some they can filter, others they just state on their profile.

Better to let this one go and focus on those who you do "qualify" for. You will be much less frustrated that way.

You can't message her because she doesn't want to waste her time (and yours actually) by getting unwanted messages.

The filters are a great idea...we all use them to cut down on "junk" mail.

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

Why is it ok for you to have an age range but not her?

What if some gorgeous fit 61 year old wanted to meet you but can't because you've blocked over 60's?

over a year ago

"Why is it ok for you to have an age range but not her?

What if some gorgeous fit 61 year old wanted to meet you but can't because you've blocked over 60's?

"

Maybe her real upper preferred age is 35 but she puts 40 because she's already being kind...

over a year ago

Other people do have an age issue even if you don't and if you could contact this woman, she may not even fancy you, have you thought of that !

By *onnie and JohnCouple
over a year ago

WILTSHIRE

hi try putting a message in

"your current status" this has worked for us, good luck ,Connie xx

over a year ago

I am 34 female and I do kind of have an age limit to what I want but I can be flexible at ttmes it depends on the person not the age even though I do have a age I will not go over.

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

Why should anyone have the option to bypass another's filters just because they feel it's unfair?

People set filters if they have a preference. Not on a whim.

It's life. Recognise it and move on.

It's the same when those that do fit the loose preferences that are filterable - gender, age and verification status - message saying "hi, I've read your profile and I'm just what you're looking for as I meet every one of your message preferences".

They never consider the one thing you can't filter. Attraction!

A

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"hi try putting a message in

"your current status" this has worked for us, good luck ,Connie xx

"

This....we got in touch with someone once after they did this

By *orthyorkypairCouple
over a year ago

North Yorkshire

"

touche!!!!!! 1 nil we believe lol

over a year ago

"Its a shame i have one contact on my hot list who is one year out of her prefered age range, and i cant do anything to at least say hi, be friendly etc. Especially when you can see status updates which is showing there isnt much interest. Is there anyway of passing over a basic message? It does seem a silly rule to me, maybe it should flag up and not block people outside age ranges. I personally dont have a age issue."

I know! And all those people we see and fancy who only want to meet single men! After all, we're only 1 female outside of their preferences and we have no issue with couples, so why should their preferences exclude us?

over a year ago

I have age limits but my message filters are open just in case

over a year ago

Thanks for the answers in the forum, Understand the comments given. Theres alot of factors which make contact happen, attraction similar interests etc. But this one scenario seems just a limitation on the system here. It seems everyone is happy with how this is implemented. I can see cracks in it.

over a year ago

touche!!!!!! 1 nil we believe lol "

Own, goal age filters on all our profiles..

over a year ago

Filter adjusted to 99, looking at how this was made in the first place I didn't realise it will take away anyone over the age of 60. Thats now been corrected.

over a year ago

"Thanks for the answers in the forum, Understand the comments given. Theres alot of factors which make contact happen, attraction similar interests etc. But this one scenario seems just a limitation on the system here. It seems everyone is happy with how this is implemented. I can see cracks in it. "

So you think you should be able to contact her even though she clearly does not want to be contacted by someone of your age

over a year ago

A filter is a filter for that reason and to stop people contacting you outside of certain preferences.

What is the point of having that option if people can bypass that?

Respect peoples wishes.

over a year ago

"Its a shame i have one contact on my hot list who is one year out of her prefered age range, and i cant do anything to at least say hi, be friendly etc. Especially when you can see status updates which is showing there isnt much interest. Is there anyway of passing over a basic message? It does seem a silly rule to me, maybe it should flag up and not block people outside age ranges. I personally dont have a age issue."

People can control their filters and if people put age limits up its their choice to do so ignoring it is just rude.

over a year ago

"Thanks for the answers in the forum, Understand the comments given. Theres alot of factors which make contact happen, attraction similar interests etc. But this one scenario seems just a limitation on the system here. It seems everyone is happy with how this is implemented. I can see cracks in it. "

Cracks?

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Filter adjusted to 99, looking at how this was made in the first place I didn't realise it will take away anyone over the age of 60. Thats now been corrected."

see.... you may see that as "the solution"... all I see is you still didn't decide to respect other peoples preferences, just like when you had yours....

the complaint was about someone having a preference, it was that you fell outside of it.......

people always find a way to complain about the things that exclude them...

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

touche!!!!!! 1 nil we believe lol

Own, goal age filters on all our profiles.."

Not an own goal. I have age preferences on my profile because that is a combination of what I find attractive and the age I feel I have something in common with.

over a year ago

I feel sorry for all the 100 year old swingers on here. They're out of everyone's age limit.

over a year ago

Wise words from Red Angel, age is just a number.

over a year ago

I know the feeling on this one, I turned 50 recently which overnight took me out of the range of quite a few people who had 49 as their upper limit.

I have mine open as I wouldn't know where to set it Always best to be open minded

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

I was on a site where you posted your age preferences but they weren't filtered out so anyone could message you.

I was constantly inundated by what, to me, were young boys. Many only 18 or 19 which were way too young for me. No matter what I wrote on the top line of my profile this did not stop.

I left the site in the end and that is what would happen here if we didn't have filters. It would turn the site to shit.

By *otpair255Couple
over a year ago

Langley

We also think filterz are good idea. We do not receive to many unwanted massages and most people who contact us are people who potentially have a chance to become our partners in crime ^^. Our age limit is 40 but our filter is set up to 45 for a right experience couple actually start thinking that mature couple are sexy and play with them could be interesting we might rise our age limit again soon.Happy swinging all

By *otpair255Couple
over a year ago

Langley

[Removed by poster at 25/08/14 14:05:38]

By *ordonBennettMan
over a year ago

dover

"We also think filterz are good idea. We do not receive to many unwanted massages and most people who contact us are people who potentially have a chance to become our partners in crime ^^. Our age limit is 40 but our filter is set up to 45 for a right experience couple actually start thinking that mature couple are sexy and play with them could be interesting we might rise our age limit again soon.Happy swinging all"

I've never received an unwanted massage

By *otpair255Couple
over a year ago

Langley

Lucky you. We have received offer from a single man that had couple profile and sent 4 pics of his cock instant block though

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

I have a range but no block x

over a year ago

I have posted about this before on the Wales forum. I can see why people have age filters, but it can be frustrating for those of us of a certain age, 55, when you know there are many people on the site, M F and couples who are 'economical with the truth'! I have a few lady friends who would have not met me purely through messaging as I am outside their filtered age range, but after meeting at socials realise that I am not your typical 55 year old, if there is such a thing. My advice, go to clubs, socials, parties and actually meet people. It's the only real way to judge someone. Age is but a number, shame that it's such a big one sometimes!

By *at69driveMan
over a year ago

Wisbech and A47 corridor

The point of filters is to block those from whom you do not want to hear from. Seems reasonable to me. Everyone makes choices in life .

over a year ago

"Its a shame i have one contact on my hot list who is one year out of her prefered age range, and i cant do anything to at least say hi, be friendly etc. Especially when you can see status updates which is showing there isnt much interest. Is there anyway of passing over a basic message? It does seem a silly rule to me, maybe it should flag up and not block people outside age ranges. I personally dont have a age issue.

I was on a site where you posted your age preferences but they weren't filtered out so anyone could message you.

I was constantly inundated by what, to me, were young boys. Many only 18 or 19 which were way too young for me. No matter what I wrote on the top line of my profile this did not stop.

I left the site in the end and that is what would happen here if we didn't have filters. It would turn the site to shit. "

shame i'm to old xx

over a year ago

We had someone out of age range look at us the other day who had changed his status to our user name and was asking for a message. He then kept looking at us nearly every five minutes. That was one way of getting noticed.

over a year ago

"We had someone out of age range look at us the other day who had changed his status to our user name and was asking for a message. He then kept looking at us nearly every five minutes. That was one way of getting noticed. "

Did you bite?:D

over a year ago

"We had someone out of age range look at us the other day who had changed his status to our user name and was asking for a message. He then kept looking at us nearly every five minutes. That was one way of getting noticed.

Did you bite?:D"

Would have been rude if we didn't.

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

"Its a shame i have one contact on my hot list who is one year out of her prefered age range, and i cant do anything to at least say hi, be friendly etc. Especially when you can see status updates which is showing there isnt much interest. Is there anyway of passing over a basic message? It does seem a silly rule to me, maybe it should flag up and not block people outside age ranges. I personally dont have a age issue.

I left the site in the end and that is what would happen here if we didn't have filters. It would turn the site to shit.

shame i'm to old xx"

And married.

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Age does matter

over a year ago

Just to clarify, I have absolutely NO age limit or any body type preference on my profile at all

Im here for some variety and to try some new types, not for the same old vanilla

Post new Message to Thread