Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Attractive women ugly men

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

This maybe a bit touchy. But why do you good looking women 'settle' for ugly men? Seriously though. These men are normally way out of your league. What attracts you to them?

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 19/08/14 02:10:49]

Reply privately

over a year ago

Attraction isn't just about looks.

Reply privately

By *nlyfun3Woman
over a year ago

NEAR Berkhamsted,Herts

for me attraction is personal and i wouldnt necessarily call any1 ugly unless their personality suggested they were!

Reply privately

over a year ago

A guys look are inversely proportional to how well he treats his woman?

My last bf was a mega hottie, treated me like sh*t for three years. I'd sooner have mr 'man next door' and be treated well.

Reply privately

By *airy_HettyWoman
over a year ago

Greater London

What is you definition of good looking?

My definition is of a man that has a G.S.O.H as well as many other traits.

You are very young and as you mature you will realise that 'good looks' really is in the eye of the beholder and is not everything.

Reply privately

By *oulou45Woman
over a year ago

Bucks

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Reply privately

over a year ago

"What is you definition of good looking?

My definition is of a man that has a G.S.O.H as well as many other traits.

You are very young and as you mature you will realise that 'good looks' really is in the eye of the beholder and is not everything. "

Reply privately

By *imjohnCouple
over a year ago

Clacton on sea, Essex

"This maybe a bit touchy. But why do you good looking women 'settle' for ugly men? Seriously though. These men are normally way out of your league. What attracts you to them?"

Is this the case with you as you don't have any of your hubby on your profile, don't worry what others think be brave and show him off.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"This maybe a bit touchy. But why do you good looking women 'settle' for ugly men? Seriously though. These men are normally way out of your league. What attracts you to them?"

You might class them as ugly, they might not, they aren't settling for anything, they're meeting who they find attractive

Reply privately

over a year ago

"This maybe a bit touchy. But why do you good looking women 'settle' for ugly men? Seriously though. These men are normally way out of your league. What attracts you to them?

Is this the case with you as you don't have any of your hubby on your profile, don't worry what others think be brave and show him off."

I think it is the hubby typing, basically moaning that no one is attracted to them lol

Reply privately

By *oody39Man
over a year ago

tunbridge wells

All the ladies saying about how he treats you or his personality, but surely there must be a physical attraction?? I'd say I am a 3 out of 10 in looks, but I am a nice guy n try to treat ladies in the correct !manner, yet never attract a stunner and always get shit on.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Putting aside the 'beauty is in eye if the beholder' thing, I think the OP raises an interesting point.

Purely on looks I would argue that here on a Fab, more so than in real life, and based purely on physical appearance the female half is more often better looking than the male.

Particularly in clubs there must be a high instance of the female half 'taking one for the team' .

Reply privately

By *radleyandRavenCouple
over a year ago

Herts

Physical attraction is individual. What I find attractive, some may wrinkle their nose at, just as I will cringe at what somebody else finds attractive and I'm sure it's the same for you - It doesn't make anyone "ugly" or mean that that person has "settled", it just means they're not YOUR type.

i.e: I don't understand all the hype about Tom Hardy, Jason Statham or Channing Tatum... To ME, I could say they are "ugly" because they're not my type.

Catch my drift?

- Amy. x

Reply privately

over a year ago

We see from the heart?

Someone who is always there for me.

Someone who doesn't judge me.

Looks after me when I'm sad.

I could go on all day what she does for me.

I'll let her say what I do for her.

And yes she is out my league!

But then again maybe not

Reply privately

over a year ago

Wow really let the cat out the bag here.

For those asking yes it is the hubby typing.

My point is. I see many men who are fat old and over weight with either younger or similar age but very attractive women. Come on we have all seen em.

Now don't get me wrong a personality and sense of humour can get you very far. But really. Can it get u that far?

I believe ( and correct me if I am wrong) that it is down to money. These women seem to be attracted to the lifestyle not the person.

Am I wrong? Please correct me if I am?

Thanks

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Wow really let the cat out the bag here.

My point is. I see many men who are fat old and over weight with either younger or similar age but very attractive women. Come on we have all seen em.

Now don't get me wrong a personality and sense of humour can get you very far. But really. Can it get u that far?

I believe ( and correct me if I am wrong) that it is down to money. These women seem to be attracted to the lifestyle not the person.

Thanks "

Yes you are wrong, in my opinion. Maybe the women don't care that the men are fat and old, as you call them. And genuinely like them from their personality and sense of humour rather than looks

Reply privately

over a year ago

Eh I don't mean to offend. Just purely offering my opinion. Happy to be roves wrong.

Reply privately

over a year ago

All down to individual tastes. Loads of women prefer older men wether they are fat, skinny, tall or small.

You can't help who your attracted to, some people will look at you and think fecking hell she could do better just as people will look at me and think why is she with him?

Reply privately

over a year ago

See I agree with this. However this is the exact answer I am looking for. Why are these exact women attracted to these men?? Lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

"See I agree with this. However this is the exact answer I am looking for. Why are these exact women attracted to these men?? Lol"

Ask your missus

Reply privately

over a year ago

So because you think they are ugly everyone else should ?

Reply privately

By *radleyandRavenCouple
over a year ago

Herts

"See I agree with this. However this is the exact answer I am looking for. Why are these exact women attracted to these men?? Lol"

Why not? *Shrugs*.

Reply privately

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

[Removed by poster at 19/08/14 04:50:06]

Reply privately

By *radleyandRavenCouple
over a year ago

Herts

If you're an attractive woman (also based on individual opinion!) does that mean you HAVE to stick to public-approved ideas of "handsome", young, athletic types for fear of being labelled a gold-digger or having ulterior motives?

Reply privately

over a year ago

We are attracted to who we are.

I don't think there is any law about or even physics for that matter.

We like whom we like.

If anyone has the answer then package it up like a little blue pill cos you have found the answer to the unicorn.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Make sure you copy us in.

World peace cos everyone will be shagging

Reply privately

over a year ago

You are mistaking looks for attraction. People can be attracted to others for many reasons. Some women (and some men) enjoy people who are kind, thoughtful, dominant, good parents, good friends, submissive, generous, powerful, kinky, fun, loving, etc I could go on all day. None of these have anything to do with looks.

Perhaps these women you are thinking about just aren't superficial like some.

Reply privately

over a year ago

whats ugly to one is attractive to others

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don't think it's one specific reason why this happens it's a number of things

personal choice

being friends then progressing

wealth (both men/women) are attracted to it

etc etc

Reply privately

over a year ago

What's ugly to you isn't to everyone else

Reply privately

By *ancs MinxWoman
over a year ago

Burnley

"A guys look are inversely proportional to how well he treats his woman?

My last bf was a mega hottie, treated me like sh*t for three years. I'd sooner have mr 'man next door' and be treated well."

Reply privately

over a year ago

I cant believe in this day and age people are so superficial

Reply privately

By *aveandkate35Couple
over a year ago

telford

[Removed by poster at 19/08/14 07:32:55]

Reply privately

over a year ago

The word ugly is quite subjective. Some women like "mind", in the same way some men like "head"

Not sure what you are driving at here. No pics of you as the male. Just a statement about ugly men. Maybe I am ugly, but I put myself out there and if some people think me ugly so be it.

But using the word ugly and then saying "it must be money"

I could ask " why are attractive men attracted to superficial, materialistic, bimbos"

but I won't

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm way better looking than my wife.

Runs for cover on a remote island!!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Attraction grows. There may not necessarily be a physical attraction to begin with but as you get to know the person inside looks really do become unimportant. This happened with my ex husband and I. He is 21 years my senior, overweight and not the best looking man but he is a lovely person. Some narrow minded people assumed he must have money but I can assure you he didn't but I stayed with him for 14 years and for most of that time he made me extremely happy. (our split had nothing to do with looks before anyone comments)

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm way better looking than my wife.

Runs for cover on a remote island!!!"

Oooh snap!! Lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Physical attraction is individual. What I find attractive, some may wrinkle their nose at, just as I will cringe at what somebody else finds attractive and I'm sure it's the same for you - It doesn't make anyone "ugly" or mean that that person has "settled", it just means they're not YOUR type.

i.e: I don't understand all the hype about Tom Hardy, Jason Statham or Channing Tatum... To ME, I could say they are "ugly" because they're not my type.

Catch my drift?

- Amy. x"

This.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Putting aside the 'beauty is in eye if the beholder' thing, I think the OP raises an interesting point.

Purely on looks I would argue that here on a Fab, more so than in real life, and based purely on physical appearance the female half is more often better looking than the male.

Particularly in clubs there must be a high instance of the female half 'taking one for the team' . "

Reply privately

over a year ago

Thanks "

Yes I agree with you, either their money or because the women have low self esteem.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm considering my self ugly on this website !

anyway . That's what's always happen. Some women who can't stand competition against other women and to keep good looking men to them selfies always goes to ugly one. Suppose same with guys.

Reply privately

By *-4pleasureCouple
over a year ago

Belfast

Thanks "

You don't have a very high opinion of the female sex do you?

Reply privately

By *ast_jjMan
over a year ago

Dublin and London

"I'm way better looking than my wife.

Runs for cover on a remote island!!!"

Enjoy the remote island! Lol but you sure do look good , I can't see your wife to compare but I'm sure ye are both very lucky to have each other and I don't mean that from a looks point of view. J

Reply privately

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Why don't you ask them? You have been given lots of good, clear answers yet none of them suit because they aren't what you are looking for. If you already have an answer in mind, why ask us?

The money argument is such a cliché said by those jealous of the guy.

Reply privately

By *otsoSnowWhiteWoman
over a year ago

My Ice Castle! South Wales

I had a reaction of a friend recently when they saw a pic of my current boyf who's a member on here. They said "is that YOUR boyfriend?" My reply yes why are you so shocked her reply was "Well he's gorgeous!!" To which my reply was "Don't I deserve a good looking boyfriend? Cause I'm fat and not the prettiest does that mean I can't have someone nice?" She didn't know what to say!!

We attract people for something they see special in us. For me with him he's got a kind soft face that's just bloody gorgeous.

Reply privately

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

If you're talking about couples you can't judge on looks because you have no idea how long they've been together.

Perhaps 15 years ago that fat, balding ugly man was the local hottie and that slim, attractive woman was a bit of a fat munter with dodgy hair and skin and unflattering glasses and everyone wondered what he saw in her!

Attraction is a very individual thing. I have a friend who was a model and the men she finds attractive I think look like chubby potato heads! It's frequently been the case that one of my female friends has gone "phwoarr" about someone and the rest of us look at her as though she's mad.

Reply privately

over a year ago

or perhaps to answer you another way....

Burnished dark tress, a wicked turn of lip, a heaving of cleavage and rising of hip. Waterfall laughter, a mouth quick to smile, a woman I danced with, if but for a while, a raised eyebrow hopeful, with eyes all a'shine, she whispers "come closer, tonight you are mine"

or maybe not lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

Imagine you are dating someone super hot . They are a complete arse to you . Ugly inside . But they are hot and look good on your arm .

Then one day they fall and smash their face .

Not so hot now . And still as ugly inside .

It's what's inside that counts

( I'm still fussy but personality outshines )

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 19/08/14 07:59:14]

Reply privately

over a year ago

"This maybe a bit touchy. But why do you good looking women 'settle' for ugly men? Seriously though. These men are normally way out of your league. What attracts you to them?

Is this the case with you as you don't have any of your hubby on your profile, don't worry what others think be brave and show him off."

Haha

I love a man who makes me giggle.

Reply privately

By *abe1200Couple
over a year ago

belfast

what is ugly to u mite be good for someone like they say beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm considering my self ugly on this website !

anyway . That's what's always happen. Some women who can't stand competition against other women and to keep good looking men to them selfies always goes to ugly one. Suppose same with guys. "

You're not ugly

Reply privately

over a year ago

I had a long relationship with a guy and I remember a friend saying to me, he was no looker! He is a really intelligent and interesting man. That always attracts me and there was just something about him that I fell for.

Don't you think as well, that sometimes, the more you know someone and they become your friend. You see beyond the outside which is superficial anyway and fall for what is on the inside. Maybe that is an age and life experience thing.

Reply privately

over a year ago

So this is a narrow minded male part of a couple asking why "drop dead gorgeous women" go for obese ugly men, as hes too afraid to have a single pic on their profile. Just listen to what youve asked. Most women follow their hearts and arent so fickle as to wanting a trophy husband or bf. Theyd rather be treated as the princesses they are.

Reply privately

By *qua vitaeWoman
over a year ago

Shropshire/South Yorkshire

Thanks "

Ummm...yes you are wrong in my opinion. Unlike some/most men, women are not wholly attracted by looks alone. Men have to be able to understand women to make them feel good, valued and cherished. That's what attracts most women to the so-called 'ugly' men.

If there were 2 men: 1 with a fantastic body, drives a good car, pays for everything, lots of stamina in bed, but does so 'mechanically' without any feeling; the other, considered 'average' or 'ugly', is more concerned what's going on in my head, makes me laugh and makes love with feeling...I would prefer the latter anytime.

Thinking that the only reason that 'attractive' women are only attracted to 'ugly' men for their money, sums it all up really.

Reply privately

By *oody39Man
over a year ago

tunbridge wells

I'm ugly, and can't even get a mail from a stunner let alone shag one. But when I see some of the guys on here I am not surprised, some real Adonis on here.

Reply privately

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Yes I suspect most looked better when they met, though women typically are less visually orientated than men, so more likely to won over by personality anyway. Some women like the ' Daddy' thing too, be it money or emotional security.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It is an interesting question as generally a person looks are what initially attracts us to them, we don't say phoar get a load of his personality!

There was interview on the radio with the DJ, Example recently who was more than happy to agree with comments that he was 'punching above his weight' when it's comes to his now wife a former Miss Australia.

The fact that he was happy to have a laugh about it shows what else she was attracted too.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The same reason nice men put up with self obsessed women

Reply privately

over a year ago

What's ugly? Everyone judges things differently.

Paul is 15 years older than me... Does that make him ugly?? To some yeah, but No I like older men.

I'm a big girl.. Does that make me ugly? Again to some yeah, but he loves my big bum and boobs.

Thankfully in this world people love different things and for me Paul is the whole package he turns me on more than any man I've been with.

In turn he's always telling me how stunning I am, how I'm the prettiest girl etc.

Others would disagree but luckily we don't give a damn

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

SO many assumptions and generalisations about women. Leagues? Taking one for the team? Attracted to money and lifestyle?

Why can't we accept that a woman is a being with independent thought who will.he attracted to a man for a mix of reasons, some she isn't consciously aware of and if the attraction is mutual then the partnership on that level at least is equal.

When it comes to that awful term "leagues" why would anyone classifuly people as if they were animals in a best of breed show? The only time a man or woman is out of someone's league is if they're abusive or violent in my opinion.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The same reason nice men put up with self obsessed women "

Reply privately

By *aveandkate35Couple
over a year ago

telford

"SO many assumptions and generalisations about women. Leagues? Taking one for the team? Attracted to money and lifestyle?

Why can't we accept that a woman is a being with independent thought who will.he attracted to a man for a mix of reasons, some she isn't consciously aware of and if the attraction is mutual then the partnership on that level at least is equal.

When it comes to that awful term "leagues" why would anyone classifuly people as if they were animals in a best of breed show? The only time a man or woman is out of someone's league is if they're abusive or violent in my opinion."

well said.

To the op it's not a touchy subject, but it will wind people up because it's just such a ridiculous thing to say... Most people get it once they are past 14...

D

Reply privately

over a year ago

Very interesting opinions. How does this fit in with ......

Him - "Hello, (long well written introduction follows)"

Her- "Face pic!"

Him - "Here it is "

Her - delete and block

Reply privately

over a year ago

"All down to individual tastes. Loads of women prefer older men wether they are fat, skinny, tall or small.

You can't help who your attracted to, some people will look at you and think fecking hell she could do better just as people will look at me and think why is she with him? "

your right its down to individual i love older men only thing for me is as long as they can still perform theres nothing like the feeling of older guys pleasing me fat or thin i think they try harder xx

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Very interesting opinions. How does this fit in with ......

Her- "Face pic!"

Him - "Here it is "

Her - delete and block

"

Because women don't have to find every man attractive. It's quite simple women like what they like there are many reasons for this and it isn't always about the way a man's eyes, nose and mouth are arranged on his face but sometimes it is.

Reply privately

By *it of fun cplCouple
over a year ago

village between York and Hull

I am a millionaire, have 12" dick, a tongue like a lizard and..... No seriously I do understand where the OP is coming from. I am very fortunate to have an extremely attractive younger wife. We met through work and just hit it off, there was just a chemistry and I don't mean sexual, we just got on so well. She thinks I am attractive, plenty of others don't, including my self but I have always had a good sense of humour and personality. When I was a young lad and me and my mates used to go out drinking none of my mates would try talking to the good looking girls as they either lacked confidence or were too shy. But I always went up to them and chatted and soon found that it was a common think that guys would not talk to them until they had a few drinks and got up a bit of Dutch courage but then the girls just felt they were being hit on by d*unken idiots. Confidence is a wonderfully thing, some people can not handle rejection so dare not ask, with me that was never the case, if someone says sod off then fine, onwards and upwards! It takes all kinds to make up this crazy world we live in.

Reply privately

By *qua vitaeWoman
over a year ago

Her- "Face pic!"

Him - "Here it is "

Her - delete and block

"

Probably because she took note what was in the background and not in the foreground.

Reply privately

By *arehamMan
over a year ago

handforth

It's only one of two things money or a big dick end of.

Reply privately

over a year ago

For me when it comes to swinging i go for looks first, when its pure lust and sex looks matter, if i was looking for a life partner, someone i was going to share my life with, converse with on a daily basis and trust into my children's life also then their personality would come first, hopefully they would be good looking too but i would sacrifice looks for a man i felt would be the right person for me

Reply privately

over a year ago

you could always start the ball rolling by telling us why you settled for your man

Reply privately

over a year ago

Her- "Face pic!"

Him - "Here it is "

Her - delete and block

Probably because she took note what was in the background and not in the foreground. "

Do you think I would have more luck if I was surrounded by money and little puppies?

Reply privately

By *andy_tomMan
over a year ago

wolverhampton

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

Reply privately

over a year ago

Is that why some guys think BBW stands for Beautiful Blind Woman?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Beauty isnt just about looks. Its about personality and how they treat a woman too. Just because they dont take your fancy doesnt mean theyre automatically ugly

Reply privately

over a year ago

For me it's because maybe they are ultimately attracted to the whole person and that person ticks the boxes that matter most to them

Reply privately

over a year ago

Her- "Face pic!"

Him - "Here it is "

Her - delete and block

"

Personally someone I want for a fuck is totally different to someone I want for a relationship. I'll take time to get to know a person before I have a relationship.

However on the same point that if a man sent me a pic here and he didn't instantly float my boat I wouldn't pursue but if I met him in a swingers club and he started talking to me showed his sense of human etc then i would probably fuck him.

A big dick certainly wouldn't do it for me and I can't say money would either if he ain't got a personality he doesn't stand a chance.

Reply privately

over a year ago

*humour not human lol I really should proof read

Reply privately

over a year ago

I have met some really good looking men who after talking to them ive felt like drowning myself in my pint, i have also met some guys who have not taken my fancy physically but after getting to know them they have shown their inner beauty which strangely changes my concept of their outer beauty, you start to notice that glint on their eye, how nice they look when they smile etc sometimes it can take a while to really see someone's attraction

Reply privately

By *ones_BoothCouple
over a year ago

Solihull

we think thats an ugly question and out look

Reply privately

over a year ago

Her- "Face pic!"

Him - "Here it is "

Her - delete and block

Personally someone I want for a fuck is totally different to someone I want for a relationship. I'll take time to get to know a person before I have a relationship.

However on the same point that if a man sent me a pic here and he didn't instantly float my boat I wouldn't pursue but if I met him in a swingers club and he started talking to me showed his sense of human etc then i would probably fuck him.

A big dick certainly wouldn't do it for me and I can't say money would either if he ain't got a personality he doesn't stand a chance. "

I guess the other side if the story is the 20 something guy who turns down a plump 40 year old lady because she does not look like Kelly Brook.

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Her- "Face pic!"

Him - "Here it is "

Her - delete and block

Probably because she took note what was in the background and not in the foreground.

Do you think I would have more luck if I was surrounded by money and little puppies? "

absolutely and kittens squeezing themselves into improbably small boxes.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I was always told beauty is skin deep. A beuatifu personality will always win hands down for me not looks

Reply privately

over a year ago

Not all beautiful women look in the mirror and think my god I'm beautiful I must find myself a worthy man. Some of us see plain old face they have been looking at for years and don't think there is anything special going on

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I was always told beauty is skin deep. A beuatifu personality will always win hands down for me not looks"

Me too for a long term relationship but if I'm just going to have sex with them although I need to like a person superficially I'd be lying if I said I didn't need to find them attractive physically. It just seems that some people have very narrow view of what physical attraction should be.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Beauty is in the eye

Reply privately

By *eliciouslyNastyMan
over a year ago

London

We all love beauty, we put it on a pedestal, we hoist those who shine a bit brighter up onto the stage, but there are fundamental things that people want...

Security - more of then than not older men can provide.

Calmness - the realm of the more experienced.

Assertiveness - again experience.

Confidence

Openness

Compromise

And they do say that the longest and most successful relationships are those where the woman is the looker...

And yes GOSH and all that usual stuff, but I think we need to look past what the ego states, to what the unconscious desires...

Reply privately

over a year ago

You should look for some research thing that was done. When it comes to just looks (what everyone perceives), women are more likely to get with a much less attractive guy. I don't know who carried it out or anything but my friend reads all sorts and guys wouldn't go for a far less attractive woman

Reply privately

By *eliciouslyNastyMan
over a year ago

London

I also don't believe beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

90% of people will find an Aston Martin attractive, over a Ford.

A Rembrandt over a art store print.

The Chrysler building over a tower block.

The part that's in the eye of the beholder is charisma... Most people love Steve McQueens in mistakable cool, other find it cocky and arrogant.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I read these 'looks vs personality' arguments a lot, but the way I see it, real, hopefully lifelong attraction isn't that black and white, true attractiveness is the WHOLE package that a person brings.

Would I like to be with someone whom I find sexually attractive and turns me on? Absolutely, but that's not all there is to a successful relationship, we want people who we can trust and understand us, who we can talk to about our problems and feel better for it, we want people with both mental and emotional intelligence whose presence in our lives means that there's going to be less of those problems, and they're quickly solved even when they do arise. We want to love them and feel loved by them, and know that love would lead us to never stray from one another, and know that we'd never stray as we could never want nor need more than we give each other.

I think if you can feel all those things with a person, then you see them as a whole, not just their looks, and all that matters is that they make you feel happy.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Her- "Face pic!"

Him - "Here it is "

Her - delete and block

"

She didn't like his personality.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think a lot of it has to do with what individual people find attractive.

I (F) have always found hubby to be gorgeous looking and I hope he feels the same about me lol

But we all have 'types' and whats attractive to 1 person may well be un attractive to another !

Reply privately

over a year ago

Her- "Face pic!"

Him - "Here it is "

Her - delete and block

She didn't like his personality. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I read these 'looks vs personality' arguments a lot, but the way I see it, real, hopefully lifelong attraction isn't that black and white, true attractiveness is the WHOLE package that a person brings.

Would I like to be with someone whom I find sexually attractive and turns me on? Absolutely, but that's not all there is to a successful relationship, we want people who we can trust and understand us, who we can talk to about our problems and feel better for it, we want people with both mental and emotional intelligence whose presence in our lives means that there's going to be less of those problems, and they're quickly solved even when they do arise. We want to love them and feel loved by them, and know that love would lead us to never stray from one another, and know that we'd never stray as we could never want nor need more than we give each other.

I think if you can feel all those things with a person, then you see them as a whole, not just their looks, and all that matters is that they make you feel happy.

"

Awww thats lovely

Reply privately

By *andy_tomMan
over a year ago

wolverhampton

Shag in the dark . Problum solved.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Money, stability, security.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Give it 20 yrs and it could be you that you're talking about

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think the OP had made the classic mistake of equating looks with intelligence. He's basically saying "hey you're a clever woman so why did you end up making this dumb choice?" and jumping to the conclusion that beautiful women are clever. Once you realise brains and beauty are two different things it becomes clearer that anyone and everyone can make bad choices... regardless of their looks.

I am not arguing that these women have made bad choices in being with these men... rather that the OP appears dumbfound by the idea that, in his eyes, they have

Reply privately

over a year ago

If we have gsoh can make u laugh an with peronality theres no ugly guys or ugly women

Reply privately

By *rnortholtMan
over a year ago

MIDDLESEX/SUFFOLK

"Imagine you are dating someone super hot . They are a complete arse to you . Ugly inside . But they are hot and look good on your arm .

( I'm still fussy but personality outshines )"

Reply privately

over a year ago

Most of the couples that I've declined to play with was due to the hubby's poor looks. It is rarely the women that are unattractive, just the men.

I think this is the situation at clubs mostly where you're not looking to get to know ppl and he decision on whether or not to play is much more based on looks than anything else.

As to the reason why... More difficult to guess, but I think women just tend to look after themselves a bit more and make more effort with their appearance.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's simple...Some women (like some men) are shallow.

The expression "What first attracted you to Billionaire/Millionaire Ugly Old Twat"?

Seems to sum it up to me...

Reply privately

over a year ago

Nothing more attractive to a woman than a man that needs rescuing

Reply privately

over a year ago

My last bf was a mega hottie, treated me like sh*t for three years. I'd sooner have mr 'man next door' and be treated well."

I had the exact same thing i had a 6.4' tanned and muscly very fit but like you also treated me like scum i gave everything and got violence from him so i would rather go with someone less attractive who treats me the way women should be treated as i think they have a much nicer personality x

Reply privately

over a year ago

My last bf was a mega hottie, treated me like sh*t for three years. I'd sooner have mr 'man next door' and be treated well.

I had the exact same thing i had a 6.4' tanned and muscly very fit but like you also treated me like scum i gave everything and got violence from him so i would rather go with someone less attractive who treats me the way women should be treated as i think they have a much nicer personality x "

There is such a thing as a good looking bloke who also treats his woman right Just wanted to let you know... this does actually exist

Reply privately

over a year ago

Wow what a shallow point of view. Especially coming from a guy who has no pics at all of him on the profile.

Look at it like this looks will fade over time no matter who you are but your personality stays with you for life with the exception of certain illnesses.

When your old wrinkly and over weight. Looks will mean shit and if that's all you judge your partner by your in for a lonely life.

I find my wife sexy beautiful funny and she's my rock. When we are sitting round the house in our pjs talking playing silly games and having a great time I'm thankful.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Women can get boob jobs,face lifts,slap on the make up and fake nails and make themselves look more attractive. Men don't tend to do that

Reply privately

By *oody39Man
over a year ago

tunbridge wells

OK any good looking ladies wanting an average looking guy but treats you like a princess? Here I am

Reply privately

By *eliciouslyNastyMan
over a year ago

London

Not necessarily...

Your looks just change, you can still be a good looking 60 year old if you live right when your younger .

And your personality should be constantly changing... Who wants to be around someone who has stopped growing?

I think asking the question is a jealously thing, it's like saying how did he get that and not me?!

The answer is usually hard work!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Personality is often the key...and beauty is in the eye of The beholder...and what seems good looking to one person, may not be someone else's choice

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I read these 'looks vs personality' arguments a lot, but the way I see it, real, hopefully lifelong attraction isn't that black and white, true attractiveness is the WHOLE package that a person brings.

"

That is lovely and I'm very lucky as I have that

Reply privately

over a year ago

"We see from the heart?

And yes she is out my league!

But then again maybe not"

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm not the best looking medical problem but its all about your heart and your feelings

Reply privately

over a year ago

Who says who's ugly and who's not ?

(Hate the "ugly"word btw )

Reply privately

over a year ago

Its fun how she said men first, how about the other way around then, plus no pic of the "man" on the profile, sussed lol.

Reply privately

By *qua vitaeWoman
over a year ago

Her- "Face pic!"

Him - "Here it is "

Her - delete and block

Do you think I would have more luck if I was surrounded by money and little puppies? "

Ah...the puppies would do it everytime.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Seems like your confusing real life relationship to just sex In my opinion most of the typical "good looking" people are more up themselves than any thing else an to me being self centred is the ugliest thing ever. The flip is to this question is why do "good looking women" stay with attractive guys when they treat them.like shit?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Imagine you are dating someone super hot . They are a complete arse to you . Ugly inside . But they are hot and look good on your arm .

( I'm still fussy but personality outshines )"

Yep many a couple we've seen in a club thought wow let's go talk to them, then found them to be arrogant or mean or just plain unattractive inside x

Reply privately

By *parkybunnyCouple
over a year ago

Zurich. NOT London.

I'm nolonger the size 8 gym bunny I was when I met Mr 11 years ago. By the same token, he's not the skinny guy I met.. That doesn't change the way we feel about each other, infact he prefers me with the curves, or so he says... Do I still look at him and think PHWOOAR! Damn right I do!

There has to be an attraction, but damned if I can put my finger on exactly what that is. No rules in sexual chemistry. X

Reply privately

over a year ago

With a face like mine, I am 100% reliant on ladies being able to look beyond it

(Not that there actually is much to find beyond it, but fingers crossed...! )

Reply privately

over a year ago

Women and men end up together for lots of reasons. I 'settled' for my ex (and people looking at us would think 'why is she with him?) because I thought he was 'safe' due to the circumstances I was in at the time....after 10 of soul-destroying boredom I ended the marriage.

But I agree with all those that have posted that sexual chemistry isn't necessarily about looks. The biggest turn-on for me is that old chestnut, GSOH.

Reply privately

By *arehamMan
over a year ago

handforth

On the other hand no matter how ugly the woman is there is always someone that will jump there bones.

Reply privately

By *hoenixcouplexxCouple
over a year ago

Leicestershire

We think there of course has to be some physical attraction. But attraction is not only about looks.

Sex appeal is a whole host of other things. It's confidence without arrogance, it's how two people's personalities click and fit together. Sometimes someone may not be who you would consider the most attractive in the world but they can captivate you from the otherside of the room with a look. Then when you talk you get drawn in even further.

Beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder and sometimes for the shallow of course money may have an influence

Reply privately

By *eliciouslyNastyMan
over a year ago

London

Arrogance gets a bad rap!!

I quite like a few smatterings of arrogance here and there...

Reply privately

By *hris n AnnaCouple
over a year ago

edinburghish

"Physical attraction is individual. What I find attractive, some may wrinkle their nose at, just as I will cringe at what somebody else finds attractive and I'm sure it's the same for you - It doesn't make anyone "ugly" or mean that that person has "settled", it just means they're not YOUR type.

Catch my drift?

- Amy. x"

Reply privately

over a year ago

Notice how the op don't reply lol.

Reply privately

By *ark NoirMan
over a year ago

London

Nail hit on head.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Women can get boob jobs,face lifts,slap on the make up and fake nails and make themselves look more attractive. Men don't tend to do that "

Those of us that do suddenly get lots of messages though

Reply privately

over a year ago

Doesn't matter how unfortunate looking some guys are, they still manage to get some.

Or how creepy they are .

Reply privately

over a year ago

Personality is the most attractive for me. A girl who makes me laugh and is kind hearted will win over a vain stuck-up glamour model type.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"i.e: I don't understand all the hype about Tom Hardy, Jason Statham or Channing Tatum... To ME, I could say they are "ugly" because they're not my type."

Gerard butler though! Phwoaaarrr! Hes definitely my type! Love him to knock on my door! Front or back!

(Her)

Reply privately

By *eliciouslyNastyMan
over a year ago

London

Their usually not stuck up and vain for long, it's just a defence mechanism and a test.... People in general want to be good.

Reply privately

over a year ago

As this posts proves, 'ugly' is far from just a physical trait

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Doesn't matter how unfortunate looking some guys are, they still manage to get some.

Or how creepy they are ."

Reply privately

By *adybee77Woman
over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

When me and the other half were out, he actually got asked why the hell I was with someone like him (I think hes good looking - nearly 6ft, built like a brick shithouse, shaved head, very naughty twinkle to the eye - he;s not on here as its not for him, but happy for me to be)

They were left a bit speechless when I told them he'd obviously gone for giving me a pity shag that had become habit...

Beauty isn't just about looks. I couldn't be with a male model if he had the personality of a gatepost, but nor do I "Take one for the team"

Reply privately

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

A perceived ugly personality is going to be very lucky to get people who are significantly better than they are. Many of us have met the 'wrong' ones and are happy to love someone who cherishes us and loves us for who we are. There arent many who can be so incredible as a person that they completely satisfy us and make us happy, so it would be foolish, perhaps, to not immerse ourselves in our relationships with them. So what if others think someone theyre competing against isnt as good as they are - they wouldnt be able to tell what it is that we need.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Awww thats lovely "

Thankyou, I take relationships very seriously x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Women can get boob jobs,face lifts,slap on the make up and fake nails and make themselves look more attractive. Men don't tend to do that

Those of us that do suddenly get lots of messages though "

lol from certain men

Reply privately

By *andixxxMan
over a year ago

Gloucester

Who are you to judge,that the men we choose are ugly??? Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder!!

Reply privately

By *radleyandRavenCouple
over a year ago

Herts

"Gerard butler though! Phwoaaarrr! Hes definitely my type! Love him to knock on my door! Front or back!

(Her) "

Oh, I could definitely take Gerard Butler. Especially when he puts on an Irish accent.

He comes across as the type who would slam you against the wall, take you and have you cumming again and again and again and again!!!

- Amy. x

Reply privately

over a year ago

Thanks "

Can see by your personality and views why you are struggling mr handsome

Reply privately

By *rneilMan
over a year ago

rochester and pembrokshire

"for me attraction is personal and i wouldnt necessarily call any1 ugly unless their personality suggested they were!"
. Like the OP for instanse

Reply privately

over a year ago

Give it 20 yrs and it could be you that you're talking about "

Who says he will have a good looking woman by then?

Reply privately

By *rneilMan
over a year ago

Thanks "

I honestly find your comments ugly which in turn tell me you are an ugly person on the inside anyway and I think you think your wife is only with you because of your money and your resenting her for it

Reply privately

By *rneilMan
over a year ago

Thanks "

I honestly find your comments ugly which in turn tell me you are an ugly person on the inside anyway and I think you think your wife is only with you because of your money and your resenting her for it

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Gerard butler though! Phwoaaarrr! Hes definitely my type! Love him to knock on my door! Front or back!

(Her)

Oh, I could definitely take Gerard Butler. Especially when he puts on an Irish accent.

He comes across as the type who would slam you against the wall, take you and have you cumming again and again and again and again!!!

- Amy. x"

Absolutely when he puts on the irish accent!

Oh he could slam me against the wall anyday! Id let him have his wicked way anytime

Reply privately

over a year ago

Sometimes its down to sex appeal, a variety of men attract me, from Daniel Craig to Philip Glenister, to Ray Whinston, all different looking, but all have amazing sex appeal, in my opinion of course

Reply privately

By *am123Man
over a year ago

essex chelmsford

id say it was the other way round on here

Reply privately

over a year ago

mr

A smart car !!! Bald heads

never worked that one out

Lots of money ye can work out that one lol

In fairness though many couples start to let themselves go and stop trying to look there best , put on the pounds etc :::---

Reply privately

over a year ago

Who are you to say theyre ugly or not. Just because u find someone ugly doesnt mean someone else will

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Eh I don't mean to offend. Just purely offering my opinion. Happy to be roves wrong. "

nobody has to prove anything to validate your opinion. strange how your profile is all female pics

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don't think it's anything to do with money.

Sometimes it's down to a power thing.

Almost a bit like sub/dom.

Girls like being treated like a princess and feeling safe.

Some guys do to

Reply privately

By *extoysareusCouple
over a year ago

kinky heaven

[Removed by poster at 20/08/14 06:38:09]

Reply privately

over a year ago

"On the other hand no matter how ugly the woman is there is always someone that will jump there bones."

Not always the case for some women!!

Reply privately

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"

Reply privately

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"We think there of course has to be some physical attraction. But attraction is not only about looks.

Sex appeal is a whole host of other things. It's confidence without arrogance, it's how two people's personalities click and fit together. Sometimes someone may not be who you would consider the most attractive in the world but they can captivate you from the otherside of the room with a look. Then when you talk you get drawn in even further.

Beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder and sometimes for the shallow of course money may have an influence"

Well said. And even a face that you know is not classically 'good looking' can actually become super attractive to you because of who it belongs to and how you feel about them, I've known that more than once.

Reply privately

over a year ago

lolol Has to be best post of the year well it made me smile. Don't you know looks fade with age and a good heart and lovely person will be there 24/7 and who wish to have a good looking not very nice man in there life not me . Both are lovely but looks are a small part of a person to me I have to like the inside first.

Reply privately

over a year ago

This is true the other way round... I see loads of ugly women with lots of verifications from good looking men! The lack of women here puts ugly women in very high.

Reply privately

over a year ago

And what one person may see as ugly some may see as lovely and different its a good thing we don't see others the same and all have our own likes better than being a stepford wife , lol

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Thanks "

I would suggest that it gets you a lor further than looks... as looks fade over time.....

okay... devils advocate...

I assume you think your wife is beautiful....

lets say she was in some sort of "disfiguring accident"....

would you suddenly think "oh god she isn't good looking anymore" and leave?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"This is true the other way round... I see loads of ugly women with lots of verifications from good looking men! The lack of women here puts ugly women in very high."

Good job the fuglys don't mind who they Shag then, the poor men wouldn't get any

Reply privately

over a year ago

"And what one person may see as ugly some may see as lovely and different its a good thing we don't see others the same and all have our own likes better than being a stepford wife , lol"

Reply privately

over a year ago

"This is true the other way round... I see loads of ugly women with lots of verifications from good looking men! The lack of women here puts ugly women in very high."

I had noticed a few, not married ones though.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"And what one person may see as ugly some may see as lovely and different its a good thing we don't see others the same and all have our own likes better than being a stepford wife , lol"

Welcome back.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder for me it's down to two individuals liking know and falling for each other simple as that for me

Reply privately

over a year ago

"We see from the heart?

And yes she is out my league

But then again maybe not"

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 25/08/14 01:53:27]

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think its the other way around

Reply privately

over a year ago

Looks are subjective.

And when the hot man with no personality gets old and loses his looks, you're then just left with someone with no personality.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Listen yeah...

Reply privately

over a year ago

Thanks "

It just sounds like jealousy to me. You may see the man as ugly or overweight or old. However does the female who is with them see them as ugly or overweight or old? I doubt it. Maybe these women with ugly, old overweight men look for more in a man than just looks? Maybe these ugly, old overweight men actually make their women feel loved or a bit special?

Maybe next time you see a sexy/attractive woman with an ugly, old overweight man you should have the balls to ask her what she sees in him.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I've been with my fella since June and known him for 8 years, I have had men comment saying that he's ugly and why am I with him? Coz I love him and he's gorgeous

Reply privately

over a year ago

Thanks

Yes I agree with you, either their money or because the women have low self esteem."

Lol really? A woman would only be with an ugly man because he has a lot of money or the woman in question has low self esteem? It could never be because the "ugly" guy makes them feel special, they make them laugh, they make them feel loved, they are good in bed, they are a warm loving person, they are fun to be around, etc?

As as he been said what one man or woman thinks is ugly another man or woman may not.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Her- "Face pic!"

Him - "Here it is "

Her - delete and block

"

Yes and maybe the next person he emails his picture thinks oh yeah I like the look of you.

If one woman deletes and blocks after seeing a pic it does not mean all women are going to do so. We are all individuals and we are all attracted to different people. Sometimes I will see a female model in a magazine and think "ok you are beautiful but I don't find you sexy and I am not be attracted to you.". Sometimes I will see a plain Jane (for want of a better term) and think "Wow. You are sexy as hell and so attractive to me".

Reply privately

By *erendipity99Woman
over a year ago

Runcorn

Thanks "

Where are your profile pictures handsome? Did an attractive woman turn you down? Was your ego bruised? Did you think "You are shagging that ugly guy and you turn me down?". Your whole post sounds like sour grapes.

My current boyfriend is no male model. I am with him because he makes me laugh, he is a fun person to be around, he is a very warm person, he genuinely cares about me, he is a fantastic thoughtful lover and he is a great cook. When I first started seeing him some of my friends questioned what I saw in him. Once they got to know him they know what I see in him.

Reply privately