Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

My health

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I am getting loads of mail enquiring after my health. "How's you, how are you today" etc. all very touching but not intriguing me to meet. Do others have this same enquiring after their health in mail?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

Ohh, I get loads of people enquiring about mine.

Generally I find if I'm honest, they tend to block me, so I kind of figured they weren't really interested in my verrucas and warts!

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

It's a typo.

They meant to type 'who are you?'

A

By *issy louWoman
over a year ago

Staffordshire Moorlands

"I am getting loads of mail enquiring after my health. "How's you, how are you today" etc. all very touching but not intriguing me to meet. Do others have this same enquiring after their health in mail?"

Allllllll the time! Hence my profile opening text

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Im probably tooo rude and usual open wiv sumit like

'Fancy a hook up sumtime, let me kno'

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

we do too but it's as good an opening line as any. If we like the look of the person sending the "how are you message" we will reply.

over a year ago

We normally get an enquiry as to how our weekend was or is indeed going?

Or today if we do it for pay which was nice.

And people moan that there are no manners anymore.

over a year ago

So what should people say when they mail?

Do you ever send the first mail? If so, what do you say?

over a year ago

Isn't this normally how people start a conversation when they meet some one in the real world, it's a social convention. Nearly All the excepted greetings are contracted versions of the question how are you doing.

Hi

Howdy

G'day

Yo wat up

How do you not know this.

By *ordonBennettMan
over a year ago

dover

"Isn't this normally how people start a conversation when they meet some one in the real world, it's a social convention. Nearly All the excepted greetings are contracted versions of the question how are you doing.

Hi

Howdy

G'day

Yo wat up

"

I agree.

I think the OP is being just a little bit precious about what is a standard opening greeting and social convention

By *ola.Woman
over a year ago

Just where I need to be.

This morning I have had quite a few messages with "How are you today" . Prior to reading this never really thought much of it, now I can't read them without thinking oh thats nice they are asking about my health. Think it's time to stop reading threads.

By *bony in IvoryCouple
over a year ago

Black&White Utopia

Got to be better than ' up for a shag'

By *bony in IvoryCouple
over a year ago

Black&White Utopia

"Isn't this normally how people start a conversation when they meet some one in the real world, it's a social convention. Nearly All the excepted greetings are contracted versions of the question how are you doing.

Hi

Howdy

G'day

Yo wat up

"

By *bony in IvoryCouple
over a year ago

Black&White Utopia

"I am getting loads of mail enquiring after my health. "How's you, how are you today" etc. all very touching but not intriguing me to meet. Do others have this same enquiring after their health in mail?"
is how you see things... Going by the many single men on here ... You are getting mail! Go you!!!

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

[Removed by poster at 13/08/14 14:06:30]

over a year ago

Hi

Howdy

G'day

Yo wat up

"

over a year ago

I agree that it is a conversation opener, no problem with that. When "how are you, what's up" etc is the whole of the message with no further conversation then a void opens up. Where there is no eye contact to follow up the opener then perhaps a few more words?

By *ordonBennettMan
over a year ago

dover

"I agree that it is a conversation opener, no problem with that. When "how are you, what's up" etc is the whole of the message with no further conversation then a void opens up. Where there is no eye contact to follow up the opener then perhaps a few more words?"

Well yes of course if there is no further conversation after the reply to "how are you?" or one of its variants, then that is pretty sad, but I still don't think the question should be knocked as a standard opening conversational gambit, bland though it may be.

over a year ago

Not me but I get countless of emails asking me, how I get my 6pack and what exercise you do.. I am flattered .

Post new Message to Thread