Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Time wasters

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

What is it about some people that have a complete lack of respect for others' time and effort?

Just spent a bloody hour showering, shaving all the important bits, moisturising, make up, choosing the right clothes etc. etc. Only to be texted ten minutes after meet time that something's come up!

Grrrrr....

Just feel like chucking it all in.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *eKoopleCouple
over a year ago

Germany / Manchester

Complete lack of respect agreed, but don't give up because of other people's shenanigans.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I have experienced a big time waster in the last 2 days.

Mega enthusiastic texting, adding me as a friend, arranging to meet me tomorrow at 2pm, which meant I had to change my work schedule and now...

Total silence!

I feel like spreading their name all over the forum but I wont.

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"What is it about some people that have a complete lack of respect for others' time and effort?

Just spent a bloody hour showering, shaving all the important bits, moisturising, make up, choosing the right clothes etc. etc. Only to be texted ten minutes after meet time that something's come up!

Grrrrr....

"

Get yourself on meet tonight. At least you're already dressed up.

Unfortunately some people are just on here for their own jollies, and they don't care how their behaviour affects others.

I was just thinking about one of my no-shows. He even lied and said he'd been there. If he was he must have been the feckin' invisible man.

over a year ago

"I have experienced a big time waster in the last 2 days.

Mega enthusiastic texting, adding me as a friend, arranging to meet me tomorrow at 2pm, which meant I had to change my work schedule and now...

Total silence!

I feel like spreading their name all over the forum but I wont."

There appears to be a lot of them out there. Maybe they just get off on being a total @#$@@

over a year ago

That's why we advocate a party or club meet. It's not to everybody's tastes but if you get a no show you can hopefully meet people at the event and if you go as a couple you are guaranteed to have fun with each other in sexy surroundings so it's win win.

over a year ago

Total silence!

We have had similar over and over. Does make you wonder if theres any point at times.

over a year ago

"What is it about some people that have a complete lack of respect for others' time and effort?

Grrrrr....

"

Go out anyway. I would

over a year ago

"That's why we advocate a party or club meet. It's not to everybody's tastes but if you get a no show you can hopefully meet people at the event and if you go as a couple you are guaranteed to have fun with each other in sexy surroundings so it's win win. "

over a year ago

"That's why we advocate a party or club meet. It's not to everybody's tastes but if you get a no show you can hopefully meet people at the event and if you go as a couple you are guaranteed to have fun with each other in sexy surroundings so it's win win. "

That's what we were supposed to be doing! I contemplated going alone but wouldn't feel safe...

X

over a year ago

Not an option for us unfortunately.

over a year ago

Amazing, half a bottle of red and suddenly I don't give a fuck! X

X X

over a year ago

Had exactly the same, we paid for a hotel, lisa arranged a baby sitter, we arrived, got showered, changed and ready and 10 mins before got a text "sorry i cant make it, my kid is ill" ok the child may of been, but if your 10 mins away, then you'd already know a lot earlier or you would of turned up, said listen am really sorry but I cant stay.

bloody pain in the arse lol

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 07/08/14 22:29:40]

over a year ago

Ma bad for last post... Spend time and effert and whats worse ?? U see he has a new verification.. Wankers

By *ohohoWoman
over a year ago

Up North

It's frustrating. But at least you have given yourself a pampering session

over a year ago

Have a back up plan, a regular playmate or a club. Rather than letting someone who's let you down ruin your evening. Try and turn it on its head and find alternative fun.

over a year ago

over a year ago

Have to agree with all of the posts, we have had this a number of times. Can't imagine what these guys get out of it!

over a year ago

That's y I don't bother searching so much for a shag here lol

over a year ago

That's the spirit ShagTonight

over a year ago

YEs it is but I use the forums more instead lol

over a year ago

"That's y I don't bother searching so much for a shag here lol "

haha, mind you don't stand in all the bullshit lol

over a year ago

"That's y I don't bother searching so much for a shag here lol

haha, mind you don't stand in all the bullshit lol "

lol no I don't, I am fine in the sofa

By *adgodCouple
over a year ago

Greensburg

Happens a lot here as well. We are learning to ask more questions and trying to be more selective now. We don't mean it as a gripe. We like the useful tool that the site represents to us, and are grateful for its existence, but it is brow-raising to say the least how many people who seemed to know exactly what they wanted have wasted our time, and in the oddest twist of all, their own.

over a year ago

This place is strange indeed. I love meeting new people and always turn up. If ABC met then great, if not then also great.

ABC = attraction, banter, chemistry

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

Total silence!

Two questions.

How long was it before first contact, them adding you and the agreement to meet?

And you state you've been texting. Did you speak on the phone to check 'she' wasn't a he?

As has been said sooooooo many times before - for those getting let down on a regular basis there's only one constant.

You.

A

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

What if you could report those who cancelled very close to the meet time? And if someone is reported for this more than 3 times they would get a site warning. If they continued a site suspension for a while (week/month).

Beyond that expulsion from the site.

That way genuine cases of emergency are ok but serial dicks (male or female) would be dealt with.

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"What if you could report those who cancelled very close to the meet time? And if someone is reported for this more than 3 times they would get a site warning. If they continued a site suspension for a while (week/month).

That way genuine cases of emergency are ok but serial dicks (male or female) would be dealt with. "

Unworkable. People would just be vindictive or report those that had declined a meet.

The report facility already exists. But why should it be admins responsibility to manage the meets of members and how could they be expected to identify a genuine reason from a BS excuse? Not all meets are arranged via messages on here and admin aren't MI5 (or google!) - they can't access texts, emails or phone calls.

Common sense, a realistic approach to arranging meets (phone calls, webcams etc) and understanding that planning a last minute meet with a total stranger via the internet is likely to be a potential no show - are far more effective tools than anything the site can offer.

It's not the sites fault. People get stood up in the real world too all the time. Generally because they expect a brief interchange of dialogue/photos to guarantee that something will happen.

A

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

"What if you could report those who cancelled very close to the meet time? And if someone is reported for this more than 3 times they would get a site warning. If they continued a site suspension for a while (week/month).

That way genuine cases of emergency are ok but serial dicks (male or female) would be dealt with.

Unworkable. People would just be vindictive or report those that had declined a meet.

The report facility already exists. But why should it be admins responsibility to manage the meets of members and how could they be expected to identify a genuine reason from a BS excuse? Not all meets are arranged via messages on here and admin aren't MI5 (or google!) - they can't access texts, emails or phone calls.

Common sense, a realistic approach to arranging meets (phone calls, webcams etc) and understanding that planning a last minute meet with a total stranger via the internet is likely to be a potential no show - are far more effective tools than anything the site can offer.

It's not the sites fault. People get stood up in the real world too all the time. Generally because they expect a brief interchange of dialogue/photos to guarantee that something will happen.

A"

That's why I said three or more times and only a warning. That way one vindictive report would be irrelevant. Only those repeatedly reported by different people would be kicked off.

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

A

That's why I said three or more times and only a warning. That way one vindictive report would be irrelevant. Only those repeatedly reported by different people would be kicked off. "

It would still be abused. Either by multiple profile owners (yep - they're out there!) or simply by groups who'd see it as a way of removing people from the site. There are those that would relish the chance to get someone kicked off simply because they don't like them, they've pissed off 'friends' or because they've posted something they disagree with.

It's nobody's responsibility to manage a meet than the two, three or four (or more) people involved in that meet.

A

over a year ago

rare I do private meets and now there only people I have met previously at club/party

in 2yrs or so im lucky to say ive only been stood up once outside a cafe.and had a 3hr and 10hr cancellation text to play meets

I had a sore throat once sent voicemail to prove day before meet.he never rescheduled thought I was a timewaster I expect that were 2months ago

I dont agree with reporting and getting people removed as that would be abused as said above

over a year ago

That way genuine cases of emergency are ok but serial dicks (male or female) would be dealt with. "

A great idea!!

over a year ago

I totally agree some lovely people and some total fking tossers

By *heoldhippyMan
over a year ago

Midleton

Guy must be mad Jandi

over a year ago

Not been let down as yet *touch wood* but we do know a few couples and singles here who have been, and it's just not on. Everybody has shit come up in life, it's normal... But you give the other person enough time to put it right! Sometimes it's not possible, you got a flat tyre, somebody died, something actually LEGIT... But it's how you handle it! Some people just show no sign of regret at all... It's silly. C xx

over a year ago

As much as anyone would like a system that's foolproof, it's just not gonna happen.

Anything beyond the report button is open to abuse and misuse.

over a year ago

I refuse to even get dressed til the guy has called me from the place we're meeting. Has saved me a good few times from getting all dolled up for nothing! Takes me 10 mins to get ready and out the door and i always arrange a meet at a place 5 mins away. If he's serious about the meet he'll wait 15 mins.

over a year ago

"Guy must be mad Jandi "

By *arkman69Man
over a year ago

Erdington

I had someone plan to meet me last night. Gave them the address and they said theyd turn up at a certain time. Not only did they not turn up, but they didnt text or message me in any way shape or form!

Twats!

over a year ago

We've had one today no showed after 3 or 4 weeks of constant contact then sudden silence the last few days.

By *airy_HettyWoman
over a year ago

Greater London

Grrrr, I absolutely hate timewasters too. The worst time was when some bloke off fab appeared to be super keen. He suggested meeting me on the wed daytime and a weekend night to show me what a club night was like....

I was then suddenly blown out for no apparent reason Tues evening.

Funnily enough he was veri'd for both occasions.

Classy guy - not...... .

Post new Message to Thread