Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Disabled swinging

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Are there any disabled people involved in swinging?

If they go to clubs do they get treated equally and get their fair share of the action or are they discriminated against as is sadly so often the case in wider society?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Disabily can be hidden. You're a bit one dimensional. Why are you asking.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Are there any disabled people involved in swinging?

If they go to clubs do they get treated equally and get their fair share of the action or are they discriminated against as is sadly so often the case in wider society?"

So if a disabled person goes to a club is there a legally defined "fair share" that they are entitled to covered by the DDA and if they don't get it they can complain? People are more than their disability and by focusing on it like this you do everyone a disservice.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Disabily can be hidden. You're a bit one dimensional. Why are you asking. "

I suspect he works for Sydney university or The Sun on Sunday

over a year ago

Why shouldn't they be treated equally? They are human beings.

Her

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Why shouldn't they be treated equally? They are human beings.

Her"

Exactly and that includes going to a club and sometimes not getting lucky.

over a year ago

Her

Exactly and that includes going to a club and sometimes not getting lucky. "

That's right, we go with no expectation, all about having a good laugh.

Her

over a year ago

"Disabily can be hidden. You're a bit one dimensional. Why are you asking.

I suspect he works for Sydney university or The Sun on Sunday "

Using the green arrow I'm going for sexual naïvety. We all have to start somewhere I suppose.

By *abcouple11Couple
over a year ago

Truro

[Removed by poster at 06/08/14 09:47:28]

By *abcouple11Couple
over a year ago

Truro

"Are there any disabled people involved in swinging?

..."

Absolutely!!!

Come on you!!! Think about it - very open-minded sociable playful individuals mixing for fun!!!!!!! Where else are people with disabilities going to be able to get straight in there and get it on??????!!!!!!!!

The spa near Heathrow airport is particularly amenable - wheelchair accessible throughout, lots of things to do like the pool where mobility restored for most disabled folk, rooms and tables to play on, etc.

You got it - right here - here is a scene where these people are very much in evidence.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I asked the question because while you are all trying to be PC, which I kind of suspected you would, the simple fact is that disabled people face discrimination on a daily basis. Just ask any disabled organisation. So I feel it was valid to ask of they experience it in the swinging world.

over a year ago

Me personally, I won't go near someone disabled

I'd be scared if I'm hurting her or something which won't be fun for me

over a year ago

"Disabily can be hidden. You're a bit one dimensional. Why are you asking.

I suspect he works for Sydney university or The Sun on Sunday "

over a year ago

PC has nothing to do with it. You talk as if disabled people are segregated. Some of live it 24/7

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Me personally, I won't go near someone disabled

I'd be scared if I'm hurting her or something which won't be fun for me "

communication..????

over a year ago

Why do you ask? Disabled persons I no different to anyone else.

over a year ago

"I asked the question because while you are all trying to be PC, which I kind of suspected you would, the simple fact is that disabled people face discrimination on a daily basis. Just ask any disabled organisation. So I feel it was valid to ask of they experience it in the swinging world."

Disabled people are only discriminated against, if they let it be and think everyone owes them something.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 06/08/14 11:08:14]

By *r_and_MrsxxCouple
over a year ago

Cumbria

As a disabled guy (wheelchair user - spinal/spinal cord injury) and 1 half of a swinging couple we've never experienced any discrimination whilst swinging ...

As for clubs , I cannot say as we've never been to one.. It certainly wouldn't bother me at all but Mrsxx says she'd feel uncomfortable at one , preferring the privacy of a bedroom or hotel room.

So on that note I'd never ask or expect her to go along with something she's uncomfortable with..

It certainly doesn't stop us from getting many meet requests , more than we can handle thy with work family etc etc....

I think honesty is the best policy so wheelchair and disabled we mentioned in our profile .

So people know right from the start.

If some folk pass us by because of that , so be it , we won't lose sleep over it .

I'm still the same guy I was before my accident , just use wheels instead of shoes to get around now ..

over a year ago

I suffered a 'stroke' aged 24, & if I tell someone from here before we meet about my situation, they'll probably not bother even responding when I admit to being disabled (I've had that through experience).

By not responding it displays their little knowledge of & exposure to disability.

It only becomes visible after continued / strenuous use (when I get fatigued).

The one I did meet (& 'got lucky' with) wasn't immediately aware (but I don't think she'd have met me had I told her).

I have to / hate to say it changes peoples perception of one. I hate the way 'we're' classed. I'll probably 'do one' when my M/ship expires & live the rest of my life under my stairs hidden away . . . . .

In response to Mr_and_ Mrs_xx: it may be enlightening to see how many responses the Mr receives if people think you're on your own. I don't know, but I'd bet it's a great deal less . . .

over a year ago

I think it's important to remember that the same rules apply for meets and that's mutual attraction.

We would never meet out of sympathy for anyone it's not very healthy or empowering for all concerned.

However in this game when it comes to inclusivity at clubs I have seen plenty of sexy confident people playing no matter what shape size or disability.

over a year ago

"I asked the question because while you are all trying to be PC, which I kind of suspected you would, the simple fact is that disabled people face discrimination on a daily basis. Just ask any disabled organisation. So I feel it was valid to ask of they experience it in the swinging world.

Disabled people are only discriminated against, if they let it be and think everyone owes them something."

Maybe I mis-read here, but are you essentially saying that if someone is discriminated against it's them with the problem and they should just get over it?

By *airy_HettyWoman
over a year ago

Greater London

communication..????"

over a year ago

"I asked the question because while you are all trying to be PC, which I kind of suspected you would, the simple fact is that disabled people face discrimination on a daily basis. Just ask any disabled organisation. So I feel it was valid to ask of they experience it in the swinging world.

Disabled people are only discriminated against, if they let it be and think everyone owes them something.

Maybe I mis-read here, but are you essentially saying that if someone is discriminated against it's them with the problem and they should just get over it?"

No, a lot of people "think" they are being discriminated against and dare I say, play on it. We can all be discriminated against for one reason or another, we mustn't let it be so.

By *eryBigGirlWoman
over a year ago

East Yorkshire

Disabled people are only discriminated against, if they let it be and think everyone owes them something."

Sorry but utter rubbish. Disabled people as I've recently discovered are discriminated against in many many ways however not because I think anyone owes me anything or I let it but because I have no choice in the matter but with people with attitudes like that disabled people don't stand a chance

over a year ago

Maybe I mis-read here, but are you essentially saying that if someone is discriminated against it's them with the problem and they should just get over it?

No, a lot of people "think" they are being discriminated against and dare I say, play on it. We can all be discriminated against for one reason or another, we mustn't let it be so."

I respect your (right to an) opinion, but I wholeheartedly disagree.

over a year ago

Sorry but utter rubbish. Disabled people as I've recently discovered are discriminated against in many many ways however not because I think anyone owes me anything or I let it but because I have no choice in the matter but with people with attitudes like that disabled people don't stand a chance "

"People with attitudes like that, disabled people don't stand a chance. "!!!

Would you care to come and meet my 30 year old severely disabled son ? Then you'll see the chances he's got, because of us and the fact we don't sit and take it.

over a year ago

No, a lot of people "think" they are being discriminated against and dare I say, play on it. We can all be discriminated against for one reason or another, we mustn't let it be so.

I respect your (right to an) opinion, but I wholeheartedly disagree."

Thanks, but I know what I'm talking about

over a year ago

Thanks, but I know what I'm talking about"

That attitude is ridiculous. Every situation, set of circumstances and obstacles/barriers faced will differ from case to case.

It's positive that your family have been able to overcome those, but that hardly makes you the voice of the disabled.....,

By *eryBigGirlWoman
over a year ago

East Yorkshire

Sorry but utter rubbish. Disabled people as I've recently discovered are discriminated against in many many ways however not because I think anyone owes me anything or I let it but because I have no choice in the matter but with people with attitudes like that disabled people don't stand a chance

Would you care to come and meet my 30 year old severely disabled son ? Then you'll see the chances he's got, because of us and the fact we don't sit and take it."

I genuinely applaud you for advocating for your son but please do not think that makes you actually understand how a disabled person is discriminated against despite fighting it!!!

over a year ago

That attitude is ridiculous. Every situation, set of circumstances and obstacles/barriers faced will differ from case to case.

It's positive that your family have been able to overcome those, but that hardly makes you the voice of the disabled.....,"

Glad you think my attitude is ridiculous !!!!!!!!! I've had enough experience to know what I'm saying.

over a year ago

It's positive that your family have been able to overcome those, but that hardly makes you the voice of the disabled.....,"

over a year ago

Would you care to come and meet my 30 year old severely disabled son ? Then you'll see the chances he's got, because of us and the fact we don't sit and take it.

I genuinely applaud you for advocating for your son but please do not think that makes you actually understand how a disabled person is discriminated against despite fighting it!!!"

Oh I think it does

over a year ago

Her"

Fair comment like it don't look at them as anything just a person

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Her

Fair comment like it don't look at them as anything just a person "

Yep and that means that if someone with a disability goes to a club they are just as likely or not to get laid as the next person.

over a year ago

I have an experience/anecdote which I wish to relate. Many years ago I arranged to meet a couple up in Yorkshire while I was up there on business. When I arrived I was greeted by a trully lovely lady. Very attractive, but she was in calipers and had been afflicted by MS or some other horrible illness I suppose. I hadn't known she was disabled but I was welcomed in and the situation explained.

The MS hadn't affected her high sex drive and infact sex made her feel good for just a few fleeting moments in the horrible world that she was slowly sinking in to. She was getting worse and they knew that before long she would be wheel chair bound all the time. She was having a few last flings before that happened. We laughed as she even had a local fireman shagging her. ( I could see why LOL)

Anyway I'd come a long way. The hubby said he would not stay all the time but would just make sure she was fine with me. She was a very strong independent, woman and battling her illness meant she went upstairs to got ready unaided. When she returned she was wearing gorgeous undies and looked lovely. She had taken off the calipers and requested hubs to carry her upstairs ready for her naughty fun.

It's a long time ago and I don't really remember all that well what went on but they were great and I remember learning a few things about my Bi sexuality LOL. Remember fucking her hard from behind with hubs down below and that sort of thing. After a while he left us alone and I spent the night with her. In bed she completely forgot her disability and was my wanton slut for the night. I think she quite enjoyed it.

The next day we woke up. She managed to get down stairs and a cup of hot tea awaited me before I bid my farewells. She was such a lovely caring person who thought of other people inspite of her own difficulties.

I never got the chance to go back as life moved on but it definitely made an impression on me about the strength and determination of this remarkable woman to overcome her disabilities and enjoy life just a few more times before inevitably become completely dependent on her husband.

Hope that's a nice story.

over a year ago

"I have an experience/anecdote which I wish to relate. Many years ago I arranged to meet a couple up in Yorkshire while I was up there on business. When I arrived I was greeted by a trully lovely lady. Very attractive, but she was in calipers and had been afflicted by MS or some other horrible illness I suppose. I hadn't known she was disabled but I was welcomed in and the situation explained.

The MS hadn't affected her high sex drive and infact sex made her feel good for just a few fleeting moments in the horrible world that she was slowly sinking in to. She was getting worse and they knew that before long she would be wheel chair bound all the time. She was having a few last flings before that happened. We laughed as she even had a local fireman shagging her. ( I could see why LOL)

Anyway I'd come a long way. The hubby said he would not stay all the time but would just make sure she was fine with me. She was a very strong independent, woman and battling her illness meant she went upstairs to got ready unaided. When she returned she was wearing gorgeous undies and looked lovely. She had taken off the calipers and requested hubs to carry her upstairs ready for her naughty fun.

It's a long time ago and I don't really remember all that well what went on but they were great and I remember learning a few things about my Bi sexuality LOL. Remember fucking her hard from behind with hubs down below and that sort of thing. After a while he left us alone and I spent the night with her. In bed she completely forgot her disability and was my wanton slut for the night. I think she quite enjoyed it.

The next day we woke up. She managed to get down stairs and a cup of hot tea awaited me before I bid my farewells. She was such a lovely caring person who thought of other people inspite of her own difficulties.

I never got the chance to go back as life moved on but it definitely made an impression on me about the strength and determination of this remarkable woman to overcome her disabilities and enjoy life just a few more times before inevitably become completely dependent on her husband.

Hope that's a nice story."

It is

By *uriousBristolCplCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

I'd be scared if I'm hurting her or something which won't be fun for me "

Bizarre

over a year ago

Bristol

"As a disabled guy (wheelchair user - spinal/spinal cord injury) and 1 half of a swinging couple we've never experienced any discrimination whilst swinging ...

As for clubs , I cannot say as we've never been to one.. It certainly wouldn't bother me at all but Mrsxx says she'd feel uncomfortable at one , preferring the privacy of a bedroom or hotel room.

So on that note I'd never ask or expect her to go along with something she's uncomfortable with..

It certainly doesn't stop us from getting many meet requests , more than we can handle thy with work family etc etc....

I think honesty is the best policy so wheelchair and disabled we mentioned in our profile .

So people know right from the start.

If some folk pass us by because of that , so be it , we won't lose sleep over it .

I'm still the same guy I was before my accident , just use wheels instead of shoes to get around now ..

."

Absolutely bang on

over a year ago

Bristol

Sorry to get straight to the point but that is utter nonsense

over a year ago

Sorry to get straight to the point but that is utter nonsense "

Your opinion, your entitled to it. If you've lived it for the past 30 years, it would be a valid one.

over a year ago

One of my first meets from here was with a guy who'd be classed as disabled. He brought up the fact that he had to walk with a stick pretty early on, maybe second or third message, but was also very sexually confident (and fit as fuck, which helped), not negative or apologetic about himself, and answered all of my stupid questions about it because I was curious.

over a year ago

Bristol

Your opinion, your entitled to it. If you've lived it for the past 30 years, it would be a valid one."

Does it not count if less than 30 or am I allowed a 'Valid' opinion if it's been nearly 20??

over a year ago

Your opinion, your entitled to it. If you've lived it for the past 30 years, it would be a valid one.

Does it not count if less than 30 or am I allowed a 'Valid' opinion if it's been nearly 20??"

Yeah you are. I think most people are missing my point. But if you want to call it nonsense, fine

By *eryBigGirlWoman
over a year ago

East Yorkshire

Your opinion, your entitled to it. If you've lived it for the past 30 years, it would be a valid one."

But you haven't lived with it as your not disabled. You've lived alongside it and assume you know what it's like and sorry but you've no idea!

By *radleyandRavenCouple
over a year ago

Herts

I could be opening a can of worms here but I'm seeing the word "discrimination" thrown around a lot in this thread and I can't help but think, can you really apply that accusation when it comes to people's sexual preferences?

I, for one, am quite glad that political correctness doesn't own my genitals or body and force me to sleep with people I'm not attracted to, regardless of physical/mental state. My stance is the same as one that was mentioned above whereby they will be just as lucky or unlucky in a club. - NOBODY is guaranteed a shag.

If we are attracted to someone, we are attracted to someone. Disability wouldn't come into it but I don't deny that some people out there may write off a potential play-partner for those reasons alone, but that's their choice and what can you do? *Shrugs*.

Can you really accuse people of discrimmination because something/someone doesn't get their juices flowing? It can't exactly be forced...

over a year ago

"I could be opening a can of worms here but I'm seeing the word "discrimination" thrown around a lot in this thread and I can't help but think, can you really apply that accusation when it comes to people's sexual preferences?

I, for one, am quite glad that political correctness doesn't own my genitals or body and force me to sleep with people I'm not attracted to, regardless of physical/mental state. My stance is the same as one that was mentioned above whereby they will be just as lucky or unlucky in a club. - NOBODY is guaranteed a shag.

If we are attracted to someone, we are attracted to someone. Disability wouldn't come into it but I don't deny that some people out there may write off a potential play-partner for those reasons alone, but that's their choice and what can you do? *Shrugs*.

Can you really accuse people of discrimmination because something/someone doesn't get their juices flowing? It can't exactly be forced..."

Very well put

over a year ago

But you haven't lived with it as your not disabled. You've lived alongside it and assume you know what it's like and sorry but you've no idea! "

Don't tell me I've no idea.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 06/08/14 17:05:34]

over a year ago

Bristol

"I could be opening a can of worms here but I'm seeing the word "discrimination" thrown around a lot in this thread and I can't help but think, can you really apply that accusation when it comes to people's sexual preferences?

Can you really accuse people of discrimmination because something/someone doesn't get their juices flowing? It can't exactly be forced..."

Hallelujah

By *riskynriskyCouple
over a year ago

Essex.

Coincidentally there is a peice on disabled swingers in this weeks Choice magazine....

over a year ago

I'm disabled and get on just fine.

By *ieutenantMan
over a year ago

london

This issue of (disability) suppose be healthy and sensible discussion among mature adult.to me Is becoming very personal in my eyes.That is why.the subject of (Race.disability.sexual orientation.obesity. migration) is a very difficult subject to thread.due to political correctness.

By *atsnCorsetsCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

We're both disabled. Female has a very rare bone deformity in her lower arms/wrists that she's had to deal with her whole life and gives her a lot of pain and has medically been classed as losing the use of both of her arms.

Male of the couple walks with a stick due to bone cancer at age 20 and the resultant operation to save his leg. Plus he's no depth perception!

Neither of us are allowed to drive due to our conditions so we're part of the bus pass brigade as people often call us.

We don't feel our disabilities define us at all as people. We might have a few more obstacles in certain things or we might find some things a bit more difficult but we don't let any of that stop us having fun!

We can understand those who say some people "play" on their disability as this does happen and we know examples in our vanilla lives.

I think the issue here is that everyone has had very different experiences with disabilities. The couple with the 30year old son have experienced it through him, the couple with the guy in the wheel chair have experienced it their own way, as have we. There will be as many answers to this question as their are people on here with disabilities. We've all got very different experiences so we should all acknowledge and respect that but what we shouldn't do is try and say that some peoples views and experiences are somehow more valid than others. We definitely don't want Blue Badges at dawn!

By *bony in IvoryCouple
over a year ago

Black&White Utopia

"We're both disabled. Female has a very rare bone deformity in her lower arms/wrists that she's had to deal with her whole life and gives her a lot of pain and has medically been classed as losing the use of both of her arms.

Male of the couple walks with a stick due to bone cancer at age 20 and the resultant operation to save his leg. Plus he's no depth perception!

Neither of us are allowed to drive due to our conditions so we're part of the bus pass brigade as people often call us.

We don't feel our disabilities define us at all as people. We might have a few more obstacles in certain things or we might find some things a bit more difficult but we don't let any of that stop us having fun!

We can understand those who say some people "play" on their disability as this does happen and we know examples in our vanilla lives.

I think the issue here is that everyone has had very different experiences with disabilities. The couple with the 30year old son have experienced it through him, the couple with the guy in the wheel chair have experienced it their own way, as have we. There will be as many answers to this question as their are people on here with disabilities. We've all got very different experiences so we should all acknowledge and respect that but what we shouldn't do is try and say that some peoples views and experiences are somehow more valid than others. We definitely don't want Blue Badges at dawn!"

very well put

By *john121Man
over a year ago

staffs

I have to say that from my limited experience of clubs and that 2 of the 3 I've attended you wouldn't have a hope in hell of getting a chair through their doors let alone get up to where the 'action' takes place so yes discrimination does take place, just as it does in every walk of life and no pun intended as I too have a spinal injury which causes me issues with my left leg; and more recently since 6/6 find myself with a fixator on my right leg and foot which means I'm non weight bearing and I'm using a wheel chair I see that people do look at you and treat you differently and you begin to realise even in your own home how difficult it can be to do the usual things you take for granted..I think that sometimes we are all clueless as to what it means to be less abled in any way.

Comes down to education.

over a year ago

"We're both disabled. Female has a very rare bone deformity in her lower arms/wrists that she's had to deal with her whole life and gives her a lot of pain and has medically been classed as losing the use of both of her arms.

I think the issue here is that everyone has had very different experiences with disabilities. The couple with the 30year old son have experienced it through him, the couple with the guy in the wheel chair have experienced it their own way, as have we. There will be as many answers to this question as their are people on here with disabilities. We've all got very different experiences so we should all acknowledge and respect that but what we shouldn't do is try and say that some peoples views and experiences are somehow more valid than others. We definitely don't want Blue Badges at dawn! very well put "

over a year ago

Bristol

I think the issue here is that everyone has had very different experiences with disabilities. The couple with the 30year old son have experienced it through him, the couple with the guy in the wheel chair have experienced it their own way, as have we. There will be as many answers to this question as their are people on here with disabilities. We've all got very different experiences so we should all acknowledge and respect that but what we shouldn't do is try and say that some peoples views and experiences are somehow more valid than others. We definitely don't want Blue Badges at dawn!"

over a year ago

Hi all I'm in a wheelchair and I must say it is very hard to find any one to have fun with I was on this site many years ago with my wife but now on the site alone and omg its really hard to find anything only met one couple but they where friends already so it don't count my profile is sexykingiam on here if there is anyone out there

it is so hard for anyone in a wheelchair as it seems the wheelchair is the only thing people see

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 07/10/15 03:49:35]

over a year ago

I know what you mean about the wheel chair.

Though not as disabled as you, I'm drawn between telling every female from the outset the truth about my disability & probably not securing a meet, or spouting bull & standing more chance of getting one.

I don't require any walking aids, & though I used to walk with a limp, I've made great improvements with the past couple of years & I don't think anyone notices anymore.

But it is difficult for the male fraternity on here. May have something to do with the ratio of males to females.

Though generally an honest person, I think I'd choose the 'Bull-Shit' technique.

over a year ago

communication..????"

over a year ago

Bullshit!!

Post new Message to Thread