Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

cant win

Jump to newest

By *untimeanytime OP   Man
over a year ago

kings lynn

Just cant win with some people can you. Planned a meet in the week for today just to check an make sure all was still ok for meet I sent message on here an sent a text an no reply so rather than waste my time an fuel I didnt go. But somehow im now a time waster

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

why worry, you didn't leave your home and who ever didn't reply is the person put out...

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Chill , take it all with a pinch of salt

over a year ago

kings lynn

Not really bothered as had a few beers in the sun instead.

over a year ago

"Not really bothered as had a few beers in the sun instead. "

Me to lol . Beer on a Sunday is much more important

By *adybee77Woman
over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

"Just cant win with some people can you. Planned a meet in the week for today just to check an make sure all was still ok for meet I sent message on here an sent a text an no reply so rather than waste my time an fuel I didnt go. But somehow im now a time waster "

Did they turn up at the meet? Admittedly they should have text/messaged back, but if you arranged and didn't show, I'd be pretty pissed off.

over a year ago

kings lynn

"Not really bothered as had a few beers in the sun instead.

Me to lol . Beer on a Sunday is much more important "

double thumbs up to that

over a year ago

kings lynn

I always check before meet as it was at their house as never know if kids came home or friends turned up

By *cottishsexgoddessWoman
over a year ago

Glenrothes

If I didn't get a response to a message or text, I would think they didn't want to meet either. Common courtesy would dictate an acknowledgement. So I would have had the same reaction as OP.

By *artinichilled1TV/TS
over a year ago

Bedford

Didnt you exchange mobile numbers before meeting up? If not then theres not a serious intention to meet on both sides .

over a year ago

Rather than the message or text, why not try the old fashioned way of actually trying to speak to said people and call them first.

By *adybee77Woman
over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

"Didnt you exchange mobile numbers before meeting up? If not then theres not a serious intention to meet on both sides ."

Very few of my meets have my mobile number - the majority of phones and places have access to wifi and the internet now (even up here in MAMOBA Scotland (Miles And Miles Of Bugger All) so I organise meets online, via fab.

Safer as a single fem not to give out numbers or details.

over a year ago

kings lynn

"Didnt you exchange mobile numbers before meeting up? If not then theres not a serious intention to meet on both sides ."

So what part of me sending a text didnt you quite get

over a year ago

"Rather than the message or text, why not try the old fashioned way of actually trying to speak to said people and call them first.

"

maybe he was worried, she may of had company, I wouldn't be too pleased if I got a random call.

Her

over a year ago

kings lynn

"Rather than the message or text, why not try the old fashioned way of actually trying to speak to said people and call them first.

maybe he was worried, she may of had company, I wouldn't be too pleased if I got a random call.

Her"

Thats why I sent a discreet text

over a year ago

"

we always text before calling unless other person has said ok to simply call whenever -

By *imply_SensualMan
over a year ago

warrington

I am with the OP on this, if I sent a text or message on here just to make sure plans were still on and I got no response, I would sack it too. If the meet was at their house, they haven't really been put out, certainly not as much as someone potentially travelling and wasting their time, a simple response would have made sure the meet went ahead.

over a year ago

Her

Thats why I sent a discreet text "

you did right, rather than bombard her with a call, discretion always, put it down to experience, and better luck next time.

Her

over a year ago

kings lynn

Her

Thats why I sent a discreet text you did right, rather than bombard her with a call, discretion always, put it down to experience, and better luck next time.

Her"

Thanks xx

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

If I sent a text and they didn't reply I would assume the meet was off

By *artinichilled1TV/TS
over a year ago

Bedford

So what part of me sending a text didnt you quite get

Ok.If I dont get a reply for a hour or more I send another text to say reply by such a time or else Im not meeting.

By *qua vitaeWoman
over a year ago

Shropshire/Midlands

I would assume that if I didn't hear anything, I would think the meet was off too and I wouldn't like someone to call out of the blue if I hadn't given the ok with a text.

This happened to me a few months ago when it all went quiet 4 days before a social meet. I sent a text on the day to confirm that we were still meeting and still no response. The said party had even logged onto fab that morning. So I didn't go and still haven't heard anything since.

over a year ago

"I am with the OP on this, if I sent a text or message on here just to make sure plans were still on and I got no response, I would sack it too. If the meet was at their house, they haven't really been put out, certainly not as much as someone potentially travelling and wasting their time, a simple response would have made sure the meet went ahead."

I agree, there is not a chance in hell I would have gone either

over a year ago

"I am with the OP on this, if I sent a text or message on here just to make sure plans were still on and I got no response, I would sack it too. If the meet was at their house, they haven't really been put out, certainly not as much as someone potentially travelling and wasting their time, a simple response would have made sure the meet went ahead."

I totally agree and a text is always better than a phone call out of the blue. You never know who's about when you make a random call.

By *eddonistikMan
over a year ago

Manchester

we always text before calling unless other person has said ok to simply call whenever -"

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I would have done the exact same thing!

By *emon tart Double creamCouple
over a year ago

Leeds

Sounds like they changed their mind and didn't want to go through with it and probably didn't want to be called time wasters - which is fine as they are allowed to change their mind.

But for them to turn the table and call you a time waster is out of order.

over a year ago

"I am with the OP on this, if I sent a text or message on here just to make sure plans were still on and I got no response, I would sack it too. If the meet was at their house, they haven't really been put out, certainly not as much as someone potentially travelling and wasting their time, a simple response would have made sure the meet went ahead.

I totally agree and a text is always better than a phone call out of the blue. You never know who's about when you make a random call. "

By *rumCoupleCouple
over a year ago

birmingham

People *are* aware that SMS and email are not reliable services ?

They can fail, and no error returned to sender.

It's rare, but you really wouldn't want to stake your life on it ....

over a year ago

I rarely if ever swap numbers... I wouldnt have gone if I didnt get a reply either x

over a year ago

Id of sent a message on the day - still ok for today? If no reply my next txt would be need to know by such a time. If no reply. Block and move on. Wouldn't even leave the house. As for giving mobile number out. Never to randoms. Thats what kik is for.

over a year ago

This is why we plan the majority of our meets at clubs. As if it does not go to plan you can slink off and have some awesome fun anyway either together or other hotties.

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

"If I didn't get a response to a message or text, I would think they didn't want to meet either. Common courtesy would dictate an acknowledgement. So I would have had the same reaction as OP."

This

Post new Message to Thread