Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

COs they are time wasters.

over a year ago

Never been stood up.......yet.

But hey, we're choosy and spend time getting to the meeting part so less likely to get messed about.

over a year ago

I wish I could actually get as far as agreeing a meet AND then be stood up. Stop bragging you lucky lucky bastard.......

By *r Man.Man
over a year ago

London

"Never been stood up.......yet.

But hey, we're choosy and spend time getting to the meeting part so less likely to get messed about."

May i say you've just been lucky. Was on another site as a couple the women were in contact up to 25 mins before meet time. Hotel paid for they never turned up.

over a year ago

Yes

over a year ago

But hey, we're choosy and spend time getting to the meeting part so less likely to get messed about.

May i say you've just been lucky. Was on another site as a couple the women were in contact up to 25 mins before meet time. Hotel paid for they never turned up."

There's never been any luck involved.

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

Yes. Once. But he wasn't the only guy we'd invited so no loss.

Generally the ones that get stood up have often not done enough 'prep' work beforehand - and last minute plans often result in issues.

A

over a year ago

May i say you've just been lucky. Was on another site as a couple the women were in contact up to 25 mins before meet time. Hotel paid for they never turned up.

There's never been any luck involved."

Sane here

over a year ago

It's only ever happened to us once and it was because we didn't follow our usual stringent selection process...apparently we weren't properly stood up...They came in and didn't like the look of the monkey...like THAT'S going to happen... we had a lovely evening anyway...

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Yes. Once. But he wasn't the only guy we'd invited so no loss.

Generally the ones that get stood up have often not done enough 'prep' work beforehand - and last minute plans often result in issues.

A"

this....... selection process, how you go about your checks and balances, not letting your cock rule your head, basic common sense ect ect ect......

i have always wanted to almost do a comparison between me and some who always complains about "timewasters" and see how we go about selecting who we meet....

over a year ago

"Yes. Once. But he wasn't the only guy we'd invited so no loss.

A

this....... selection process, how you go about your checks and balances, not letting your cock rule your head, basic common sense ect ect ect......

i have always wanted to almost do a comparison between me and some who always complains about "timewasters" and see how we go about selecting who we meet...."

This has to be done, I'd imagine the results to be very interesting.

over a year ago

Never been stood up. Had a last minute cancellation with annoyed me at the time but as I's not left the house, my time wasn't really wasted. Plus I then agreed to meet someone else that night which was an added bonus

over a year ago

It happens to me occasionally. I think it's just cold feet. There's been some that turned up that I wish hadn't!

over a year ago

"They stand you up because they can."

over a year ago

"It happens to me occasionally. I think it's just cold feet. There's been some that turned up that I wish hadn't! "

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

No

over a year ago

"Have u ever arranged a meet and the person never turned up ? X x "

No and I wouldn't do it to others either.

over a year ago

Yes twice

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

I've never been stood up, ever.

over a year ago

Yes once a few years ago now.....he still begging to meet,I like telling him to sod off,I think he gets off on it

over a year ago

Yep once a social at tesco cafe.got there five min early checked fab a message written ten min before saying pick me up at station we go straight to his house.

I drove home and sent message a social is a social and im not a taxi and blocked him

thankfully only once to me he was avoiding the social thing, which is what I asked for first.i was clear about that

over a year ago

Yes many times and its their loss

over a year ago

because they got a better offer?

over a year ago

"Yes once a few years ago now.....he still begging to meet,I like telling him to sod off,I think he gets off on it "

I've had a guy do this, he didn't stand me up but every time we arranged a meet he would cancel, after the first time I think life happens and everyone can have a genuine reason to pull out so I gave him the benefit of the doubt and re arranged, after the second time I said no when he asked again but we got chatting and I thought maybe he did have a genuine reason so re arranged, after the third time I told him no way will I arrange another meet, he mails me all the time saying he's sorry and can we re arrange he promises he will turn up this time, but I think 3 pull outs is enough, he still keeps asking though, I think some get off on the chase

over a year ago

Yeah. I once got stood up...I felt a right twat at the altar on my own!

over a year ago

i have done in the past but i sort of know now which ones are going to be reliable.

over a year ago

Been stood up twice in 4 years, once at a hotel meet and once at a social. On both occasions, the person was meet verified and we spoke on the phone so I couldn't really have done much more to satisfy myself they were genuine. I guess they changed their mind!! I'm not sure how anyone can do that to someone but as someone else has mentioned, some get off on the chase. I'd never do that, I'm big enough and confident enough to say if I've changed my mind and have done before. Everyone is entitled to change their mind but to just no show is disrespectful and immature.

over a year ago

Seems to be the norm round here lol there loss

over a year ago

I guess I'm either very lucky or my selection criteria is very good (or I really am as awesome as I think I am!).

I've never been stood up.

over a year ago

More couples have stood me up than singles. Their loss tbh it does not bother me anymore as more important things in life to worry about.

over a year ago

It has happened before. I've since learned from it abide a strict standard when dealing with initial (and subsequent) contact.

over a year ago

But hey, we're choosy and spend time getting to the meeting part so less likely to get messed about."

Hilarious, you've never swung so stop preaching like every other armchair swinger.

3 meets, one on cam and 2 socials ffs

over a year ago

Not on here, have been stood up years ago while vanilla dating.

over a year ago

Hilarious, you've never swung so stop preaching like every other armchair swinger.

3 meets, one on cam and 2 socials ffs"

Interesting view. First, I fail to see how that's preaching. It's a point of view, simples.

Second your statement that we've never swung is a wild and uninformed one. You have no idea of our history either from this site or from any other sites we may have been members of. Kindly refrain from such judgments without facts to back them up.

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

3 meets, one on cam and 2 socials ffs"

Wtf???

So everyone lists every encounter they've ever had - clubs, parties, subsequent meets with people they've met before, meets via other sites ??

A

over a year ago

3 meets, one on cam and 2 socials ffs

Interesting view. First, I fail to see how that's preaching. It's a point of view, simples.

Second your statement that we've never swung is a wild and uninformed one. You have no idea of our history either from this site or from any other sites we may have been members of. Kindly refrain from such judgments without facts to back them up.

"

And you posted the same thing on my thread about being stood up insinuating that I make bad choices and have poor judgement yet if I followed your advice I would check profiles to make sure the people I'm arranging to meet actually swing.

Your profile would be one of those to avoid since you've been on here over a year without ever having swung.

over a year ago

Id like to say that being stood up doesn't mean that you're less choosy or jump into meets with anyone

Im very bloody choosy thank you

over a year ago

We have not been stood up yet but then we don't meet on the fly and take our time chatting before meeting, this takes weeks and in some cases months so in many cases people get bored and move on. The ones that stick with it though we do meet up with and haven't been let down yet.

over a year ago

Someone's had a little too much sugar on their Cornflakes this morning!

over a year ago

"Someone's had a little too much sugar on their Cornflakes this morning! "

I want some cornflakes now

over a year ago

"Someone's had a little too much sugar on their Cornflakes this morning!

I want some cornflakes now "

Sorry, I'm fresh out (Damn kids). My breakfast consists of glazed doughnuts dunked in black coffee.

over a year ago

Been stood up once but then the man who did it then displayed what kind of men he is and I saw it more as a lucky escape!

By *bony in IvoryCouple
over a year ago

Black&White Utopia

No

over a year ago

No would not stand anyone up as its always nice to meet for a coffee or a drink even if its not leading anywhere else just nice to have a chat in good company

over a year ago

"Yes once a few years ago now.....he still begging to meet,I like telling him to sod off,I think he gets off on it

I've had a guy do this, he didn't stand me up but every time we arranged a meet he would cancel...he mails me all the time saying he's sorry and can we re arrange"

Haha, I've got two or three of those cancelling-but-keen suitors on another site!

By *eglieanCouple
over a year ago

Torbay

because they hid round the corner ,, see what your like and do a runner???

Or they see you and realise the pics they sent you are 30 years out of date and as you dont have white stick and dog you might just tumble them..

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 23/07/14 13:00:18]

over a year ago

Because not everyone is what they claim to be

Wannabes, attention seekers, teasers

Just as in real life CATFISH

over a year ago

we have arranged time to be free and the other people cancelled lateish - but never been somewhere and left standing like fools so i guess we are lucky - and only once have we had to cancel but re arranged - suppose some people arrange when they arent 100% available which is ot how we work it

Post new Message to Thread