Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Bossy profiles.....

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So people with bossy profiles. You know the profiles that have lots of CAPS LOCK and a massive list of do's and dont's and are generally quite aggressive.

Serious question......do you actually get meets? I ask as I for one immediately hit the back button and never return. Scare me shitless lol.

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

If they have veri's - I suspect they do.

But not a fan of them either.

A

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

can be offputting - but at least you know where you stand -

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So people with bossy profiles. You know the profiles that have lots of CAPS LOCK and a massive list of do's and dont's and are generally quite aggressive.

Serious question......do you actually get meets? I ask as I for one immediately hit the back button and never return. Scare me shitless lol."

They scare me too, they do get meets though, i guess a lot of men arent fussy about what type of person they meet or they are the same as them.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Same here! Supposed to be about sexy fun! Puts us off straight away....

Reply privately

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

It's an interesting point ? I'm sure they do but I also tend to walk away if too ranty. I'm sure they could say good the rant filter means horrid people like us don't message them ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So people with bossy profiles. You know the profiles that have lots of CAPS LOCK and a massive list of do's and dont's and are generally quite aggressive.

Serious question......do you actually get meets? I ask as I for one immediately hit the back button and never return. Scare me shitless lol.

They scare me too, they do get meets though, i guess a lot of men arent fussy about what type of person they meet or they are the same as them."

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think quite often the written word can appear far more aggressive than is actually meant but still some of these profiles are like death threats or ransom notes lol.

Reply privately

over a year ago

a negative profile with lots of demands then a ps.. here for fun, no dramas...

hmmm avoid..

Reply privately

over a year ago

Serious question......do you actually get meets? I ask as I for one immediately hit the back button and never return. Scare me shitless lol."

I wouldn't say bossy, maybe picky though. But yea I still get meets

Reply privately

over a year ago

Here here ! They should chill out .....bet most are mingers anyway !

Reply privately

By *exy panther 1974Woman
over a year ago

Anywhere and everywhere

Still get meets, just state it as it is, been on and off the site for few years now and it works get plenty of messages, meets, and I've made a lot of friends. At least people know where they stand if they choose to message.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Still get meets, just state it as it is, been on and off the site for few years now and it works get plenty of messages, meets, and I've made a lot of friends. At least people know where they stand if they choose to message. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Still get meets, just state it as it is, been on and off the site for few years now and it works get plenty of messages, meets, and I've made a lot of friends. At least people know where they stand if they choose to message. "

To be honest yours puts me off immediately because you name and shame in your status lol.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Still get meets, just state it as it is, been on and off the site for few years now and it works get plenty of messages, meets, and I've made a lot of friends. At least people know where they stand if they choose to message.

To be honest yours puts me off immediately because you name and shame in your status lol."

and yes I'm sure you're devastated.

Reply privately

over a year ago

we have put the shouty caps in our profile, but it really hasn't made a difference, we still get people messaging for things we are not into! it probably makes us look angry or maybe unfriendly but its good to be able to point it out to the people that message after just looking at the pics

Reply privately

over a year ago

Don't you think it is down to the people who create their profile as to how they put it on?

We have lots of capitals, and it is there to do exactly what people are saying on here-make them leave us alone if it offends them.

We have lots of contact, so it can't put everyone off!

The message above is so right;

At least people know where they stand if they choose to message.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Still get meets, just state it as it is, been on and off the site for few years now and it works get plenty of messages, meets, and I've made a lot of friends. At least people know where they stand if they choose to message.

To be honest yours puts me off immediately because you name and shame in your status lol."

She does warn you in her profile she can be your worst nightmare if you treat her wrong

Reply privately

By *ivilizedkinkCouple
over a year ago

harrow

OH GROW A PAIR MAN , AS IF YOU CAN BE SCARE OF CAPITAL LETTERS , sorry could'nt resist that

Reply privately

over a year ago

Reply privately

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

It's THEIR profile. Believe it or not for some people their life doesn't begin and end on Fab. They know what they want and what works for them.

One persons ranty profile is another's fiesty!

The I'm Gods gift, no mingers, fatsos, short arse, baldy, those that fuck black types of profiles hasten me along, but I don't feel the need to berate others on their choices.

Good luck to them.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Not sure how if I was berating just generally intrigued.

Reply privately

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"we have put the shouty caps in our profile, but it really hasn't made a difference, we still get people messaging for things we are not into! it probably makes us look angry or maybe unfriendly but its good to be able to point it out to the people that message after just looking at the pics "

Thing is there's no italic, bold etc to emphasis the text: caps is all that's available...not that it makes a blind bit of difference to some!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"we have put the shouty caps in our profile, but it really hasn't made a difference, we still get people messaging for things we are not into! it probably makes us look angry or maybe unfriendly but its good to be able to point it out to the people that message after just looking at the pics

Thing is there's no italic, bold etc to emphasis the text: caps is all that's available...not that it makes a blind bit of difference to some! "

True. A profile written in all italic would be a thing of beauty. Mine should written in ComicSans or crayon.

Reply privately

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"Not sure how if I was berating just generally intrigued. "

Can't recall stating you did.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think we are getting down to the entire and only point now.

Each profile is our own, not anyone else's and to be fair we can put up anything we want, as our choices are our own.

Of course, putting those choices on a forum then opens our _iews up for debate, both negative and positive, however a profile is you trying to tell everyone else what you want, and what you don't.

We should all respect other people's choices, however a lot on this site still think it is their right to ignore it.

Reply privately

By *ilthydirtyfuckersCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

We have added to our profile and it has cut down significantly the amount of stupid emails we receive, however we do worry that it may be off putting to people who could be a match for us .

Reply privately

over a year ago

We must say however, that debate is good.

It gives the good people a chance to show that they ARE actually decent, and hopefully it will make the idiots crawl back into the hole they came out of.

Shame it doesn't always work like that!

Reply privately

over a year ago

If it puts them off, then they were never a proper match, were they?

Stick to your guns and say what you want to, it's your profile!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Not sure how if I was berating just generally intrigued.

Can't recall stating you did."

Implied maybe???

Reply privately

over a year ago

"If it puts them off, then they were never a proper match, were they?

"

Well that's not quite true is it

Reply privately

By *ilthydirtyfuckersCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

"If it puts them off, then they were never a proper match, were they?

Well that's not quite true is it "

I think it might make us look agressive and we are far from it . But it has worked to an extent

Reply privately

over a year ago

Why is that?

If they were a match they would feel the same way and understand what you are saying.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It doesn't make you look aggressive.

To us it makes you look like you are pissed off with people bothering you who you don't want.

It certainly wouldn't put us off.

GREAT City by the way!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Why is that?

If they were a match they would feel the same way and understand what you are saying."

So your saying that every single person who reads your profile and isn't interested would not be a good match for you? There is only so much you can get from a profile and even if it puts you off, you may get on perfectly well if you did actually meet in another situation.

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 20/07/14 14:47:04]

Reply privately

over a year ago

The thing is, we will not meet people in another situation.

The profile is all we have to judge whether we are a match or not.

If you want the same thing and have the same _iews, a few capital letters making it clear what you don't want shouldn't put people off.

Why should it if you are matched?

Reply privately

By *eordie JoJoTV/TS
over a year ago

Newcastle

I used to think exactly the same... When I first joined... Omg! How do they get meets with demands and attitudes like that. ..... But after being on fab quite a while... It can turn you like that! As over time I've had the key board wankers... The timewasters.... And just dam stupid requests .... Even with filters .... We are all here for our own reasons and no one's reason is right or wrong! .... I just tend now to be a lot more specific and honest! Not nasty... Just say it how it is regardless.... To the point! .... If I wanted to chat or a social I would have joined pof or match so therefore it's sex for me.... But there is a difference with being horny.... And desperate..... The latter I'm not! Judge me how you see fit!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Swinging it's all about fun end off we don't bother with bossy ones does nothing for us

Reply privately

over a year ago

Couldn't agree more, it is about fun.

Also about choices we are sure you agree. So if anyone found our profile to be bossy or anything else, we are more than happy for them to pass us by.

Funny enough though, we still get people contacting us.

We guess it always comes down to choices.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Agree some profiles can look a bit bossy....but it's the any hole's a goal profiles where they seem to have no preferences at all whatsoever which put me off more!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Agree some profiles can look a bit bossy....but it's the any hole's a goal profiles where they seem to have no preferences at all whatsoever which put me off more!"

I had preferences on my profile. I done a thread about getting no meets and everyone told me to lose my preferences because it puts people off and too specific. Guys look like they open to anything but only because we don't seem to be able to put any kind of preference down

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Couldn't agree more, it is about fun.

Also about choices we are sure you agree. So if anyone found our profile to be bossy or anything else, we are more than happy for them to pass us by.

Funny enough though, we still get people contacting us.

We guess it always comes down to choices."

Fair enough, but why have you stated you won't meet single guys in CAPITALS, then you don't have the sense to block all single guys?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I agree. I saw one the other day that had "I NEED TO BE FUCKED HARD NOW I'M SOOO WET I NEED YOUR COCK IN ME AND I NEED IT NOW". All those capitals...so off putting. Block and move on I say

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Agree some profiles can look a bit bossy....but it's the any hole's a goal profiles where they seem to have no preferences at all whatsoever which put me off more!

I had preferences on my profile. I done a thread about getting no meets and everyone told me to lose my preferences because it puts people off and too specific. Guys look like they open to anything but only because we don't seem to be able to put any kind of preference down "

Really? I guess that's proof you can't win then lol!

Reply privately

over a year ago

As always, our choice.

If a single guy can show the respect and manners to read our profile first, he will clearly know we do not want his attention-very clearly.

So seeing that everyone should show respect to others, he wouldn't contact us then, would he?

Bingo, no need to block.

Or is it wrong to expect of others to show manners and respect for our choices?

Reply privately

over a year ago

We find the superior statements, threatening and critical comments, excessive SHOUTY CAPITALS off putting. I guess we believe that if their profile is like that then they will be like that and we will not get on.

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 20/07/14 15:23:21]

Reply privately

over a year ago

"As always, our choice.

If a single guy can show the respect and manners to read our profile first, he will clearly know we do not want his attention-very clearly.

So seeing that everyone should show respect to others, he wouldn't contact us then, would he?

Bingo, no need to block.

Or is it wrong to expect of others to show manners and respect for our choices?"

Come on. Fab has given you a service whereby you can block single guys if you wish. Use it rather then expect everyone to read through your profile lol.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"As always, our choice.

Bingo, no need to block.

Or is it wrong to expect of others to show manners and respect for our choices?"

What are you trying to prove? Respect is a two way thing you know. It seems totally illogical that you put ranty text about not meeting single guys then don't block them, I bet most guys just message you to wind you up

Reply privately

over a year ago

About the sense to block single guys?

We simple expect the same single guys to have the sense to read our profile and respect it.

Seems the sensible thing to do, doesn't it?

We are now utterly amazed!!

Profiles are not for reading??

That speaks volumes for single guys does it not?

And as for not getting on because of our capital letters, perfectly correct!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"About the sense to block single guys?

We simple expect the same single guys to have the sense to read our profile and respect it.

And as for not getting on because of our capital letters, perfectly correct!"

You seem very angry, and naive, do you lock your front door at night ? Or just expect everyone to show you respect by not burgling your house

Reply privately

over a year ago

We don't mind wind ups, but just one point though, are we on an adult's sites or in a playground of kids? Adults respect choices, kids do silly wind ups, simple really.

And as for the silly boys who try to wind us up, firstly it doesn't wind us up, it just makes us laugh to see how ignorant they are, then they just get spoken to with the contempt they deserve.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Don't see many single men's profiles like this though.

#justsaying

Reply privately

over a year ago

And as for not getting on because of our capital letters, perfectly correct!

You seem very angry, and naive, do you lock your front door at night ? Or just expect everyone to show you respect by not burgling your house "

Lol good point

Reply privately

over a year ago

"We don't mind wind ups, but just one point though, are we on an adult's sites or in a playground of kids? Adults respect choices, kids do silly wind ups, simple really.

And as for the silly boys who try to wind us up, firstly it doesn't wind us up, it just makes us laugh to see how ignorant they are, then they just get spoken to with the contempt they deserve."

Why do you appear so angry then?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"We don't mind wind ups, but just one point though, are we on an adult's sites or in a playground of kids? Adults respect choices, kids do silly wind ups, simple really.

And as for the silly boys who try to wind us up, firstly it doesn't wind us up, it just makes us laugh to see how ignorant they are, then they just get spoken to with the contempt they deserve."

Sounds like a power trip

Reply privately

over a year ago

Have you seen the length of my profile? I don't half chat shit.

Reply privately

over a year ago

And as for not getting on because of our capital letters, perfectly correct!"

I think this is the time to just admit your argument is wrong before digging yourself deeper in hole lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

Not angry, or naïve, just fed up of the sad people out there who think they have the right to tell others what to do.

Simple really. Our profile, our choice. And yes, in our lives we can tell people what we want and they can make choices also.

We ask nicely, please, if you don't like our profile carry on to the next one.

Simple really..

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Have you seen the length of my profile? I don't half chat shit.

"

It's a beast, no ranty CAPITALS though

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Not angry, or naïve, just fed up of the sad people out there who think they have the right to tell others what to do.

Simple really. Our profile, our choice. And yes, in our lives we can tell people what we want and they can make choices also.

We ask nicely, please, if you don't like our profile carry on to the next one.

Simple really.."

Me,me, me,

Reply privately

over a year ago

Funny how a single guy pipes up and tells us our argument is wrong.

Really? Nice of you to decide!

In fact it isn't an argument. In our party, it is our rules, so it sure is right.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Don't see many single men's profiles like this though.

#justsaying "

Beggars can't be choosers lol.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Funny how a single guy pipes up and tells us our argument is wrong.

In fact it isn't an argument. In our party, it is our rules, so it sure is right."

Well this escalated rather quickly!

Reply privately

over a year ago

GG4

Of course it is me,me,me!

Are you actually telling us we should put you or anyone else first?

Now that is funny!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Funny how a single guy pipes up and tells us our argument is wrong.

In fact it isn't an argument. In our party, it is our rules, so it sure is right."

Doesn't seem to be working very well

Reply privately

over a year ago

"GG4

Of course it is me,me,me!

Are you actually telling us we should put you or anyone else first?

Now that is funny!"

Yeah, in case you hadn't noticed but meeting people usually means a second party, do you just sit their barking your orders

Reply privately

over a year ago

GG4, it works great for us thanks!!

Power trip, call it what you will.

We take ages to make a profile telling everyone exactly what we want, then we shouldn't expect people to read it?

Funny!

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 20/07/14 15:38:08]

Reply privately

over a year ago

"GG4, it works great for us thanks!!

Power trip, call it what you will.

We take ages to make a profile telling everyone exactly what we want, then we shouldn't expect people to read it?

Funny!"

Ages, really? Is your keyboard broken ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Of course meeting needs a second party, but of course we have the right to choose who we meet or not as the case may be.

Simple isn't it?

And guess what? Our profile tells everybody that!!

Wait a sec though, no one reads it!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Of course meeting needs a second party, but of course we have the right to choose who we meet or not as the case may be.

Simple isn't it? "

No, you havnt grasped the concept have you, your not the only one who chooses who you meet ,the second party also had a choice,simples,

Funny!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

calm down guys n gals or the thread will get closed

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 20/07/14 15:42:08]

Reply privately

over a year ago

"calm down guys n gals or the thread will get closed "

I DONT CARE, ITS MY RULES AND I WILL RANT IF I WANT TO

Reply privately

over a year ago

We are calm honestly!

GG4, you choose who you want to meet and we will choose who we want to meet.

It isn't complicated, honesty!

Hence the profile. So people know whether we are matched or not.

If that wasn't the case, why not just put up name and location?

Believe it or not, we are not offended if people choose not to like our profile and walk straight by, in fact we are quite happy!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"We are calm honestly!

GG4, you choose who you want to meet and we will choose who we want to meet.

It isn't complicated, honesty!

Hence the profile. So people know whether we are matched or not.

If that wasn't the case, why not just put up name and location?

Believe it or not, we are not offended if people choose not to like our profile and walk straight by, in fact we are quite happy!"

It's a good job

Reply privately

over a year ago

We agree!!

It is your rules in your profile, and of course you can rant if you want to.

Free will, let's all enjoy it, but on our own profiles of course!

Reply privately

By * Busty HotwifeCouple
over a year ago

Bradford

"can be offputting - but at least you know where you stand - "

Absolutely.

Too many folk on here are pests.

And yes we still get tonnes of offers, and plenty of meets when we want them. Except we get less timewasters because what we are or are not looking for is clearly stated.

Reply privately

over a year ago

CHILDREN STOP!!!

Now go to your rooms and think about what you've all done. I'm very disappointed.

Reply privately

over a year ago

IBS.

Thank you!

If we all make it clear where we stand, then there is no confusion!

Reply privately

By *adybee77Woman
over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

My profile is me, yes I'm sometimes ranty, sometimes sweet. If you don't like it, no skin off my nose, I'm not begging for meets. I'm not desperate. Fab is fun, and if you don't get my sense of humour, we're unlikely to click.

See something you don't like... Walk on by

Reply privately

over a year ago

Finally, some sense is surfacing!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Sometimes I feel a bit bossy but I take it out on men not my profile

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Finally, some sense is surfacing!!

"

Yeah after the rubbish you were banging on about

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Don't you think it is down to the people who create their profile as to how they put it on?

We have lots of capitals, and it is there to do exactly what people are saying on here-make them leave us alone if it offends them.

At least people know where they stand if they choose to message."

Your profile isnt as bad as some on here though. it sounds polite compared to some on here.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Don't you think it is down to the people who create their profile as to how they put it on?

At least people know where they stand if they choose to message.

Your profile isnt as bad as some on here though. it sounds polite compared to some on here."

Nicely put.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think ladies do ! Men won't ! And couples a maybe

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 20/07/14 16:16:51]

Reply privately

By *exy panther 1974Woman
over a year ago

Anywhere and everywhere

To be honest yours puts me off immediately because you name and shame in your status lol.

I doudt I be able to sleep tonight now, totally gutted

and yes I'm sure you're devastated. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

1821, the rubbish has come from people like you, and funny enough, speaking the way you do and bad mouthing people's _iews, it is people like you who cause it.

We bet you are really popular!

Reply privately

By *ucyfur77Woman
over a year ago

Pleasuretown

"My profile is me, yes I'm sometimes ranty, sometimes sweet. If you don't like it, no skin off my nose, I'm not begging for meets. I'm not desperate. Fab is fun, and if you don't get my sense of humour, we're unlikely to click.

See something you don't like... Walk on by "

Reply privately

over a year ago

At the end of the day its just a shag, no need to use CAPS or pages of text lol.

Reply privately

over a year ago

You can always pass them by. I'm not sure they are supposed to come across as aggressive but many do. I think its more frustration that some people that message them may not have read previous versions of their profile so they get annoyed and change their approach a little to try and get messages from appropriate people but 9 times out of 10, it doesn't work. There is a way of putting your preferences across that is light hearted and fun but few do this so it ends up as an aggressive rant rather than a profile.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Of course to single guys it is just a shag, however to us we think we are quite capable of choosing whether we want to use CAPS or pages of text. Note we said WANT, a choice thing. LOL.

As always, please feel free to walk away from anything you don't like, but funnily enough, some of these single guys who have commented on here have actually bothered us before!

Funny that...

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Of course to single guys it is just a shag, however to us we think we are quite capable of choosing whether we want to use CAPS or pages of text. Note we said WANT, a choice thing. LOL.

As always, please feel free to walk away from anything you don't like, but funnily enough, some of these single guys who have commented on here have actually bothered us before!

Funny that..."

Like I mentioned it before, it's probably a wind up,

Reply privately

over a year ago

I doudt I be able to sleep tonight now, totally gutted

and yes I'm sure you're devastated. "

Good to see you removed the naming and shaming. Good girl. Well behaved mwah.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Of course to single guys it is just a shag, however to us we think we are quite capable of choosing whether we want to use CAPS or pages of text. Note we said WANT, a choice thing. LOL.

Funny that..."

How about single women?lol.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I think quite often the written word can appear far more aggressive than is actually meant but still some of these profiles are like death threats or ransom notes lol."

Love it! Pmsl!

Reply privately

By *ilthygorgeous1Couple
over a year ago

Oxford

I wouldn't say bossy, maybe picky though. But yea I still get meets "

Why can't people be fussy/picky? We are all here to have amazing experiences not half arse'd medico let downs. I know it's rude to...But if you don't ask you don't get!! So we say demand your hearts out people and never settle for something you don't want xxx

Reply privately

over a year ago

Funny enough ST, single women don't seem seem to behave badly like this.

Maybe they think more on the lines that 'I wouldn't like it done to me, so I don't do it to others'.

Reply privately

over a year ago

is it getting hot in here lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Funny enough ST, single women don't seem seem to behave badly like this.

Maybe they think more on the lines that 'I wouldn't like it done to me, so I don't do it to others'.

"

Yes your right there and as well, they are swamped with offers so don't need to I think to lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

I wouldn't say bossy, maybe picky though. But yea I still get meets

Why can't people be fussy/picky? We are all here to have amazing experiences not half arse'd medico let downs. I know it's rude to...But if you don't ask you don't get!! So we say demand your hearts out people and never settle for something you don't want xxx"

If it works , great, but bossy ranty, aggressive profiles may put of the very people you want to attract.

Reply privately

over a year ago

More importantly to us, it gives a clear message to the people we don't want contacting us.

If it puts a few people off, then we would never know and therefore never miss it!

Actually though, we haven't been short of decent contact yet, so obviously it works just fine for us!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"More importantly to us, it gives a clear message to the people we don't want contacting us.

If it puts a few people off, then we would never know and therefore never miss it!

Actually though, we haven't been short of decent contact yet, so obviously it works just fine for us!"

Great, do yiu still get messages of single guys then ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

My profile is bossy and to the point. I have no problems with getting interest or meets.

haven't found that elusive partner yet but that's due to me not clicking with Anyone On that level yet.

It states how it is and I'm not bullshitting anyone.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I get meets .

However I'd state my profile with it's dos/don'ts, is humorous as opposed to ranty.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"My profile is bossy and to the point. I have no problems with getting interest or meets.

haven't found that elusive partner yet but that's due to me not clicking with Anyone On that level yet.

It states how it is and I'm not bullshitting anyone.

"

well done

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I get meets .

However I'd state my profile with it's dos/don'ts, is humorous as opposed to ranty."

Oops I thought I was logged into my single profile

Reply privately

over a year ago

GG4

Of course we get messages from the stupid, rude ignorant single guys who can't be bothered to read our profile.

They soon get told exactly where to go.

They tend to get even more abusive when we ask the simple question 'Did you read our profile' so we have a new tact now. We simply tell them that seeing as they contacted us, send a face photo. Funny enough, guys don't get so abusive when we have that.

Even funnier still, none of it would be needed if they just read our profile.

It always comes back to that...

Reply privately

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"Agree some profiles can look a bit bossy....but it's the any hole's a goal profiles where they seem to have no preferences at all whatsoever which put me off more!

I had preferences on my profile. I done a thread about getting no meets and everyone told me to lose my preferences because it puts people off and too specific. Guys look like they open to anything but only because we don't seem to be able to put any kind of preference down "

How is that working for you?

Somebody sent me a message the other day calling me a nightmare and asking if I got meets. The same profile led to me being contacted by a man who now lives with me and keeping me in a manner I quickly got used to!

Don't let others dictate to you: every pot blah blah.

Reply privately

By *uppy ConquerorMan
over a year ago

dundee

I got the most interest when my profile was completely blank. I guess it saved people time reading it so they had more time to talk.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"GG4

Of course we get messages from the stupid, rude ignorant single guys who can't be bothered to read our profile.

They tend to get even more abusive when we ask the simple question 'Did you read our profile' so we have a new tact now. We simply tell them that seeing as they contacted us, send a face photo. Funny enough, guys don't get so abusive when we have that.

It always comes back to that..."

Or if you blocked single guys from messaging you. You just love telling guys where to go don't you lol admit it

Reply privately

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"More importantly to us, it gives a clear message to the people we don't want contacting us.

Actually though, we haven't been short of decent contact yet, so obviously it works just fine for us!"

Same here!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"GG4

It always comes back to that..."

So basically these STUPID people are wasting their and YOUR time, your profile doesn't seem to work and you have to spend time replying to THICK single guys explains the error of their ways. If only their was a better way of dealing with this

Reply privately

over a year ago

"GG4

Or if you blocked single guys from messaging you. You just love telling guys where to go don't you lol admit it "

Of course they do, it's a power trip, but hey, it's their choice

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 20/07/14 16:59:26]

Reply privately

over a year ago

Fuk Me....stirred it up a bit didn't you? As a single guy - yeah one of the unclean lepers of fab - i read lots of profiles looking for playmates, yep, i do look at the pics, be a mug not to after all, i'm not here for Blind Date, i also read the profiles, all the way through and sometimes a few times and often i think, oooo, hot, but, their profile chooses specific things and a case of, no message no wink etc, although i may fab a pic or two.

Point is though, how does a single guy get a meet? almost all profiles from couples demand no single guys - often with ranty caps crap .... its no wonder lots still try it on as end result, nothing ventured, nothing gained .... maybe the single girls should be off limits to them also which they don't mind taking?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Actually though, we haven't been short of decent contact yet, so obviously it works just fine for us!

Same here!"

The differences are, your profile isn't ranty and you meet single guys

Reply privately

over a year ago

Aahh, 1821, you are back again.

Us telling single guys who bother us where to go, does that come BEFORE or AFTER they show their rudeness by either ignoring or not reading our profile?

What relevance does it have about us enjoying it?

Back to the same old thing;

Read the profile, no match just move on, no one has to say anything!

And we are so glad you finally see it from our point of _iew GG4, it is totally our choice.

Not anyone else's, just ours.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Aahh, 1821, you are back again.

Us telling single guys who bother us where to go, does that come BEFORE or AFTER they show their rudeness by either ignoring or not reading our profile?

What relevance does it have about us enjoying it?

Back to the same old thing;

Read the profile, no match just move on, no one has to say anything!

And we are so glad you finally see it from our point of _iew GG4, it is totally our choice.

Not anyone else's, just ours.

"

Exactly, anyway I am off to send you a message, why ? Because I can, would to be possible to read it all and send me a constructive reply please?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Bristol guy, we totally understand your point about how does a single guy get a meet, however if no one wants to meet single guys, you don't get a meet!

The point we will make though, is there are plenty of couples on here who will meet single guys, why not contact them?

We know it is hard for single guys, very hard, however bothering people who don't want them isn't going to get anyone anywhere.

Reply privately

over a year ago

We just got a message from a single guy on here.

Guess a few under aged boys have sneaked on.

Oops, maybe not physical age, but behaving like that kind of gives away a mental age.

Hope it amused you, we are pissing ourselves here.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"We just got a message from a single guy on here.

Guess a few under aged boys have sneaked on.

Oops, maybe not physical age, but behaving like that kind of gives away a mental age.

Hope it amused you, we are pissing ourselves here."

Nasty habit, yiu can get special pants for that

Reply privately

over a year ago

"GG4

So basically these STUPID people are wasting their and YOUR time, your profile doesn't seem to work and you have to spend time replying to THICK single guys explains the error of their ways. If only their was a better way of dealing with this "

Reply privately

over a year ago

Going from the mental age of the two single guys who have bothered us, you would know all about those special pants wouldn't you? From your mental age we bet you haven't even got out of them yet.

What's up guys, you getting bullied in School?

Sad.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Going from the mental age of the two single guys who have bothered us, you would know all about those special pants wouldn't you? From your mental age we bet you haven't even got out of them yet.

What's up guys, you getting bullied in School?

Sad.

"

It's terrible when yiu start loosing the control of your bladder, it often coincidence with the loss of your sense of humour

Reply privately

over a year ago

Or is it a case of they do not want mail, not they don't want single guys, rather they choose when and if? How can a single male be respectful and still show an interest? Not all who post the rant and display "no single men" actually mean that all the time as i have seen from meet requests they have posted on the site.

I hope i made it clear in my initial post that i do not message to meet them but may fab a pic or send a couple of lines to say i appreciated/admired the profile or posted images - spect though to some that is wrong to their way of thinking, but, i think my way, not theirs, after all, we all have choices unless others are chat police and deny them.

A lot to be said for respect for others but it goes both ways, offensive id's are not the answer imho

Reply privately

over a year ago

How come whe ever I get involved in some banter on the forums I guarantee the mods are all over it in minutes I'm serving time (48 hout timeout) yet this little spat is going the distance. If anyone wants this to end just give me the nod and I'll make a midly inappropriate comment and within seconds post will closed......

Reply privately

over a year ago

"How come whe ever I get involved in some banter on the forums I guarantee the mods are all over it in minutes I'm serving time (48 hout timeout) yet this little spat is going the distance. If anyone wants this to end just give me the nod and I'll make a midly inappropriate comment and within seconds post will closed......"

Go for it

Reply privately

over a year ago

I can't see why some people get their knickers in such a twist over things they have the power to control with message filters.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"How come whe ever I get involved in some banter on the forums I guarantee the mods are all over it in minutes I'm serving time (48 hout timeout) yet this little spat is going the distance. If anyone wants this to end just give me the nod and I'll make a midly inappropriate comment and within seconds post will closed......"

I don't think anyone said anything particularly harsh. Can't see where any rules have been broken

Reply privately

over a year ago

If you're on a timeout how come you are posting in the forum.......confused here

Reply privately

over a year ago

We for one are certainly not getting our knickers in a twist.

Our simple opinion is this,

Why use a filter, when a clear profile should be enough. Should we all not have a profile and just filter out who we don't want? Is that how it should be?

Problem is, on here, some people lose all their manners and respect for others choices.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"We for one are certainly not getting our knickers in a twist.

Why use a filter, when a clear profile should be enough. Should we all not have a profile and just filter out who we don't want? Is that how it should be?

Problem is, on here, some people lose all their manners and respect for others choices."

True, but it is mine or anybody else's choice to message you, for any number of reasons

Reply privately

over a year ago

"We for one are certainly not getting our knickers in a twist.

Problem is, on here, some people lose all their manners and respect for others choices."

Why not just block those you don't want messaging you then you wouldn't have to write all that in your profile or waste your time reading/replying to those that you're not interested in? Seems to make sense but its your profile so run it in a way that works for you.

Reply privately

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

Thread of the month.

Reply privately

over a year ago

GG, of course it your choice to message us, but expect the abuse you will get as we never wanted your message in the first place.

Do you do that in real life? Inflict yourself on others when they make it clear they want to be left alone?

Let's be honest, we couldn't make it any clearer.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Guys it's my thread and I'm going home now so tough!!!!.........stomps out of park to have his tea.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"GG, of course it your choice to message us, but expect the abuse you will get as we never wanted your message in the first place.

Do you do that in real life? Inflict yourself on others when they make it clear they want to be left alone?

Let's be honest, we couldn't make it any clearer."

Tbh your profile wasn't clear enough, I thought you were just teasing or playing hard to get, or maybe i couldn't be arsed reading it, or maybe I sent a message for a wind up but the up shot is, I CAN, ITS MY CHOICE,

Reply privately

over a year ago

"GG, of course it your choice to message us, but expect the abuse you will get as we never wanted your message in the first place.

In real life do you go around ignore and glaring at single men who speak to you?

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 20/07/14 17:40:00]

Reply privately

over a year ago

Let's be honest, we couldn't make it any clearer.

In real life do you go around ignore and glaring at single men who speak to you? "

Ha ha, or shout at them for having immoral thoughts about you? The perverts!

Reply privately

over a year ago

In real life, if a single guy tried to inflict their attention on us when we clearly said we do not want it, it certainly wouldn't be a glare.

Maybe you guys should go to a club and try that...

Reply privately

over a year ago

On second thoughts, maybe you guys should go to a club and try your 'unwanted attention on couples' bit.

See where it gets you.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"In real life, if a single guy tried to inflict their attention on us when we clearly said we do not want it, it certainly wouldn't be a glare.

Maybe you guys should go to a club and try that..."

I have, works a treat, I love people who play hard to get, the big teases

Reply privately

over a year ago

"In real life, if a single guy tried to inflict their attention on us when we clearly said we do not want it, it certainly wouldn't be a glare.

Out of interest wound you ban single guys from this site and clubs, do yiu consider 'swinging' as being exclusive to couples ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

GG4, a sensible question deserves a sensible answer.

No, we would certainly not ban single guys from sites, clubs or anywhere else as long as they showed respect to others just as they would expect the same respect shown to them.

There are plenty of couples who come on this site, and go to clubs who are happy to party with single guys, and good luck to all involved.

There are however, those who don't and they should be respected.

Single guys and couples can live happily together, but only with mutual respect, which seems sadly lacking here.

But a factual tip here, not a personal dig, if a guy inflicted unwanted attention on a couple who clearly said they didn't want their attention, then if that attention continued, it would quickly erupt to violence, and why? Because of unwanted attention.

That behaviour is not tolerated whatsoever, and rightly so as it should not be tolerated anywhere and by anyone.

Same as you being a straight single guy should not have to tolerate the unwanted attention of a homosexual.

We have been to many clubs where there are single guys, and they are as decent and respectful as anyone else.

Why single guys on this site cannot behave the same way? It amazes us!!

Let us correct that, there ARE decent single guys on here, but we don't hear from them because they respect our choices. Not much to ask really...

Reply privately

over a year ago

"GG4, a sensible question deserves a sensible answer.

No, we would certainly not ban single guys from sites, clubs or anywhere else as long as they showed respect to others just as they would expect the same respect shown to them.

There are plenty of couples who come on this site, and go to clubs who are happy to party with single guys, and good luck to all involved.

There are however, those who don't and they should be respected.

Single guys and couples can live happily together, but only with mutual respect, which seems sadly lacking here.

But a factual tip here, not a personal dig, if a guy inflicted unwanted attention on a couple who clearly said they didn't want their attention, then if that attention continued, it would quickly erupt to violence, and why? Because of unwanted attention.

That behaviour is not tolerated whatsoever, and rightly so as it should not be tolerated anywhere and by anyone.

Same as you being a straight single guy should not have to tolerate the unwanted attention of a homosexual.

We have been to many clubs where there are single guys, and they are as decent and respectful as anyone else.

Why single guys on this site cannot behave the same way? It amazes us!!

Let us correct that, there ARE decent single guys on here, but we don't hear from them because they respect our choices. Not much to ask really..."

I am not reading all that, cba

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don't meet married guys or smokers which I make clear in my profile but they still message. I just reply with a polite message repeating what my profile says. You can put what you want in your profile but people will either ignore it or not read it, that's life.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Reply privately

over a year ago

mines to the point.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

If you give abuse in mails you are likely to be reported and given a warning.

Your best bet is to block the gender who you don't want mails from.

Another tip is to use the reply and quote so that everyone knows who you are answering.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

It is such a shame that mods can't and wouldn't put on the forum what people were banned for, as it is never the same as what people complain about.

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

a cracking read

Reply privately

over a year ago

Whoa ~ what a angst ridden thread this turned out to be!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I just avoid mailing bossy profiles...can't be arsed

Reply privately

By *ilthygorgeous1Couple
over a year ago

Oxford

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Whoa ~ what a angst ridden thread this turned out to be!"

I don't think its angst ridden, for the most part, at least on one side, it is a full on tongue in cheek wind up but some just don't get sarcasm. Im with View on this one

Reply privately

over a year ago

You're just looking for a fight... in your posts... in your profile... apparently also in real life.

'it certainly wouldn't be a glare'... hilarious.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Whoa ~ what a angst ridden thread this turned out to be!

I don't think its angst ridden, for the most part, at least on one side, it is a full on tongue in cheek wind up but some just don't get sarcasm. Im with View on this one "

Yeah maybe, not sure wind ups are always tongue in cheek tho...

Reply privately

over a year ago

Glad you have found it amusing.

Like we keep repeating, our life our choices.

Enjoy making your comments, however we will deal with things just as we see fit.

Simple really, don't read our profile!

Reply privately

By *3PKMan
over a year ago

south of england

Makes me think mine is not nice enough to the readers

I still get messages from people that have clearly not read it...

Reply privately

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

"Whoa ~ what a angst ridden thread this turned out to be!

I don't think its angst ridden, for the most part, at least on one side, it is a full on tongue in cheek wind up but some just don't get sarcasm. Im with View on this one

Yeah maybe, not sure wind ups are always tongue in cheek tho..."

It's the gift that keeps on giving. .....

Reply privately

over a year ago

Maybe you guys should go to a club and try that...

You're just looking for a fight... in your posts... in your profile... apparently also in real life.

'it certainly wouldn't be a glare'... hilarious. "

Was thinking similar... A very negative profile that I'm surprised many do actually read as I was fed up of the hate towards single men before it got to what was actually wanted, but guess we're all different which is part of the fun of fab.

Op... Some may read my profile and see it as being demanding or bossy, and maybe I am, but I have tried to keep it as light as I can with some positive notes too. I have also read many other single female profiles when I was looking for an mff with a fb and I gave up because it was bringing me down so hopefully mine is a bit better than those! I like to think it's possible to ask for what you want without being insulting to those who don't fit what you're looking for

Reply privately

over a year ago

I have dos and don'ts. I can be pretty bossy.

I get at least 3-4 requests for a meet daily

Reply privately

over a year ago

I reckon it's mainly due to the respondents failing to read profiles correctly causes the 'advertizers' to write in capitals to try & reinforce what they're seeking.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Bossy people put me right off. I suppose some people like it though.

Reply privately

over a year ago

People do it to discourage a certain type of person and in general most will get meets or they would change it.

Reply privately

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

People do it to discourage a certain type of person and in general most will get meets or they would change it. "

And yet yours manages to avoid it....

Reply privately

over a year ago

"a negative profile with lots of demands then a ps.. here for fun, no dramas...

hmmm avoid.. "

My favourite is a list of demands then at the very bottom...

I'm an easygoing person.

Reply privately

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

hmmm avoid..

I'm an easygoing person. "

Numbered demands?

I get a proper semi-on at a numbered list of demands, me....

Reply privately

By * Busty HotwifeCouple
over a year ago

Bradford

hmmm avoid..

I'm an easygoing person.

Numbered demands?

I get a proper semi-on at a numbered list of demands, me...."

They probably are very easy going, if yours the type of person they're actually looking to meet ie if you met their criteria. Their choice and they're clearly not desperate!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

hmmm avoid..

I'm an easygoing person.

Numbered demands?

I get a proper semi-on at a numbered list of demands, me....

They probably are very easy going, if yours the type of person they're actually looking to meet ie if you met their criteria. Their choice and they're clearly not desperate!!"

It's not what a person says, it's how they say it.

Reply privately