Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Do socials work and take place ?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi, I'm currently trying to hold a social gathering of like minded swingers in August on Saturday 2nd or Sunday 3rd (plug plug lol), afternoon or evening Cheltenham or Worcester and was wondering whether I'm wasting my time or whether these are a good idea, as there's isn't a great respond yet. I don't think one has ever been held in Cheltenham,correct me if I'm wrong, but i think it would be a great relaxed way into the scene what do you think ? Xxxx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yes they work but i think you will struggle as you have only been on the site a week and a lot will be weary of that

over a year ago

Pity, as I've been on before, but i know what you mean, and respect that. Xx

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Yes they do work and are a great way to get to know people. You could start small and just meet one or two socially to get some verifications.

over a year ago

Hi, thanks for your reply, i would be happy if there could be one or two people at the 1st one providing the were genuine and discrete

over a year ago

It's a bit too far for us but it sounds a great idea.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Hi, thanks for your reply, i would be happy if there could be one or two people at the 1st one providing the were genuine and discrete "

Now there's a thing. We have been to a couple of very well attended socials in a pub and everyone was genuine (how could they not be?)and discreet. Not one person turned up wearing their "I'm a swinger, fly me" tee shirt

over a year ago

Yes they do work...

Only if you can get people to come out...

over a year ago

Getting people to response seems to be the hardest thing lol

By *livia JulietWoman
over a year ago

Not too far away

Advertise and promote.

Start a thread in the events page. I would even recommend speaking to others who regularly hold these.

over a year ago

Is this in your house or in a club?

Don't thing I'd attend a social that wasn't a night out or in a club.

over a year ago

Hi thanks for the replies it would be at a pub, and also think its a great (why didn't i think of it idea), thanks xxx

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 16/07/14 10:41:05]

over a year ago

"Getting people to response seems to be the hardest thing lol"

Put it in the meets section.

Many people will be wary as your not on an established profile, you have been here before so your past friends won't have any problem verifying you then as that's another thing that will make people wary. This area is lacking social events so it's good your looking at organising something, you just need to be a bit more established yourself.

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

they do work... the better ones are planned months in advance, so it gives people a greater chance to arrange other things (i.e kidcare cover.... travel arrangements ect)if needed....

2 weeks for example doesn't always give people time to do that....

if you have a look at uk forum and see how far in advance the popular ones are planned... you'll get a better feeling for how much time, effort and work goes into them

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

A weekend in the middle of August with 2 weeks notice isn't going to get the best of attendance or interest.

Family holidays, school holidays, etc people just don't have the spare time, or money, the kids are taking it all!

Start small. Say you are going to be in x pub at x time, don't put it on a public forum though, send it in a message to those interested. If you do it on a monthly basis, eventually people will spread the word and it will get more people turning up.

over a year ago

Cool thanks for you pointers they're very useful i agree we haven't anything around this area so fingers crossed xx

over a year ago

Also always thought to start it small, then word of mouth maybe xx heres hoping

By *it of fun cplCouple
over a year ago

village between York and Hull

The first York social a couple of years ago was a secret pubmeet where those off fabs all met at a pub wearing a paperclip on their collar or sleve, worked very well and from there has gone on to be a very big well attended social event every couple of months. They all have to start somewhere but to be honest people are weary of single guys trying to arrange things. Good luck though.

over a year ago

Thanks higgi, i hope we will be that successfully one day, i think a pub is a good comfortable place to meet first especially if there are only a few people, i hope people can see passed a single male status although i know it will be a hindrance and understand there a lot of crazy people on here as well as genuine people big thanks again for post cx

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 16/07/14 13:01:34]

Post new Message to Thread