Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Verifications

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Noticed the ever increasing occurrence of clubs offering verifications to single blokes who attend their club, is this really an abuse of FAB?

Clubs advertising for men to pay to attend and then get given a verification along with the common occurrence of reviews by the men just doesn't seem right, one club in particular is guilty of this. Along with the fact they have a hoard of ladies who flirt and encourage guys to attend.

Are these clubs preying on desperate men who have no or little verifications just to extract money from them?

YES

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By *dventuroususCouple
over a year ago

sunderland

Cant say ive ever seen this.

Reply privately

over a year ago

There is a CURRENT advert on the forum that clearly states this....

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Is it illegal? ....No

Will some men go along with it?...Yes

Reply privately

over a year ago

Fair play I think, they have a choice.

However that club may well be swamped with single men, not sure how much fun that would be..

Reply privately

over a year ago

I am aware of the legality, of which their is no legal discourse, I am more concerned about the subtleties of using the incentive of verification to get men to part with money and if this is ethical.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I am aware of the legality, of which their is no legal discourse, I am more concerned about the subtleties of using the incentive of verification to get men to part with money and if this is ethical."

I think for some people ethics go out of the window for profit and sex

Reply privately

By *litterbabeWoman
over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

Do they really need a verification that much that they will go to a club just to get one?

They could get verified in a chat room.

Reply privately

By *ucky1Man
over a year ago

a straightjacket

Just a thought, but if single men go to a club, won't they get verifs from other people in the club anyway, so is this not the same as the club verifying them? Or do they have to pay for entry and pay for a verification?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Do they really need a verification that much that they will go to a club just to get one?

They could get verified in a chat room."

verifications from chat rooms arent good enough though i need to know if they have actualy met someone.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Clearly it can be seen by investigation that hosts, club owner, friends of owner are verifying the guys, again I refer you all back to a current advert on this Forum in the events section.

Reply privately

By *dventuroususCouple
over a year ago

sunderland

I think its been blown out of proportion, its hardly advertising pay to get in and you will definatly get verifications, its basically the same advice as we give to most men that post asking for advice to get verified, its hardly at the top of the ad saying come to our club and get a verification, mountain out of a molehill springs to mind.

Reply privately

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

If the people giving the verification have met the person then why shouldnt they verify them? Is it not the same as events/party organisers verifying people that attend?

If a single guy is willing to fork out the hefty charges to attend a club then I almost think he deserves one! Shows a bit of willingness as far as I can see.

Reply privately

By *dventuroususCouple
over a year ago

sunderland

"Clearly it can be seen by investigation that hosts, club owner, friends of owner are verifying the guys, again I refer you all back to a current advert on this Forum in the events section."

it doesnt look like the club are verifying them, what its saying is if they are looking for a few veris, thereby meeting people at the club and chatting, then maybe getting verified, think your looking a bit to much into this.

Reply privately

over a year ago

would they be giving them a good verification just because they have visited their club, or just to be nice.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"would they be giving them a good verification just because they have visited their club, or just to be nice."

Exactly!

Your point is well made....

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Clearly it can be seen by investigation that hosts, club owner, friends of owner are verifying the guys, again I refer you all back to a current advert on this Forum in the events section."

I think you have too much time on your hands...

Reply privately

over a year ago

"would they be giving them a good verification just because they have visited their club, or just to be nice.

Exactly!

Your point is well made.... "

Well have thought that before so from now on i wont be taking any notice of verifications from clubs.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Clearly it can be seen by investigation that hosts, club owner, friends of owner are verifying the guys, again I refer you all back to a current advert on this Forum in the events section.

I think you have too much time on your hands..."

Far too much time.....

Reply privately

By *eard-lincolnMan
over a year ago

near lincoln

I think the verification will probably say something like , this guy or girl came to our club and was a great person to speak to.

Not sure why you have a problem with this.

It's not going to read this person came to our club had a massive cock pleased all the ladies and then did a handstand .

It will be just to prove the person actually goes to events which is a good thing

Reply privately

By *ancs MinxWoman
over a year ago

Burnley

"Cant say ive ever seen this."

Reply privately

over a year ago

If a veri says the person is who they say they are and look like on a profile then thats good enough for me

The rest I can find out myself

Reply privately

By *ucky1Man
over a year ago

a straightjacket

"If a veri says the person is who they say they are and look like on a profile then thats good enough for me

The rest I can find out myself"

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 10/07/14 12:38:43]

Reply privately

over a year ago

Not sure where this is going, never had a verification from a club, is it only happening to single guys?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Shock horror ! Someone gets a verification

The world hath ended

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Shock horror ! Someone gets a verification

The world hath ended "

Says the lady tasked with drawing in guys to the club

As usual you miss the point entirely so I will make it simple

Is it justified to entice men to pay to effectively receive a verification?

Reply privately

By *eard-lincolnMan
over a year ago

near lincoln

The world hath ended

Is it justified to entice men to pay to effectively receive a verification?"

Check my newest verification .

Reply privately

over a year ago

The world hath ended

Check my newest verification . "

You club tart!

Reply privately

over a year ago

The world hath ended

You club tart! "

Hilarious hey

Reply privately

By *dventuroususCouple
over a year ago

sunderland

The world hath ended

thats not what the ad says though, it doesnt say "pay to get in and we will verify you", you are twisting it to sound like that.

Reply privately

By *eard-lincolnMan
over a year ago

near lincoln

The world hath ended

You club tart! "

Lol yep, I feel so ashamed that I bought my verification . Lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

The world hath ended

You club tart!

Lol yep, I feel so ashamed that I bought my verification . Lol"

You still owe me fifty quid mr lol x

Reply privately

over a year ago

The world hath ended

Lol are you on about the same club as before then seeing as you are trying to belittle me yet again on the forums ha oh dear

Reply privately

By *eard-lincolnMan
over a year ago

near lincoln

The world hath ended

You club tart!

You still owe me fifty quid mr lol x"

Ha ha come get it. Jaydees hasn't verified me yet so I want discount next time I come over

Reply privately

over a year ago

The world hath ended

You club tart!

Ha ha come get it. Jaydees hasn't verified me yet so I want discount next time I come over"

Ha ha maybe you best start a forum thread in disgust that you paid good money to get into a club and the actual club didn't verify you hee hee

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think it's fair to say that when anyone comes onto the forums asking how to get a veri clubs are the main suggestion. So I don't see how this could be wrong. It's just stating the obvious really come to a club chat to people and they might veri you.

Reply privately

By *dventuroususCouple
over a year ago

sunderland

"I think it's fair to say that when anyone comes onto the forums asking how to get a veri clubs are the main suggestion. So I don't see how this could be wrong. It's just stating the obvious really come to a club chat to people and they might veri you. "

exactly this, the op seems to be twisting it round to sound like the club is saying, they will take payment for a verification on here, I read it as an ad to go along have fun and chat to people, maybe even play and then you might get verified by those people you meet, which is what a verification is all about, just see the op making a mountain out of a mole hill, unless hes got some ulterior motive.

Reply privately

By *eard-lincolnMan
over a year ago

near lincoln

The world hath ended

You club tart!

Ha ha come get it. Jaydees hasn't verified me yet so I want discount next time I come over

Ha ha maybe you best start a forum thread in disgust that you paid good money to get into a club and the actual club didn't verify you hee hee "

That's a great idea. Maybe I can get some extra attention . Although if you were to show me around again I might let is slide

Reply privately

over a year ago

The OP has a bit of a vendetta against the club in question and a certain lovely lady, he appears to be a bit of a terrier about it and won't let it go, it's a bit sad really but fairly entertaining!!!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 10/07/14 17:04:27]

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The OP has a bit of a vendetta against the club in question and a certain lovely lady, he appears to be a bit of a terrier about it and won't let it go, it's a bit sad really but fairly entertaining!!!! "

I wonder where you heard that! Lol xx

Vendetta you say using a somewhat ancient dialect which in this case is misguidedly used by you as your not aware of the facts

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

If a bloke had a club verification I would think 'goody, a guy who goes to clubs '

As stated above by many people, a club telling single guys that they can attend a club to get verifications is not the same as someone asking for money for verifications.

I have a veri from a club staff member. Should I report him for abuse of power? He was an awesome shag.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The OP has a bit of a vendetta against the club in question and a certain lovely lady, he appears to be a bit of a terrier about it and won't let it go, it's a bit sad really but fairly entertaining!!!!

Vendetta you say using a somewhat ancient dialect which in this case is misguidedly used by you as your not aware of the facts "

Kinda do as you told me all about it

Reply privately

By *dventuroususCouple
over a year ago

sunderland

"The OP has a bit of a vendetta against the club in question and a certain lovely lady, he appears to be a bit of a terrier about it and won't let it go, it's a bit sad really but fairly entertaining!!!!

Vendetta you say using a somewhat ancient dialect which in this case is misguidedly used by you as your not aware of the facts "

it does seem like a vendetta, as you are making something that isnt there.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Clearly the previous posters lack of understanding of the OP has somewhat clouded there comments, if you read the OP it makes no mention of taking payment for verifications and that is notthe question that has been raised, so why not re-read and then comment in a rational and adult way.

Reply privately

By *dventuroususCouple
over a year ago

sunderland

"Noticed the ever increasing occurrence of clubs offering verifications to single blokes who attend their club, is this really an abuse of FAB?

Clubs advertising for men to pay to attend and then get given a verification along with the common occurrence of reviews by the men just doesn't seem right, one club in particular is guilty of this. Along with the fact they have a hoard of ladies who flirt and encourage guys to attend.

Are these clubs preying on desperate men who have no or little verifications just to extract money from them?

YES"

the ad in question doesnt say any of this, these are your words, thats why it seems like a vendetta, you are turning a simple club ad into something its not.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Noticed the ever increasing occurrence of clubs offering verifications to single blokes who attend their club, is this really an abuse of FAB?

YES"

NO.

The while point of clubs is to meet people, chat, flirt and if all goes well, play. Flirting on the forums and through private messages is (well I think) a kind of foreplay.

As for clubs and hosts giving veris, well the owners and hosts are the guests first point of contact. They chat and show the guest round the club, introduce them to people and generally keep and eye so really aren't they the best people to verify if the guest is genuine or not? The guest will leave a review if they have a good time. In general people have a good time at any club as except for a few exceptions it's YOU the guest that makes the night.

So the praying on desperate men bit...... I can't say much to that, we're all adults and know what we're getting into so really it's their choice.

Adult enough???

Reply privately

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

Any bloke that doesn't have enough sense to not go to the club if that's what he thinks is happening is daft.

Do I think that's what's happening? No! Lots of single guys struggle to get verified and when they ask for advice on here get told to go along to a club as that will help. What's the problem with any club saying 'come along and meet some people and get verified'

Reply privately

over a year ago

All points well made

However do you think a club should cajole a guy to go to there club rather than another to gain verifications? That's the crux of the argument isn't it?

Reply privately

By *dventuroususCouple
over a year ago

sunderland

"All points well made

However do you think a club should cajole a guy to go to there club rather than another to gain verifications? That's the crux of the argument isn't it?"

but again, in the ad you are talking about, they arent doing that.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"All points well made

However do you think a club should cajole a guy to go to there club rather than another to gain verifications? That's the crux of the argument isn't it?

but again, in the ad you are talking about, they arent doing that."

One does protest too much, strange

Reply privately

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"All points well made

However do you think a club should cajole a guy to go to there club rather than another to gain verifications? That's the crux of the argument isn't it?"

How do you 'cajole' a guy to go to a club?

A

Reply privately

over a year ago

Going to a club is not about getting verifications, it's about meeting people and playing.

Reply privately

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Going to a club is not about getting verifications, it's about meeting people and playing. "

Are the two mutually excusive?

You could argue the same about meeting in general - it's not about getting verifications, it's about meeting people and playing.

Yet people meet - and leave a verification.

Both in and out of clubs.

I really don't see the point you are making? Are you saying people who meet in clubs shouldn't be allowed to verify others? What about those that only meet via clubs?

Seems an argument for the sake of arguing. Or another agenda?

A

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Going to a club is not about getting verifications, it's about meeting people and playing.

You could argue the same about meeting in general - it's not about getting verifications, it's about meeting people and playing.

I really don't see the point you are making? Are you saying people who meet in clubs shouldn't be allowed to verify others? What about those that only meet via clubs?

A"

My OP and subsequent points are all valid especially against a club with a dubious business model who use various underhand tactics to drum up business which other clubs deem underhand

Reply privately

over a year ago

"All points well made

surely if a guy wants to go to a club he will. I don't believe that any guy is that desperate to get verified that they will pay to go to a club that they don't want to go to in order to do it!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Going to a club is not about getting verifications, it's about meeting people and playing.

A

My OP and subsequent points are all valid especially against a club with a dubious business model who use various underhand tactics to drum up business which other clubs deem underhand "

Do you know what? I don't care if I get banned from the forums, just fucking leave it. Your not making any valid points your trying (and clearly failing) to give a certain club a bad name because you didn't have a great time and nobody cared. Boo hoo. Get over it and stop chucking your dummy out because nobody agrees with you. Oh and fyi to anyone that cares..... I don't work there or even go there anymore!!! But I don't like nice, friendly people being slurred by some silly man with a massive chip on his shoulder.

Reply privately

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

A

My OP and subsequent points are all valid especially against a club with a dubious business model who use various underhand tactics to drum up business which other clubs deem underhand "

So this isn't an argument about verifications then?

It's a complaint about how a club operates?

If you, or other clubs don't like how a club runs it's operations then either don't go - or take it up with the club! Hiding such an issue in a thread about verifications seems both pointless and irrelevant.

And I've seen many a club offer to verify it's guests. It makes perfect sense - both in terms of a 'business' model and simple common courtesy!

I'm less confused about the thread now though.

A

Reply privately

over a year ago

No need for confusion

I just find it underhand to advertise on here to say come to our club and get verified!

I wouldn't go back to that club so I don't care, I go twice weekly to other clubs and have fun, just don't wish upon other guys that they get taken in by the latest tactic, as seems many have sussed there other tactics as listed on the forum

Reply privately

over a year ago

A

My OP and subsequent points are all valid especially against a club with a dubious business model who use various underhand tactics to drum up business which other clubs deem underhand

Do you know what? I don't care if I get banned from the forums, just fucking leave it. Your not making any valid points your trying (and clearly failing) to give a certain club a bad name because you didn't have a great time and nobody cared. Boo hoo. Get over it and stop chucking your dummy out because nobody agrees with you. Oh and fyi to anyone that cares..... I don't work there or even go there anymore!!! But I don't like nice, friendly people being slurred by some silly man with a massive chip on his shoulder."

Grow up, I haven't slurred anyone I am merely pointing out my observation and clearly you have a massive chip on your shoulder as your unable to engage in meaningful dialogue, I'm sure more people would vouch for me as a stand up guy than ever vouch for you.

Reply privately

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"No need for confusion

I just find it underhand to advertise on here to say come to our club and get verified!

I wouldn't go back to that club so I don't care, I go twice weekly to other clubs and have fun, just don't wish upon other guys that they get taken in by the latest tactic, as seems many have sussed there other tactics as listed on the forum"

Clubs advertise. It's what businesses do!

If as part of that advertising they state they are happy to verify guests - where's the issue? I doubt they would verify someone who caused trouble, got d*unk, abused others or offended other guests.

I'm struggling to see an issue here - and as I said before - if clubs AREN'T doing this already then they seriously need to re-evaluate their business model.

Visible advertising and a public statement that a club is happy to give verifications is hardly underhand! It couldn't get more public!!

A

Reply privately

over a year ago

A

Do you know what? I don't care if I get banned from the forums, just fucking leave it. Your not making any valid points your trying (and clearly failing) to give a certain club a bad name because you didn't have a great time and nobody cared. Boo hoo. Get over it and stop chucking your dummy out because nobody agrees with you. Oh and fyi to anyone that cares..... I don't work there or even go there anymore!!! But I don't like nice, friendly people being slurred by some silly man with a massive chip on his shoulder.

Grow up, I haven't slurred anyone I am merely pointing out my observation and clearly you have a massive chip on your shoulder as your unable to engage in meaningful dialogue, I'm sure more people would vouch for me as a stand up guy than ever vouch for you."

Really???

Reply privately

over a year ago

Not nice when people who don't know you accuse you of actions is it?

Enough bye bye xxxx

Reply privately

By *andyMooCouple
over a year ago

bedford

Let's be fair.

Single men get a tough ride on fab. I think it's admirable that the club are offering to offer a vari to people if they behave well and show respect for people and rules.

They are not breaking any rules or doing anything immoral.

Yes I am biased as we are associated with the club in question as is the op as he has his own vendetta against the club.

But if this was any other club I would still think this is an admirable move.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Nothing to do with it, I didn't bring it up, others just used my issue with a certain club to blow smoke over what I think us a genuine issue

Sandy moo FYI I reported the owners threats to the police x

Reply privately

By *dventuroususCouple
over a year ago

sunderland

"All points well made

but again, in the ad you are talking about, they arent doing that.

One does protest too much, strange"

I am not protesting, I am commenting on a public forum, actually on a thread that makes no sense, for the recored I am not affiliated to the club in anyway, I have never been, I live nowhere near it, and I have no plans to go to it, but I read your post, read the ad you referred to, and cant see where anyone is advertising verifications for cash, or cajoling men into paying to attend in order to get verifications, its simply an ad for a club night that states there is a good chance you can get verifications while you are there, you and your agenda are trying to turn it into something its not.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Nothing to do with it, I didn't bring it up, others just used my issue with a certain club to blow smoke over what I think us a genuine issue

Sandy moo FYI I reported the owners threats to the police x"

No, it was because nobody agrees with you

Reply privately

over a year ago

Sandy moo

You say I have an agenda have I no right to reply? Have I not the right to explain why you think I have an agenda? X

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Nothing to do with it, I didn't bring it up, others just used my issue with a certain club to blow smoke over what I think us a genuine issue

No, it was because nobody agrees with you"

I don't care who agree or disagrees with me.

Reply privately

over a year ago

No, it was because nobody agrees with you

I don't care who agree or disagrees with me."

I didn't say you did I was just observing that nobody agrees with you

Reply privately

over a year ago

YES"

Never seen these ads from CLUBS.

Verifications after MEETING at a club be it owners or guests is still meet verifying.

Guys are not forced to do this.

Really don't see any problem at all.

Your upset by this so vote with your feet and move on your not forced to go.

If it is such an awful business model the business won't last long.

We love clubs, we have no expectations. Maybe your expectations are too high.

Reply privately

over a year ago

There are more important things in life to worry about,OP sort your issues out with the club directly or the relevant authorites,its beyond childish now as you did the same thing a while ago about the same club

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

The posts I removed seem to be that you have an issue with the club itself....the best thing to do is speak to them rather than put serious allegations on here.

( the subject in the post is not allowed on the forum )

Reply privately