Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

abit of advice needed pretty please

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

i am haven hectic week lately i have 110 things on my mind most of which are not important but it has major strain on my sleep pattern haven got any sleep in about 36 hours and i feel down and not intrested in anything or anyone has anybody have this experience i dont have major problems in life in fact i have an easy sort of a life bar from that im unemployed i do a few shifts here on there so like i dont have any work related stress etc any advice would be great thanks fellow fabbers

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The more you worry the more it gets . . It's all about re learning what relaxation feels like. I am a reflexologist if you message me can give you some advice which will helpmx x

over a year ago

Try writing then all down, sometimes there is actually less than you think

Getting them on paper, subconsciously may help at that moment to get them out of your mind, helping you to sleep at that moment

Seeing them as a list, will help you categorise them in priority and then help you tackle each issue one by one

Also try some exercise to tire yourself out, running or just walking outdoors, get some fresh air, exercising will help story sleep

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

go for a really good walk.... I bet you feel better afterwards.

exercise makes a huge difference

good luck

over a year ago

Don't drink anything with caffeine in

over a year ago

i have tryed exerise to burn of the engery an get things off mind and still no joy its like if my eyes just dont want to shut then when they do my brain kicks in its weird i have never felt like it before and im not shy too go to the doctor incase its just some thing silly which most likey it is

over a year ago

"The more you worry the more it gets . . It's all about re learning what relaxation feels like. I am a reflexologist if you message me can give you some advice which will helpmx x"

cheers guys and thank u so much for your help thats very kind x

By *ast_jjMan
over a year ago

Dublin and London

"i am haven hectic week lately i have 110 things on my mind most of which are not important but it has major strain on my sleep pattern haven got any sleep in about 36 hours and i feel down and not intrested in anything or anyone has anybody have this experience i dont have major problems in life in fact i have an easy sort of a life bar from that im unemployed i do a few shifts here on there so like i dont have any work related stress etc any advice would be great thanks fellow fabbers"
No caffeine before you go to bed, go for a run or walk should help and maybe a massage before bed to try relax. Or there may be something medical underneath it so a visit to the GP might be worth a go. Hope this helps and it gets better soon. J x

over a year ago

I regularly go through bouts of insomnia and times where the mind just doesnt shut down. There comes a time when the body catches up.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

A walk is a good idea. Try and notice something that you've never seen before. Exercise is good for your brain as well as your body. Lists are also good, pros and cons, make a goal and do a plan to get it, organize your house and get rid of junk, redecorate, redesign, do something different. If you keep busy during the day, you may sleep better and feel better.

over a year ago

There is some very good advice on this thread though... best of luck xx

over a year ago

"There is some very good advice on this thread though... best of luck xx"

i know and thank u

over a year ago

thank you guys and not forgetting the ones who pm me also you guys wonderful

By *airy_HettyWoman
over a year ago

Greater London

Do you have much time for 'you' at all. Not being on 'Mummy' duty or any other type of 'duty'?

Are you eating healthy?

Have you got a support network of family or friends who can help at all?

It's good that you recognise you are having problems but I do think you definitely should visit your GP asap. This could be the start of more serious problems and if professional advice is sought as early as possible the better the outcome generally.

Hopefully you feel better soon. Take care of yourself because your child needs you and needs you happy and healthy.

over a year ago

This is gonna sound stupid. But if your bodys tired but your brain is keeping you awake you need to tire out your brain. Try something like reading.

Something to engage your brain but not to the extent that you have yo think about it. Ficyion is good because u will mentally image the story without needing to actively think about it

over a year ago

we have no commitments at all so no kids bar from baby sitting now an again which we both love we try our best to eat healty though we dont have 3 meals a day its mostly 2 breakfast and dinner maybe a snack at night well we have our time an always had our time again which we enjoy so thats what im saying theres noting at all thats causing extra stress on us we live alone so no one there with us just us 2 we did have a bad year with are old propert we where renting that destoryed our belongings cause of dampness but we got over that an bought new stuff an the apartment where in now is great so i dunno i forgot too say that i did grow up without a mam&dad an i suffered from panic attacks but i know this is not a form of panic as im not panicing and im use too them

over a year ago

routine is very important for maintaining mood, at the very least regarding sleep.

otherwise exercise is a very good way to quickly bring your mood and energy back to normal/above normal. but 99% of people never take that advice.

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

try keeping a notepad beside your bed. Jot down everything that you are thinking about, whether it is rambles, things you need to do, things you need to say or ideas you may have.

It'll hep you get them out of your mind, tire you out and be able to return to them should you wish

By *eryBigGirlWoman
over a year ago

East Yorkshire

Learn to meditate there's lots of info on the web. It works wonders for me as I used to go nights without sleep from not switching off from a highly stressful job. Also looking at the stuff you put about your background maybe some counselling might be worth a try? Good luck xx

over a year ago

Watch points of _iew or listen to shipping forecast works for me

By *ensual temptressWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

Awful when your minds racing and you're shattered ! Try things like no TV or laptops or mobiles etc hour before bed .Even better if you ensure nothing like that in your bedroom when your going to bed too. Some great books about relation and mediation techniques. My father swears by yoga for not only helping physical but for training the mind to slow down and switch off .so maybe try that as well as the other great suggestions on the thread . Hope you get find what works for you x

over a year ago

"Learn to meditate there's lots of info on the web. It works wonders for me as I used to go nights without sleep from not switching off from a highly stressful job. Also looking at the stuff you put about your background maybe some counselling might be worth a try? Good luck xx"

counselling i have done and tbh it didin help me i prefared talking to the mother in law whos a nurse and that worked a wonder for me but the counseller never did i think its just over thinking and over worrying about the little things thats catching me

over a year ago

"Learn to meditate there's lots of info on the web. It works wonders for me as I used to go nights without sleep from not switching off from a highly stressful job. Also looking at the stuff you put about your background maybe some counselling might be worth a try? Good luck xx

counselling i have done and tbh it didin help me i prefared talking to the mother in law whos a nurse and that worked a wonder for me but the counseller never did i think its just over thinking and over worrying about the little things thats catching me "

go for a run. the human body is not meant to be idle, if it is the brain thinks theres something wrong. its why pretty much the first line treatment for most depression is exercise.

a nice big shot of natural antidepressants, mood enhancers and sets you up with a good appetite and a spike in melanin to help you sleep after.

over a year ago

finally got some sleep went for a lie down at around 10am and just woke up there an hour ago feeling a little better thanks though everybody who gave there advice an tips ur the best xxxx

By *oulou45Woman
over a year ago

Bucks

Night Time is the worse time for your mind to start thinking. It is worth seeing your gp to make sure there are no underlined problems

Im a very bad sleeper so if Im having problems I try not to use the Internet or watch tv. Then over a course of a week I will use nytol. They are only for short term use. Also a nice bath with lavender in it. X

over a year ago

Diazapam! Just tell your doc you have a huge phobia of flying and they prescribe 10 2mg tablets.

over a year ago

"Diazapam! Just tell your doc you have a huge phobia of flying and they prescribe 10 2mg tablets."

They do nothing for me,they are a muscle relaxant

over a year ago

Fill a glass with water and take an effervescent vitamin c tablet. Hold the tablet while you think of what's on your mind. When you've done that, drop the tablet in the glass and watch your worries dissolve in front of your eyes. I know it sounds crazy....it might help

By *r ManxMan
over a year ago

NeverWhere

google mindfulness their are lots of courses and books and downloads also try yoga and relaxation techniques

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"google mindfulness their are lots of courses and books and downloads also try yoga and relaxation techniques "

I am a big advocate of this. It really helped me a while back and still does

By *airy_HettyWoman
over a year ago

Greater London

Please don't take tablets unless you actually need them. Some are actually harder to come of than heroin.

over a year ago

Thanks everybody i went too my doctor and he said its stress that is causing me to be depressed without me even knowing thats why i cannot swich of at night as im worrying an stressing over the smallest things so he has put me on lexapro but i have bin reading up on them and there quite addictive and some major side affects so i dont no if il take them or not im going back on thuraday for a check up so il know more then till then im not gonna take the lexapro i dont wanna end up twice as bad

By *heScotandthegirlCouple
over a year ago

London & Edinburgh

Hope things work out for you.

I suffer with insomnia and it really isn't any fun.

Take care

Ruby x

over a year ago

"Hope things work out for you.

I suffer with insomnia and it really isn't any fun.

Take care

Ruby x"

thanks for that hun xx

over a year ago

I was just catching up on your thread, forgive the message, hoping things are getting better. Stress affects the body and mind in so many different ways. Take care

By *urvy_J3Woman
over a year ago

Bradford

I suffer with depression and it has effect my sleep in the past why not try bit of sleep hygiene hot milky drink and bath before bed at the same time of night if you can. Hopefully in time your brain will get used to sleep at that time also try some relaxation apps or deep sleep apps on your phone.

With the tablets I have had sleepers before they do work but after so long they stop so you need a higher dose and so on my advice would be only take 1 if you really need it if you go a night or 2 with no sleep at all. As for the side effects I experienced bad taste in the mouth and felt quite groggy the day after.

If you do have 1 go to bed straight away as they are only designed to get you to sleep not stay asleep so if your not asleep after 2 to 4 hours then they will ware off also you may feel slightly dizzy and sick when you 1st take them.

Sorry for the long post feel free to message of you need anymore advice on anything.

Hope you get sorted and chin up xx

By *airy_HettyWoman
over a year ago

Greater London

I happen to know the practices in your area. I hope you are at a 'good practice' rather than at the top of the hill!

If you understand what I am saying without me being too obvious , if at the top of the hill I suggest you change ASAP.

Post new Message to Thread