Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

getting back into the game after having children

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

We want to hear from those who were in a similar position.

We just had our second child and were wondering how long it usually takes people to start swinging again. Obviously everyone is different and has different circumstances but it would be nice to hear from people who have been there and done that.

Thanks guys x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

Still doing it here. Finding the time is most difficult, much easier if you have good babysitters.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Our baby is just 5months and were just finding our feet again but have to accept that we can no longer do spur of the moment meets which is fine.

I guess in time it May get easier but right now were enjoying a different lifestyle as a new family.

MissD

By *achnrandyCouple
over a year ago

Ascot

We have an 8 month old and are keen to get back out there but how???? We don't want her left overnight, Eurekas in Kent is a to do but planning is the thing

over a year ago

We are only just strting to get back into it now and ours are 4 and 6. The biggest problem is finding the time.. Our boy(4year old) is not a good sleeper so we cannot have people back to ours, unless we get them away for the night.

The other issue is we tend to like a social first, but if we all click it could be weeks and weeks before we get the chance to meet again.

We do say on our profile we cannot do last minute meets, but everyones definition of last minute is different. We get plenty of offers but cannot take them up on them as we just cannot sort babysitters at the drop of a hat..

It is hard work, but i think when you do get to play it is all the more fun...

Clubs are a no go for us as they are just that too far away from us and we worry that if we need to get home quickly we are not just 5 minutes up the road....

By *uckandbunnyCouple
over a year ago

In your bed

It really depends on the reasoning behind the post. There is nothing to stop anyone who wants to getting into the swing of things.

By that I mean, is it a matter of motivation or just the practicalities.

Motivations can change after child birth. Hormones and priorities can change, the wife's libido dropped off a shelf after our second child, but was pretty unaffected after our first. Her motivation took from months to years to return.

If it's a practical issue, babysitters are key. Ones that are willing and ones that you trust and the two don't necessarily match. Also the more kids you have the harder it is to get a sitter.

In the end though if both of you still want to swing, then it's about taking the opportunities when they come. Planning can be tricky, due to kids not wanting a childminder, sickness, childminders backing out. Which is why we tend to go with clubs, because it means we are not letting people down and they don't feel they have wasted time with us if we have to make a last minute change.

over a year ago

We had just finally made up our minds to start swinging when my wife became pregnant with our first child...so we put it all off for another day. Now our kid is 8 months and the most beautiful joy to have.

I joined here 4 months ago, just out of curiosity...and partially to see what type of people were into it in our area. We've had a lot of fun reading profiles and discussing forum posts. Been on the chat rooms once or twice too. But ultimately we're still juggling normal life too much to be able to even think about such a simple thing as a social.

Some people find it odd that we can't even meet up for a social yet...and we've had some truly sexy and wonderful people asking us to do exactly that...but our lives are just allll fucked up at the mo lol I'm guessing only parents will grasp quite how fucked up that really is

Things are slowly falling into place though, starting to find a rhythm, and beginning to get better connected with babysitters etc. Heck we might even have an evening out together some time soon

Patience patience....the swinging hour is approaching...just a little more patience

By *radleyandRavenCouple
over a year ago

Herts

"We had just finally made up our minds to start swinging when my wife became pregnant with our first child...so we put it all off for another day. Now our kid is 8 months and the most beautiful joy to have. "

How fast does your child grow?!

- Amy. x

By *rforfunCouple
over a year ago

Bedford

We stopped when we decide to start our family and are just getting back in to it we now have three and the yongest is two. It's just hard finding the time sitters ect. ......

By *uckandbunnyCouple
over a year ago

In your bed

"We had just finally made up our minds to start swinging when my wife became pregnant with our first child...so we put it all off for another day. Now our kid is 8 months and the most beautiful joy to have.

How fast does your child grow?!

- Amy. x"

Clever

over a year ago

Looking at your pics.....if you make the decision it should take you about 5 seconds flat to get your first meet....

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

I'm considering setting up a sideline of childminding for swingers.

I won't question you when you come home in ripped tights, shoes in one hand and questionable 'gloop' in your hair.

First aid trained. Totally responsible. Reasonable rates.

over a year ago

"Our baby is just 5months and were just finding our feet again but have to accept that we can no longer do spur of the moment meets which is fine.

I guess in time it May get easier but right now were enjoying a different lifestyle as a new family.

MissD

"

Same here, our little one turns 5 months this week and were only just getting back into it. Can no longer accommodate and all parties and meets have to be planned in advance. But it can be done. T x

By *lipperyWhenWet!Couple
over a year ago

Rochester

"I'm considering setting up a sideline of childminding for swingers.

I won't question you when you come home in ripped tights, shoes in one hand and questionable 'gloop' in your hair.

First aid trained. Totally responsible. Reasonable rates.

"

And you know how many baby sitter fantasies there are?

I wonder what you would get tipped?

over a year ago

Nice to see a different thread for a change, personally I started swinging after my youngest daughter turned 10, with older sisters as babysitters.

So 'popping out' on the odd occasion was not a problem. They had everything they needed and my phone number in case of a problem.

Post new Message to Thread