Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

does your heart sink when.....

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

You bother to reply to a message with a thanks but no thanks.....then you get another message...and another.......and before you know it you are having to explain yourself!!

This is why its easier to not reply if not interested

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I just block straight away if I not interested

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"You bother to reply to a message with a thanks but no thanks.....then you get another message...and another.......and before you know it you are having to explain yourself!!

This is why its easier to not reply if not interested"

No, cause I just don't reply, its not mandatory.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

No because I would justify nothing on here.

over a year ago

I'd always reply. If people can't take no for an answer then just block. If someone has taken time to write a message then it ms only manners. That said if you get a message saying"hi there" as I did earlier then it's hard to summon the energy to reply. I actually did respond with a suitable sharp put down.

over a year ago

I'd always reply. If people can't take no for an answer then just block. If someone has taken time to write a message then it ms only manners. That said if you get a message saying"hi there" as I did earlier then it's hard to summon the energy to reply. I actually did respond with a suitable sharp put down.

over a year ago

"No because I would justify nothing on here. "

over a year ago

"I'd always reply. If people can't take no for an answer then just block. If someone has taken time to write a message then it ms only manners. That said if you get a message saying"hi there" as I did earlier then it's hard to summon the energy to reply. I actually did respond with a suitable sharp put down.

"

you put someone down for saying Hi there? What is a suitable put down for that?

over a year ago

"I'd always reply. If people can't take no for an answer then just block. If someone has taken time to write a message then it ms only manners. That said if you get a message saying"hi there" as I did earlier then it's hard to summon the energy to reply. I actually did respond with a suitable sharp put down.

you put someone down for saying Hi there? What is a suitable put down for that?"

Thanks for taking the time to send me a message and by a message I mean 7 lower case characters and a space.

over a year ago

Thanks for taking the time to send me a message and by a message I mean 7 lower case characters and a space. "

I found that quite funny

over a year ago

Thanks for taking the time to send me a message and by a message I mean 7 lower case characters and a space.

I found that quite funny "

Thanks. I'm a bit of a twat.

over a year ago

We usually just delete

Unless I am feeling particularly benevolent that day

over a year ago

High fives !

By *ornyboy46Man
over a year ago

heatons

I like to get a thanks bit no thanks and never message again. If you don't want to reply just delete and I will get the message. If you leave as read and do nothing and will assume that you may be interested and I may message another time. Just my rule of thumb

over a year ago

Thanks for taking the time to send me a message and by a message I mean 7 lower case characters and a space. "

That's much better than my usual 'does this approach ever work?'

over a year ago

"

My words aren't copyrighted!

By *bony in IvoryCouple
over a year ago

Black&White Utopia

If we send a polite thanks but no thanks we don't wait for the whats , why's or wherefors... Just block straight away ... Sorted!

over a year ago

I tend to block immediately too as there's always a "Why am i not your type" message in the pipeline.

over a year ago

"I tend to block immediately too as there's always a "Why am i not your type" message in the pipeline."

That said your rules are pretty clear. Great mirror btw!

over a year ago

It is a lot easier not to reply sometimes. Got caught in the trap of a forced conversation many a time.

over a year ago

"I tend to block immediately too as there's always a "Why am i not your type" message in the pipeline.

"

I think that's why people frustrate me on here. Even if they read my profile, they all seem to think they are the exception. And thanks! I got it fom a thrift shop coz the stand was broken. So i just hung it on the wall!

over a year ago

"You bother to reply to a message with a thanks but no thanks.....then you get another message...and another.......and before you know it you are having to explain yourself!!

I think 1 reply if not interested and the respondent should respect u r wishes NOBODY LIKES A PLAGUE THAT WONT F OFF WHEN ASKED

over a year ago

My words aren't copyrighted!"

That's reassuring as already used!

over a year ago

"I tend to block immediately too as there's always a "Why am i not your type" message in the pipeline.

I think that's why people frustrate me on here. Even if they read my profile, they all seem to think they are the exception. And thanks! I got it fom a thrift shop coz the stand was broken. So i just hung it on the wall! "

I got mine from a place on Ashton Lane.

I don't have a six pack. I shall work on it and return in a few months.

over a year ago

"I just block straight away if I not interested "

Finally ... someone else who does this !!!!

over a year ago

My words aren't copyrighted!

That's reassuring as already used! "

Atomic high fives!

over a year ago

"It is a lot easier not to reply sometimes. Got caught in the trap of a forced conversation many a time. "

Caught in a trap, can't walk out?

By *bony in IvoryCouple
over a year ago

Black&White Utopia

Says alot really about those who feel the need to question Why? Etc etc.... We just easy going , simple people, but would never " beg" it from no one! At all! Makes me cringe some of the things i read on here... Maybe its just me?! ( mrs)

over a year ago

It makes me question them too. but the ones who reply with the nasty messages make me laugh. They tell you how hot you are then tell you they wouldn't want you anyway. Some guys just have very low self esteem.

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"

Huh, you're a single male on fabs and you put a woman DOWN for saying hello??

By *ohohoWoman
over a year ago

Up North

I used to reply to everyone. But now I have my filters on, the same people can now still message me as I was polite and replied. It's better to just delete in the first case I think. Yes I know I can block but I prefer not to.

over a year ago

I'm finding it's the unsolicited friend requests that are a bit annoying at the moment. Loads of them! Despite a ranty bit on my profile. When I've been bored/in a shitty mood/wanting to be a wind up merchant (*delete as appropriate) I ask them why send me one. Always the same answer - to look at your pics. They always get the same answer back

By *ucyfur77Woman
over a year ago

Pleasuretown

[Removed by poster at 09/06/14 21:16:42]

By *ucyfur77Woman
over a year ago

Pleasuretown

"You bother to reply to a message with a thanks but no thanks.....then you get another message...and another.......and before you know it you are having to explain yourself!! "

Having this problem too, soo frustrating!

By *ucyfur77Woman
over a year ago

Pleasuretown

"I'm finding it's the unsolicited friend requests that are a bit annoying at the moment. Loads of them! Despite a ranty bit on my profile. When I've been bored/in a shitty mood/wanting to be a wind up merchant (*delete as appropriate) I ask them why send me one. Always the same answer - to look at your pics. They always get the same answer back "

Me too, maybe I will try your approach next time

By *tillup4funMan
over a year ago

Wakefield

I don,t send messages any more saves me time and everyone else, people look at my profile if they like it they will message me if they don,t they won,t simples.

over a year ago

Had this very situation earlier. Chap messaged us "Hi how are you?" - "Fine thank you" - "Fancy meeting up one day?" - "Sorry not what we're looking for" - "OK thank you " swiftly followed by "What are you looking for?" rather than get drawn into the conversation...we blocked.

By *ohohoWoman
over a year ago

Up North

"I'm finding it's the unsolicited friend requests that are a bit annoying at the moment. Loads of them! Despite a ranty bit on my profile. When I've been bored/in a shitty mood/wanting to be a wind up merchant (*delete as appropriate) I ask them why send me one. Always the same answer - to look at your pics. They always get the same answer back "

I have just let them build up. They can't send another and they are easy to ignore.

Post new Message to Thread