Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

"Her/His pictures do no do them justice..."

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

...anybody else think this phrase is backhanded or unintentionally insulting?!... rather than a compliment?

I see lots of guys write in on women's profiles and it almost seems like they're saying "Oh they just look okay/crap in pictures"

Thoughts?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

I think a lot of people don't enjoy having photos taken so it can make them look awkward and therefore they look better in real life when they aren't trying to put on a fake smile/pose

over a year ago

I definitely agree that some people do not/do not think they photograph well (I am definitely one of those people!)

It's just the phrasing that sounds a little... off to me

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'm not comfortable posing for photos and I think a lot of people don't photograph so well but are very sexy in real life.

One way or another it is a saying that means your photos are crap though.

over a year ago

We met with a guy who looked okay in pics but hates having them taken so feels awkward. In person he looked absolutely gorgeous, so we put so in our veri x

over a year ago

I've met some men who look different in real life. A face changes so much when it's animated

By *iss SugarWoman
over a year ago

not far from Brighton

"I think a lot of people don't enjoy having photos taken so it can make them look awkward and therefore they look better in real life when they aren't trying to put on a fake smile/pose "

I recently met a guy at a party id previously passed by as his pix didnt appeal.. in person I was alot more impressed..so much so I got on my knees n sucked til he came haha

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

If I edited my verifications according to the phrases which are seemingly naff as stated by people on the forums, I'd probably not be displaying any.

It's a verification not the collected works of Shakespeare.

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

I have the opposite problem - I look better in pictures than in real life. I doubt anyone would write that on a veri though...

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

Unless you see a full body shot then it can be hard to get a good idea about someone!

That huge cock may look significantly smaller when not seen from the right, cleverly positioned angle.

Those mahoosive, pert boobs may appear both smaller and more southbound aiming once they're inches from your nose.

There may be less hair on top (or more below!) if the pic you've seen happens to be a year or two (or 20!) older than you thought.

That toned bum may suddenly grow once there's no zooming in or subtle lighting involved.

They may be 6 inches shorter than you thought - hence all their shots are of them lying down with no suitable objects in shot for size comparison.

All potential disasters.

But then again - at least a picture gives you an idea. So if there's none to see or if they're that badly taken that your can't determine an arsehole from a nostril - then stroll on by!

But if they've caught your eye enough to get you to the point of meeting face to face - you may just find that those pictures don't in fact do them justice!

And if the opposite is true.......

(There's always the light switch and blindfolds! )

A

over a year ago

Very interesting (to you all!)

I genuinely didn't expect so many people to come up with the defence (well, justification) for that kind of phrase. Definitely not a bad thing - just somewhat comforting to see that people aren't as offended as I thought they may be

over a year ago

i always think it means there pics arent very good.

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I look much less terrible in person

over a year ago

we get told often we look younger than our years and way better than our pics - neither of us like having face pics taken but i think its a common thing generally - but i will say we do look like us - unlike some we have heard/met - our pics are recent

Post new Message to Thread