Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

First messages- advice please

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Out of curiosity what sort of information do people want to hear or be asked about in their initial contact from someone new. I've read profiles and tried to take things from there that I am also interested in and try and talk about that or sometimes even used the generic "what are you into" where there is limited information on their profiles but as such I have very limited response.

I understand they may well just not be interested but was curious as to whether there was anything I should be putting about myself or my intentions to possibly gauge a better response

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Say something that proves that you have read the profile in its entirety & say something about yourself, send a face pic rather than a cock pic. Xx

over a year ago

Please note I shall ignore any copyright laws and copy.and paste any good suggested opening messages that may be posted on this thread - at least a zillion times

over a year ago

I always send a face pic too. Is there a possibility my messages aren't concise enough. I tend to keep them only a few sentences long to keep it short and sweet

over a year ago

I wouldn't bother . They'll only hurt you in the end

over a year ago

For us a better message shows you have read our profile. It conveys to us that you are speaking to the couple and not just the female and you throw in a dash of humour with a couple of decent pics.

over a year ago

What sort of things do you want to see in pics

over a year ago

Subject: sad news.

Message: sad news. My tongue died last night . . . . . Can I bury it in your ass.

Never fails. Alternatively use 'nose' instead of 'tongue'.

over a year ago

"Subject: sad news.

Message: sad news. My tongue died last night . . . . . Can I bury it in your ass.

Never fails. Alternatively use 'nose' instead of 'tongue'. "

over a year ago

"Say something that proves that you have read the profile in its entirety & say something about yourself, send a face pic rather than a cock pic. Xx"

Also make sure you are what they are looking for ,I've had a few messages lately from men who have read profile but are miles away ....not what I'm looking for . Good luck

over a year ago

It's easier to say what doesn't work: instant delete for one liners, cock avatars/or cock pics on profile, those that don't read the profile, obvious copy and paste, gushy your beautiful crap (you can't see my face ya knob!), overly sexual or just being a bell end. Avoid those and you may get a response - tho it maybe a thanks but no thanks.

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

What are you into, is an instant delete from me. And surprisingly, depsite my extensive profile I get asked it a lot.

Humour, fitting what I'm looking for and not calling me babe, is generally what I like to see.

over a year ago

Before writing a first message to someone make sure you READ their profile.

Nothing irritates more than receiving messages from people who clearly haven't bothered to read the profile first.

ps on the whole correct spelling & no text speak helps.

over a year ago

"It's easier to say what doesn't work: instant delete for one liners, cock avatars/or cock pics on profile, those that don't read the profile, obvious copy and paste, gushy your beautiful crap (you can't see my face ya knob!), overly sexual or just being a bell end. Avoid those and you may get a response - tho it maybe a thanks but no thanks."

over a year ago

"What sort of things do you want to see in pics"

Don't fall in to the trap of thinking one size fits all. What people like is totally individual.

over a year ago

Thank you for your advice. All good points and helpful

over a year ago

"Thank you for your advice. All good points and helpful "

My advice, don't bother wasting your time catering for each profile, it's time consuming and ultimately pointless. Copy and paste something generic, simple but not cheesey and blitz as many profiles as you can. Then you can decide who takes your fancy from the replies you get

over a year ago

But if your generic doesn't that defeat the point of showing you have read their profile.

over a year ago

"But if your generic doesn't that defeat the point of showing you have read their profile. "

Don't bother reading them if they waffle on and are long winded. Long profiles full of dos and donts and secret words are often written by self obsessed types who are not worth the effort, just get blitzing, it will save you time and get you results

over a year ago

It's easy to spot the generic but at the end of the day this place works on Aestetics (not just in the traditional sense) humour and the amount you put in.

over a year ago

"It's easy to spot the generic but at the end of the day this place works on Aestetics (not just in the traditional sense) humour and the amount you put in. "

Agreed, the opening message means nothing if their is no attraction, generic can work if you are clever with it

over a year ago

The first thing we want to know from a message is that they have read the profile fully. However because ours is long people never seem to get to the end lol

over a year ago

just be honest, send a hello? and reason why you sent a message.

you are not writing poetry to sweep them off there feet lead them into laughs or tears. lol

of interest there they will respond.

patients and no pressure always!

over a year ago

"just be honest, send a hello? and reason why you sent a message.

you are not writing poetry to sweep them off there feet lead them into laughs or tears. lol

of interest there they will respond.

patients and no pressure always!"

wow i suck at typing in bed!

Post new Message to Thread