Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Just say `no thanks`?

Jump to newest

By *unky-dory OP   Man
over a year ago

the kingdom

Is a polite refusal too much to ask. I`m finding that, when I reply to `meets` and meet the requirements request, I don't get a reply and find that they have `blocked` me.

Am I a sad git, or are people just too lazy or rude to respond?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

I ask this everything but no one answers me.

How would an inbox full of rejection emails help you?

Guys say they send hundreds of emails but get no replies. How would hundreds of 'no thanks' make you feel any better?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Many reasons people don't reply and many threads on here about it. Main reasons are people message back asking why, what's wrong with me, what's your type etc. Then there's the ones that think its acceptable to hurl abuse at you for a polite no thanks like in the space of 2 messages you've gone from gorgeous to a fat cow etc. If everyone was mature enough to respect a no thanks it would all be fine and dandy, unfortunately some aren't.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 23/05/14 08:03:53]

over a year ago

"Many reasons people don't reply and many threads on here about it. Main reasons are people message back asking why, what's wrong with me, what's your type etc. Then there's the ones that think its acceptable to hurl abuse at you for a polite no thanks like in the space of 2 messages you've gone from gorgeous to a fat cow etc. If everyone was mature enough to respect a no thanks it would all be fine and dandy, unfortunately some aren't."

By *unky-dory OP   Man
over a year ago

the kingdom

yes....would confirm I`m a sad git!!! lol....and I`d go away.

over a year ago

"Is a polite refusal too much to ask. I`m finding that, when I reply to `meets` and meet the requirements request, I don't get a reply and find that they have `blocked` me.

"

they probably can't see that you meet their requirements from your profile...it's not exactly comprehensive is it?

and I have to echo what evie has said...would you really prefer an inbox full of rejections...some more detailed than others?

over a year ago

"Is a polite refusal too much to ask. I`m finding that, when I reply to `meets` and meet the requirements request, I don't get a reply and find that they have `blocked` me.

"

You don't meet their requirements otherwise they would have said yes to you. When people write a profile or put up a meet, you can only really describe the basics of what you are looking for. There are so many other things that turns you on or turns you off in a person.

I don't understand why people would want to receive no thanks messages. How will that help you to get a meet?! By blocking you, they're saving you time in the future by ensuring you don't message them again so they are helping you.

crystal

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

How do you know you met their requirements? My profile is very specific, but there are 3 things I look for that are not on my profile. Don't match those, or clearly don't read my profile and I'd do the same.

Most women read the profile before the message, on reading yours I'd have no more clue about you as a person then I did before I read the profile.

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

You aren't entitled to anything on here, so get over it.

You decide how to spend your time, (by messaging), the other party decides how to spend their time (by replying or not).

Choosing to spend your time writing a message does not give you a right to any of their time. Expecting that is rude in my opinion.

You have no idea how many other messages they have or what else is going on in their life.

You may not fit what they are looking for or perhaps they didn't like your message. Maybe they'd rather spend their time on people who do interest them.

Do you waste your time messaging people who don't interest you? I suspect not, so why would you expect anyone else to?

Concentrate on the people who are interested, not those who aren't. And if you aren't getting any interest, take a look at your profile, photos and messages to see if they are showing you in your best light.

By *WcplCouple
over a year ago

Tameside

"Many reasons people don't reply and many threads on here about it. Main reasons are people message back asking why, what's wrong with me, what's your type etc. Then there's the ones that think its acceptable to hurl abuse at you for a polite no thanks like in the space of 2 messages you've gone from gorgeous to a fat cow etc. If everyone was mature enough to respect a no thanks it would all be fine and dandy, unfortunately some aren't."
hit the nail squarly and firmly on the head ..... Could not hVe been explained any better

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

We get into conversations on here with people and now and again they don't respond to our most recent message, we make a note on their profile and after a month block them. We don't think they're rude because we're not that bothered they're strangers on the world wide web. We only have a couple of friends on our list who we would genuinely miss if they stopped messaging us.

over a year ago

"

You're a sad git, sorry to say but I'm being honest.

By *teveanddebsCouple
over a year ago

Norwich

"

"

Well they are not lazy or rude

over a year ago

"

Well they are not lazy or rude "

By *dventuroususCouple
over a year ago

sunderland

Lose the sense of entitlement, no one owes you anything, not replying/blocking has nothing to do with bad manners or been lazy it is simply a no thanks, do you phone every bit of junk mail that comes through your door and say thanks for the offer but no thanks?, I very much doubt it.

over a year ago

No response = no attraction or interest, if people don't reply I move on, I don't get into a slagging match with them. And yes, I've had responses saying no thanks which is disappointing but acceptable of course, but my toys definitely stay in my pram !!!

By *tirling DarkCouple
over a year ago

Stirling

"

Did you not think that a search of the forum's would have been a good starting point? This topic has been covered countless times, at least once a week. It is getting tedious

over a year ago

Do some men not realize the amount of mail women get on here? We can't possibly reply to all of them. So we choose to speak to the ones who pique our interest. No offence is intended if I don't reply to some. But to be fair, I did not ask them to message me, so why should I be obligated to reply?

over a year ago

"Do some men not realize the amount of mail women get on here? We can't possibly reply to all of them. So we choose to speak to the ones who pique our interest. No offence is intended if I don't reply to some. But to be fair, I did not ask them to message me, so why should I be obligated to reply? "

This! Precisely what I was thinking; you ladies/couples haven't asked me to mail you so therefore I do not expect a reply

over a year ago

take the block as an answer - better than being lefting as unread/read but nothing else

over a year ago

"Many reasons people don't reply and many threads on here about it. Main reasons are people message back asking why, what's wrong with me, what's your type etc. Then there's the ones that think its acceptable to hurl abuse at you for a polite no thanks like in the space of 2 messages you've gone from gorgeous to a fat cow etc. If everyone was mature enough to respect a no thanks it would all be fine and dandy, unfortunately some aren't. "

By *awty MaxWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Agreed!

Got 2 abusive messages yesterday from a single man for 'not replying' and 'ignoring him'!!!

BUT...

I had replied to his first message saying ty but no ty...

And defo not losing any sleep over abusive messages

over a year ago

The other day I replied to over 80 message with a thanks but no thanks,I didn't have to as the vast majority hadn't read the profile anyway,but I was feeling generous,every response I received back was very gracious so big up to the guys xx

I did find it really bloody depressing sending all those no thanks out though

over a year ago

I've got to be honest. As a single guy it's not like I'm inundated with hundreds each day, but I still don't reply to all of the messages I'm sent. Just ones that interest me. I don't see it as rude. I just don't always have too much time to waste on here, so I'll just spend It on things that do interest me.

Post new Message to Thread