Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

timewasters

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

There should be somewhere where you can put negative feedback on verifications . After texting a couple from Cambridgeshire for 3 weeks including the morning of our meet we drove to a local hotel there way. One hour before the meet they text to cancel. They had a so called better offer at another club with a friend. When i went ask them why they blocked me.

How many other people would like a section to leave a missed meet or canceled at last minute.

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

How much did it cost in Hotel and Petrol?

Thats bang out of order I think and I dont really have any right in commenting.

You must of been fuming

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Couples are a myth!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

No thank you

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) that if you made arrangements via messages on here you can report them to admin as time wasters? I'm unsure as to whether anything happens, but I may do if they are serial offenders.

That really is terribly unfair, especlly if they knew you were travelling! I'm sure, like many on here, time is precious and meets are enough of a logistical nightmare without having a wasted journey like that!

Thankfully we haven't had such bad luck (yet) but hearing tales like this a few times is the reason why we prefer to accommodate at ours rather than travel! It sounds silly, but on the few occasions we've gone out for a meet (not including clubs) it's almost at bad as first date nerves waiting for that last text to come through to say 'we''re here!' and dreading either hearing nothing or getting a put down! Feel like a nervy teenager again!

Better luck next time. Don't let it put you off too much Xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

Nowt new on that subject I've organised a meet with a couple sorted hotel only to find they never turned up or blocked me .....yet us single guys get a lot of flack on here but couples seem to be the worst

Reply privately

over a year ago

There is already this facility in the report a profile section.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Oh....but no, I don't think a name and shame area is a good idea it's bound to be abused by those who can't take rejection. Stuff happens and meets do have to be cancelled or 're arranged for legitimate reasons. It would be just as unfair for someone to get a bad name because of a series of unfortunate circumstances

Reply privately

over a year ago

Shocking

Reply privately

over a year ago

Thats why I dont meet at hotels, either my place or the park lol.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"There is already this facility in the report a profile section. "

Plus, there are some people who would abuse such facilities and use them against people who refused to meet them.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Oh....but no, I don't think a name and shame area is a good idea it's bound to be abused by those who can't take rejection. Stuff happens and meets do have to be cancelled or 're arranged for legitimate reasons. It would be just as unfair for someone to get a bad name because of a series of unfortunate circumstances"

Was just going to say something like this. Although it's a let down and can be very annoying, there's only one side

Reply privately

over a year ago

If they waste my time they get blocked so they can't come back to say their Bullshit why they never turned up

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Oh....but no, I don't think a name and shame area is a good idea it's bound to be abused by those who can't take rejection. Stuff happens and meets do have to be cancelled or 're arranged for legitimate reasons. It would be just as unfair for someone to get a bad name because of a series of unfortunate circumstances"

Reply privately

over a year ago

"There is already this facility in the report a profile section.

Plus, there are some people who would abuse such facilities and use them against people who refused to meet them."

Totally agree. For this reason name and shame will never happen. I've seen status updates naming users as time wasters and when you check their profile they have many recent veri's, they obviously didn't want to meet that particular person. I've had abuse for a polite no thanks, these "types" of people would abuse such a system to get back at you. It would never work.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"There is already this facility in the report a profile section.

Plus, there are some people who would abuse such facilities and use them against people who refused to meet them.

Totally agree. For this reason name and shame will never happen. I've seen status updates naming users as time wasters and when you check their profile they have many recent veri's, they obviously didn't want to meet that particular person. I've had abuse for a polite no thanks, these "types" of people would abuse such a system to get back at you. It would never work.

"

Reply privately

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

Click on their profile, click on the report icon and click on the option 'Arranged meet, didnt turn up'.

Admin have said many many times that 'name and shame' is open to abuse and wont be allowed on the site

Reply privately