Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Let Downs

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Over the paste couple of weeks I have been let down twice by people not turning up on the night, and this has been by two different couples. One couple explained, which was fair enough, the other couple absolutely nothing. Has anyone else had similar problems? Or is it just bad luck?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

These things happen, best just to accept and move on

over a year ago

yes its happened to me quite a lot but not lately. i always say text me the evening before to say you are still coming or i text them.

By *ove121LustCouple
over a year ago

LaLa Land

It's Personality not personal!

It's their failing not yours - there's ok need for rudeness and not letting people know though x

over a year ago

You started a thread on the same topic two weeks ago and you wee given plenty of advice!

over a year ago

Only been here a few weeks and have had 4/5 moaning posts.

It's not insta~Shag

over a year ago

"You started a thread on the same topic two weeks ago and you wee given plenty of advice! "

that should read were not wee

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

You will probably get more accomplished at spotting those people who are perhaps not so genuine or committed, as well as structuring arrangements such that pre-meet confirmations are agreed.

If you have at least one phone chat, you can discuss and agree how all parties will confirm that they're still up for it, on the day - if you're arranging some days in advance. If you don't get the confirmation, or ignored, then you are spared the hassle/cost of traveling, as well as getting ready.

Be explicit about the arrangements, and send a confirmation message too. If you also do that by Fab, then there's a record here, should they log in again, after speaking.

This makes things crystal clear. There may still be some who have practical issues on the day, such as kids, work etc, but most people will respect you enough to let you know. If you only have a tentative agreement, then it's different, and these shouldn't be relied upon.

Otherwise, you can consider meeting near or at a club, so that you've got a back-up option. I think it's poor form to have a string of potential meets lined up for the same time, and then you'll take the best that works out: some may occasionally do that. It means that others get strung along, disappointed and have their time wasted. If you think that's happening to you, then refrain from getting involved with them.

over a year ago

"Only been here a few weeks and have had 4/5 moaning posts.

It's not insta~Shag "

Its not ??

Buggerit i'm off then

Gimp

over a year ago

"You started a thread on the same topic two weeks ago and you wee given plenty of advice! "

Its funny, I have used advice and tried to join forums and still get comments like this. Wonder why I bother!

over a year ago

It's not insta~Shag "

I never expected it to be insta-shag, I was actually trying to join the forum and get to know people. With comments like yours, I dont think I will bother....

over a year ago

It's not insta~Shag

I never expected it to be insta-shag, I was actually trying to join the forum and get to know people. With comments like yours, I dont think I will bother...."

Just join in the other threads,

That's how i started to get to know people on here and hopefully they know a bit more about me now

over a year ago

"You started a thread on the same topic two weeks ago and you wee given plenty of advice!

Its funny, I have used advice and tried to join forums and still get comments like this. Wonder why I bother!"

Joining in is one thing but you've started numerous threads complaining about being let down and not getting meets. That's not joining in!

over a year ago

Obviously you have to be in with "the crowd" to have an opinion. Huge apologies to anyone who thinks I am a huge pain with my "moaning comments".

over a year ago

If you are still on here in a few months time, You will think back to these posts and say i get it now

over a year ago

"Obviously you have to be in with "the crowd" to have an opinion. Huge apologies to anyone who thinks I am a huge pain with my "moaning comments"."

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"Obviously you have to be in with "the crowd" to have an opinion. Huge apologies to anyone who thinks I am a huge pain with my "moaning comments"."

Hi Dude

I can assure you I am in no "InCrowd" on here, good on you joining in the banter and keep going.

but a word of caution, be known for a positive attitude and you will reap the benefits as people get to know you....

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

good luck

By *parkle1974Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

I used to think some replies to forum posts were a bit over the top and uncalled for......but now I see them as light hearted banter.....

If you want a serious answer to any questions then this forum maybe isn't the right one to be asking in!

By *hyllyphyllyMan
over a year ago

Bradford

My 2 pence worth as a single bloke.

Don't focus too much on this site, you will either meet people or won't meet people. No need to get hung up on it.

I'm about to stick up a meet request for tonight. If I don't get any responses, I'll have a wank and spend the night playing pc games.

Life is really quite simple.

over a year ago

^^^ What he said For single men it's an uphill struggle as there are so many on the site. Socials and club nights are probably the best bet for actually meeting genuine people as opposed to meets advertised on here

over a year ago

It's not insta~Shag

I never expected it to be insta-shag, I was actually trying to join the forum and get to know people. With comments like yours, I dont think I will bother...."

My comment was an observation. There's joining in and there's moaning. I know which I prefer

over a year ago

The one and only time we wer asked to meet we got ready and our babysitter let us down :/

over a year ago

It's not insta~Shag

I never expected it to be insta-shag, I was actually trying to join the forum and get to know people. With comments like yours, I dont think I will bother....

My comment was an observation. There's joining in and there's moaning. I know which I prefer "

is it the moaning

over a year ago

fortunately no time wasters here - not got that far with them - few waited for a phone call that never occurred - think we have our radar set just right - or maybe we just lovely people

over a year ago

to be fair if you have had a couple of meets arranged at all in the last two weeks and you only been on for 5 - youre doing better than a lot of men seem to do - think positive

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 18/05/14 19:42:11]

over a year ago

For every one single female, there are at least 20 single men. So it doesn't take a rocket scientist.

Women probably can afford to use this site as their primary way of meeting men, but us guys have to go out in the real world and actually approach new people in many different ways. As men we have to go out and get it, it won't fall into our laps. That's the way it is, so you need to learn to take rejection, because every guy has it.

Ps you're not going to get many meets out of a forum post, but it's a laugh and is a way of being recognised.

Post new Message to Thread