Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Really really long profiles.....

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Be honest. Does anyone actually read them all the way through? I usually skim to the end but where they usually say "if you have read this far then please put 'titwank' in message header to prove you have". Ps. If you do read this post please message me with 'finger fuck' in title.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

never in a million years would I.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

dont have the attention span

To me they are sex snobs

over a year ago

Yep. If someone's bothered to put some effort in, I'll happily read through it all.

I read profiles before I read messages.

By *.nottsbloke..Man
over a year ago

nottinghamshire

if I have to scroll more than once then don't bother to read or message them

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I tried making my profile shorter but I wanted people to have lots of information on which to make a decision on whether or not to meet me. I'm always tempted to ask people to put the secret 'read ya profile' code as 'steve is a fucking sex god' so it appears in all my message headings.

By *adyGardenWoman
over a year ago

LONDON (se)

Depends if it is a good long one as some are funny and worth my time while others a dull and repetitive

over a year ago

I get told my profile is too short when I have a few lines.

I get told its too long when its detailed.

So I just put dirty pics up

over a year ago

I don't mind reading a long(ish) profile or even writing a message header if that's how they filter but the ones I would not message are the ones similar to an application form.

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Yep. If someone's bothered to put some effort in, I'll happily read through it all.

"

This!

It's a useful filter. If someone blatantly hasn't bothered reading to see if they fit our preferences - and of course we fit theirs (which many seem to forget!!) then do they deserve a reply to a message?

The number of times we get messages that include activities we have no interest in, are from people miles away asking to meet today (no distance filter available of course) or which ask simple questions that could be answered simply by reading the text (that's why it's there folks!) massively outnumbers the times a message shows they've taken a whole 2 minutes to read it all the way through.

So yes OP - we read profiles in full.

A

over a year ago

"I get told my profile is too short when I have a few lines.

So I just put dirty pics up "

over a year ago

Attention span of a grapefruit me. Seeing as some men have had people from the forum write theirs I don't take much notice of a profile

over a year ago

I do if they're engaging and well written, or if I'm interested enough to want to know more info on whether we're compatible.

Often, though the exhaustive detail in profiles leaves little in the way of initial conversation as much of it has been answered.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So I just put dirty pics up "

Oh and they are quite dirty lol.

over a year ago

I met a man recently who has hardly anything on his profile. Few messages on here,nice social at his,then great sex the next time. Words are just words to me

over a year ago

"Be honest. Does anyone actually read them all the way through? I usually skim to the end but where they usually say "if you have read this far then please put 'titwank' in message header to prove you have". Ps. If you do read this post please message me with 'finger fuck' in title. "

Some we do if they are interesting but the boring ones we don't its not the length of the profile its what you do with it that counts.

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

I've changed mine around a few times and so far have avoided asking people to jump through message hoops or WRITING SHOUTY CAPITALS! I'm still not 100% happy with it, but it's the best I've come up with so far. I hate scrolling too.

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

As soon as I see something similar to:

***DO NOT ....... ***

Thats it for me, I press the back button

over a year ago

I read every detail whether it's a message to me or a wink. Even if someone messages me a read good mail whether I am interested or not it would make me reply due to the effort

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 12/05/14 15:36:05]

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

"I read every detail whether it's a message to me or a wink. Even if someone messages me a read good mail whether I am interested or not it would make me reply due to the effort "

Messages are differn't to profiles though.

over a year ago

"Be honest. Does anyone actually read them all the way through? I usually skim to the end but where they usually say "if you have read this far then please put 'titwank' in message header to prove you have". Ps. If you do read this post please message me with 'finger fuck' in title. "

And I have read all your profile in the past as remembered some of the wit when I just looked

over a year ago

"I don't mind reading a long(ish) profile or even writing a message header if that's how they filter but the ones I would not message are the ones similar to an application form. "

over a year ago

Waste of time. People really have time,they should get a job as an editor with daily mail

over a year ago

"dont have the attention span

To me they are sex snobs "

Having standards doesn't make you a sex snob

over a year ago

So I just put dirty pics up

Oh and they are quite dirty lol."

You havent seen my swinging profile

By *ouncy BettyCouple
over a year ago

London

Do and Don't lists on profiles are drivel.. So we don't look at them and do remove them.. Now there's irony. X

over a year ago

If people find our profile too long then I guess it has acted as an effective if unintentional filter.

Like attracts like. If a profile is to long for your attention span then message the ones that do appeal. I find it weird and more than a little desperate that people admit to messaging profiles that aren't to their taste

over a year ago

"As soon as I see something similar to:

***DO NOT ....... ***

Thats it for me, I press the back button"

The reason women put do not ask me to suck your cock in your car is because men that can't accommodate think a car will do

By *thyorksCouple
over a year ago

ROTHERHAM

"Yep. If someone's bothered to put some effort in, I'll happily read through it all.

This!

It's a useful filter. If someone blatantly hasn't bothered reading to see if they fit our preferences - and of course we fit theirs (which many seem to forget!!) then do they deserve a reply to a message?

The number of times we get messages that include activities we have no interest in, are from people miles away asking to meet today (no distance filter available of course) or which ask simple questions that could be answered simply by reading the text (that's why it's there folks!) massively outnumbers the times a message shows they've taken a whole 2 minutes to read it all the way through.

A"

This

over a year ago

I love having a particularly long profile which means people who want to contact me, kind of get me and get where I'm coming from, if they haven't read the profile fully I don't think they get my humour

over a year ago

Always read the profile, don't want to pester people with whom I'm not compatible and, certainly don't want to meet people I .... well, don't want to meet I guess . Sexual snob? more a case of knows what they want I think.

each to their own

over a year ago

Ours is long and to be honest there is a lot that we have missed out, many who message us clearly dont bother reading it.

We do read everything that others write.

If someone has taken the effort to write a detailed profile then we will read it.

over a year ago

Its not the length that will bore me its the content,some people will use 600 words when 60 will do,or they sound like people I wouldn't want to meet on a dark night for any reason

I do read profiles but the majority of people that message me havn't read mine,thats ok though because im good at ignoring and deleting

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 12/05/14 16:55:54]

over a year ago

Ours is quite long, but there is not a lot of " don't do this, don't do that"

I always read through if a good interest is held, no point, not or when you message get did you read the profile.

Her

over a year ago

Ours goes on and on and on

over a year ago

I will always read a profile before messaging someone. If it's a long profile I might read it a couple of times

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"

This!

over a year ago

Mine is long. I always read profiles regardless of length

By *ovely CummingsWoman
over a year ago

Peaky Nipples

Mines HUGE intenionaly so too.

I believe we all find ways that suit us to use this site.

I read profiles, they form part of my decision making process. If all this make me a sex snob lol oh well I'd rather be that then getting jiggy with people I don't actually like or don't like me

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"If people find our profile too long then I guess it has acted as an effective if unintentional filter.

Like attracts like. If a profile is to long for your attention span then message the ones that do appeal. I find it weird and more than a little desperate that people admit to messaging profiles that aren't to their taste"

Nothing surprises me on here any more. I simply...

over a year ago

My profile used to be really long. But, still didn't get many messages. So, currently trying to see what i can do to spruce it up a bit and get some to message me.

By *ovely CummingsWoman
over a year ago

Peaky Nipples

"My profile used to be really long. But, still didn't get many messages. So, currently trying to see what i can do to spruce it up a bit and get some to message me.

"

I like your profile, gives a flavour of your personality. Age and location would stop me messaging

over a year ago

I never read it through.. it screams FUSSIE, so its a nono for me, I want short ones that says horny and want it now lol.

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

If a guy (I don't meet women and couples) ticks a few of my boxes then I am happy to read his profile. If the profile then lets me know there might be problems, for example he only meets blondes, or he expects the woman to turn up in a certain outfit, then its done its job and filtered me out.

Having said that, I rely more on messages to get an idea of the guy and sometimes the profile doesn't mention things that come up in those messages, like whether he's a loony or not.

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

Mine is embarrassingly long (you have to scroll before you get to my fecking name)...however, it works well for me. The joke filter means I ignore any folk that haven't read the first paragraph, site filters mean those outwith my age range can't message and I seldom (only once that I can think of) get abusive messages when I say no thanks (and yes, I do quite often say that, regardless of what some of my mates would say )

As I expect others to read my profile, then I proffer the same courtesy when I'm browsing and therefore avoid bombarding those looking for tall leggy brunettes with messages (I pass them onto Wyrd)

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

Yeap mine is long and I know it doesn't get read (most of the time), though that in itself is it's own filter

over a year ago

We just cover the most important part!!

over a year ago

If i like the look of the pictures i will take my time to read the profile,

Couldn't be arsed reading all the comments posted in here though

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"As I expect others to read my profile, then I proffer the same courtesy when I'm browsing and therefore avoid bombarding those looking for tall leggy brunettes with messages (I pass them onto Wyrd) "

I'm not getting them. Someone must be intercepting them along the way

over a year ago

I get so frustrated and on occasions stroppy with guys that have clearly not read my profile. It's not particularly long, it's not shouty and it covers all the relevant points about what I'm looking for, when I can meet & where, my relationship status and who I'm looking to meet.

I'd say 1 in every 5 messages I get have bothered to read it. I always read in full the profiles of people that message me, infact I click & read that before I read a message.

over a year ago

"Yeap mine is long and I know it doesn't get read (most of the time), though that in itself is it's own filter "

I use it as a filter as well

over a year ago

"Always read the profile, don't want to pester people with whom I'm not compatible and, certainly don't want to meet people I .... well, don't want to meet I guess . Sexual snob? more a case of knows what they want I think.

each to their own "

this

over a year ago

Its a MUST for me..shows there's a candle upstairs and a fire burning below, I can't imagine 'what' would be waiting if a profile said..

FUCK - NOW

but its choice as always and I certainly use it as a filter it says a lot about humour, conversational skills etc. for those just wanting a fuck a conversation is what you hear grown ups doing when they talk in between fucking, sometimes it involves giggling and maybe light stroking too.

Just enjoy.x

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"Its a MUST for me..shows there's a candle upstairs and a fire burning below, I can't imagine 'what' would be waiting if a profile said..

FUCK - NOW

but its choice as always and I certainly use it as a filter it says a lot about humour, conversational skills etc. for those just wanting a fuck a conversation is what you hear grown ups doing when they talk in between fucking, sometimes it involves giggling and maybe light stroking too.

Just enjoy.x"

Or naked chats on the sofa drinking wine

over a year ago

Our profile is quite lengthy. I don't personally give a monkeys if people read it or not.

In fact it may have been read by monkeys, horny bonobos hired by Sydney University.

over a year ago

I do.....I can read a book, so I can read a few paragraphs easy....especially given that potentially your looking at sharing one of the most intimate things that people can share with the author of said profile...surely you can spare the time it takes to read a short newspaper article in its persuit?

Seems silly not to spare what, four or five mins to see what someone's like?

over a year ago

I always always always read profiles carefully - neither party has time to waste and let's not get started on the chancers who send a 'hi, how r u' message... delete... block... Yes, it's all about sex and fulfilling fantasies but it's also about alchemy and lust. There has to be a start, a middle and an end for me and if the start (message), middle (great profile and pics) and end (fabulous sex) come together then all's well in my world

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

My long profile text is entirely intentional. Any guy who finds they can't be bothered to read it I can't be bothered to meet. After all, it really isn't that long - about the length of the average Sun article. Any guy who doesn't have the patience to read anything that long is not anyone I want to meet.

By *itSamCouple
over a year ago

Birmingham

This!

A"

We get messages from people who do not fit our profile at all but we also get some people who match us really well. Just met a couple who match really well. We all have crap spence of humour.

P.S. guilty of pretty long profile lol

over a year ago

To me they are sex snobs "

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"Be honest. Does anyone actually read them all the way through? I usually skim to the end but where they usually say "if you have read this far then please put 'titwank' in message header to prove you have". Ps. If you do read this post please message me with 'finger fuck' in title.

My long profile text is entirely intentional. Any guy who finds they can't be bothered to read it I can't be bothered to meet. After all, it really isn't that long - about the length of the average Sun article. Any guy who doesn't have the patience to read anything that long is not anyone I want to meet. "

I'm with you on that one!

over a year ago

i think they would be too serious and i dont like people who take this too seriously.

over a year ago

To me they are sex snobs

"

I would say it's less snobby to write or read a decent profile than just pass one by because you simply can't be bothered spending a couple of mins of your time to learn something about someone....nobody is that important and busy they haven't got five mins.....

over a year ago

I try to read long profiles, I really try, but rarely succeed.

By *rown eyes 8Woman
over a year ago

South Eastern Spain and Scotland

The reply to this is........Absolutely a No.....lol

over a year ago

A long profile full of a description of what a person thinks of him/herself bores me. Everyone writes the same. I'm nice,intelligent,love my nan etc unless something stands out as different it's like reading the same page of a book,over and over

over a year ago

Somebody read my profile once, I know they did because they told me it was crap

over a year ago

"Somebody read my profile once, I know they did because they told me it was crap "

The swine!

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

We will read any profile that is up to 849 words in length. It's a sign that they have something to say, and we would probably get on with them quite well.

If the profile is 850 words or over on the other hand, we block them without reading it, and report them to admin for good measure.

By *enny PR9TV/TS
over a year ago

Southport

I probably have one of the longest profiles on here, but at the end of the day it gets me all the pussy and cock I could want. It works for me as you can see from my verifications, so I must be doing something right.

Jenny xxx

Post new Message to Thread