Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Ladies and inbound messages

Jump to newest

By *lan43sum OP   Man
over a year ago

Leicester

A question for the ladies. When you get the number of mails you do I wonder what your way of dealing with them is. If you read a message but don't delete does that say anything?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I hardly ever delete messages, if I read a message and i'm not interested I just move onto the next one, mostly I don't even open them, I have nearly 400 unread messages in my in box, I just open the ones where the avatar pic or first line catches my eye, I tend to look at profiles first and if there profile don't match what I have stated i'm looking for I don't even read the message, but whether they are read or not I just leave there sat there

By *lan43sum OP   Man
over a year ago

Leicester

"I hardly ever delete messages, if I read a message and i'm not interested I just move onto the next one, mostly I don't even open them, I have nearly 400 unread messages in my in box, I just open the ones where the avatar pic or first line catches my eye, I tend to look at profiles first and if there profile don't match what I have stated i'm looking for I don't even read the message, but whether they are read or not I just leave there sat there "

thanks, hard for a man to imagine so much post. Would be challenge!

over a year ago

Not all of us get umanagable ammounts of mail,I use to but got fed up with it,since I set age and other blocks,plus a change in name to let people know what I like,I can cope with replying to every message,whether its with interest or a simple no thanku,I'm happy to say people do get replys

However it only messages I reply to,I rarely answer winks and certainly don't answer or accept random friends requests

over a year ago

My filters are quite strict so I don't have loads of messages anymore. I read them all and answer all the decent ones.

If I get silly ones at daft o'clock like now I just take no notice. I don't see the point of keeping any in my in box though, I deleted if I'm not interested.

By *ovely CummingsWoman
over a year ago

Peaky Nipples

I have just about every filter possible set so it's more manageable.

Even with them set though it can still get a little silly if I don't look in the inbox every day (which I don't, often I just read the forums)

I always look at profiles of messages sent if the message is a message (and not just a hi)

it's rare I answer messages the same day I read them, I tend to do a bulk 'thanks but no thanks) and ones I'm interested in can sometimes take me 2 or more days to answer. I've found this to be an excellent method too as some I was going to answer will have blocked me, I know if someone can't wait a couple of days for a reply they won't match what I'm looking for

over a year ago

"A question for the ladies. When you get the number of mails you do I wonder what your way of dealing with them is. If you read a message but don't delete does that say anything?"

It could mean they are not interested or they are busy and will reply later. Everyone uses runs their profiles differently.

over a year ago

Depends what is said in the first line (that we can see before opening), whether or not we open the message or how to consider answering it. Sometimes we view the profile first before opening the message too.

As a previous poster has said, by waiting a day or 2 is also another filter method. Especially when someone messages you 5 minutes after their first one, asking my you haven't replied!

P

By *p4funCouple
over a year ago

Plymouth

It can get a little annoying when people (not just males) x clearly haven't bothered to read your profile its never going to be perfect, we even tried to keep our profile short to help lol

over a year ago

As others have said I have all the filters available to me set so I get a reasonably low number of messages (10 new a day max).

I read the profile 1st to check a few things (height, smoking status, build), then I read the text and finally I look at pics and usually guess how many cock pics there will be

After that I open the message and 98% get my thanks but no thanks message, 1% get a sarcastic "so you clearly didn't read my profile" or "why did you ignore xxxx on my profile". The others I reply to and see what happens .

It is very rare for me not to reply to a message, but some are just so crass or crude they get an instant block & no reply.

over a year ago

I look at the avatar and the 1st line & make up my mind from there. If I delete without reading it's usually because I can tell they haven't read my profile & are not the type of person I am looking for.

By *lan43sum OP   Man
over a year ago

Leicester

Thanks ladies. You all seem very polite with regards to well thought out messages. The note about being bombarded by repeat messages surprised me. If I try t write again, even months later, I get a message telling me not to as I didn't get a reply first time. Do people ignore this Fab warning?

over a year ago

Really enlightening, its sometimes difficult as a guy when you seem to click with a woman or couple, get lots or quick replies and then all of a sudden nothing. The first response is to keep trying but from now on I'm going to play it cool - oh I just remembered when you do that you don't get a response either. Must be me.

over a year ago

"A question for the ladies. When you get the number of mails you do I wonder what your way of dealing with them is. If you read a message but don't delete does that say anything?"

It says nothing apart from forgetting to delete no reply says at that time someone isn't interested give it a couple of weeks before mailing again. there are only 2 definitive resonances one is ok lets chat the second is to be blocked.

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"Really enlightening, its sometimes difficult as a guy when you seem to click with a woman or couple, get lots or quick replies and then all of a sudden nothing. The first response is to keep trying but from now on I'm going to play it cool - oh I just remembered when you do that you don't get a response either. Must be me. "

Don't do that - always leave it a day or two and ask, just in case.

Everyone is different, but I am quite OCD about my inbox, I can't bear to have it full of unread messages, so I stay on top of them and delete as I go. But even so, I get overwhelmed and struggle to get down to the bottom of the pile of those I DO want to reply to! If I haven't deleted, I may well still be interested or at the very least undecided! Only deletion means no with me.

Post new Message to Thread