Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Copying & Pasting

Jump to newest

By *ocioSexuals OP   Couple
over a year ago

Lincoln

So a couple just viewed our profile and then messaged us. Lovely. Exactly what we're hoping for.

When we looked at their profile in return, they had copied and pasted - nearly word for word - a chunk of our profile text.

I couldn't believe that my own words were staring back at me!

Now part of me thinks Mr SS and I should be flattered as we've obviously summed up an area the other couple wanted to express. But the other part of me just thinks: wow...

Anyone else ever had something like this?

Mrs SS x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *horltzMan
over a year ago

heysham

Nope , as my profile is pathetic , you would have to have a screw loose to want to copy mine , but I see your point ! Its a bit wierd !

over a year ago

Lincoln

What they "wrote":

**we really enjoy the social side of swinging, and we do prefer a social meet the first time we meet a new couple, A drink, a chat, . We prefer to get to know people, their kinks, flirt a bit, and work out what could be fun for all beforehand

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"So a couple just viewed our profile and then messaged us. Lovely. Exactly what we're hoping for.

When we looked at their profile in return, they had copied and pasted - nearly word for word - a chunk of our profile text.

Now part of me thinks Mr SS and I should be flattered as we've obviously summed up an area the other couple wanted to express. But the other part of me just thinks: wow...

Mrs SS x"

at least they didnt cut and paste your pictures ! We have had that before !

over a year ago

Lincoln

Our profile:

We love going to clubs and parties, and really enjoy the social side. A drink, a chat, some play between ourselves, maybe more if the mood is right. We prefer to get to know people, their kinks, flirt a bit, and work out what could be fun for all beforehand

over a year ago

Lincoln

" at least they didnt cut and paste your pictures ! We have had that before ! "

That's just terrible!

over a year ago

don't appreciate a copy and paste x

over a year ago

"don't appreciate a copy and paste x"
snap

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I think if people put too much detail in their profile, it leaves it open for ne'do-wells to nick ideas and make themselves look like the perfect meet, whereas a little less detail will leave room for asking open ended questions in messages and going from there. it's wrong to cut n paste. 21st century etiquette.

over a year ago

"So a couple just viewed our profile and then messaged us. Lovely. Exactly what we're hoping for.

Mrs SS x"

We had the exact same thing from a relatively local couple...they winked us and when I checked them out there was a great swathe of our profile text looking back at me...when I checked again a few minutes later because I couldn't believe their nerve...there was even more! Let's just say the flea they got in their ear must have itched...because when I got friends to check it out later, it had changed to some semi illiterate paragraphs instead...

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

If they changed a few words maybe they thought they'd made it different enough to be unrecognisable as yours in which case either they're daft or they think you are

over a year ago

Yes a guy copied the entirety of my exs profile once

He posted on forum and I discovered it and pointed it out . He denied it until a load of other forumites took a look and agreed lol

Ex didn't care

over a year ago

Copy and paste i never do it

If they changed a few words maybe they thought they'd made it different enough to be unrecognisable as yours in which case either they're daft or they think you are

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 30/04/14 07:55:06]

over a year ago

Copying is the sincerest form of flattery but on here it can make you feel stalked.

over a year ago

Lincoln

"

We had the exact same thing from a relatively local couple...they winked us and when I checked them out there was a great swathe of our profile text looking back at me...when I checked again a few minutes later because I couldn't believe their nerve...there was even more! Let's just say the flea they got in their ear must have itched...because when I got friends to check it out later, it had changed to some semi illiterate paragraphs instead..."

I do hope it was you that put the flea there? I lodged a flea of my own and then we were blocked...

Mrs SS x

over a year ago

Lincoln

"Copying is the sincerest form of flattery but on here it can make you feel stalked. "

We don't feel stalked, just annoyed that it happened and it was so blatant!

I find it most disturbing that they couldn't re-summarise in their own words

Mrs SS x

over a year ago

Lincoln

"If they changed a few words maybe they thought they'd made it different enough to be unrecognisable as yours in which case either they're daft or they think you are

"

I posted the two paragraphs above and am going to go with your assessment that they think we're daft...

Mrs SS x

By *utmegsMan
over a year ago

Closer than you think

I never copy and paste; always write something specific and usually in response to a profile or status. I still estimate that 90% of my messages get no reply though, so I can understand why people so it.

over a year ago

Mrs SS x"

No but I would have seen the funny side and played them along for doing it.

over a year ago

I'd be annoyed I'd someone copied my profile. I tried to make it original and want to keep it that way.

over a year ago

Someone copied and pasted a verification id done for someone and then gave it to someone else I know

over a year ago

Lincoln

"I'd be annoyed I'd someone copied my profile. I tried to make it original and want to keep it that way."

Exactly the same.

Mrs SS x

over a year ago

Lincoln

"Someone copied and pasted a verification id done for someone and then gave it to someone else I know "

What?! Some people...

Mrs SS x

over a year ago

"

We had the exact same thing from a relatively local couple...they winked us and when I checked them out there was a great swathe of our profile text looking back at me...when I checked again a few minutes later because I couldn't believe their nerve...there was even more! Let's just say the flea they got in their ear must have itched...because when I got friends to check it out later, it had changed to some semi illiterate paragraphs instead...

I do hope it was you that put the flea there? I lodged a flea of my own and then we were blocked...

Mrs SS x"

Believe me, they were left in no doubt of my thoughts...

over a year ago

Lincoln

"

Mrs SS x

Believe me, they were left in no doubt of my thoughts... "

I was very diplomatic I think. Pointed it out, pointed out why we believed it was morally questionable, said we were flattered but felt it dishonest of them not to give people a true impression of themselves in there own 'language' (language here being synonymous with 'the words they naturally say in conversation').

We were then asked for facepics! I could see Mrs ss was too far wound up to ever contemplate entertaining them. I'm a little more tolerant for first offences so long as a lesson is spelled out crystal clear.

Does that make me too easy going? A bad Dom? I don't know, I just think every body gets one mistake and learning opportunity. Even if they do get blocked after.

Mr SS x

Post new Message to Thread