And more importantly who wants to play while there haha

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

"So who has payed off Glastonbury 2014? Just payed mine and can't wait now

Also what are people thoughts on the line up

And more importantly who wants to play while there haha "

All paid for, the lineup looks great apart from fucking Kasabian (only marginally better than Mumford and Sons last year)

As for playing, with two of our kids and three of our grand-kids in tow, we won't have much chance for that!

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

All paid for, the lineup looks great apart from fucking Kasabian (only marginally

better than Mumford and Sons last year)

As for playing, with two of our kids and three of our grand-kids in tow, we won't have much chance for that!"

Haha that's a shame but there's so much for kids these days they should enjoy it and I'm hoping for a better main stage act still to come

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'm glad it's not just me that thinks Kasabian are shit. Though In fairness they are thick fuckers so the fact they can actually play instruments and string some very shit lyrics together is no small achievement and in a way applaudable...

over a year ago

I'm not there this year ive been several times, the first being over 20 years ago, maybe next year...

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

All paid for, the lineup looks great apart from fucking Kasabian (only marginally

As for playing, with two of our kids and three of our grand-kids in tow, we won't have much chance for that!

Haha that's a shame but there's so much for kids these days they should enjoy it and I'm hoping for a better main stage act still to come "

Metallica are almost a shoe-in for Saturday night.

By *HEFFUN78Couple
over a year ago

Sheffield

we tried to get tickets for this year and failed miserbly again..hopefully next year, apart from kasabian the line up looks really good too..and dolly in the legends slot on sunday..weve waited years for that little treat too.

over a year ago

Haha that's a shame but there's so much for kids these days they should enjoy it and I'm hoping for a better main stage act still to come

Metallica are almost a shoe-in for Saturday night. "

Surely both Glastonbury and sonisphere put exclusivity clauaes in their contracts?

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

Metallica are almost a shoe-in for Saturday night.

Surely both Glastonbury and sonisphere put exclusivity clauaes in their contracts?"

I've heard that they've signed for Glastonbury but the 'contractual reasons' that they've not announced the third headliner yet is to allow Sonisphere to sell more tickets (as Sonisphere never sells out and seems to have the same four bands on a rota to headline whenever it's on)

Glastonbury don't really need the exclusivity clause, as it sells out regardless of the bill these days.

By *vonBedsMan
over a year ago

bedford

All paid up today Should be great whoever is playing.

By *ackspopCouple
over a year ago

Wymondham

Also paid up, looking forward to it, line up is FAR FAR better than last year which was piss poor and allowed me to wander and mooch at will. Excited about Public Service Boradcasting, Black Keys, Manics (No mention of them so far from anyone? Huh?), Jagwar Ma, Skrillex and Wilko Johnson. Ought to be a blinder. As for the other headliner, not that fussed if I'm honest, will decide when it's announced. As for playing there, more than happy to meet for a social, but aything more than a chaste kiss on the cheek would need serious de-contam in a Greenpeace eco-shower first: I've been living in a muddy field, and babywipes only get rid of so much. There are a couple of Facebook groups which are good for Glasto lovers, the best of which I have seen is Glastochat: lively bunch of nutters and idiots with loads of experience amongst them although the newbies are coming to the fore now with their "Wellies or boots" and "Can I bring Gazebos" questions.

Hope you have fun and if you want to meet and say Hi, message me.

over a year ago

GUTTED that I couldn't get tickets at the first attempt. Will be trying in the resale on Sunday. LOVE Glastonbury and all that goes with it, but I would suggest that any Fab-style playing should take place early on, for obvious reasons !! Wish me luck for the resale ....

By *unPeteMan
over a year ago

Near Bristol

I'm going too.

Always have a good time regardless of weather and headliners. There are plenty of other performers to enjoy and my waterproofs and wellies are good

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

Metallica, The Pixies, Bryan Ferry and Dexys all clash on Saturday night!

By *ackspopCouple
over a year ago

Wymondham

"Metallica, The Pixies, Bryan Ferry and Dexys all clash on Saturday night! "

Not seeing how this is a problem..

over a year ago

What has this got to do with sex????

over a year ago

We'll be there too....

over a year ago

"Metallica, The Pixies, Bryan Ferry and Dexys all clash on Saturday night!

Not seeing how this is a problem.."

Nor me, all I can see is The Pixies and 3 other bands that are nowhere near as good!

over a year ago

"What has this got to do with sex????"

Absolutely nothing

Why do you ask?

By *ackspopCouple
over a year ago

Wymondham

Nor me, all I can see is The Pixies and 3 other bands that are nowhere near as good!"

The Pixies! Is it 1989 again? I'd go to Ferry for his back catalogue (although the warble would probably do me in after 3 songs); Dexys because, well Dexys; 'Talllica because it's something different and give The Pixies the widest berth possible. But then, if we all liked the same thing etc etc..

over a year ago

Hi yep I am going to glasto

Would love to find some play time there

Jack

By *napppaMan
over a year ago

London

Yip, I'll be there too, be great to arrange a social meet for Fab fans, who's in?

over a year ago

Yep I am in

over a year ago

"Metallica, The Pixies, Bryan Ferry and Dexys all clash on Saturday night! "
who took your pics? Brilliant!

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

Nor me, all I can see is The Pixies and 3 other bands that are nowhere near as good!"

The Pixies have been shit live since they reformed!

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

"Metallica, The Pixies, Bryan Ferry and Dexys all clash on Saturday night! who took your pics? Brilliant! "

I did

over a year ago

Nor me, all I can see is The Pixies and 3 other bands that are nowhere near as good!

The Pixies have been shit live since they reformed! "

It is a source of annoyance that i never saw them before the split. I managed to convince my mates that going to see the then virtually unknown Carter USM in the Barrel Organ the same week was a bettet bet... 25 years on I still get reminded of the folly of that!

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

That farmer must be thinking thank fuck I brought that land lol

By *napppaMan
over a year ago

London

It is a source of annoyance that i never saw them before the split. I managed to convince my mates that going to see the then virtually unknown Carter USM in the Barrel Organ the same week was a bettet bet... 25 years on I still get reminded of the folly of that!

Could have been worse, Carter were brilliant!

over a year ago

"It is a source of annoyance that i never saw them before the split. I managed to convince my mates that going to see the then virtually unknown Carter USM in the Barrel Organ the same week was a bettet bet... 25 years on I still get reminded of the folly of that!

Could have been worse, Carter were brilliant!"

I love carter and will be very sad when they call it a day later this year. I've seen them more times than I can remember which I think is why I regret the Pixies decision so much!

over a year ago

Rumour has it that a little band called oasis from Manchester could possibly be making an appearance, Liam and Noel have supposedly sorted there differences and this could happen if it does, I'm tunnelling my way In x

over a year ago

I've heard that rumour too! Might be just that though. I'm all booked and paid for now. Very, very excited!!

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

Both Eavis's have denied that Oasis are playing this year! It'd be a good reason for me to stay away though; rock music for dickheads that generally don't actually like rock music.

I do like Noel though, he's funny, intelligent and erudite, unlike his knuckle-dragging, Neanderthal brother.

over a year ago

Hubby is going, I'm not. He has free rein to do what he wants while there, but the friends he is going with know nothing about swinging so I can't see anything happening lol x

Whereas I will have an empty house and a big bed to fill for the week!!! X

By *ackspopCouple
over a year ago

Wymondham

Also going to Bearded Theory in 4 weeks and guess who're making their very last Festival appearance? Carter USM so quite pleased about that. Should be a nice little pre-Glasto warm-up.

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

We're going to Bearded Theory too, plus Wychwood, End of the Road, 2000 Trees, Bestival and Camp Bestival...one of the few perks of being a photographer these days, free passes!

By *ackspopCouple
over a year ago

Wymondham

Look forward to seeing you there and sharing a warm cider/beer if you like?

over a year ago

Oooh so glad I saw this post.. I happen to think Glasto would be the perfect place for some 'free love' type naughtiness haha.. or a social at thr very least.. atleast one can dissappear into the crowd should nobody decent turn up

I shall certainly be there anyway. We be cool to meet some other naughty folk..

over a year ago

There was lots of discussion about this last year. I think it's a logistical nightmare and I'm not sure if anyone met anyone, but I'm not even trying this year tbh.

By *ause and EffectCouple
over a year ago

Southampton

"There was lots of discussion about this last year. I think it's a logistical nightmare and I'm not sure if anyone met anyone, but I'm not even trying this year tbh. "

I seem to remember this too.... Something about a cider bus on the Thursday and having certain flags/tshirts?!!! Lol. I'm not entirely sure if anyone actually met though!

I'm starting to get excited about going.... Only 51 days and 18hrs until the site opens!!!! Tee x

over a year ago

yup going for the 13th time

over a year ago

Well I am working there again as security again so if you are going I will see you all there lol

By *ackspopCouple
over a year ago

Wymondham

" I seem to remember this too.... Something about a cider bus on the Thursday and having certain flags/tshirts?!!! Lol. I'm not entirely sure if anyone actually met though!

"

I'm a a part of a Facebook group who also held a meet last year at the Cider bus, on thursday. We had special flags made, there were quite a few (60) of us from a FB group of over 500, we did quite well.

This year, the group has 3700+ members and grows at around 90 people a day and with 49 days to go we may well reach 5000. If we get 10% of the group turn up again, it'll be immense. We're thinking either Stone circle if fine, or William's Green if wet, still thursday. Search "Glasto Chat" on facebook to find us. No idea if there are any more Fabs members in the group other than myself, not the sort of thing you tend to broadcast really

over a year ago

we'll be there again, we even managed a 15 minutes meet last year....but hardly the ideal venue perhaps for anything other than a social. which would be great fun.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 09/05/14 15:45:40]

over a year ago

Working there this year again gate runner......if you see me bobbing about in my rent a transit please be the person that DOESN'T leap out in front of me for a laugh.....that kinda wears thin

Post new Message to Thread