Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

readin profiles

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Even tho i read profiles an show that i read it when messagin still gets deleted unread its just rude

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rinking-in-laCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

"Even tho i read profiles an show that i read it when messagin still gets deleted unread its just rude "

Why is it rude?

over a year ago

Cos we take the time 2 read it even if it a no thanks

By *rinking-in-laCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

"Cos we take the time 2 read it even if it a no thanks "

How is reading someone's profile an act which entitles you to something? It is a basic courtesy which is only the most basic thing you have to do. Remember it is you who is looking for someone when you send a message. They have not asked you to contact them so it is your responsibility to make the message worthy of a response. If we send someone a message and get no response as happens fairly regularly, that is just how it goes and when we find someone else that piques our interest we will send them a message. If they contact us back then things are good, if not we move on.

No point moaning about it.

over a year ago

Well the way u pointed that out is a gd reason thx

By *rinking-in-laCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

"Well the way u pointed that out is a gd reason thx "

This is the first topic on here I have ever seen where one side of an argument actually changes their mind and does not just keep arguing and defending their point of view until it descends into farce and argument!!!! Good work.

over a year ago

Im a friendly guy dont do drama an thx

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Even tho i read profiles an show that i read it when messagin still gets deleted unread its just rude "

Erm no it's not! you're not entitled to a reply, the best reply is no reply! So pick your dummy up and move on!

By *rinking-in-laCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

"Im a friendly guy dont do drama an thx "

Oh and happy birthday.

Seems we are getting drama, I tried to be proportionate in my response, not everyone seems to want to. They would rather respond with hostility and cause unrest. Ah well. Lol.

over a year ago

Calm down if u read what i been replyin in this thread u see i understand

over a year ago

Don't take it personal. Some people get a lot of messages here, and it can be quite a job to cope. I try to reply to everybody, but sometimes that isn't possible. So it's nothing personal if someone deletes without reading. Just move onto the next person.

over a year ago

Nice to see the OP has taken the advice well and maybe changed his view point.

To be honest this question appears so often in the forums and at the cost of being slammed, it's mainly a single guy rant.

I never understand why people think they deserve a reply just for sending a message, I don't think it's rude not to reply neither do I take offence at non replies, It's life and I just move on.

In many cases a simple reply of no thanks leads to further mails asking Why Not or whats wrong with me, so much easier to delete in my mind

over a year ago

Yeah i get it now an have changed my view

over a year ago

"Even tho i read profiles an show that i read it when messagin still gets deleted unread its just rude

Erm no it's not! you're not entitled to a reply, the best reply is no reply! So pick your dummy up and move on!"

ooo a little harsh, the guy asked a polite question and took the responses well, little extreme to make the comments in the way you have, little ned for that attitude but does sum up the bad attitudes of some on here I guess

over a year ago

"In many cases a simple reply of no thanks leads to further mails asking Why Not or whats wrong with me, so much easier to delete in my mind "

So true!

over a year ago

Thx bigguy an lisa

over a year ago

"In many cases a simple reply of no thanks leads to further mails asking Why Not or whats wrong with me, so much easier to delete in my mind

So true!"

Or something rather abusive and hurtful in some cases, sad that some feel the need for that.

over a year ago

Well i try 2 be polite as id just want the same

over a year ago

"Even tho i read profiles an show that i read it when messagin still gets deleted unread its just rude

Erm no it's not! you're not entitled to a reply, the best reply is no reply! So pick your dummy up and move on!

ooo a little harsh, the guy asked a polite question and took the responses well, little extreme to make the comments in the way you have, little ned for that attitude but does sum up the bad attitudes of some on here I guess"

I don't have a bad attitude, the guy had spat his dummy out because he doesn't get a reply to a message, and I told him to pick it up and move on

over a year ago

"Well i try 2 be polite as id just want the same "

Many people do but its sad for the genuine ones that others can't. Being told to go fuck yourself for a polite no thanks is not what I want to hear. I'm sure other women have experienced it so its just another reason not to reply. Its sad a few spoil it for the genuine polite ones.

over a year ago

"Or something rather abusive and hurtful in some cases, sad that some feel the need for that."

I just had one of those literally a few minutes ago. I thanked someone for their email, but said that he was too far (100+ miles). He just kept emailing me back saying "your loss". He just wouldn't drop it.

over a year ago

No bondage i asked a polit ques an jumped straight on my back but hey ho no worries

over a year ago

"Well i try 2 be polite as id just want the same

Many people do but its sad for the genuine ones that others can't. Being told to go fuck yourself for a polite no thanks is not what I want to hear. I'm sure other women have experienced it so its just another reason not to reply. Its sad a few spoil it for the genuine polite ones."

That puzzles me - I never had a rude reply to a no-thank-you.

over a year ago

"Cos we take the time 2 read it even if it a no thanks

How is reading someone's profile an act which entitles you to something? It is a basic courtesy which is only the most basic thing you have to do. Remember it is you who is looking for someone when you send a message. They have not asked you to contact them so it is your responsibility to make the message worthy of a response. If we send someone a message and get no response as happens fairly regularly, that is just how it goes and when we find someone else that piques our interest we will send them a message. If they contact us back then things are good, if not we move on.

No point moaning about it."

Absolutely xxx very well put, we get quite a few messages amd cannot possibly amswer them all, we try too but if we cant then they get deleted, fed up with the number of people who dont fully read profile ie we want bi males or bi male couple the more the better but spend our time deleting messages from straight guys or spend hours listening to straight guys try to convince us they are bi stating its becauae most couples dont want to meet bi guys or they have friends on the site etc etc just as easy to delete move on xx x

over a year ago

I have never been the first to send a message, I figure if someone has something to say, they will.

I reply to everyone, because it is polite, sometimes there are 20 or 30 a day!

over a year ago

Erm no it's not! you're not entitled to a reply, the best reply is no reply! So pick your dummy up and move on!"

Well put although alittle rude hehehe xx

over a year ago

Well put although alittle rude hehehe xx"

Ahh well! I tell it how it is! xx

By *rinking-in-laCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

Why is everyone descending into arguments? This was a good humoured post, why do people insist on aggression?

over a year ago

Oh well on u go

over a year ago

Well put although alittle rude hehehe xx

Ahh well! I tell it how it is! xx"

And your proud of talking to people in this manner are you?

would you do this in a pub or street someone bumps into you so you tell it like it is doe you....watch where your going you fucking idiot lol.

Think there are much subtler ways of getting your point across without it appearing rude.

over a year ago

"Think there are much subtler ways of getting your point across without it appearing rude."

This is the internet. Social rules don't apply.

over a year ago

"Think there are much subtler ways of getting your point across without it appearing rude.

This is the internet. Social rules don't apply."

I know but always such aggresive answers from some people when there really is no need.

over a year ago

"Why is everyone descending into arguments? This was a good humoured post, why do people insist on aggression?"

This

over a year ago

"Why is everyone descending into arguments? This was a good humoured post, why do people insist on aggression?

This "

Fuck you.. Fuck you all!

...just kidding

over a year ago

"Why is everyone descending into arguments? This was a good humoured post, why do people insist on aggression?

This

Fuck you.. Fuck you all!

...just kidding "

pmsl

By *r Mahogany70Man
over a year ago

Leicester

"Well the way u pointed that out is a gd reason thx

This is the first topic on here I have ever seen where one side of an argument actually changes their mind and does not just keep arguing and defending their point of view until it descends into farce and argument!!!! Good work."

It's only because you replied to his private message

over a year ago

Thats why I send 100s of message and hoping one profile will bite onit lol.

over a year ago

"Think there are much subtler ways of getting your point across without it appearing rude.

This is the internet. Social rules don't apply.

I know but always such aggresive answers from some people when there really is no need."

quite agree!!

By *otTheReal01Man
over a year ago

London

I fully understand that many couples and women get a deluge of messages. And I'm sure that the majority are the same moronic one liners I get from men. Those deserve to be deleted with no reply.

If someone has obviously taken the time to read your profile carefully and sends you a polite, personalised and well crafted and erudite message surely it's not too much to ask for a quick "Thanks but no thanks"? It only takes a second to do and I daresay you're unlikely to get an abusive response for the sender of such an email?

I don't think I have a right to such a reply, far from it, I just think it's nice and shows a good level of civility. Otherwise it's just a vicious cycle of most guys not bothering to put effort in because couples delete which means more couples delete and so on. Which does nobody any good.

Enough typing, let the flaming commence.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I think the OP has done well to recognise another pout of view. A thumb up for him!

over a year ago

"Why is everyone descending into arguments? This was a good humoured post, why do people insist on aggression?"

what the hell has it got to do with yoooo!!!??

there are no more smilies to show how much humour is meant whilst posting this message, so if you take it seriously, please complain to admin for not giving us more

over a year ago

I don't usually reply to one liners and those that have not read my profile. Today, against my better judgement, I replied to a 'fancy a fu*$' message with no thanks to be met with 'why the fu#* are you on here? Charmin!! So that is why one liners and the like are now all going to be blocked.

Post new Message to Thread