Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Feeling liberated...

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I always thought I would keep this lifestyle a secret, but last night I 'came out' to some very good friends of mine. I was expecting them to be shocked but no, they were so supportive and understanding. We now have an arrangement where I let them know I have a meet and that all is ok, they also have a set of keys to my flat just in case. Has anyone else had any similar experiences?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *W69Couple
over a year ago

Bournemouth

"I always thought I would keep this lifestyle a secret, but last night I 'came out' to some very good friends of mine. I was expecting them to be shocked but no, they were so supportive and understanding. We now have an arrangement where I let them know I have a meet and that all is ok, they also have a set of keys to my flat just in case. Has anyone else had any similar experiences? "

Glad that they were supportive and understanding for you. We confided in some very good friends, felt so much better being able to tell them what we doing/planning as opposed to making something up.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Most people I talk to are cool and intrigued. Half the girls want to go to a club to see what it's like. I honestly don't know why people think it's something to be ashamed of? I'm. It doing anything that any other single man isn't doing.

over a year ago

"I always thought I would keep this lifestyle a secret, but last night I 'came out' to some very good friends of mine. I was expecting them to be shocked but no, they were so supportive and understanding. We now have an arrangement where I let them know I have a meet and that all is ok, they also have a set of keys to my flat just in case. Has anyone else had any similar experiences?

Glad that they were supportive and understanding for you. We confided in some very good friends, felt so much better being able to tell them what we doing/planning as opposed to making something up.

"

I have to agree, I hate telling fibs to people about my plans and thinking of new excuses as to what I'm doing can be difficult sometimes. I am so blessed to have such good friends and I'm pleased you have had a similar experience

over a year ago

"Most people I talk to are cool and intrigued. Half the girls want to go to a club to see what it's like. I honestly don't know why people think it's something to be ashamed of? I'm. It doing anything that any other single man isn't doing. "

I have never felt ashamed of what I do, I just thought they might not understand or would judge. How wrong was I!!!

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Good for you, LoubiLou!

By *W69Couple
over a year ago

Bournemouth

"Most people I talk to are cool and intrigued. Half the girls want to go to a club to see what it's like. I honestly don't know why people think it's something to be ashamed of? I'm. It doing anything that any other single man isn't doing.

I have never felt ashamed of what I do, I just thought they might not understand or would judge. How wrong was I!!! "

How true

over a year ago

"Good for you, LoubiLou! "

That made me giggle! Thank you

over a year ago

Lou also look at the forum thread 'text buddies'

It's a similar post with positive feedback

over a year ago

"Lou also look at the forum thread 'text buddies'

It's a similar post with positive feedback "

Thanks very much I will take a look

By *ngelbiTVTV/TS
over a year ago

Dyserth, North Wales

"I always thought I would keep this lifestyle a secret, but last night I 'came out' to some very good friends of mine. I was expecting them to be shocked but no, they were so supportive and understanding. We now have an arrangement where I let them know I have a meet and that all is ok, they also have a set of keys to my flat just in case. Has anyone else had any similar experiences? "

It's very liberating coming out to friends or family. My partner's family know all about us and me. The good thing is now they take the piss. Which is the ultimate good sign. Really happy for you

over a year ago

"I always thought I would keep this lifestyle a secret, but last night I 'came out' to some very good friends of mine. I was expecting them to be shocked but no, they were so supportive and understanding. We now have an arrangement where I let them know I have a meet and that all is ok, they also have a set of keys to my flat just in case. Has anyone else had any similar experiences?

It's very liberating coming out to friends or family. My partner's family know all about us and me. The good thing is now they take the piss. Which is the ultimate good sign. Really happy for you "

Really glad you have had a positive experience too. I must say we did have a few giggles and it was great to be able to talk openly with them and I feel a lot safer knowing they are there if needed

over a year ago

It's very liberating coming out to friends or family. My partner's family know all about us and me. The good thing is now they take the piss. Which is the ultimate good sign. Really happy for you

Really glad you have had a positive experience too. I must say we did have a few giggles and it was great to be able to talk openly with them and I feel a lot safer knowing they are there if needed "

I too confide in a friend about my meets

It makes me feel safe knowing someone knows where I am and why.

Also she doesn't judge me and we do have a giggle about it.

over a year ago

Really glad you have had a positive experience too. I must say we did have a few giggles and it was great to be able to talk openly with them and I feel a lot safer knowing they are there if needed

I too confide in a friend about my meets

It makes me feel safe knowing someone knows where I am and why.

Also she doesn't judge me and we do have a giggle about it.

"

I always say that being a single female my safety is paramount and it will remain that way, but knowing they are there at the end of the phone and literally minutes away is such a relief.

We shared some giggles last night and I know we will share many more

over a year ago

That's fab news!! That does take a lot of weight off your shoulders too.

Whoop!

over a year ago

"That's fab news!! That does take a lot of weight off your shoulders too.

Whoop!

"

Thanks very much Pop!!!

over a year ago

My best friend and my sister knows, and my sister is now my safety bud. Not really mentioned it to anyone else

Good for you for being so open with your friends x

over a year ago

My best friend and her bf knows I swing as she likes to hear about my meets (kept nameless). If my family knew they'd call me all sorts and disown me. Theyre very very old fashioned. Im not ashamed of it, I have mentioned it to fbs out of fab and they joined up

over a year ago

All my friends know and they even follow us on Twitter and Vine. Sharing is caring after all. Doesn't bother me one bit.

over a year ago

"My best friend and her bf knows I swing as she likes to hear about my meets (kept nameless). If my family knew they'd call me all sorts and disown me. Theyre very very old fashioned. Im not ashamed of it, I have mentioned it to fbs out of fab and they joined up"

I wouldn't tell my family either for the same reasons as you...but I am so glad I have someone there just in case now and also someone to talk to about my experiences...

over a year ago

"My best friend and my sister knows, and my sister is now my safety bud. Not really mentioned it to anyone else

Good for you for being so open with your friends x "

Thanks very much I'm glad you have a safety bud too, I must say I feel safer now knowing they are there, but I will still remain cautious about who I meet...

over a year ago

"All my friends know and they even follow us on Twitter and Vine. Sharing is caring after all. Doesn't bother me one bit. "

I am glad you can be so open...wish I could do the same

over a year ago

"My best friend and my sister knows, and my sister is now my safety bud. Not really mentioned it to anyone else

Thanks very much I'm glad you have a safety bud too, I must say I feel safer now knowing they are there, but I will still remain cautious about who I meet... "

Of course you should, as all us single ladies do. Trust your gut instincts and hopefully all will be good x

over a year ago

Thanks very much I'm glad you have a safety bud too, I must say I feel safer now knowing they are there, but I will still remain cautious about who I meet...

Of course you should, as all us single ladies do. Trust your gut instincts and hopefully all will be good x "

I will..gut instincts are usually right and I always ask for face pics and telephone numbers before meeting anyone..socially or otherwise

Post new Message to Thread