Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Timewasters and fakes

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Wonder what the % is on fab for the timewasters mostly guys pretending to be a woman or couple on here any guesses anyone

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *peedypeteMan
over a year ago

derby

Well they do it for some kind of kick, but it's often so difficult to pick out the fakes f they are good.

Obvious give aways are no verification after being on a year and other tell tale signs occasionally.

But when you meet real folks it makes up for it though.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

75%

over a year ago

There are a lot of timewasters and fakes. Its a real problem on the site. A good qualifier is to ask for a telephone number early on. If they aren't prepared to talk, they aren't real. Sad, but true.

over a year ago

"There are a lot of timewasters and fakes. Its a real problem on the site. A good qualifier is to ask for a telephone number early on. If they aren't prepared to talk, they aren't real. Sad, but true. "

We don't give our numbers out...

over a year ago

"Wonder what the % is on fab for the timewasters mostly guys pretending to be a woman or couple on here any guesses anyone

"

..Start at 50%

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

"There are a lot of timewasters and fakes. Its a real problem on the site. A good qualifier is to ask for a telephone number early on. If they aren't prepared to talk, they aren't real. Sad, but true. "

Id never hand out my number to a total stranger.

By *ortidanMan
over a year ago

Moira

It makes it harder for the non fakes with so many fakes posin an getting caught

over a year ago

"It makes it harder for the non fakes with so many fakes posin an getting caught "

No - it makes it easier.

Much, much easier!

I've never met a fake yet!

over a year ago

After being on here a while you can tend to judge who is a time waster in the first few messages. We also look at verifications and if they don't have any then would swap numbers we have a play phone which is the number we give out. never our own x

over a year ago

the google pic search is a great tool ,reported at least 5 profiles in the last day or so.would like too find out what actually drives these people,know your enemy kind of thing,some are very easy too spot but a few are getting quite cute

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I would say about 45% mostly guys maried pretending till the last minute mind just as bad are the pushy guys now they are a lot worse tossers

over a year ago

I am not a time waister( I am married with wife's consent) ( and can prove ), but still it hard to prove. As we all get tarred with the same brush. It is a real problem.

By *ilverMedalWinnerMan
over a year ago

North Lakes

"Wonder what the % is on fab for the timewasters mostly guys pretending to be a woman or couple on here any guesses anyone

"

WOAH! "Mostly guys?" ... in my experience, the biggest time wasters are couples ... mainly because one partner doesn't talk to the other. Having said that, it's very difficult for us "single" guys to get to meet simply due to numbers.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

People get accused of being fake for saying no thanks or not answering a mail....so on that basis it is probably really high.

Then you have the ones who answer a few messages, decide you are not for them so say no thanks so they get called fake....and then you have the ones who won't give a phone number to a complete stranger as soon as they have said hello, they get called fakes....and then the ones who....ah I could be here all day if I carried on.

It depends on peoples definition of fake, and ours is arranging meets and not turning up without contacting us, and we have met none of those fakes yet.

over a year ago

"I am not a time waister( I am married with wife's consent) ( and can prove ), but still it hard to prove. As we all get tarred with the same brush. It is a real problem. "

The 'tarred with the same brush' line is a cop out excuse used to justify a lack of perceived 'success'! It's a myth.

Only YOU will ever cause people to make judgements/assessments of you!

over a year ago

WOAH! "Mostly guys?" ... in my experience, the biggest time wasters are couples ... mainly because one partner doesn't talk to the other. Having said that, it's very difficult for us "single" guys to get to meet simply due to numbers."

think you will find a lot of couples are actually a single guy pulling your chain

over a year ago

"

OMG,

I may have fake boobs and hair, but I AM NOT a timewaster.

over a year ago

"I am not a time waister( I am married with wife's consent) ( and can prove ), but still it hard to prove. As we all get tarred with the same brush. It is a real problem. "

I rather hope she did consent to the marriage! :P

over a year ago

"There are a lot of timewasters and fakes. Its a real problem on the site. A good qualifier is to ask for a telephone number early on. If they aren't prepared to talk, they aren't real. Sad, but true.

We don't give our numbers out..."

Me neither

over a year ago

"There are a lot of timewasters and fakes. Its a real problem on the site. A good qualifier is to ask for a telephone number early on. If they aren't prepared to talk, they aren't real. Sad, but true.

We don't give our numbers out...

Me neither "

Nope me neither. But I am very not fake

over a year ago

I give my play phone number out if I am going to meet as it's easier but only if they will give theirs to me first. haven't had a problem yet

over a year ago

I'm not sure, some men in couples in it for their own gain.

over a year ago

Never met a fake and only had one timeswaster which was my own stupid fault for making a last minute meet.

If you're selective you can avoid them

over a year ago

"I give my play phone number out if I am going to meet as it's easier but only if they will give theirs to me first. haven't had a problem yet "

A phone chat is important to me, it means so much more than verifications or any other way of selecting a meet, I will always give my number out to a meet, but would never want to know theirs, most of my meets are married guys, and I believe in discretion, I don't travel, always accommodate, so timewasting is a thing that has never happened to me.

over a year ago

"I give my play phone number out if I am going to meet as it's easier but only if they will give theirs to me first. haven't had a problem yet

A phone chat is important to me, it means so much more than verifications or any other way of selecting a meet, I will always give my number out to a meet, but would never want to know theirs, most of my meets are married guys, and I believe in discretion, I don't travel, always accommodate, so timewasting is a thing that has never happened to me. "

I chat on the phone but am also happy with just texting too. I can't accommodate, travel a tiny bit, had two noshows since I joined

By *ilverMedalWinnerMan
over a year ago

North Lakes

WOAH! "Mostly guys?" ... in my experience, the biggest time wasters are couples ... mainly because one partner doesn't talk to the other. Having said that, it's very difficult for us "single" guys to get to meet simply due to numbers.

think you will find a lot of couples are actually a single guy pulling your chain "

You may be right ... certainly the "couple" last week bottled at the last minute ... and they made all the moves!!!

over a year ago

Well iv been on a year and have no verifications, but then I am quite fussy, if someone only has a few photos and no others then Im going on that 70% of those profiles are probably fake. I'm glad there are such sad people out there though, makes my life seem so much better haha

over a year ago

think you will find a lot of couples are actually a single guy pulling your chain

You may be right ... certainly the "couple" last week bottled at the last minute ... and they made all the moves!!! "

So a couple that change their mind must be a single male?

over a year ago

"

Not a clue...having more fun with the genuine ones than worrying about the fakes

By *ilverMedalWinnerMan
over a year ago

North Lakes

You may be right ... certainly the "couple" last week bottled at the last minute ... and they made all the moves!!!

So a couple that change their mind must be a single male?"

No ... in this instance, I discovered I was just chatting with the male-half. A meet was agreed, but over an hour after the appointed time, there was no further contact. I have no evidence that this was not a couple, though there was a verification. It appears that, for one reason or another, the female half was not up to playing on her return from work. It's not a problem ... I've enough meets and am rather choosy!

over a year ago

If you mean the amount of people who waste time conversing with too good to be true profiles, those with no pics or verifications, those who won't give an address or phone number immediately prior to a meet......then the answer judging by the "timewaster" threads is fucking loads.

It's your own fault. No-one elses.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Maybe the timewasters and 'fakes' target those profiles that say 'no timewasters' because that warning is, crikey, like REALLY effective....and also target those who haven't been on here very long and are desperate for sex and so fall for all the flannel.

over a year ago

Think sometimes people have to cancel didn't mean ure a timewaster sometimes things can come up think people on this site now assume that if u cancel ure a timewaster

By *adgodCouple
over a year ago

Greensburg

Id never hand out my number to a total stranger. "

We agree. A phone number is one of the last things we ever give to anyone.

over a year ago

Id never hand out my number to a total stranger.

We agree. A phone number is one of the last things we ever give to anyone. "

Interesting. I have no qualms in giving my number to a couple who interest me, at a point where I'd like to know more about them both as a couple, and would like them to know more about me. Its a natural thing to do. And reciprocally, where couples are interested in me, they have no problem in calling me back, when they have my number. Some "hide" their number on the first call (and I can understand that), but most don't. But, at least we all speak ... and then take it from there. And it works. Conversely, text tennis doesn't. I've never had a meet with "couples" who indulge in continual text messaging alone ... and these text messaging types I do categorise as timewasters and fakes

By *ptimusDMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

There are lots of clues to spot fakes and time wasters across all profiles. But being a single male, I'll be referring mainly to couples and single female profiles.

1. They've been on the site for 5 mins, claim they're new to this and yet have some of the most fabbed pictures (Fake)

2. They've been on the site for a long time and haven't got a single verification (Fake or time waster)

3. They've been on the site a long time, have normal pics, have a long friends list, no verifications, have a well written profile stating their fantasies, exchange emails with you about these and suddenly stop replying when you try to pin them down to a confirmed meet. (Timewasters)

4. They have pictures that are very obviously not of the same person.

5. They have a profile without pics and tell you they can send it via email, whats app or text. (Timewasters)

6. I get an email from a single male telling me he'd like to arrange a meet that'd involve some mystery very gorgeous girlfriend who isn't on the site but is dead keen to meet. (Timewaster & fantasist)

7. The same set of pictures keep coming up on a new profile every few weeks (fake)

8. They have no pictures on their profile and no verifications but insist that they're a hot couple and they will delete and block messages from anyone who emails without pics and also quoting a certain word or phrase from their profile in the subject of the email. (Timewasters and delusional)

etc etc etc

By *urvy_J3Woman
over a year ago

Bradford

I think we should name and shame

over a year ago

"I think we should name and shame"

Yes of course we should

over a year ago

I do that all the time with couples from on here,they give the talk,I cut to the chase eg a couple I asked to call saturday at a paticular time,they even messaged there getting ready,I said don't get dressed on my account,they say lol

Did I get a call nope,as I thought no time wasted for me,I always put note on there profile so I remember they didn't call and went quiet

Been here 15mths only met 2couples/1 fb couple originally from here

Met loads at clubs and partys and found there on here,its the only way I seem to meet them lol

over a year ago

what a load of rubbish, I have met loads of people off here and I have never handed my phone number out, reason being I don't want men on here phoning and texting me while i'm at work, shopping, with my kids, I keep swinging to this site, when I log off the site i'm back to my normal life and don't want contacting by phone by guys on here, I've never had a problem meeting even though I don't hand my number out

By *uietlykinkymeWoman
over a year ago

kinky land

What a pile of horse apples.

Some I'll fuck. But like fuck will i give them my mobile number

over a year ago

Anyone that writes ' my GF wants to join in ' and there's no profile for her or rants on about how they've been fucked senseless by 2 guys at the drop of a hat

over a year ago

The list is too long

over a year ago

Some I'll fuck. But like fuck will i give them my mobile number "

You meet without talking? Surely not

over a year ago

This lady failed to turn up as arranged , do not waste your time with her

over a year ago

I've never had a problem with numbers interfering with life and family I answer when I'm ready like I do on here.its a test to some couples to see if genuine its not a daily accurance usually couples go quiet when I say word phone chat.men i meet are generally at clubs so no need to exchange,only fb's have my number we only use when meeting

By *ptimusDMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

Unless it's a club meet I insist on swapping numbers. Not necessarily because I insist on chatting before we meet, although this mostly happens anyway, but for practical reasons.

It may be necessary to communicate enroute to the meet, or seek directions. I've had reason to stop at the local of a couple I was meeting, for about an hour or so, nursing a pint because their teenage daughter unexpectedly turned up 15 mins to kick off and they needed time to get rid of her. If we hadn't swapped numbers so they were able to call while I was on my way, it could have been a very awkward situation for them.

Also, swapping numbers show a certain level of commitment to the meet. You don't have to use your personal phone for this either. Lots of swingers have swinging phones that they use for this.

Also it is a bit odd that you invite someone to your home or are happy to meet at theirs, but yet don't trust them enough to give them a phone number.

By *uietlykinkymeWoman
over a year ago

kinky land

Some I'll fuck. But like fuck will i give them my mobile number

You meet without talking? Surely not "

No we chat face to face & if im unsure I'll meet them in a club or coffee shop

over a year ago

Not sure but I know many men pretending to be in a couple but dont got a woman lol.

over a year ago

"Unless it's a club meet I insist on swapping numbers. Not necessarily because I insist on chatting before we meet, although this mostly happens anyway, but for practical reasons.

It may be necessary to communicate enroute to the meet, or seek directions. I've had reason to stop at the local of a couple I was meeting, for about an hour or so, nursing a pint because their teenage daughter unexpectedly turned up 15 mins to kick off and they needed time to get rid of her. If we hadn't swapped numbers so they were able to call while I was on my way, it could have been a very awkward situation for them.

Also, swapping numbers show a certain level of commitment to the meet. You don't have to use your personal phone for this either. Lots of swingers have swinging phones that they use for this.

Also it is a bit odd that you invite someone to your home or are happy to meet at theirs, but yet don't trust them enough to give them a phone number."

We never invite people to our home that we've not met socially.

As for swinging phones, just as easy to use messages on here, it's not as if we can't access them. I fail to see how that equates to a lack of commitment to meeting.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I agree with crystal wheels. I just use fab for contact and I've not had a problem so far. Just cos I don't give out my phone number doesn't mean I'm a fake or timewaster. It means I don't give out me phone number. And the reason for that is zeitgeist.

By *onnymale1986Man
over a year ago

Doncaster

i'm fiding it really hard to find meetd due to timewasters tho mostly due to no shows really gets to me tho as i'm gen and really am looking for meets

over a year ago

"i'm fiding it really hard to find meetd due to timewasters tho mostly due to no shows really gets to me tho as i'm gen and really am looking for meets "

I guess its a problem for everyone. Best approach is to "go with the flow" and be relaxed about it. These things happen. Just use Fab as an extra, potential, way to meet people, and keep on regular dating as the best way of meeting. I do. And do try POF too. Its pretty good.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"i'm fiding it really hard to find meetd due to timewasters tho mostly due to no shows really gets to me tho as i'm gen and really am looking for meets "

Get some pics sorted - it might help.

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

I won't meet anyone if I haven't got a mobile number they can be contacted on. My reasoning for this is living where I do, I can't always get online on my phone but I can get a signal for a text almost all the time, that way, if I'm en route then a text could save me sitting in the pub like Billy No Mates for ages...I've had a few meets with lovely single guys where I've not spoken on the phone, but we've exchanged texts. If it were a couple or single female, I'd be more likely to want to speak to the female. I don't have a play phone, folk who have my mobile number (I've just checked, I've got approx. 40 numbers prefaced Fab - bloody owd slapper that I am) have my only mobile number, I've never had a problem with receiving calls or texts.

Absolutely no problems with how different folk work their Fab life, just means that if someone who won't give out their number wants to meet then it wouldn't happen unless one party was willing to compromise - it's highly unlikely I'd change how I work it and to be honest, I'd expect the same from others so it'd just be a no go

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Caz: if I send you a txt, can I have a shag?

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

"Caz: if I send you a txt, can I have a shag? "

You know I'd give you one regardless

over a year ago

I'm sure i'm a magnet for all the timewasters on here

By *ptimusDMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

"Unless it's a club meet I insist on swapping numbers. Not necessarily because I insist on chatting before we meet, although this mostly happens anyway, but for practical reasons.

Also it is a bit odd that you invite someone to your home or are happy to meet at theirs, but yet don't trust them enough to give them a phone number.

We never invite people to our home that we've not met socially.

As for swinging phones, just as easy to use messages on here, it's not as if we can't access them. I fail to see how that equates to a lack of commitment to meeting.

"

Tell me how messages on here would have helped in the scenario I gave above and I'll see where you're coming from.

Not giving a phone number doesn't equate to a lack of commitment but giving one on the other hand removes a lot of uncertainties.

over a year ago

"

0%. They don't waste my time. Easy to spot people taking the piss and end all contact with them.

over a year ago

Hell of a lot of timewasters and liars. The percentage of messages received is probably something like 50% timewasters, 49% liars!

over a year ago

more fake women than men

over a year ago

over a year ago

"There are lots of clues to spot fakes and time wasters across all profiles. But being a single male, I'll be referring mainly to couples and single female profiles.

1. They've been on the site for 5 mins, claim they're new to this and yet have some of the most fabbed pictures (Fake)

2. They've been on the site for a long time and haven't got a single verification (Fake or time waster)

3. They've been on the site a long time, have normal pics, have a long friends list, no verifications, have a well written profile stating their fantasies, exchange emails with you about these and suddenly stop replying when you try to pin them down to a confirmed meet. (Timewasters)

4. They have pictures that are very obviously not of the same person.

5. They have a profile without pics and tell you they can send it via email, whats app or text. (Timewasters)

6. I get an email from a single male telling me he'd like to arrange a meet that'd involve some mystery very gorgeous girlfriend who isn't on the site but is dead keen to meet. (Timewaster & fantasist)

7. The same set of pictures keep coming up on a new profile every few weeks (fake)

8. They have no pictures on their profile and no verifications but insist that they're a hot couple and they will delete and block messages from anyone who emails without pics and also quoting a certain word or phrase from their profile in the subject of the email. (Timewasters and delusional)

etc etc etc

"

over a year ago

"It makes it harder for the non fakes with so many fakes posin an getting caught

No - it makes it easier.

Much, much easier!

I've never met a fake yet! "

Surely, by definition, you never meet fakes?

By *lentyoffun40Couple
over a year ago

Lancashire

Can't really understand the problem with a telephone call

our rule of thumb .

We will only meet single guys that we have met in a club first .. Yes there are some on here that are genuine , but few and far between have had the balls to turn up when they said .. Meet in club now or not at all !

Couples .. A very early telephone call is a must . We give people the option of calling us so they can withhold their number or we can call them . It takes a few minutes to pick up the phone and say hello .

We have saved ourselves so much time and spotted the fakes this way

Had people saying " I'll get her call you when she's home from work" yeh ok !

"We dont do telephone calls cos we don't know what to say. It awkward ! " ... Really? Just wait till it comes to stripping off and getting in bed !! Wow

The excuses on here about not giving out their numbers is ludicrous . You can get free sim cards these days . So if your worried about people mithering you when your in " normal mode" this solves all your problems

Sick and tired of the lame excuses

If you are genuine and serious about meeting others . You should have no fear about a quick call !

We have also quickly learned that verifications work well . Anyone who hasn't got a couple of " met in person " veri's can forget it .. There are socials , and lots of opportunities to meet people these days . Plus clubs . So no excuses !

Can also spot the male pretending to me a couple or single female pretty quickly . The choice of language they use gives them away . Not always . But more often than not !

To be honest of we had to rely on fab alone to meet people we would be very frustrated . Clubs are a saviour !

By *ilthygorgeous1Couple
over a year ago

Oxford

"

Any site where the sign up fee is only £5 or free is going to attract its fair share of cheapskates,tourists.fakes and time wasters. We get most of our meets through another site and much more party invites. We use this as more of a social network thing as it is a lot more user friendly. Like the old saying goes you get what you pay for I guess

Post new Message to Thread