Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

just say no

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

It probably been asked before, but if you message someone and they've read it - why can't they give some reaction?

By not replying you never know if it's a 'no' or if they are keeping the message for future consideration.

I'd rather prefer they say 'sod off'.

Even if they delete the message - at least they gives some indication.

What's anyone else's opinion????

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

No reply means not interested, or perhaps saving for another day, either way move on by

over a year ago

"It probably been asked before, but if you message someone and they've read it - why can't they give some reaction?

By not replying you never know if it's a 'no' or if they are keeping the message for future consideration.

What's anyone else's opinion????"

Just take it as a no if you don't get a reply, no reply is the best reply, no one is entitled to one

By *it of fun cplCouple
over a year ago

village between York and Hull

unfortunatly even if you say no very politely some people get offended. We reply to all messages with a face pic even if it is a polite no but sometimes it may be a day or so before we get round to it as I may read the message and wait till MrsH gets home from work to check it before we reply. We dont live on FAB so sometimes we may not reply untill we log on again. Having said that no face pic no reply and we either delete straight away or wait untill we have a clear out of old mail.

By *istress v in yorksCouple
over a year ago

south Yorkshire

I do try to reply to all polite messages, however as I quite often have a backlog of over 200 unread messages I get sorely tempted to just ignore them. Why you ask? A few reasons, the polite person will reply and say 'ok thanks' thinking they're being polite. Nope that's an extra message to add to the back log. Then you get the 'but why nots?' They typically insist they can make you cum like no one else, they will be the most amazing sub....snore. Annoying is the wod, that can go on for about 10 messages. MOST MEN DON'T TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER ON HERE. Or I get the 'put if no one gives me a chance how can I get experience?' not my problem. Or..it can go the other way, where ladies become sluts, fatty, ugly etc because they have been told no. I'd say at least 85% of messages I get are from people (yes couples and ladies too) who don't read my profile to see if I'm looking for them. So...why should I reply? As I said I try to but I get sorely sick of it x Try and look at it from a female's perspective then post on the forum.

I work from home so it's easier for me to pop on and answer a few messages, a lot don't have that time.

over a year ago

I sent a mail 1 month ago to a rather lovely looking young lady. I kinda thought when I sent it I was chancing it.

She actually read it yesterday and we started talking, I'd all but forgotten!

You never know!

By *issmekate xxxWoman
over a year ago

Non Vanilla Land

"I do try to reply to all polite messages, however as I quite often have a backlog of over 200 unread messages I get sorely tempted to just ignore them. Why you ask? A few reasons, the polite person will reply and say 'ok thanks' thinking they're being polite. Nope that's an extra message to add to the back log. Then you get the 'but why nots?' They typically insist they can make you cum like no one else, they will be the most amazing sub....snore. Annoying is the wod, that can go on for about 10 messages. MOST MEN DON'T TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER ON HERE. Or I get the 'put if no one gives me a chance how can I get experience?' not my problem. Or..it can go the other way, where ladies become sluts, fatty, ugly etc because they have been told no. I'd say at least 85% of messages I get are from people (yes couples and ladies too) who don't read my profile to see if I'm looking for them. So...why should I reply? As I said I try to but I get sorely sick of it x Try and look at it from a female's perspective then post on the forum.

I work from home so it's easier for me to pop on and answer a few messages, a lot don't have that time."

Well said ... I'll always look at a profile before opening up a message ... 95% obviously haven't made any attempts to read my profile ... those who have made a genuine effort I will reply to even if it's a thanks but no thanks !!!

By *issmekate xxxWoman
over a year ago

Non Vanilla Land

"I sent a mail 1 month ago to a rather lovely looking young lady. I kinda thought when I sent it I was chancing it.

You never know!"

No, you never know !!! I'm still waiting for you to reply to mine !!!

over a year ago

Setup a female or couple profile and you'll find out.

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman
over a year ago

Deviant City

Fab states that not replying is NOT considered as rude. Nobody is owed a reply.

I reply to all messages, but luckily I'm not overwhelmed with too many, due to keeping filters in place. I'd rather message others, than receive messages first.

over a year ago

"Fab states that not replying is NOT considered as rude. Nobody is owed a reply.

I reply to all messages, but luckily I'm not overwhelmed with too many, due to keeping filters in place. I'd rather message others, than receive messages first. "

Now, if Fab told you to jump off a cliff.... lol

over a year ago

"I sent a mail 1 month ago to a rather lovely looking young lady. I kinda thought when I sent it I was chancing it.

You never know!

No, you never know !!! I'm still waiting for you to reply to mine !!!

"

I must have missed it

I'm useless at keeping track of my inbox, I need to delete read messages cos I lose all my older ones otherwise!

By *obbyCock36Man
over a year ago

Bournemouth

I don't there's a winner on this subject. no reply cam be taken two ways and if you do reply "no" the nutters go for the jugular. makes honest blokes like me annoyed. but that's the way it is.

over a year ago

Thanks for the quick replies.

I do generally ask for them to reply - even if it's a 'no'.

I'm a grown man and can take a no for an answer, but I know some don't - not a lot I can do about that.

If 'no answer' means 'no' then fair enough - just my opinion that I think it's polite to answer. It must be they way I was brought up.

Think of it this way - If someone in the street politely asked you a question, would you answer them or just walk away?

over a year ago

"Fab states that not replying is NOT considered as rude. Nobody is owed a reply.

I reply to all messages, but luckily I'm not overwhelmed with too many, due to keeping filters in place. I'd rather message others, than receive messages first. "

That's highly commendable I wish more single women would do the same, might save them getting 100s of so called annoying messages, or do they secretly enjoy the attention

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

Nope, no ones ever asked this before.

Not once.

Oh hang on....,

over a year ago

I agree with all sentiments on here but just a suggestion that maybe you delete messages if not interested and that is an easy way of saying no. While read would mean maybe one day!

over a year ago

Id rather have it deleated then have a reply like sorry but no thanks. Its not rocket science to know that there not intrested really is it. Plus some ppl on here dont take to rejection to kindly

over a year ago

I always used to reply to most of my mail with the following if I wasn't interested; "thanks very much for your message but I'm afraid you're not what I'm looking for on here, sorry, take care and have fun" Some of the replies to this were;

Go f*ck yourself

You're not all that, just thought you'd be an easy shag.

Your a fat cow anyway.

You've got serious issues, fat b*tch.

I could go on but you get the idea. This is why I, and many others, don't reply to messages. For every genuine person who will respect a reply there are many more who feel that behind the security of their computer they can get abusive. This is supposed to be fun, I'm not here for that sort of abuse so its easier to not reply.

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

How about trying to concentrate on your inbox rather than your outbox??

A read/not read/deleted/not deleted message means nothing.

A message in your inbox is all you need to worry about

over a year ago

if i reply saying no then they Reply.

By *tmmCouple
over a year ago

harlow

We've had guys email getting shirty when we haven't said no and they get a fairly standard reply at that point...

Our profile can get over 100 messages a day. Even if we spent all day on there I doubt we'd manage to reply to them all let alone have the patience to remain polite! Like everyone else we have to work, eat, sleep and go to the toilet! Not replying isn't out of rudeness it's out of timesaving for everyone.

over a year ago

"We've had guys email getting shirty when we haven't said no and they get a fairly standard reply at that point...

Our profile can get over 100 messages a day. Even if we spent all day on there I doubt we'd manage to reply to them all let alone have the patience to remain polite! Like everyone else we have to work, eat, sleep and go to the toilet! Not replying isn't out of rudeness it's out of timesaving for everyone. "

It's all lies!! Evil couples and single women..!

Us single guys are saintly with wonderful intentions dontchya know, you should treat us better!

By *tmmCouple
over a year ago

harlow

"We've had guys email getting shirty when we haven't said no and they get a fairly standard reply at that point...

Our profile can get over 100 messages a day. Even if we spent all day on there I doubt we'd manage to reply to them all let alone have the patience to remain polite! Like everyone else we have to work, eat, sleep and go to the toilet! Not replying isn't out of rudeness it's out of timesaving for everyone.

Us single guys are saintly with wonderful intentions dontchya know, you should treat us better! "

Lol! Don't get me wrong we've met some great single guys!! It's the ones that clearly haven't read the profile etc.

I'm of the belief that if you don't ask you don't get but equally don't think that just because you ask you will get lol xxx

over a year ago

"Nope, no ones ever asked this before.

Not once.

Oh hang on...., "

OP. There's at least one thread a day on this

over a year ago

Us single guys are saintly with wonderful intentions dontchya know, you should treat us better!

Lol! Don't get me wrong we've met some great single guys!! It's the ones that clearly haven't read the profile etc.

I'm of the belief that if you don't ask you don't get but equally don't think that just because you ask you will get lol xxx"

I agree, I simple felt like being an idiot previously

over a year ago

Our profile can get over 100 messages a day. Even if we spent all day on there I doubt we'd manage to reply to them all let alone have the patience to remain polite! Like everyone else we have to work, eat, sleep and go to the toilet! Not replying isn't out of rudeness it's out of timesaving for everyone. "

Why don't you block single guys, and send the first messages??

By *tmmCouple
over a year ago

harlow

Why don't you block single guys, and send the first messages?? "

Because we feel we'd miss out more if we did that. Also we're not part of the anti single guy brigade we just are honest about not having enough time to answer them all.

If I was a single guy I would find it more annoying seeing 'Looking for single guys - Single guys blocked' than not getting a reply...

Another personal preference of how you run your profile I guess.

By *antoplay1976Couple
over a year ago

Chico

If someone messages me" hey sexy"... What exactly am I supposed to say to that? "Hey?" I get a lot if one line messagesike that or from someone who has not bothered themselves to read my profile. If they won't take the 3 seconds that it takes to read it why should I reply? I wouldent bother wot people who don't message back. To each there own. If you sent a semi well thought out message and they don't reply maby it's their loss. Just my thoughts ...

over a year ago

No reply is all the answer you need!

No point ever trying to work out what is going through the mind of a total stranger!

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 17/01/14 15:59:24]

over a year ago

Why don't you block single guys, and send the first messages??

Because we feel we'd miss out more if we did that. Also we're not part of the anti single guy brigade we just are honest about not having enough time to answer them all.

If I was a single guy I would find it more annoying seeing 'Looking for single guys - Single guys blocked' than not getting a reply...

Another personal preference of how you run your profile I guess. "

Good point, however yiu could wink or message the ones you want rather than get inundated with messages you don't want

over a year ago

I don't get many messages so it's easy for me to reply but I think if I was inundated with 100's of messages I'd try to reply to them all, just might take a while

By *tmmCouple
over a year ago

harlow

I do agree with you. But like I say it's personal preference and we do try and answer as many as possible.

But this place is a social etiquette mine field... We're just picking what works best for us.

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

"It probably been asked before, but if you message someone and they've read it - why can't they give some reaction?

What's anyone else's opinion????"

How, if they don't reply, can you know whether it's a no? It's not a yes, is it?

over a year ago

No.

over a year ago

"No."

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I tend not to worry too much about my sent messages. Once they go I let them roam wild and free, and if they return with a reply then all is good.

over a year ago

"I tend not to worry too much about my sent messages. Once they go I let them roam wild and free, and if they return with a reply then all is good."

We don't message single women, if they want us they come looking for us , and they do.

We message couples we like the look of , and Paula messages guys she likes.

Guys if a woman wants you she will message .

over a year ago

"Id rather have it deleated then have a reply like sorry but no thanks. Its not rocket science to know that there not intrested really is it. Plus some ppl on here dont take to rejection to kindly"

over a year ago

"No reply is all the answer you need!

No point ever trying to work out what is going through the mind of a total stranger! "

This is true

Post new Message to Thread