Indeed

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

"I'm sure it's still got a little life left in it

An afterlife, so to speak?

Indeed "

So does that mean this thread could be heaven or hell for some?

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I've had sex in a small church in Cambridge

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I heard that Hell (US) froze over this week. -40º

over a year ago

"I've had sex in a small church in Cambridge

"

over a year ago

"I'm sure it's still got a little life left in it"
noooooooooooo

By *ust_for_laughs OP   Couple
over a year ago

Hinckley

"I'm sure it's still got a little life left in itnoooooooooooo "

Weeeeelllllllllllllll, we were having so much fun!

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I think it has become significantly detached from the lives we lead, and just too anachronistic for most in the future. Also, the brits are way ahead of the yanks with atheism, and I think we will massively continue that trend. Our ancestors gave so much of their hard earned cash to that organisation, during times of control and immense poverty - it is now the fatted cow that gives little back.

over a year ago

It all boils down to the old advertising cliché "get em hooked early and you'll have em for life".

I think the CofE in particular and the RC churches where people sit in a cold ancient building and sing dismal hymns will be finished as soon as the mainly aged congregations who grew up with that kind of worship die off.

Newer churches with a more warm welcoming style and upbeat songs of worship should carry on though.

As always though it will be down to the children which churches survive. If parents start the kids there early then they are bound to be taught to believe, just like any learning. There may be a few who break programming enough to question the why of it, but mainly a belief taught at childhood stays with you for life unless you work to break it, be it religion or prejudice.

Our western countries are lucky in our free press and media that does allow things that question religion and openly mock it. So people can see this and may start to ask questions. Other countries where belief is pounded into you from birth and the media is banned from doing such things have a much larger scale of worship. Just look at islamic countries.

By *hemissinglinkMan
over a year ago

Greatt Barr

Religion is for those who lack the believe to make decisions for themselves by themselves. But it does offer people somewhere that they will always be welcomed and in a society where cliques are formed easily, it's a saving grace for many.

I will never follow a prescribed man made religion but I'm not cocky enough to think I know it all.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Going back to what the original thread was about. I am not religious but just because I dint believe in something doesn't mean I am unable to understand that to some people certain places are special or sacred and as such should be in the no go list of places to fuck.

Some people seem so desperate to show just how against they system they are that they forget about the human side if things and that is sad.

By *hemissinglinkMan
over a year ago

Greatt Barr

I've missed the point.

I'd shag anywhere if I was in the mood.

over a year ago

"I've missed the point.

I'd shag anywhere if I was in the mood. "

You did miss the point of the original post and your opinions on religion are that your opinions but your line above shows your total disregard and respect for the beliefs and more so feelings for others

over a year ago

there is still life in it, people come together for joyous occasions, and in times of immense tragedy.

for regular church attending...it just doesnt fit in with much of our modern lives...and our understandings how the world really works

By *hemissinglinkMan
over a year ago

Greatt Barr

"I've missed the point.

You did miss the point of the original post and your opinions on religion are that your opinions but your line above shows your total disregard and respect for the beliefs and more so feelings for others "

Maybe. I'm going to hell then I suppose? Ah well, SATAN, budge over mate. There's a new heathen in town.

over a year ago

"I've missed the point.

You did miss the point of the original post and your opinions on religion are that your opinions but your line above shows your total disregard and respect for the beliefs and more so feelings for others

Maybe. I'm going to hell then I suppose? Ah well, SATAN, budge over mate. There's a new heathen in town.

"

Some of the things i'v done in my life I'll most proberly see you there but I still respect the sanctaty of a church

By *hemissinglinkMan
over a year ago

Greatt Barr

"I've missed the point.

Some of the things i'v done in my life I'll most proberly see you there but I still respect the sanctaty of a church "

I agree to a degree. But what no one sees won't hurt them. Obviously a church in full sermon would be out of bounds but an empty church on a dark night is fair game in my opinion.

over a year ago

Oh and here was me thinking you meant the church in Camden very messy Sunday in there lol

By *hemissinglinkMan
over a year ago

Greatt Barr

"Oh and here was me thinking you meant the church in Camden very messy Sunday in there lol"

*googles Camden church*

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"It all boils down to the old advertising cliché "get em hooked early and you'll have em for life".

..........."

Crack dealers use the same technique with school kids, cept the life is usually very short.

over a year ago

"I've missed the point.

Some of the things i'v done in my life I'll most proberly see you there but I still respect the sanctaty of a church

I agree to a degree. But what no one sees won't hurt them. Obviously a church in full sermon would be out of bounds but an empty church on a dark night is fair game in my opinion. "

Ok not picking on you in particular, but would you sneak into a kindergarten and do the business overnight when the kids are away?

over a year ago

"I've missed the point.

I agree to a degree. But what no one sees won't hurt them. Obviously a church in full sermon would be out of bounds but an empty church on a dark night is fair game in my opinion. "

This is where our opinions differ. Even if it's dark, it's empty and the whole parish have gone on a long weekend to Eastbourne it's still a church and will in my eyes deserve respect

over a year ago

"Oh and here was me thinking you meant the church in Camden very messy Sunday in there lol"

Wasn't that a Aussie bar years ago ?

By *hemissinglinkMan
over a year ago

Greatt Barr

"I've missed the point.

I agree to a degree. But what no one sees won't hurt them. Obviously a church in full sermon would be out of bounds but an empty church on a dark night is fair game in my opinion.

This is where our opinions differ. Even if it's dark, it's empty and the whole parish have gone on a long weekend to Eastbourne it's still a church and will in my eyes deserve respect "

Fair play. I don't believe in religion at all and as much as I show respect I think the whole thing is a bit loony tbf. The whole basis of the church is flawed and double standards are normal. These institutions have publicly backed wars and genocide so a little nooky in an empty church isn't that big of a deal.

However, I respect your opinion!

over a year ago

"I've missed the point.

This is where our opinions differ. Even if it's dark, it's empty and the whole parish have gone on a long weekend to Eastbourne it's still a church and will in my eyes deserve respect

Fair play. I don't believe in religion at all and as much as I show respect I think the whole thing is a bit loony tbf. The whole basis of the church is flawed and double standards are normal. These institutions have publicly backed wars and genocide so a little nooky in an empty church isn't that big of a deal.

However, I respect your opinion! "

Thank you for that

By *hemissinglinkMan
over a year ago

Greatt Barr

"I've missed the point.

Thank you for that "

And thank you for a mature debate void of personal insults.

over a year ago

"I've missed the point.

Thank you for that

And thank you for a mature debate void of personal insults. "

A pleasure

Post new Message to Thread