Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Leather wear help

Jump to newest

By *ka_tessandjoe OP   Couple
over a year ago

Wolverhampton and all over UK

Help. Need some advice

Our collection of leather gear has gone mildewed moldy in places , we pulled it from its hiding place last night it find it in this state . So what would beca sensible to clean it up if possible. Also theres a lot of steel bits etc we would Would to save from rusting hence asking here before taking action !

Had some of it nearly 20 years

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *otTheReal01Man
over a year ago

London

I guess it depends on how bad it is. I had a pair of leather trousers go moldy and I just took a slightly damp sponge to them to clean the mold off. Obviously you then need to leave them out to air & dry properly after that.

As for stopping steel bits rusting, spray bottles of lanolin are the way forward. The downside is that you have to clean the stuff off before use but it stops steel rusting really well.

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

Baby oil is good for cleaning leather, and it might help protect the metal parts.

You can use shoe polish it, use clear shoe wax and it will help protect it from water ingress.

By *ka_tessandjoe OP   Couple
over a year ago

Wolverhampton and all over UK

The babe oil sounds feasible as a starting point on a cloth ty for the advice

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Try going to an equine suppliers they will have leather cleaning stuff for bridles and saddles so they should be able to help, you may have to be a little economical with the explanation lol

Post new Message to Thread