Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

writing a decent message

Jump to newest

By *oxycouple28 OP   Couple
over a year ago

bexley

Not sure if this is going to sound like a rant or not, its not intended as one...

Over the last few weeks we have put up a few meet listings in the hope of meeting some new couples to chat with and see how things go.

The thing is we seem to have had loads of messages that are barely a sentence long, not just the introductory email...but all of them, even when we try to write nice decent replies in attempt to strike up some conversation.

Is it just us? or does everyone suffer from this?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I always thought is was three magic words then hey presto your in

But yeah there seems to be a lack of conversational skills with some people, but don't lower your own standards just to be one of the masses keep to your beliefs as your both worth the effort. Good luck.

over a year ago

Oh yes, many times !!!!! I've tried sitting and writing a nice message only to be told i copied and pasted it, or that it was too long and they couldn't be bothered to read it LOL

Tried the one line grunty approach as well and that also doesn't work..... though i suspect if i was 21 with a suntan and a six pack it might do......!

Maybe i'll try something in between, or just give up

over a year ago

Oh yes! Snappy chat can be really goog, as long as isa reply to a short snappy message, but I fear that there are too many people around now who only communicate via phone text where the limitations Iimposed by the numbers of characters have shaped all conversational contact. Single ladies seem to get a lot of brainless one or two line "introductions".

over a year ago

bexley

We have been accused of copying and pasting messages but haven't - the reality is there is only so much you can say by way of introduction.

Surely if people were serious they would make the effort to write a proper message rather than just the one line.

over a year ago

"We have been accused of copying and pasting messages but haven't - the reality is there is only so much you can say by way of introduction.

Surely if people were serious they would make the effort to write a proper message rather than just the one line. "

Well I think your right about this but there are some out there that don't it seems.

over a year ago

Yes..we have tried the pro active route..the flirty route the humerous route seem to only get 'lol' back in return and blocked.. Given up for a while now as people just don't get my humour.

over a year ago

bexley

For us arranging a private meet with the couples who interest us seems REALLY hard!

over a year ago

in my humble opinion, whilst a nicely thought out and well composed message is said to be the way to get a reply, fab being the fickle beast that it is u can only be certain of a reply if theres a physical attraction on the part of the person who is receiving the mail, just be pleasant short intro along with a few pics and hope for the best.

thats all xx

over a year ago

bexley

"in my humble opinion, whilst a nicely thought out and well composed message is said to be the way to get a reply, fab being the fickle beast that it is u can only be certain of a reply if theres a physical attraction on the part of the person who is receiving the mail, just be pleasant short intro along with a few pics and hope for the best.

thats all xx"

But this is the thing, in this example its not us introducing ourselves... its them saying hi to us.

over a year ago

Noted !! lol

over a year ago

"in my humble opinion, whilst a nicely thought out and well composed message is said to be the way to get a reply, fab being the fickle beast that it is u can only be certain of a reply if theres a physical attraction on the part of the person who is receiving the mail, just be pleasant short intro along with a few pics and hope for the best.

thats all xx

But this is the thing, in this example its not us introducing ourselves... its them saying hi to us."

hmmmmm well firstly last post was for ppl sending mail

secondly nice pics and profile x

thirdly if your attracted to them then reply but try and encourage conversation if they are still only giving one liners it would suggest to me they are quite lazy and probably wouldnt want to meet them

but good luck its hard for everyone on here to some extent xx

over a year ago

bexley

"

thirdly if your attracted to them then reply but try and encourage conversation if they are still only giving one liners it would suggest to me they are quite lazy and probably wouldnt want to meet them

"

Exactly what we have been doing!

over a year ago

By *yLongJourneyMan
over a year ago

Lowestoft

i always try to make a good set of messages especially introductory ones with lots and lots of hope and horniness in waiting afterwards

By *mo-amas-amatMan
over a year ago

brighton

"Not sure if this is going to sound like a rant or not, its not intended as one...

Over the last few weeks we have put up a few meet listings in the hope of meeting some new couples to chat with and see how things go.

The thing is we seem to have had loads of messages that are barely a sentence long, not just the introductory email...but all of them, even when we try to write nice decent replies in attempt to strike up some conversation.

Is it just us? or does everyone suffer from this? "

The messages sometimes are dull

As if written by a hamster in Hull

'You ok my son?'

Makes me reach for a gun

These semi-literate cunts.... we must cull!

By *oejoxxxMan
over a year ago

anywhere

Unfortunately this is rampant at the moment and it all started with textese.(mobile phone texting).

It seems that there is a huge amount of people out there who haven't a clue how to (or who just can't be bothered)string any more that three words together to make a sentence.

Another issue is the incorrect use of words, e.g. using "no" instead of "know" or "to" instead of "two" or vice versa.

I also find that, invariably, if you ask a question, or two, in a message, mostly, though not always, they tend to get ignored. Again, this seems like it's just to much bother to answer or just haven't bothered to read the message in it's entirety in the first place.

Surely if it's worth responding to someone, it's worth doing it well - and it will be appreciated.

Maybe I'm ranting now - but sadly its all true.

Happy Swinging!!!!!

By *amamanMan
over a year ago

Inverness and around. ...

totally agree .....very frustrating trying to basically chat someone up that cant communicate by the written word ..

nearly a waste of time here sometimes but perseverance does work ..

over a year ago

"For us arranging a private meet with the couples who interest us seems REALLY hard!"

Go searching and messaging yourselves!

Far more likely to find what you're looking for!

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I think a lot of peeps have joined over Christmas and haven't found their legs yet.

Post new Message to Thread