Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

The demasculation of MEN thread! Part 2

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

As this clearly turned into a very popular debate...I have opened it up again for those who still wanted to contribute but told me they couldn't as the thread grew too big and was closed.....

Please see original thread for topic matter or I will post again if required. ...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

I have recieved requests to re post the topic thread from the original one (abput 180 posts I think???)...

Anyway here yiu go....but can we discuss /debate politely and respectfully without retorting to getting all ' Mr and Mrs angry'. Its just a discussion!!

So here is the topic pasted again. .....

I speak to a lot of women who say that aren't any REAL men out there. I say it is because women don't allow men to be men....

So opening doors, buying a drink, insisting on going dutch on a first date even though he said he wants to treat her and has INVITED her out....I could go on...

Ladies...these things don't make you weak or feeble or incapable. There is everything to like about a man who is also a gentleman.

Most men I talk to love a feminine woman. Its sexy! Its beautiful! They like being the protector! They like looking after you!

I think its a nice thing and makes me feel womanly and confident and special. Whats wrong with that?

over a year ago

Ok....maybe admin can close this thread please as I only reopened on request from others. Clearly we are done on the topic! Thanks all!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Hold yer horses, woman. People will be watching the telly or whaddever.

Aaaand breathe!;-)

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I'm a girly girl, I like a man to be polite and chivalrous however, I always pay my way also

By *uitar_antiheroMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

I for one relish the opportunity to look after a woman, particularly one I care about. I have long held the view that the whole point of being a man is to do what you can to look after a woman. Not to be overbearing as if she can't fend for herself, but for her to know you are there by her side & will do whatever you can to make her life more enjoyable.

By *am123Man
over a year ago

essex chelmsford

i like to treat a woman when we go out, and always open doors wherever i am to a lady thats just manners.

altho i see alot of people that dont.

but also, i like it if the woman offers sometimes to pay half etc, even if i dont except, so u dont feel u are being taken for granted, or expected to pay, being a modern society and all

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

im going to bump what i said on the last thread

i think being masculine got confused with male chauvininsm... i hope i can be a real man flirting, holding doors, offering my arm, holding umbrellas, chatting..and generally sharing this world with my fellow female human beings without being overbearing, ignorant, arrogant or patronising

over a year ago

"Hold yer horses, woman. People will be watching the telly or whaddever.

Aaaand breathe!;-)"

Lol! Yeah I know. ..all the guys are watching 'Dancing on Ice'!

By *bbandflowCouple
over a year ago

South Devon

The idea that social niceties directed at women make men a gentleman, or a real man, is in my opinion a shallow and superficial construct. Historically a social norm that invariably masked a society where women were ultimately treated as inferior beings.

over a year ago

"The idea that social niceties directed at women make men a gentleman, or a real man, is in my opinion a shallow and superficial construct. Historically a social norm that invariably masked a society where women were ultimately treated as inferior beings. "

I dont think anyone is suggesting it is as simple as that. The premise of my post is that when a man does offer his seat, open the door etc...for a woman.....it doesnt mean he thinks she is incapable, inferior! He is merely acting with good manners which SOME women respond to with disdain and make the man feel embarrassed and uncomfortable..and I think that kind of behaviour and attitude says more about the woman than the man!

over a year ago

"im going to bump what i said on the last thread

i think being masculine got confused with male chauvininsm... i hope i can be a real man flirting, holding doors, offering my arm, holding umbrellas, chatting..and generally sharing this world with my fellow female human beings without being overbearing, ignorant, arrogant or patronising "

Quite!!

By *bbandflowCouple
over a year ago

South Devon

"The idea that social niceties directed at women make men a gentleman, or a real man, is in my opinion a shallow and superficial construct. Historically a social norm that invariably masked a society where women were ultimately treated as inferior beings.

I dont think anyone is suggesting it is as simple as that. The premise of my post is that when a man does offer his seat, open the door etc...for a woman.....it doesnt mean he thinks she is incapable, inferior! He is merely acting with good manners which SOME women respond to with disdain and make the man feel embarrassed and uncomfortable..and I think that kind of behaviour and attitude says more about the woman than the man!"

Alas, historically that is not the case.

men might have considered themselves as mannerly gentlemen, but as we know, and legislation confirmed, women were indeed thought incapable and inferior.

over a year ago

"The idea that social niceties directed at women make men a gentleman, or a real man, is in my opinion a shallow and superficial construct. Historically a social norm that invariably masked a society where women were ultimately treated as inferior beings. "

Absolutely...I'm unsure how any of the things listed by the OP make anyone a real man...

over a year ago

Wouldnt life be great if we all accepted our differences. I like men to be masculine and confident but not arrogant. I love manners. To me they are a real turn on..I dont expect anything but if its offered i accept. I will stand my round too. I dont think it should be an issue as long as you sort out these things pre meet.. then the men are not left feeling used. Thats just my opinion as an older woman.

over a year ago

can I use this thread to flirt with the gorgeous OP again...I know I got her soaking in my last posts

over a year ago

"can I use this thread to flirt with the gorgeous OP again...I know I got her soaking in my last posts"

Oh I had to rush out and change my knickers! but you are still on the naughty step until further notice AND I am stopping your pocket money until you stop playing with it! You will go blind!

over a year ago

"can I use this thread to flirt with the gorgeous OP again...I know I got her soaking in my last posts

Oh I had to rush out and change my knickers! but you are still on the naughty step until further notice AND I am stopping your pocket money until you stop playing with it! You will go blind! "

playing with my pocket money?-its only tiddly wanks!

now..about those wet soaking juicy knickers ur sending me

over a year ago

Everyone. ...

keenfucktographer is NOT a gentleman....or the messiah...he is a VERY NAUGHTY BOY!

over a year ago

im always the gent whether its acknowledged or not just the way i was raised

over a year ago

Why do men and some women think that women need to be protected (from what?) and taken care of????

over a year ago

"Why do men and some women think that women need to be protected (from what?) and taken care of???? "

Because it's their own feelings ... Just as yours are of the opposite opinion

over a year ago

Chivalry is a bit of an outmoded concept. We're equal. Let's just be nice to each other.

over a year ago

"Chivalry is a bit of an outmoded concept. We're equal. Let's just be nice to each other.

"

Chivalry is outmoded??? Oh god+ I think I will just bury myself now then! How depressing!

over a year ago

over a year ago

V likes a man to look like a man, so not a pretty boy, rugged, facial hair, a bit of meat to them, and so on, but is not averse to being treated with courtesy either, as has been described as chivalry, i usually pay for things when we are out, let her through doors first (in case there is a bear trap the other side, obviously) and so on, although sometimes she insists on paying for some things.

its swings and roundabouts, but yeah, real men in looks, gentlemen in nature lol

over a year ago

Its got nothing about Treating women as lesser its about Respect,Ladies are superior to men and should be treated as such, A woman gives Birth and raises the Boy teaching him to eat sleep and communicate, My Father was an old school strict man and one thing that sticks in my mind is put women on a Pedestal and treat them well because without we are nothing.

There Endeth the Lesson

By *eryBigGirlWoman
over a year ago

East Yorkshire

"The idea that social niceties directed at women make men a gentleman, or a real man, is in my opinion a shallow and superficial construct. Historically a social norm that invariably masked a society where women were ultimately treated as inferior beings.

Absolutely...I'm unsure how any of the things listed by the OP make anyone a real man..."

By *eryCuriousCouple2012Couple
over a year ago

Funville

I know I am a real man because I have all the bits that tell me I am...I don't really need an arbitrary societal definition to tell me whether I am or not.

Equally, I am sure that women are real women and, to paraphrase a great quote, small furry animals are REAL small furry animals

over a year ago

"I know I am a real man because I have all the bits that tell me I am...I don't really need an arbitrary societal definition to tell me whether I am or not.

Equally, I am sure that women are real women and, to paraphrase a great quote, small furry animals are REAL small furry animals "

Unless its Roland Rat.

Il get me coat

Post new Message to Thread