FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

No offence is meant by this thread in anyway shape or form!

Jump to newest

By *otsoSnowWhite OP   Woman
over a year ago

My Ice Castle! South Wales

Can I ask a genuine question and please don't shoot me down as I've always been taught it's not a stupid question if you don't know the answer. But what to transgender women who've changed to become men call themselves? I asked this in another thread about TGirls with no answer.

After reading a lot of TV/TS threads not many included the opposite change. Are there many on here?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *am123Man
over a year ago

essex chelmsford

"Can I ask a genuine question and please don't shoot me down as I've always been taught it's not a stupid question if you don't know the answer. But what to transgender women who've changed to become men call themselves? I asked this in another thread about TGirls with no answer.

After reading a lot of TV/TS threads not many included the opposite change. Are there many on here?"

are they not transexuals as well either way hmmmmm good question

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I have no idea be interesting to see what the answer is.

over a year ago

Transman/transmen

And kudos on asking openly

over a year ago

Transsexuals yes but someone of the male gender that has become female sometimes like to be called Tgirls like in the thread i originally asked in. But what would some who'd made the transition the other way round prefer to be called.

By *iggamanMan
over a year ago

London

"I have no idea be interesting to see what the answer is."

you learn something new everyday they say

over a year ago

"Transman/transmen

And kudos on asking openly"

Thank u

over a year ago

"Transman/transmen

And kudos on asking openly

Thank u"

No probs!

over a year ago

darrel

over a year ago

A transsexual is a person (male or female) whose inner sense of gender identity are completely the opposite to the physical form they are born as. It is a recognized medical condition and completely unrelated to sexual orientation. In fact it is usually an extremely traumatic condition.

They are often wrongly labelled as being gay when in fact, they are straight.

For example, someone born with the physical appearance of a man but with the all the gender identity of a woman...will consider themselves female. So when they are attracted to a man...they are in fact ...straight. But because their outward appearance looks male, when they are attracted to men..they are labelled gay...which is not correct.

Does that make sense?

over a year ago

Before anyone makes assumptions. ...I am not a transexual but through my work, I have known many..

By *ubybabyCouple
over a year ago

lincoln ish

i call them shims. was a she now a him shim

over a year ago

"Can I ask a genuine question and please don't shoot me down as I've always been taught it's not a stupid question if you don't know the answer. But what to transgender women who've changed to become men call themselves? I asked this in another thread about TGirls with no answer.

After reading a lot of TV/TS threads not many included the opposite change. Are there many on here?"

they are called transexual

over a year ago

I will add that transexuals can be gay, straight, bisexual because their sexual orientation has nothing to with the medical condition. Transexuals may be born 'male' or 'female '.

By *am123Man
over a year ago

essex chelmsford

"A transsexual is a person (male or female) whose inner sense of gender identity are completely the opposite to the physical form they are born as. It is a recognized medical condition and completely unrelated to sexual orientation. In fact it is usually an extremely traumatic condition.

For example, someone born with the physical appearance of a man but with the all the gender identity of a woman...will consider themselves female. So when they are attracted to a man...they are in fact ...straight. But because their outward appearance looks male, when they are attracted to men..they are labelled gay...which is not correct.

Does that make sense?

"

if u google transexual its someone who has undergone a sex change operation which is what i understood it to be not to do with feelings on the inside am i wrong then

over a year ago

"I will add that transexuals can be gay, straight, bisexual because their sexual orientation has nothing to with the medical condition. Transexuals may be born 'male' or 'female '.

"

adding alot arent you

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

A man I guess.

By *uby0000Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

my nephew was a he at my wedding in 2012 two ops later {voicebox and facial feminization}and hormones he is now a she

I suppose men or women wanting to be the opposite sex is still a transgender

By *irtyAndCh33kyCouple
over a year ago

North Wales

"A transsexual is a person (male or female) whose inner sense of gender identity are completely the opposite to the physical form they are born as. It is a recognized medical condition and completely unrelated to sexual orientation. In fact it is usually an extremely traumatic condition.

Does that make sense?

if u google transexual its someone who has undergone a sex change operation which is what i understood it to be not to do with feelings on the inside am i wrong then "

Partly you are but the process of undertaking gender reassignment surgery is a very long and complex one....and it all starts with feelings!

Transexuals can be pre op and post op

Mrs Dirty

over a year ago

A transexual person may eventually decide to undergo gender reassignment surgery (sex change) which is lengthy process of both psychological, medical and surgical interventions.

Transgender people usually prefer to remain in the physical body in which they were born in...and 'move across' both genders. Once again...they can be gay, straight or bisexual.

By *uby0000Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

is transgender the same as transsexual then?

over a year ago

"my nephew was a he at my wedding in 2012 two ops later {voicebox and facial feminization}and hormones he is now a she

I suppose men or women wanting to be the opposite sex is still a transgender "

Yes. The term applies either way.

over a year ago

"is transgender the same as transsexual then?"

Transgender is really an umbrella term but transexuals usually undergo surgery (gender reassignment)

over a year ago

At the end of the day, what term someone likes to be described as, is a personal one.

It is for many, a highly emotive issue so just ask!

over a year ago

"I will add that transexuals can be gay, straight, bisexual because their sexual orientation has nothing to with the medical condition. Transexuals may be born 'male' or 'female '.

adding alot arent you "

Sbaybay....do you have a problem with sharing knowledge? Or are you (as I suspect) jumping to giant conclusions about ME!

If someone seeks information and someone in their professional capacity is able to answer their questions, why are YOU concerned?

I add 'a lot' because this is a sex site and we are all here to learn! This topic is often one that is most misunderstood and as I have worked with people undergoing such procedures, I felt it might be helpful because the OP asked a good question!

over a year ago

Thanks for all the info.

Just wondered if like some female transgender like to be referred to Tgirls was wondering if the opposite way round it wound be Tboys or Tmen. There doesn't seem to be any or many rather on here.

over a year ago

"Thanks for all the info.

Just wondered if like some female transgender like to be referred to Tgirls was wondering if the opposite way round it wound be Tboys or Tmen. There doesn't seem to be any or many rather on here.

"

I honestly couldn't answer that one personally. You would have to ask them! But I havent personally come across the term 'Tmen / Tbpys'.

I am assuming that you are curious for a reason, if you haven't actually met any? Or just general learning maybe?

over a year ago

I honestly couldn't answer that one personally. You would have to ask them! But I havent personally come across the term 'Tmen / Tbpys'.

I am assuming that you are curious for a reason, if you haven't actually met any? Or just general learning maybe?"

Typo ...'Tboys'

By *uby0000Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

"is transgender the same as transsexual then?

Transgender is really an umbrella term but transexuals usually undergo surgery (gender reassignment)

"

thanku but what about my now neice who lives as a woman and changed name but not had the full surgery

over a year ago

I am assuming that you are curious for a reason, if you haven't actually met any? Or just general learning maybe?"

General learning really as no I've not met any. Understanding and knowing helps beat ignorance in my book.

over a year ago

"is transgender the same as transsexual then?

thanku but what about my now neice who lives as a woman and changed name but not had the full surgery"

Well you would have to ask her what she prefers but I would probably term her 'transgender' as 'she' lives as a woman without undergoing gender reassignment surgery which the majority of transsexuals DO. But she might feel differently. Do you not feel you can ask her? She might appreciate your interest.

over a year ago

Human beings?

over a year ago

I doubt they know themselves

over a year ago

The equivalent term to Tgirl is transman. It has already been pointed out earlier in the thread.

over a year ago

As someone so correctly pointed out earlier, the answer is "a man", just as transexual women want to be known as "women" its really not difficult.

over a year ago

All I was hoping for was maybe a transgender man might come forward if any are on here and put there point across. There have been lots of threads about transgender women. Must either not be any of here or they don't want to which is perfectly fine. No one has to justify themselves to anyone.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 05/01/14 17:30:52]

By *mo-amas-amatMan
over a year ago

brighton

Does that make sense?

"

Makes total sense. I have a friend I have known for many years. He was born a woman and was only sexually attracted to other women. Underwent gender reassignment surgery to become a man, and now is sexually attracted to only men. Labels seem somewhat inadequate in this, and many other situations. Was my friend a lesbian whilst outwardly female, but internally male? Is he now gay, even though he used to be a woman who some would say was gay? The only label I give to him is...... friend.

By *s louWoman
over a year ago

Enniskillen

'A trans man (also trans-man or transman) is a female-to-male (FtM) transgender or transsexual person. A trans man is assigned female at birth, but identifies as male.

The label of transgender male is not interchangeable with that of transsexual male although the two are often combined or mistaken for the same thing. The difference is that while transgender males identify with the male gender identity, transsexual males may intend to undergo physical changes to align their body with their gender identity. A transgender male is someone whose gender identity is male, but who does not necessarily change himself physically'

as found on google

over a year ago

Does that make sense?

Makes total sense. I have a friend I have known for many years. He was born a woman and was only sexually attracted to other women. Underwent gender reassignment surgery to become a man, and now is sexually attracted to only men. Labels seem somewhat inadequate in this, and many other situations. Was my friend a lesbian whilst outwardly female, but internally male? Is he now gay, even though he used to be a woman who some would say was gay? The only label I give to him is...... friend. "

And as far as you and he are concerned, that is the most important thing of all.

over a year ago

Does that make sense?

if u google transexual its someone who has undergone a sex change operation which is what i understood it to be not to do with feelings on the inside am i wrong then "

if a person didn't feel they were the wrong gender, I doubt they would go through surgery, so feelings would be the basis of transexuality.

over a year ago

their transexuals i wud think

Post new Message to Thread