Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

So demoralised on here.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

This site is getting really boring. I feel like no matter who I talk to on here, I have to make all the effort when it comes to keeping a conversation going. It's always one sided. And to get anyone talking again in a future conversation, I have to start the talking or I won't hear from them again. Are some people so far up their own asses that I am not good enough to talk to unless I send the first message.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Maybe your messages are boring?

By *am123Man
over a year ago

essex chelmsford

sounds that way

over a year ago

I'd reply, but currently have my arm shoved up my ass to the elbow and it's hard to type with one hand.

over a year ago

10th dec last meet....and a few others before that..I think ur being a bit rash, it is only the start of 2014 ffs

By *utterflywingsWoman
over a year ago

Creswell Derbyshire

"This site is getting really boring. I feel like no matter who I talk to on here, I have to make all the effort when it comes to keeping a conversation going. It's always one sided. And to get anyone talking again in a future conversation, I have to start the talking or I won't hear from them again. Are some people so far up their own asses that I am not good enough to talk to unless I send the first message. "

Blimey the amount of meets you have had and still you are complaining..... i'll never understand folk

over a year ago

Just another whinge post seeking pity get a grip fella.

over a year ago

"Just another whinge post seeking pity get a grip fella."

I never seek pity. Just asking for others opinions.

over a year ago

Always happy to chat, you live too far to meet but I must say your profile is good and nice pics. And you have a cute bum.

over a year ago

"This site is getting really boring. I feel like no matter who I talk to on here, I have to make all the effort when it comes to keeping a conversation going. It's always one sided. And to get anyone talking again in a future conversation, I have to start the talking or I won't hear from them again. Are some people so far up their own asses that I am not good enough to talk to unless I send the first message. "

Have a break from here , might help, also ignore the negative comments on here,

over a year ago

"Just another whinge post seeking pity get a grip fella.

I never seek pity. Just asking for others opinions. "

Your opening post is just a moan. Nothing suggests that you are looking for opinions

over a year ago

Hi just hide your profile and take a break everything gets boring after a while.

over a year ago

I'm certainly not complaining about the people i have already met on here. I'm just asking other single guys opinions on what they think of the way they are treated on here. We are not all assholes that start their conversation with the unimaginative words 'fancy a fuck'.

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

This time of year is always tough for meets. I struggle too (I know I know, single woman as well!) but the best thing to do is make sure you don't insult the whole site on your status and the forums.

over a year ago

Well if I can add my 0.02p this thread and your status wont do you any favours. When I see men moaning a few times on my update page, I block them.

By *roggMan
over a year ago

haverfordwest

this site is good overall with many good and genuine people and from a verification point of view I think that you have done quite well on here

over a year ago

You've been luckier than most guys! If this has demoralised you, then I think you really need to get rid of your profile. Your emotional-state is far more important than meeting strangers for sexual intimacy.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 03/01/14 20:26:52]

over a year ago

"Well if I can add my 0.02p this thread and your status wont do you any favours. When I see men moaning a few times on my update page, I block them. "

I certainly understand where you're coming from. I Just wanted to be honest and put my point across I suppose.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Why do you think people should chat ?

Chat ?

Really ?

By *opping_candyWoman
over a year ago

West Yorkshire

Same I'm afraid, if I received a message from you I'd see your status and not bother going any further.

over a year ago

"Well if I can add my 0.02p this thread and your status wont do you any favours. When I see men moaning a few times on my update page, I block them.

I certainly understand where you're coming from. I Just wanted to be honest and put my point across I suppose. "

I can understand that but your status is a bit harsh. I'm not up my own f****ng arse, I'm just too far away

over a year ago

Women have enough guys mailing then that they don't need to chase anyone. If you as a guy don't keep up the contact and conversation then they will talk to (and therefore meet) someone who does. I know that if a guy doesn't keep in touch with me then I don't tend to go chasing. There are plenty who want to talk and meet.

over a year ago

i dont message people because i dont like to bother them, theres only two men who i have met before who i chat to but only because they contacted me first or fabbed my pics.

over a year ago

My last meet socially was December, until yesterday, sexually was October. Takes time regardless of male or female but then Im not many people's cup of tea but that's the way the cookie crumbles here

over a year ago

OP, you need to get rid of your status; the proceeding line on your profile states that you are "fun" etc etc lol Kind of a contradiction don't you think

over a year ago

"Women have enough guys mailing then that they don't need to chase anyone. If you as a guy don't keep up the contact and conversation then they will talk to (and therefore meet) someone who does. I know that if a guy doesn't keep in touch with me then I don't tend to go chasing. There are plenty who want to talk and meet."

Yes but wouldn't you want to keep talking to someone that you want to meet. Surely if you want to meet them also then wouldn't you want to chase them and start chatting the next time you're online.

over a year ago

"Women have enough guys mailing then that they don't need to chase anyone. If you as a guy don't keep up the contact and conversation then they will talk to (and therefore meet) someone who does. I know that if a guy doesn't keep in touch with me then I don't tend to go chasing. There are plenty who want to talk and meet."

I don't get chased lol

over a year ago

"OP, you need to get rid of your status; the proceedings.ding line on your profile states that you are "fun" etc etc lol Kind of a contradiction don't you think "

You are right. I suppose it just makes me angry sometimes. Surely you understand that.

over a year ago

"Well if I can add my 0.02p this thread and your status wont do you any favours. When I see men moaning a few times on my update page, I block them. "

I bet he is gutted

over a year ago

think you got fab fatigue ,go away get your head sorted ,come back with a bit more lighthearted approach ,its only sex at the end of the day

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 03/01/14 20:41:09]

over a year ago

I often wonder what goes through the mind of someone like the OP ? What a thread like this is meant to achieve absolutely baffles me.

over a year ago

"This site is getting really boring. I feel like no matter who I talk to on here, I have to make all the effort when it comes to keeping a conversation going. It's always one sided. And to get anyone talking again in a future conversation, I have to start the talking or I won't hear from them again. Are some people so far up their own asses that I am not good enough to talk to unless I send the first message.

Have a break from here , might help, also ignore the negative comments on here, "

A break might be a good idea...some time out to see if you miss it. I;ve done it a few times myself and always end up coming back.

And as for the chasing...if the women you are talking to can't be arsed to make an effort in conversation then I personally don't think a meet would be much fun! If I'm chatting to someone with a view to meet I don't leave all the contact to them as we're both getting something out of the meet...but I seem to buck a few trends on here as I see men as people not a commodity

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 03/01/14 20:42:22]

over a year ago

"This site is getting really boring. I feel like no matter who I talk to on here, I have to make all the effort when it comes to keeping a conversation going. It's always one sided. And to get anyone talking again in a future conversation, I have to start the talking or I won't hear from them again. Are some people so far up their own asses that I am not good enough to talk to unless I send the first message.

Have a break from here , might help, also ignore the negative comments on here,

A break might be a good idea...some time out to see if you miss it. I;ve done it a few times myself and always end up coming back.

And as for the chasing...if the women you are talking to can't be arsed to make an effort in conversation then I personally don't think a meet would be much fun! If I'm chatting to someone with a view to meet I don't leave all the contact to them as we're both getting something out of the meet...but I seem to buck a few trends on here as I see men as people not a commodity "

over a year ago

"I often wonder what goes through the mind of someone like the OP ? What a thread like this is meant to achieve absolutely baffles me."

Well you'll be surprised with how many private messages I've had from people that actually agree with me. So I'm not the only one that feels the same way. I'm just the only one that's voicing his opinion.

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

If I'm having a conversation on here then its give and take. They message, I reply, they reply etc etc. If I go offline and there's a message from them, then I reply. If they haven't messaged then I don't.

over a year ago

"I often wonder what goes through the mind of someone like the OP ? What a thread like this is meant to achieve absolutely baffles me.

Well you'll be surprised with how many private messages I've had from people that actually agree with me. So I'm not the only one that feels the same way. I'm just the only one that's voicing his opinion.

"

They don't like you to have an opinion in the forums and alot are just out to bitch at you. So ignore the haters on here.

over a year ago

"I often wonder what goes through the mind of someone like the OP ? What a thread like this is meant to achieve absolutely baffles me.

"

oh i do agree with you and if you can come up with a solution iam all ears ..but i know you wont.. and your getting stressed over what ? a profile ,you dont know whats at the other end of that profile really do you ,you look like you have done better than most so like i say. fab fatigue. go chill out for a bit mate

over a year ago

"If I'm having a conversation on here then its give and take. They message, I reply, they reply etc etc. If I go offline and there's a message from them, then I reply. If they haven't messaged then I don't."

but if you if you were keen on meeting and when you went back on line, and there was no message. Would you then message him or them to start the conversation going again.

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"If I'm having a conversation on here then its give and take. They message, I reply, they reply etc etc. If I go offline and there's a message from them, then I reply. If they haven't messaged then I don't.

but if you if you were keen on meeting and when you went back on line, and there was no message. Would you then message him or them to start the conversation going again. "

Only if we had discussed a meet previously. I'm on here to shag and prefer the arrangements to be made quickly. Happy to chat in the time before we meet but I get uncomfortable with men who 'pester' me.

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"I'm certainly not complaining about the people i have already met on here. I'm just asking other single guys opinions on what they think of the way they are treated on here. We are not all assholes that start their conversation with the unimaginative words 'fancy a fuck'. "

Apart from one hate mail yesterday (which incidentally wasn't from a woman) it's not something I have really experienced. Could it be how you are messaging them? Maybe alter your approach slightly and see if it improves. Good luck

over a year ago

"Well if I can add my 0.02p this thread and your status wont do you any favours. When I see men moaning a few times on my update page, I block them.

I bet he is gutted "

lol well seeing as he's NOT in my local area he won't care will he! I'm quite entitled to give my opinion on these threads plus the OP responded in a positive way so I have no idea what your problem is!

over a year ago

To be honest, I'd only feel demoralised if I was intending to date someone and they didnt like me and I really liked them(wouldnt be from this site really lol), my emotions would never lead to despair or anger at a meet that was only a few mails and nothing transpired.Its quite likely that whoever u mail is gonna be someone ur just gonna shag at the end of the day.........I dont see how much deeper it needs to be

over a year ago

I bet he is gutted

lol well seeing as he's NOT in my local area he won't care will he! I'm quite entitled to give my opinion on these threads plus the OP responded in a positive way so I have no idea what your problem is! "

I don't have a problem, you can block who you like, just like I can

over a year ago

Honestly! Can't people just be nice? Does it really require such a lot of sarcastic and negative comments because he has vented his frustrations? Does it really matter? He wasnt attacking anyone!

I note plenty of regulars on here vent on a regular basis but they are not subjected to all this.

Its nice to see that some people have been constructive rather than unpleasant. Not necessary for some to be quite so cold.

Didn't take long for the Christmas spirit to go, did it!

over a year ago

"Honestly! Can't people just be nice? Does it really require such a lot of sarcastic and negative comments because he has vented his frustrations? Does it really matter? He wasnt attacking anyone!

I note plenty of regulars on here vent on a regular basis but they are not subjected to all this.

Its nice to see that some people have been constructive rather than unpleasant. Not necessary for some to be quite so cold.

Didn't take long for the Christmas spirit to go, did it! "

Thankyou x

over a year ago

Glad you've taken down your status OP

over a year ago

Hold on ill have a look in the fabswingers handbook....We must always message you..... jesus just because you are doing the chasing (and you have had a few results) we all have to send you a message first....if its that boring leave for a while and come back when the site is exciting and everybody will message you

over a year ago

I have a few nice correspondences going on. But more often than not, after it's died a natural death (often the time of day/night) it is me who has to rekindle.

They're not all intros to a meet, for the usual reasons (age/distance). If a spontaneous rekindle lands in my inbox, I'm very happy indeed. And I must say that I like it when sex is not really the main topic. You can't keep that up for weeks on end - it gets a tad fraught.

over a year ago

"Hold on ill have a look in the fabswingers handbook....We must always message you..... jesus just because you are doing the chasing (and you have had a few results) we all have to send you a message first....if its that boring leave for a while and come back when the site is exciting and everybody will message you "

Feel better for that?

over a year ago

yes thanks

over a year ago

"I have a few nice correspondences going on. But more often than not, after it's died a natural death (often the time of day/night) it is me who has to rekindle.

They're not all intros to a meet, for the usual reasons (age/distance). If a spontaneous rekindle lands in my inbox, I'm very happy indeed. And I must say that I like it when sex is not really the main topic. You can't keep that up for weeks on end - it gets a tad fraught. "

I agree. I personally enjoy actually chatting with the person...getting to know them a bit. I know thats not for everyone but we mustn't forget about the biggest organ in the human body!

over a year ago

You have veri's so quit moaning , feel sore for those who have been on here as long as you and have ZERO verifications ....lol

By *extoysareusCouple
over a year ago

kinky heaven

Yes some people are up their own ass

over a year ago

I find you get out what you put in and if polite and not a pain on the whole i have had polite replies.

over a year ago

"Yes some people are up their own ass"

By *eekenderzCouple
over a year ago

London

I wish there were some nice tall men with cute bums messaging me! But we're unfortunately looking for couples - not singles...

MrsW

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"Yes some people are up their own ass"

What a heap of tosh! Is it because the people sprouting this shite are frustrated because they want instant gratification and if it doesn't happen the other person is automatically 'up their own arse'

I get this quite often, and no I am not up my own arse, I just have my own way of doing things....if the other person is not happy, they can quite happily move on to the next profile!

By *extoysareusCouple
over a year ago

kinky heaven

"Yes some people are up their own ass

What a heap of tosh! Is it because the people sprouting this shite are frustrated because they want instant gratification and if it doesn't happen the other person is automatically 'up their own arse'

I get this quite often, and no I am not up my own arse, I just have my own way of doing things....if the other person is not happy, they can quite happily move on to the next profile! "

Sorry it was aimed at the Op.

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"Yes some people are up their own ass

I get this quite often, and no I am not up my own arse, I just have my own way of doing things....if the other person is not happy, they can quite happily move on to the next profile!

Sorry it was aimed at the Op. "

Oops Sorry! I picked you up wrong!

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

I never seek pity. Just asking for others opinions. "

You're not seeking opinions though. Titling this thread "demoralising" and stating it's boring and people up their own arses for having the temerity to ignore you sounds like a self pitying whinging post to me!

over a year ago

You're not seeking opinions though. Titling this thread "demoralising" and stating it's boring and people up their own arses for having the temerity to ignore you sounds like a self pitying whinging post to me! "

over a year ago

You're not seeking opinions though. Titling this thread "demoralising" and stating it's boring and people up their own arses for having the temerity to ignore you sounds like a self pitying whinging post to me! "

And what's wrong with that??

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"To be honest, I'd only feel demoralised if I was intending to date someone and they didnt like me and I really liked them(wouldnt be from this site really lol), my emotions would never lead to despair or anger at a meet that was only a few mails and nothing transpired.Its quite likely that whoever u mail is gonna be someone ur just gonna shag at the end of the day.........I dont see how much deeper it needs to be"

Gulp! Erm, I'm agreeing with Paddy...*thud*

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

You're not seeking opinions though. Titling this thread "demoralising" and stating it's boring and people up their own arses for having the temerity to ignore you sounds like a self pitying whinging post to me!

And what's wrong with that?? "

Nothing, but he was 'asking for others opinions'.

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"To be honest, I'd only feel demoralised if I was intending to date someone and they didnt like me and I really liked them(wouldnt be from this site really lol), my emotions would never lead to despair or anger at a meet that was only a few mails and nothing transpired.Its quite likely that whoever u mail is gonna be someone ur just gonna shag at the end of the day.........I dont see how much deeper it needs to be

Gulp! Erm, I'm agreeing with Paddy...*thud*"

He's a tiny bundle of common sense sometimes.

over a year ago

"Maybe your messages are boring?"

Flipping profile pics aren't though lol

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"To be honest, I'd only feel demoralised if I was intending to date someone and they didnt like me and I really liked them(wouldnt be from this site really lol), my emotions would never lead to despair or anger at a meet that was only a few mails and nothing transpired.Its quite likely that whoever u mail is gonna be someone ur just gonna shag at the end of the day.........I dont see how much deeper it needs to be"

That is not what you said to me! You lying barsteward!

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Nothing if he wants to whinge, but he's claiming to be seeking opinions.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Nothing, but he was 'asking for others opinions'."

Exactly!

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

nothing at all... but i'd rather someone be at least honest and call it what it is rather than backtrack.....

there are going to be a lot of guys who will look at the verifications and think "bloody lucky guy... what is he quibbling about!!!"

it does make me question some of the expectations of people..... and they seem to be out of whack with the majority.....

since he wants an opinion, I think a change of mindset is needed.... be thankful for the meets he has had rather than focus on the ones he hasn't...

if people so het up about the minor things in life like this site... I do worry about how they deal with the big stuff......

over a year ago

erm oops apologies

over a year ago

"To be honest, I'd only feel demoralised if I was intending to date someone and they didnt like me and I really liked them(wouldnt be from this site really lol), my emotions would never lead to despair or anger at a meet that was only a few mails and nothing transpired.Its quite likely that whoever u mail is gonna be someone ur just gonna shag at the end of the day.........I dont see how much deeper it needs to be

Gulp! Erm, I'm agreeing with Paddy...*thud*"

there she drops her magic wand again

over a year ago

He's a tiny bundle of common sense sometimes. "

thanks for the tiny comment, now I feel inadequate..in fact leaving the site now

over a year ago

That is not what you said to me! You lying barsteward! "

just said I'm leaving the site...what more do u want???-yes...its for u xxxxxx

over a year ago

Nothing if he wants to whinge, but he's claiming to be seeking opinions."

Maybe he is doing both.

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

That is not what you said to me! You lying barsteward!

just said I'm leaving the site...what more do u want???-yes...its for u xxxxxx "

Me and two others! Barsteward you! xxx

over a year ago

Just sounds to me like you are taking it too seriously. Perhaps try using other more conventional methods to seek intimate liaisons?

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

He's a tiny bundle of common sense sometimes.

thanks for the tiny comment, now I feel inadequate..in fact leaving the site now"

Mwah!

Not all of you is tiny.

By *obletonMan
over a year ago

A Home Among The Woodland Creatures

"I never seek pity. Just asking for others opinions. "

chin up old son - fab is just a slice of life like everything else is.

Try this as a real-world experiment:

Go out one weekend on your own, away from your home town, pick a pub and then randomly try to strike up conversations with people.

some people won't want to know, some will but you won't really click, but every now and then you'll meet some people you click with.

I don't need to tell you this - you already know that that is how the real world operates.

why do you expect fab to be any different?

over a year ago

I was going to write some long whinded explanation of why this site works just fine.

But I can't be *rsed.

It works just fine. I didn't think so at the start, until I realised how it should be used. But it does.

over a year ago

"I never seek pity. Just asking for others opinions.

chin up old son - fab is just a slice of life like everything else is.

Try this as a real-world experiment:

Go out one weekend on your own, away from your home town, pick a pub and then randomly try to strike up conversations with people.

some people won't want to know, some will but you won't really click, but every now and then you'll meet some people you click with.

I don't need to tell you this - you already know that that is how the real world operates.

why do you expect fab to be any different?"

Well said

over a year ago

"I'm certainly not complaining about the people i have already met on here. I'm just asking other single guys opinions on what they think of the way they are treated on here. We are not all assholes that start their conversation with the unimaginative words 'fancy a fuck'. "

Opinion of a single guy here!

Still loving the site, still having fun - how am i treated? No complaints there! Have never felt hard done by, marginalised or as you describe - 'an arsehole'.

See nothing to moan about at all!

By *ex.IncCouple
over a year ago

Castleford

Jesus wept! Last meet in dec? Try last january and then you may have reason to moan.

over a year ago

"Jesus wept! Last meet in dec? Try last january and then you may have reason to moan."

Just goes to prove that people don't actually read verifications doesn't it.

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"Jesus wept! Last meet in dec? Try last january and then you may have reason to moan.

Just goes to prove that people don't actually read verifications doesn't it. "

And where's the confusion? Coz I read it and doesn't say met a few months ago!

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"Jesus wept! Last meet in dec? Try last january and then you may have reason to moan.

Just goes to prove that people don't actually read verifications doesn't it. "

Looks like a meet veri to me. As in a 'proper' meet.

over a year ago

Just goes to prove that people don't actually read verifications doesn't it.

Looks like a meet veri to me. As in a 'proper' meet."

It's a verification from the first person I ever met on here. She left fabs. Then when she returned to fabs, she reverified me. So no, it was not a proper meet.

over a year ago

Why not use the site as a social hub? I used to be all consumed about meeting ppl, now i use the site differently i get so much more out if it

over a year ago

You only asked a question & a valid one at that We think.

People on forums like to think they are the forum police so take no notice of the negative feed back

We personally couldn't possibly comment on your question as we don't have m on our filter

But f#%k um anyway lol

Fab is fun & we are having great time

By *irimusMan
over a year ago

Burnley

I have noticed the same thing. Someone will wink at me, so I will send a message along the lines of: "Hi, I saw your wink, I looked at your profile and I really like your hair/eyes/mongoose etc"

And they reply with "Thanks!"

What's that supposed to mean?! Do they want to talk or not??

over a year ago

"I have noticed the same thing. Someone will wink at me, so I will send a message along the lines of: "Hi, I saw your wink, I looked at your profile and I really like your hair/eyes/mongoose etc"

And they reply with "Thanks!"

What's that supposed to mean?! Do they want to talk or not??"

its called a pussy..not a mongoose

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 04/01/14 16:34:45]

By *irimusMan
over a year ago

Burnley

"

She is being polite by saying thankyou for the compliment. It doesnt indicate she is interested in you. "

Then why did she wink to start with?

over a year ago

"I'd reply, but currently have my arm shoved up my ass to the elbow and it's hard to type with one hand."

That would be an interesting sight!!

By *tirling DarkCouple
over a year ago

Stirling

"I often wonder what goes through the mind of someone like the OP ? What a thread like this is meant to achieve absolutely baffles me."

probably results in a lot of couples blocking him for whinging. I suppose that's an achievement

over a year ago

Plenty of verifiwotsits and a six pack, i hardly think you have much to complain about chap !!

over a year ago

those are the ones that are usually only here for some male attention

over a year ago

I must say that some of these comments have really made me laugh. Just shows that my original comments are so true. Lmao so funny. Do you really spend that long on these forums lol.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 04/01/14 20:44:33]

over a year ago

Okay I'm confused!

You've met people on more than one occasion according to some of your veri's ~ so just a question ~ if you're not having much luck at the moment (bearing in mind people kinda do their own thing over the festive season) why don't you hook up with a previous meet & have fun....?!

over a year ago

"I must say that some of these comments have really made me laugh. Just shows that my original comments are so true. Lmao so funny. Do you really spend that long on these forums lol. "

Re- your initial post and this last little gem.

Stop trying to talk to people who clearly don't want to talk to you. If someone doesn't want to talk to you it does not make them "up their own arses", it just means they don't fancy you half as much as you fancy yourself.

You weren't asking for opinions as such, you just fancied a bit of a vent and perhaps to revel a lot of replies from fellow whingers along the lines of "yeah mate, and most of them wouldn't get looked at twice in a bar" etc...well tis is an open forum and not everyone has the same opinion of the site. And yes, some of us use the forums alot, but again it's not a symptom of being up our own arses.

If it really irks you so much, hide your profile for a few months and come back to try again. If it still grips your shit then delete your profile.

over a year ago

Too many people trying too hard I think. Taking this site too seriously

Post new Message to Thread