Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Travel Lodge

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Thinking about using travel lodge for a meet, but wont be staying overnight( perhaps 5 or 6 hrs). Any one got any advice ? First time we've used hotel for playing.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Thinking about using travel lodge for a meet, but wont be staying overnight( perhaps 5 or 6 hrs). Any one got any advice ? First time we've used hotel for playing."
shut the curtains

By *tephenb001Man
over a year ago

Stapleton

Its just the same as staying the night they dont need to know your not staying but we did have too try to keep the noise down though.lol

Where abouts are you staying im stopping in hinckley at the moment.

over a year ago

Check out other hotels that do business conferences as they do a delegate rate. It is usually for a room from 10ish till 5 or 6 and often as little as £20

over a year ago

"Thinking about using travel lodge for a meet, but wont be staying overnight( perhaps 5 or 6 hrs). Any one got any advice ? First time we've used hotel for playing.shut the curtains"

If you're on the ground floor, yes.

What type of advise are you looking for?

Just try to act normally, don't go to reception in your "play gear"

We will be using a Travelodge next weekend for a meet, too

By *eakcoupleCouple
over a year ago

peak district

Have used Travel Lodges for meets (and affairs for quite a while). You can get an early booking in from mid-day if you ask, normally it's 2pm we think. There might be cleaners around in the next bedrooms and corridor if you're that early.

When you leave early (about 5 or 6 for us) it's interesting the reaction you get. Usually it's a smile and 'hope you had a nice time and see you again' but from one receptionist there was total shock when she realised what had been going on! She came out and watched us leave so we waved to her and she shot back in.

By *zMaleMan
over a year ago

penzance

Walls are to thin

By *exeteraWoman
over a year ago

Bridgend

There shouldn't be any problems but to avoid any embarrasment just leave your key in your room lol

over a year ago

Don't do what we did and book one on the motorway where parking was only for two hours for visitors and the receptionist was stationed right next to the doors to the rooms!

over a year ago

"shut the curtains"

Laughing our tits off here.

By *heekychezzaWoman
over a year ago

warrington

"shut the curtains

"

ha ha...and the windows!!!! I got loads of stick from fellow swingers after inadvertently leaving the window open following a social...oooops!!!!

over a year ago

"shut the curtains

ha ha...and the windows!!!! I got loads of stick from fellow swingers after inadvertently leaving the window open following a social...oooops!!!! "

been there done that hanging out the window having a ciggy lol

By *ignbouncybabeWoman
over a year ago

birmingham

I use Travelodges quite a lot I just drop the key off at reception and mumble something about being called back home due to pipes burst or something, oh and I always take a suitcase with me lol.

over a year ago

..agree with the others, just pay for your room online or when you arrive and drop the key off at reception or leave it in the door when you leave. Have fun!

By *eakcoupleCouple
over a year ago

peak district

"There shouldn't be any problems but to avoid any embarrasment just leave your key in your room lol"

Suppose someone goes in and trashes your room after you've gone, pinches the towels or whatever? They will have your contact details, so expect hassle! Sorry, but we have suspicious minds!

over a year ago

I stay in Travel Lodges and Premier Inns all the time, you shouldn't have any problems, if it were me though I'd drop the key off in the box at Reception on the way out, don't worry they won't even bat an eye lid

over a year ago

premier inns have bigger beds.......

but do tend to cost alittle more

over a year ago

do what you want to do, then drop the key over to me near reception so I can pretend to Sasha that I have forked out for a hotel for a romantic Valentines night

over a year ago

"do what you want to do, then drop the key over to me near reception so I can pretend to Sasha that I have forked out for a hotel for a romantic Valentines night "

tut tut not sure a Travel Lodge can be considered a romantic Valentines night treat.

over a year ago

"Thinking about using travel lodge for a meet, but wont be staying overnight( perhaps 5 or 6 hrs). Any one got any advice ? First time we've used hotel for playing."

I use the one in Longshoot Nuneaton regularly with my long term lover (well I used to - it's been 5 months since the last time ). It's ok and you can book online for £30 if you do it 2 weeks in advance. Don't bother with the cancellation insurance. I thought it was a good idea but discovered there are almost NO circumstances in which a claim will be paid. The bathroom and shower are good. There's a Harvester attached but it's a bit dead in there. Theres a more lively Harvester by the M69 roundabout and there's a pretty good Indian a short distance down the Hinkley road on the right. Hope this helps. X

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Will have to warn you that the 'new build' Travelodges are having Keycard readers fitted to every door in the hotel, that means no getting in the lift without a keycard, no entering any floor without a keycard.....etc.

Means you will have to enter the hotel together and go up to the room together.

over a year ago

"Will have to warn you that the 'new build' Travelodges are having Keycard readers fitted to every door in the hotel, that means no getting in the lift without a keycard, no entering any floor without a keycard.....etc.

"

This is a good point which I found out the first time. My partner now stands around the corner while I check in and joins me as I get to the door/lift.

Also, if poss, book a bit in advance; cost can be £40/50 if you leave it until the day before or so (in london at least).

over a year ago

use campanile - book in feb with 5 days notice, its £25, the rooms dont involve passing reception, and if you smoke, you just open the front door, its like holday villas.

oh, and the beds are bouncy as f**K lol

over a year ago

My partner phones and I come to reception to meet her. She used to come in and knock at my door and it was fun to open it dripping wet and naked from the shower.

...except for the time it was the lady from reception to say I'd been given the wrong room!

over a year ago

"shut the curtains

ha ha...and the windows!!!! I got loads of stick from fellow swingers after inadvertently leaving the window open following a social...oooops!!!! "

Speaking from personal experience by any chance?!

over a year ago

Pay in full when checking in.

If discretion is required, then I would advise one person to go up to the room first, and the other to go up separately.

Leave separately too.

No need to do anything on the way out except to drop the key/card in the box.

And definitely close the windows!!!

over a year ago

My penny's worth

All the above but also, act exactly as though you were going to the pictures, or a meal or something everyday. That way you'll not look out of the ordinary and will feel quite cool about things.

Let's face it, the staff all know there is a 2-4-6 hour turnover of rooms and they do cease to care. If they don't care, don't let it bother you.

So what if the neighbours hear. Forget them! Have fun x

over a year ago

Just enjoy yourselves!!!!!

over a year ago

Try 'village' hotels, big comfey and more often than not fixed bed's, walk in shower, prebook for as little as 20 per night. Also wherever you stay avoid twin room's, otherwise you might find you lose more than just your carkey's and phone between the bed's!

By *onyericsoncpl4uCouple
over a year ago

gloucester

we are useing the one in perry barr for a bbw social

over a year ago

"Will have to warn you that the 'new build' Travelodges are having Keycard readers fitted to every door in the hotel, that means no getting in the lift without a keycard, no entering any floor without a keycard.....etc.

This is a good point which I found out the first time. My partner now stands around the corner while I check in and joins me as I get to the door/lift.

Also, if poss, book a bit in advance; cost can be £40/50 if you leave it until the day before or so (in london at least)."

That should be £45/50 more if you leave it to late! doh!!!!!

By *mbianceWoman
over a year ago

burnham on sea, Somerset

Come and stay at Hotel Mystique in Gloucester,no need to keep quiet or be discrete,can even checkin from early morning...

Contact me for any bookings stating date and times you would like room from

Claire XX

By *mbianceWoman
over a year ago

burnham on sea, Somerset

[Removed by poster at 16/02/10 19:28:34]

over a year ago

"There shouldn't be any problems but to avoid any embarrasment just leave your key in your room lol"
Top tip ,,, just waltz out like u own the place ,,, early checkin is a tenner ,,, plus some charge for parking ,,, so a cheap hotel soon can hit *) quid ,,, yep i know thats not a lot for some ... but if ya on a budjet it needs considering ,,,, have fun

By *riapus4uMan
over a year ago

Charlestown, Cornwall

As someone who has used Travelodges/Premier Inn/Holday Inn Express etc. for many years on business, book & pay online.

Once you have finished with the room whatever the time, just leave the keycard in the room, the cleaner will pick it up next day. I do this all the time especially if I've got an early start

over a year ago

When our kids thwart our plans my regular playmate and I will book into the Travel Lodge in Croydon as it's easy for both of us to get to work. I hate them: too cold, too noisy, lumpy bed until we get started and you don't notice lol

By *_jkCouple
over a year ago

glasgow

"Come and stay at Hotel Mystique in Gloucester,no need to keep quiet or be discrete,can even checkin from early morning...

Contact me for any bookings stating date and times you would like room from

Claire XX"

Sounds like our kinda place ya sexy pervs lol

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

The 'New Build' Travelodges have changed quite a bit from some of the older ones or older hotels that Travelodge have converted.

Stayed in a new one the other weekend in Torquay, so much improvement on some of the ones I have previously atayed at.

The rooms are all but soundproof, the beds are far more comfortable....LCD TV fitted to the wall....But the new security measures make it far more difficult to have guests visit your room unless they are already staying on the same floor.

By *zMaleMan
over a year ago

penzance

Never ever leave your keycard in the room. All your bank details are stored on the magnetic strip. If you weant to do this take a magnet with you and rub it over the strip before you leave it behind.

Just a piece of advice.

over a year ago

"The 'New Build' Travelodges have changed quite a bit from some of the older ones or older hotels that Travelodge have converted.

Stayed in a new one the other weekend in Torquay, so much improvement on some of the ones I have previously atayed at.

The rooms are all but soundproof, the beds are far more comfortable....LCD TV fitted to the wall....But the new security measures make it far more difficult to have guests visit your room unless they are already staying on the same floor."

I usually ask at reception for two Keycards, one for me one for my partner....I tell them it's so he can nip outside for a smoke without leaving me in the room in the dark, as I use one for slotting in for the telly and lighting lol xxx

By *umpkinMan
over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

"use campanile - book in feb with 5 days notice, its £25, the rooms dont involve passing reception, and if you smoke, you just open the front door, its like holday villas.

oh, and the beds are bouncy as f**K lol "

Not all of the Campanile`s are as you describe - the Wakefield one is, the Milton Keynes/Fenny Stratford one isn`t and is more like a conventional hotel.

Good advice about taking a magnet to erase your details on the key cards, either that or just "gently and accidently" crack the magnetic strip or forget to drop it off and take it with you! The only details on the strip are yours so thy can`t identify who hasn`t dropped their card off!

By *plpxp2Couple
over a year ago

Middlesbrough

Used a number of Premier and Travel Inns, sadly never managed to get any sleep

over a year ago

I once met a playmate up for an afternoon session at a new Travelodge.

On the way out, he dropped the key card at the reception, and the young lady behind the desk was obviously very new and green, and was very apologetic, and wanted to know what was wrong, why we decided to leave earlier than planned etc. etc...

We could not help but smiled at her and said nothing was wrong, really!

By *riapus4uMan
over a year ago

Charlestown, Cornwall

"Never ever leave your keycard in the room. All your bank details are stored on the magnetic strip. If you weant to do this take a magnet with you and rub it over the strip before you leave it behind.

Just a piece of advice."

I don't think that is correct, those details may be in the hotel's computer but they certainly are not on the keycard!. All that's on it is the room number & the check out day.

By *umpkinMan
over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

One hotel I will NEVER use again is the Jurys Inn in Plymouth.

No parking facilities uless you use the local authority car parks which are nearly a taxi ride away and the charges won`t run for 24 hours, you have to start paying again from 8.00am.

Breakfast is usually shared with about 4 coach loads of holiday makers who are shouting one above the other.

The oddest thing - the windows at the front of the hotel have such low window sills that people in the shops opposite can see directly into your room - don`t forget to close the curtains!!

By *aller007Man
over a year ago

bedworth

hi

try the longshoot its a lot better and theres sumwhere to eat and drink before and after.

P.

Post new Message to Thread