Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Sorry but I need a grrrrrr moment.

Jump to newest

By *llie Rose OP   Woman
over a year ago

By the seaside

I try to answer all messages, unless they are very rude/abusive, even from those who have either not read or chosen to ignore my profile. For those who send a message despite not being what I have clearly stated I am looking for I always send a thanks but no thanks or the like. My grrrrr is the increasing number of replies I then get making comments on my 'preferences'. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. If someone can be polite enough to pleasantly decline your unwanted offer then have the good grace to accept it.

Thank you. Feel better now.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

just glancing at your profile surely they would understand you want black guys over 30? i hope it helped getting it off your chest!!

shame you dont like young white guys though

By *llie Rose OP   Woman
over a year ago

By the seaside

"just glancing at your profile surely they would understand you want black guys over 30? i hope it helped getting it off your chest!!

shame you dont like young white guys though "

I was beginning to think it wasn't very clearly written. Thank you for giving me sone hope lol.

over a year ago

Andy once said to a guy, sorry but you're not Lynne's type. With which he replied "well what is her type then", Andy's response was "not you obviously". We very rarely are rude to people, but when you get a message like that, what else do you say? x

over a year ago

"just glancing at your profile surely they would understand you want black guys over 30? i hope it helped getting it off your chest!!

shame you dont like young white guys though

I was beginning to think it wasn't very clearly written. Thank you for giving me sone hope lol. "

Ellie, your profile is very clear and concise. I sometimes get the same problem.

over a year ago

Short white guys under 30 can't read

over a year ago

OP, like you, I used to try to answer all messages (just being polite, I thought). But I soon got fed up of guys who wanted to continue the conversation AFTER my "thanks but no thanks" message.

The return mails were usually:-

~ thanks for replying

~ why not?

~ please change your mind, you're gorgeous

~ you're an ugly minger anyway

After months and months of these, I decided not to send 'thanks but no thanks' messages. It says in the FAQs that it's not rude not to reply - that 'message deleted' is the same as 'thanks but no thanks'.

By *llie Rose OP   Woman
over a year ago

By the seaside

It would help if there was a delete with a pleasant decline message lol.

over a year ago

Then again..... I've lost count of the number of profiles that say "no single men" but haven't filtered them out of replying

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

"Then again..... I've lost count of the number of profiles that say "no single men" but haven't filtered them out of replying "

I haven't filtered out my age prederences or tv/TS because even thought I don't want to meet them I still have had messages from them regarding forum posts/ststus updates/new photos etc

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

"It would help if there was a delete with a pleasant decline message lol. "

It would make no difference. Another site I am on has this. It is continuously ignored.

over a year ago

"Then again..... I've lost count of the number of profiles that say "no single men" but haven't filtered them out of replying "

why should we have to?

By *arewithmeMan
over a year ago

Craven Arms

"OP, like you, I used to try to answer all messages (just being polite, I thought). But I soon got fed up of guys who wanted to continue the conversation AFTER my "thanks but no thanks" message.

The return mails were usually:-

~ thanks for replying

~ why not?

~ please change your mind, you're gorgeous

~ you're an ugly minger anyway

After months and months of these, I decided not to send 'thanks but no thanks' messages. It says in the FAQs that it's not rude not to reply - that 'message deleted' is the same as 'thanks but no thanks'."

If i get a reply and being a single guy i don't get many, i like to be polite to the genuine ones that have botherd to reply to me, so saying "thanks for replying" isn't in my mind trying to continue a chat its being polite and saying "thanks"

By *edro03Man
over a year ago

biggleswade, beds.

Quite right, mr, craven arms guy ( sounds like a pub ) just polite to say, thanks for replying !

over a year ago

"It would help if there was a delete with a pleasant decline message lol. "

One problem with this is .... if you reply, but then subsequently decide to filter out a particular group, your reply over-rides your filter, and they can keep on mailing you.

Also, to the poster who thinks that people who won't have sex with single guys should filter them out - why??? I don't have sex with members who are female, couples or TV/TS, but lots of my best swinging friends are from these groups. My inbox is there to keep in touch with ALL my friends, regardless of gender and sexual orientation. Swinging is about more than sex, you know!

Post new Message to Thread