Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

How big is "Fabulous"?

Jump to newest

By *rummiePartyMan OP   Man
over a year ago

birmingham

I'm sure you've been there, looked at the size and seen "fabulous". So what does it mean? I've seen it used to mean "body perfect" and I've seen it used as the one step up from "Ample" and "Large".

Where there's a photo you can make a judgement, but where not what are you supposed to think?

Bear in mind that there are as many who go for the larger figure who will be confused as those whose preferences are the other way. It's not really a helpful expression is it? Or is it?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *woBiTwoCouple
over a year ago

north manchester

No, it's very subjective. We find its more often used by very fat people who think they are ultra desirable.....but as you say, sometimes by people who think they have a stunning, slimmer profile. Should be removed. Lets stick with athletic,slim, average and large.

By *adcowWoman
over a year ago

kirkcaldy

i think fabulous describes how the person feels rather than looks - happy in their own skin and confident enough too

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"i think fabulous describes how the person feels rather than looks - happy in their own skin and confident enough too"
I think I d go along with that.

By *woBiTwoCouple
over a year ago

north manchester

"i think fabulous describes how the person feels rather than looks - happy in their own skin and confident enough too"

..so totally useless as a tool for selecting your own preferences when browsing.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"i think fabulous describes how the person feels rather than looks - happy in their own skin and confident enough too

..so totally useless as a tool for selecting your own preferences when browsing. "

that's what photos are for... I would describe myself as squishy lol

over a year ago

It describes how a women feels about her own body

By *andACouple
over a year ago

glasgow

This doesnt really make sense as its asking your body type, not how you feel.

In saying that though, everyone can make a judgement call based on the pics on a profile whether or not there is an attraction.

By *r and Mrs BiteMeCouple
over a year ago

Belbroughton, Stourbridge

I used it as a step up from large and ample - as the listing goes up in size order and that is at top I took it as the largest descriptive term - and that is me

over a year ago

As small or as big as you like.

It is both personal and subjective, just as all the other descriptions are.

Size / body shape isn't something I would look at on a profile unless body pictures weren't available.

over a year ago

"i think fabulous describes how the person feels rather than looks - happy in their own skin and confident enough too

..so totally useless as a tool for selecting your own preferences when browsing. "

Not really !

For example - your profile clearly states you're looking for people similar to yourselves - which you have described as slim.

So I guess you'd just search for those who describe themselves as slim - or perhaps athletic too!

And if anyone ever needs confirmation of someone's 'size ' or 'shape' they'll look at the pictures - and if there's none visible either request some - or move onto one that has some!

By *andy andy69Man
over a year ago

worksop ish

"i think fabulous describes how the person feels rather than looks - happy in their own skin and confident enough tooI think I d go along with that. "

Deffo

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"I'm sure you've been there, looked at the size and seen "fabulous". So what does it mean? I've seen it used to mean "body perfect" and I've seen it used as the one step up from "Ample" and "Large".

Where there's a photo you can make a judgement, but where not what are you supposed to think?

Bear in mind that there are as many who go for the larger figure who will be confused as those whose preferences are the other way. It's not really a helpful expression is it? Or is it?

"

There are sooooooooooooo many people on here. If you come across a profile that makes you furrow your brow in confusion why worry about it and not move onto the next one?

Or have you just been knocked back by someone "fabulous" and this is your (not so) subtle dig?!!

over a year ago

..so totally useless as a tool for selecting your own preferences when browsing.

Not really !

For example - your profile clearly states you're looking for people similar to yourselves - which you have described as slim.

So I guess you'd just search for those who describe themselves as slim - or perhaps athletic too!

And if anyone ever needs confirmation of someone's 'size ' or 'shape' they'll look at the pictures - and if there's none visible either request some - or move onto one that has some!"

over a year ago

birmingham

"For example - your profile clearly states you're looking for people similar to yourselves - which you have described as slim.

So I guess you'd just search for those who describe themselves as slim - or perhaps athletic too!"

So what would you make of a profile with no pics, where someone describes themselves as "fabulous" and are also looking for "similar"?

"There are sooooooooooooo many people on here. If you come across a profile that makes you furrow your brow in confusion why worry about it and not move onto the next one?"

Exactly...use a non-descript description and you end up shooting yourself in the foot.

"Or have you just been knocked back by someone "fabulous" and this is your (not so) subtle dig?!! "

Not a dig at anyone. Simply an observation of a bit of a confusing anomaly.

over a year ago

"i think fabulous describes how the person feels rather than looks - happy in their own skin and confident enough tooI think I d go along with that. "

What they said! x

By *reelove1969Couple
over a year ago

bristol

I take it to mean a large lady who is confident with her own body

over a year ago

"For example - your profile clearly states you're looking for people similar to yourselves - which you have described as slim.

So what would you make of a profile with no pics, where someone describes themselves as "fabulous" and are also looking for "similar"?

"

As I said - I'd ask for a pic - and if told they had none and weren't willing to say a quick hi in a chat room - I'd move on!

Simples!!

By *woBiTwoCouple
over a year ago

north manchester

There are sooooooooooooo many people on here. If you come across a profile that makes you furrow your brow in confusion why worry about it and not move onto the next one?

Exactly...use a non-descript description and you end up shooting yourself in the foot.

Or have you just been knocked back by someone "fabulous" and this is your (not so) subtle dig?!!

Not a dig at anyone. Simply an observation of a bit of a confusing anomaly."

My point(s) exactly. Not a dig, just a reaction to an ambiguous term that can be used by slim/athletic members, or just as easily by fat/obese people who like their own shape. So it really shouldn't be in a list of body types.

By *reelove1969Couple
over a year ago

bristol

"

So it really shouldn't be in a list of body types. "

so what would you replace it with ??

over a year ago

Not a dig at anyone. Simply an observation of a bit of a confusing anomaly.

My point(s) exactly. Not a dig, just a reaction to an ambiguous term that can be used by slim/athletic members, or just as easily by fat/obese people who like their own shape. So it really shouldn't be in a list of body types. "

But all body types are subjective.

I would describe myself as fat or large and have no issue with using either term

I have a ftiend however who wears the same size clothes as me who describes himself as stocky and quite simply refuses to believe that he is fat or large.

So who has the body dismorphia ? Me ? Him ? both of us ? Or neither of us ?

By *reelove1969Couple
over a year ago

bristol

"

So who has the body dismorphia ? Me ? Him ? both of us ? Or neither of us ?"

exactly .. singing off the same hymn sheet here

its how you feel about yourself .. if I listened to what people say about me I would shoot myself as I am a skinny little runt .. however ,, im very happy in what I do .. I love exercise and that's how I choose to spend my day .. the fact that people don't like my appearance is of no consequence to me

over a year ago

I thought fabulous meant a bit bigger than usual. But also could mean like others have said how you feel in yourself. Im down as curvy but since joining have def got a bit of a bigger belly.

over a year ago

For men, I think we should replace fabulous with 'rugby build'

over a year ago

"For men, I think we should replace fabulous with 'rugby build' "

I always think its a bit strange when I see a guys profile with fabulous, but there is nothing else for the slightly bigger guy, so rugby build sounds like a good one

over a year ago

Rotund?

Portly?

Chunky Monkey??

By *woBiTwoCouple
over a year ago

north manchester

Some of you could have a debate in an empty room!

I wouldn't replace it with anything. Just remove it. It's about as relevant to a body style list as 'silver' or 'volatile' would be.

Yes, all descriptive terms are subjective, and yes a lot of people are self-deluding, but the term 'fabulous' doesn't belong on the list.

By *ucyhenry69Couple
over a year ago

Hampton

Fabulous means fat.

over a year ago

I took it to mean large as it is at the end of the list and the list seems to go up in size.

I listed myself as curvy and got fed up of being told I'm not. So now I list my dress size in my profile text to save confusion.

Yes people can feel fab about themselves but in this context, it's not really an answer, more a declined to answer option

over a year ago

that's what photos are for... I would describe myself as squishy lol "

Is that after you've had 30 plus guys cum in and over you ? mmmmmm

over a year ago

birmingham

Ugly looking Prop Forward? Big burly muscular heroic Second Row? Fly Half? Or a "girly" Winger with finely coiffeured hair, manicured finger nails, just a hint of eye shadow, and a nice smile for the camera? LOL

over a year ago

"

Yes people can feel fab about themselves but in this context, it's not really an answer, more a declined to answer option "

over a year ago

"I'm sure you've been there, looked at the size and seen "fabulous". So what does it mean? I've seen it used to mean "body perfect" and I've seen it used as the one step up from "Ample" and "Large".

Or have you just been knocked back by someone "fabulous" and this is your (not so) subtle dig?!! "

PMSL!

over a year ago

Fabulous, what the dictionary says:

1.of or relating to fable, myth or legend.

2.characteristic of fables; marvelous, extraordinary, incredible, unbelievable, absurd, extreme, or exaggerated.

3.fictional or not believable; made up.

4.known for telling fables or falsehoods; unreliable.

5.very good; outstanding, wonderful.

We'd say there were more cons than pros.

It all depends which ones you choose to believe, especially in the absence of photos.

XXXX

Post new Message to Thread