Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Confidence has taken a hit

Jump to newest

By *roxhotwifecpl4fun OP   Couple
10 weeks ago

goffs oak

Over the last couple of weeks Kelly’s confidence has taken a knock, partly due to a situation at work but it’s also affected her self esteem in the bedroom. Anyone experienced the same and any advice on how to help boost her confidence again?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *uncouplerk40Couple
10 weeks ago

TD

Oh no we’re sorry to hear this x

Can you get away for a few days. Change of scenery and recharge?

We’ve also found meditation to help

Our thoughts are with you guys x

By *ausage1970Man
10 weeks ago

Shrewsbury

Create a space where work stays at the door and doesn't come in.

Confidence or it breakdown is a place that can play havoc with your partners mind so just be there and encourage with lots of verbal support and patience. Also tell her to find a new job that makes her feel happier.

By *amesnplanesMan
10 weeks ago

Swords and Dublin

Oh, sorry likewise to hear your Mrs is having a few difficulties.

A short break always helps as TD suggested. My suggestion would be a long deep tissue massage for Mrs .... With no sensual aspects. After a few of those, her body and stress levels would return to normal - puts Everything in perspective

By *espectfulSilverFoxMan
10 weeks ago

sunbury

"Oh no we’re sorry to hear this x

Can you get away for a few days. Change of scenery and recharge?

We’ve also found meditation to help

Our thoughts are with you guys x"

Sorry to hear this...work related issues are never great.

Could not agree more that what TD said.

Have gone through similar, always good to get advice and talk as well. Get it of your chest...options always seem better.

Good luck mr and mrs Brox!

By *evonrobMan
10 weeks ago

Kingsbridge

Certainly no reason to have any lack of self confidence or esteem if your lovely pics are anything to go by.

Separate pit work from home, it’s only work after all!!

You sound a lovely couple, you’ll be fine I’m sure.

R xx

By *iredhandMan
10 weeks ago

Manchester

In agreement with everything that has already been said but would add that it might be best to address the root cause. If this workplace situation is impacting on ‘mental health’ it should be raised with the appropriate personnel, if she works for a business that has someone responsible for employee wellbeing. The danger is that if that isn’t addressed it could be repeated.

By *olden_Road_to_SamarkandMan
10 weeks ago

LONDON

Time away, chatting and just being yourselves. None of us are defined by out workplace relationships, particularly if colleagues are being unsupportive.

Take care both!

By *arah_kieran_ukCouple
10 weeks ago

Greater London

Really sorry to hear this OP (& Kelly), we both go through periods were we lost confidence. For us (and we realise everyone is different) a little protected time for each other starts to rebuild the confidence, as the other reminds them about everything they love about the one feeling low. That can be appearance, behaviour, attitude, kindness or any other thing you both hold dear. For us making the other feel secure and safe allows that confidence to grow and once that happens the small steps of being able to receive compliments and actually hear them returns.

I’m not sure any of that makes sense or resonates for others but I really hope you are both feeling a little more positive soon enough.

Kieran & Sarah xx

By *hat The CuckCouple
10 weeks ago

South London

We are the same. Wife had major surgery leaving a large scar down the center of her chest and anhuge change to lifestyle which had resulted in a little unwanted weight gain during recovery

The scar is very neat and can be hidden by underwear and I don’t think its an issue at all

But she no longer feels sexy or desirable despite me frequently reassuring her. It’s totally put her off returning to the online scene at present as this can be a harsh place at times.

By *uff and FruitCouple
10 weeks ago

littleport

I think it's so hard when something knocks you down. Without realising it, it can really hit hard. I guess talking through it within your relationship or support from outside can make a difference but in some cases it may take long than you think. Sometimes a little break away together or a break from the scene may be the best for you both. Just be kind to yourself xx

By *neeyedwillieMan
10 weeks ago

Darlington

Everyone, and I mean everyone, deals with confidence knockbacks at one point or another in their lives and all for.various different reasons.

The real trick is how you overcome it.

Personally I'm an advocate for faking it till I start making it again. Just continue as normal, put myself back into situations I may not feel like being in and just just get on with it till I feel like my old self again. The alternative would be to just hide away and that serves no one, least of all me.

My wife on the other hand, when she's had down moments, well I do what's needed. Make her feel special, remind her how much I love her etc. Sometimes it's nothing more than saying the right thing with a cuddle and other times it's just a break from whatever is going on like a weekend away just to step away from it all.

There is sadly no one solution fixes all problems..but there may be one person to fix the problem and that's you. You know your wife best so draw from that, show her how much you care and build her back up again. Hopefully she will be back to her old self before you know it.

Good luck

Post new Message to Thread