Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Is age a recognised disability on Fab?

Jump to newest

By *appyDays64 OP   Man
7 days ago

Yorkshire or Lincolnshire

So many have their profiles set at a max age of 55 or 60..even 99..yet if you message them even at 55 you are deemed to old. I am beginning to think age is a disability and maybe I should start lying and reduce it by 10 years.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

7 days ago

East Sussex

[Removed by poster at 25/06/24 21:09:37]

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

7 days ago

East Sussex

A disability? I don't think so.

People don't want to meet old people and I don't blame them, I wouldn't want to meet me.

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

7 days ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

What would happen if a 61 year old woman messaged you though?

They may feel the same.....

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple
7 days ago

Cumbria

"So many have their profiles set at a max age of 55 or 60..even 99..yet if you message them even at 55 you are deemed to old. I am beginning to think age is a disability and maybe I should start lying and reduce it by 10 years."

Definitely a thread to make disabled people feel better about themselves.

By *appyDays64 OP   Man
7 days ago

Difference being that my profile clearly has 60 as my preferred age limit.. that's why it's different ffs ..

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
7 days ago

Carlisle usually

People don't want to have sex with you?

Shit. Lying to them is clearly the only answer

By *carlet SeductionWoman
7 days ago

Maidstone

Yet you have your preference set to 60 OP. We all have preferences. Suck it up buttercup. Most guys don't want to meet a sarcastic menopausal crazy cat lady but I'm not crying into my beer.

By *agatoXXXMan
7 days ago

Carol Vorderman's underwear drawer.

"So many have their profiles set at a max age of 55 or 60..even 99..yet if you message them even at 55 you are deemed to old. I am beginning to think age is a disability and maybe I should start lying and reduce it by 10 years."

As someone with an actual disability, I find this borderline offensive.

There are other disabled people here, and plenty older than you, and me. We just get on with things.

By *appyDays64 OP   Man
7 days ago

The point I am trying to make is set your age preferences correctly to save people the hassle of messaging you when clearly you're looking for specific age groups.

By *appyDays64 OP   Man
7 days ago

[Removed by poster at 25/06/24 21:17:52]

By *appyDays64 OP   Man
7 days ago

"So many have their profiles set at a max age of 55 or 60..even 99..yet if you message them even at 55 you are deemed to old. I am beginning to think age is a disability and maybe I should start lying and reduce it by 10 years.

There are other disabled people here, and plenty older than you, and me. We just get on with things."

Disability comes in many forms not all physical.!!

By *ealitybitesMan
7 days ago

Belfast

"The point I am trying to make is set your age preferences correctly to save people the hassle of messaging you when clearly you're looking for specific age groups."

Could be just you they don't want to meet and that's the simplest way of saying no.

I didn't join here until I was 52 and I've never had any issues connecting with people I'm interested in.

My age has never been a topic of conversation.

Age is only an issue when you make it one yourself.

By *r.Vice GuyMan
7 days ago

bristol/london

"Yet you have your preference set to 60 OP. We all have preferences. Suck it up buttercup. Most guys don't want to meet a sarcastic menopausal crazy cat lady but I'm not crying into my beer. "

Who said menopausal amd cats?

By *punk n gushCouple
7 days ago

Walmer,

Personally I prefer the older male

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

7 days ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"The point I am trying to make is set your age preferences correctly to save people the hassle of messaging you when clearly you're looking for specific age groups."

People don't meet other people just because they're a certain age though do they.

It's one factor.

People turn down those within their age preferences all the time.

By *hatsWhatCoupleCouple
7 days ago

Northampton

So OP, how do you think this has gone?

We have a plus or minus 10 on our profile. If it weren’t for website settings it would be much narrower.

We meet in clubs and play with people we click with, age is irrelevant in this scenario. But as an open inbox on Fab, we have to set guidelines, age is one of those.

Age isn’t a disability, but it is a characteristic and we are free to have a preference. If you’re offended by that, fine, but please keep it to yourself, or sue us if you feel there is a case.

Most of all, have fun

Xx

By *rpeggioCouple
7 days ago

Baughurst

__

Maybe people do set up their age preferences correctly, so it's just that they do not find your profile that attractive. Would that be possible?

7 days ago

Cumbria

"So many have their profiles set at a max age of 55 or 60..even 99..yet if you message them even at 55 you are deemed to old. I am beginning to think age is a disability and maybe I should start lying and reduce it by 10 years.

There are other disabled people here, and plenty older than you, and me. We just get on with things.

Disability comes in many forms not all physical.!!"

You can’t see how comparing age and disability might be offensive to disabled people?

By *acky RacersCouple
7 days ago

Lincoln

As far as I'm aware, in the context of a site where people are looking for others to have sex with, there are no protected characteristics...in the same way as your sexuality would rule you out for us, we're not discriminating against you, we're just expressing our own sexual preferences.

It implies that you think you have the right to be considered even if someone chooses not to meet you whatever their reasons...is that what you think?

By *appyDays64 OP   Man
7 days ago

As far as I'm aware, in the context of a site where people are looking for others to have sex with, there are no protected characteristics...in the same way as your sexuality would rule you out for us, we're not discriminating against you, we're just expressing our own sexual preferences.

It implies that you think you have the right to be considered even if someone chooses not to meet you whatever their reasons...is that what you think?"

Not at all..I totally agree and understand. My point is that if you have a preference please update your profile to reflect this and don't send a derogatory message back just saying "too old"

I really couldn't care less if I am not their type and do not take any offence with that...it just winds me up when age becomes a factor yet the profile doesn't state this..

By *iverstMan
7 days ago

Rossendale

"A disability? I don't think so.

People don't want to meet old people and I don't blame them, I wouldn't want to meet me. "

I would, you are an attractive lady!

By *unchalMan
7 days ago

Dartford

"What would happen if a 61 year old woman messaged you though?

They may feel the same..... "

Hey. 61 is not old!

By *ipstick KissesWoman
7 days ago

South Down, Northern Ireland

My upper age limit is set at 60. However some people younger than that may be too old for me because not everyone is equal. Some might be too old for me in demeanour, their looks, how they dress, etc etc.

By *WB85Man
7 days ago

Staffordshire

I'd call it a preference.

By *8on33Man
7 days ago

winfrith

"Yet you have your preference set to 60 OP. We all have preferences. Suck it up buttercup. Most guys don't want to meet a sarcastic menopausal crazy cat lady but I'm not crying into my beer. "
What beer have you got and is it cold?

By *helamontsCouple
7 days ago

Edinburgh

Our lower age limit is 45.

Once got a reply from a guy stating the following.

Hi, my profile says i'm 41 but i'm really 51 but I fuck like i'm 21 ...

By *unchalMan
7 days ago

Dartford

Do people actually say you are too old for me? I wonder if it would ever occur to an 18 year old to post about getting rejected because they were too young? I’m not sure I understand the issue.

By *unchalMan
7 days ago

Dartford

Do people really only look for a specific age group. I have mine set as a way of saying I want mature adults rather I would never entertain anyone older. Although it very unlikely that I would be interested in sex with. 99 year old.

By *unchalMan
7 days ago

Dartford

"The point I am trying to make is set your age preferences correctly to save people the hassle of messaging you when clearly you're looking for specific age groups.

Could be just you they don't want to meet and that's the simplest way of saying no.

I didn't join here until I was 52 and I've never had any issues connecting with people I'm interested in.

My age has never been a topic of conversation.

Age is only an issue when you make it one yourself."

I’m even older and it has never really been an issue. In fact, I was happy to discover that I am considered a bit of commodity amongst certain groups of people (men) some of them considerably younger than me.

By *actilenorfolkgentMan
7 days ago

Norwich

How does couple of years either way make any difference?

By *orthcoupleCouple
7 days ago

Newcastle

Age a disability??? I am trying to refrain from posting what I think of you as I will just be banned etc.

Unbelievable......

By *hunky GentMan
7 days ago

Maldon and Peterborough

Nahhhhh. I'm getting sexier with age.

You may find that hard to believe, but......

By *assy LassieWoman
6 days ago

Lanarkshire

Ahead is an easy excuse to both reject someone and.... a cop out for some who have little interaction. The woe is me it's my age thing doesn't wash. It's not your age it's any number of other factors.

By *assy LassieWoman
6 days ago

Lanarkshire

Age not ahead

By *sirapMan
6 days ago

magic land

I’ve got no problem with an upper age limit. I just want to have decent conversations with mature people!

By *elloWoman
6 days ago

alpha centauri

Maybe they're just saying you're too old as a lighter approach to rejecting you

By *arkus1812Man
6 days ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

People don't want to meet old people and I don't blame them, I wouldn't want to meet me. "

I would

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

6 days ago

East Sussex

[Removed by poster at 26/06/24 09:57:59]

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

6 days ago

East Sussex

People don't want to meet old people and I don't blame them, I wouldn't want to meet me.

I would "

By *allipygousMan
6 days ago

Leicester

Stop it. Just stop.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

6 days ago

East Sussex

Stop it. Just stop."

It was tongue in cheek, our in box shows that people do want to meet me

However it's true that many younger people don't want to meet older and a lot of older people would rather meet younger.

It's just how it is and I'm cool with it

By *allipygousMan
6 days ago

Leicester

If I see a good looking young woman I always wonder what her mother, or even grandmother, looks like. I have always preferred women my own age or older. I don't find saggy skin a turn off and find a bit of a mum-tum a turn on.

By *ivemealadybonerWoman
6 days ago

somewhere

I know some men of an older persuasion shall we say, have a "fab age" where they knock a few years down.

By *allipygousMan
6 days ago

Leicester

Stop it. Just stop.

However it's true that many younger people don't want to meet older and a lot of older people would rather meet younger.

It's just how it is and I'm cool with it "

Ah, that's OK. I think you're one of the most desirable women on here but I know that it would be a non-starter because I read profiles.

Oh, and I honestly think you have the wisdom of Solomon.

*Normal service will be resumed shortly.

By *raveltwoCouple
6 days ago

brighton

Is he actually soliciting advice on how to get round peoples preferences? Bet that’s a winning formula!

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple
6 days ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

I was 60 when I joined FAB And never had a problem finding meets. I'm less active now at 75 but I'v had a great time here.

By *allipygousMan
6 days ago

Leicester

"Is he actually soliciting advice on how to get round peoples preferences? Bet that’s a winning formula! "

Having re-read the OP I don't think he is. He's making the common error that a lot of men, and some couples, on here do. They say folk don't want to meet them because they're too young/old/short/straight/bi or others actions spoil for them because blah blah blah, but what they fail to recognise is that it's them as individuals that people don't want to meet, it's nothing to do with their age or whatever.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

6 days ago

East Sussex

Stop it. Just stop.

It's just how it is and I'm cool with it

Ah, that's OK. I think you're one of the most desirable women on here but I know that it would be a non-starter because I read profiles.

Oh, and I honestly think you have the wisdom of Solomon.

*Normal service will be resumed shortly."

Thank you

By *unchalMan
6 days ago

Dartford

"I know some men of an older persuasion shall we say, have a "fab age" where they knock a few years down. "

I can’t see the point of that. Apart from the few genetically gifted folk around, we generally look our age, although decent grooming and clothes make all the difference sometimes.

By *rsKOTCTWoman
6 days ago

Leeds

Age is far from a disability.

Just because people don't want to fuck you due to age preferences doesn't make it a disability.

Try lying see where it gets you when you turn up to a meet looking 10 years older than you state.

6 days ago

Cumbria

"Is he actually soliciting advice on how to get round peoples preferences? Bet that’s a winning formula!

Having re-read the OP I don't think he is. He's making the common error that a lot of men, and some couples, on here do. They say folk don't want to meet them because they're too young/old/short/straight/bi or others actions spoil for them because blah blah blah, but what they fail to recognise is that it's them as individuals that people don't want to meet, it's nothing to do with their age or whatever. "

But f we don’t blame everyone else we have to admit it’s our own fault, it will never catch on.

By *ouples_EroticaXXXCouple
6 days ago

Manchester

No but personal preference is

By *issmorganWoman
6 days ago

Calderdale innit

Don't lie and change your age op, that's not fair and it's getting a meet by deception.

You could be in the person's age range, but they might have other reasons for not meeting you.

I wouldn't want to meet everyman between age 36 and 57,just because that's my age range,there are other factors involved.

Also people still lie and change their age to get round filters too.

By *heekyFlirtyCoupleCouple
6 days ago

Stockport

[Removed by poster at 26/06/24 17:32:52]

6 days ago

Stockport

[Removed by poster at 26/06/24 17:34:34]

6 days ago

Stockport

We are our age , why wouldn't you be ?

Yes over time we've possibly missed out as we age and people's upper limit stays the same

But often we meet and people shocked that they might have not even given us a look

Age isn't what it use to be , but it's still a thing for some people , and that's their choice

By *xfordjohnMan
6 days ago

Oxford

"We are our age , why wouldn't you be ?

Yes over time we've possibly missed out as we age and people's upper limit stays the same

But often we meet and people shocked that they might have not even given us a look

Age isn't what it use to be , but it's still a thing for some people , and that's their choice"

Quite so. A few weeks ago, I had a meet with a couple twenty years younger than me which was quite thrilling. Not everyone is hung up on their own age cohort.

Post new Message to Thread