Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Widows/widowers and swinging

By *olly_chromatic OP   TV/TS
4 weeks ago

Stockport

I'm interested to know the opinions and experiences of other widows or widowers about swinging after the loss of their partner. There are plenty of people of fab who have continued swinging, or have got into swinging, after divorce. But I feel that there is a big difference emotionally when the partner is gone forever, where there can be feelings that never go away.

In my case, whatever difficulties there were in my marriage (and being trans comes with lots of difficulties!) I never stopped loving her and can't see that I ever will. I don't want this to be the end of my sex life, or even my love life (the two being very different things) but at the moment I feel that my capacity for Love with a capital L has been burned out. And I don't want to feel again the Pain that always comes at the end of Love or the passing of the Loved one.

On the other hand, my emotions seem to be wired up in a way that I don't just want sexual experiences with no personal connection at all. I'm not looking for any form of exclusive relationship, but still want to be able to develop feelings. Sort of Some Strings Attached, SSA rather than NSA.

Hoping to hear the views of any others in a similar position in their lives.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
Post new Message to Thread