Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Class and swinging

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Do cpls/singles tend to swing with people of the same social/economic class as themselves? We ask because we often get winked or messaged by cpls and tend to reject them if they are not similar to ourselves economically. This would mean we wouldn't meet a very wealthy cpl (and it id often clear from pictures that someone is a lot wealthier than us) because we would not feel comfortable. This is no judgement on the couple, and we think people who work and earn a lot deserve what they have, but rather about us feeling uncomfortable.

Similarly, we are often messaged and winked, then we send pics, then we hear no reply or its a no thanks, and always from cpls with very large houses, flashy cars etc.

Anybody else in similar boat xx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ulfilthmentMan
over a year ago

Just around the corner

It doesn't bother me either way. I'm not interested in their cars, cash or soft furnishings. Well maybe the furnishings, as long as they look comfortable.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Can't say it would bother me to be honest.

over a year ago

"It doesn't bother me either way. I'm not interested in their cars, cash or soft furnishings. Well maybe the furnishings, as long as they look comfortable. "

We have tended to find that fun is best with people similar to ourselves. We pass no judgment. We don't meet people who in their pictures look a bit Jeremy Kyle-esque either.

over a year ago

I am not sure how you can tell from a profile if someone has a big house, nice car or better off financially than you?

By *hangovCouple
over a year ago

sheffield

Just wondering why, if you wont meet wealthy couples, you send them pics if they wink/message you, why not tell them straightaway that you would not want to meet?

over a year ago

If you're looking for something more than just fun - e.g the potential for regular social, as well as play meets - then I can potentially see an issue.

If you're simply looking for one off or purely fun meets - surely it's more about attraction and personality than bank balances and flash cars/houses?

I've had great meets with folk at both ends of the scale - on benefits in social housing and self employed hugely affluent folk - and have had nothing but fun!

A rich arrogant arsehole is no different to a poor one - and money doesn't make manners!! I take everyone on face value rather than their background !

over a year ago

"Just wondering why, if you wont meet wealthy couples, you send them pics if they wink/message you, why not tell them straightaway that you would not want to meet?"

Most cpls have private pics, we exchange our pics with them of they wink or message, hence why it is hard to divine someones lifestyle until we see pictures. When a cpl are stodd on their drive with an M5 BMW, it does sort of hint they are well off.

over a year ago

"Just wondering why, if you wont meet wealthy couples, you send them pics if they wink/message you, why not tell them straightaway that you would not want to meet?

Most cpls have private pics, we exchange our pics with them of they wink or message, hence why it is hard to divine someones lifestyle until we see pictures. When a cpl are stodd on their drive with an M5 BMW, it does sort of hint they are well off."

Yes maybe, but what about couples with no such picture, how on earth can you tell?

By *awkeye and HotlipsCouple
over a year ago

Takeley

It's more about a meeting of minds, as well as physical attraction for us. There are equally uncompatible folk from all walks of life and social standing. We take people at face value, as we hope they would. It's not about what you earn or how wealthy you are to us.

By *hangovCouple
over a year ago

sheffield

Fair does!But if they just wink you and then dont reply when you answer then you wouldnt see their private pics would you?

We tend to like people who share our views on things, I guess that's a similar sort of thing. We wouldnt be keen on meeting right wing hang the poor types, but then views are not necessarily related to social standing are they?

over a year ago

"Just wondering why, if you wont meet wealthy couples, you send them pics if they wink/message you, why not tell them straightaway that you would not want to meet?

Most cpls have private pics, we exchange our pics with them of they wink or message, hence why it is hard to divine someones lifestyle until we see pictures. When a cpl are stodd on their drive with an M5 BMW, it does sort of hint they are well off.

Yes maybe, but what about couples with no such picture, how on earth can you tell? "

pedant

over a year ago

We tend to be attracted to people who we perceive to have similar experiances and attitude to ourselves rather than social economic status.

We are fortunate enough to have friends from all social economic backgrounds and the glue that holds us together is that we ate not bothered about materialistic possessions.

over a year ago

"Fair does!But if they just wink you and then dont reply when you answer then you wouldnt see their private pics would you?

We tend to like people who share our views on things, I guess that's a similar sort of thing. We wouldnt be keen on meeting right wing hang the poor types, but then views are not necessarily related to social standing are they?"

We are very similar in pir views. We wouldn't meet right wing or racist people, but then again, the higher you go up the income scale the less likely you are to find things in common, as are we not shaped by our material surroundings? For us a normal, working class cpl/man/woman are perfect. We may not agree on everything, but we are more likely to become friends and have better sex

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

I am not bothered about somebody's wealth or status symbols, professions or hobbies as long as we have something in common - be it a sense of humour, a commin interest, a similar view on life, a shared view on values... whatever. There has to be something to connect us and that is the basis for the consideration of whether "we" go further and play.

Mind you... I dislike text speak

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"If you're looking for something more than just fun - e.g the potential for regular social, as well as play meets - then I can potentially see an issue.

If you're simply looking for one off or purely fun meets - surely it's more about attraction and personality than bank balances and flash cars/houses?

I've had great meets with folk at both ends of the scale - on benefits in social housing and self employed hugely affluent folk - and have had nothing but fun!

A rich arrogant arsehole is no different to a poor one - and money doesn't make manners!! I take everyone on face value rather than their background ! "

This!

I've not stayed with two men because of their living condition - two great blokes, but I couldn't.

The first lived in a hotel that had been converted into bedsits. It was dark and grimey and mostly men lived there. I'd have had to go down a flight of stairs and travel along a corridor to get to the loo and shower, which meant getting dressed evey time, and I didn't know who I'd encounter in the dark. He had a kitchenette in his room and he moved the plates to brush his teeth - I asked him to take me home it was dire.

The second was on benefits and had a water heater. He didn't drink tea/coffee s didn't buy them - this meant he didn't have anything to offer me. When I used his toilet he asked me not to flush it. He only flushed it once a day to conserve water - when I lifted the lid... ...I asked him to take me to the station - thankfully they had loos there.

There's certain basic standards of safety, cleansiness I expect - sadly these two gentlemen fell short!

over a year ago

have met a lot of wealthy men, i usualy think they will be more well mannered.

most have been.

i think its different with couples though because women are usualy more judgemental and men behave a lot differently when they are with their wives.

over a year ago

"We tend to be attracted to people who we perceive to have similar experiances and attitude to ourselves rather than social economic status.

We are fortunate enough to have friends from all social economic backgrounds and the glue that holds us together is that we ate not bothered about materialistic possessions.

"

i think swinging is not about social classes .however I think we are more likely to swing with people who work and have a professional job but then again you are going on what people tell you as you don't ask for proof of this on the meet or before the meet do you?lol.to be honest i don't think anyone even if they are rich is going to be totally honest telling you how much money they are worth or what they got in their bank account as you could be a tax inspector .lol.i don't hint it would make them more attractive to swing with either.i think that getting on with some one on a personal and sexual level is the ultimate goal with swinging as your not looking for a life partner after all just a couple or coupes to meet a few times for social and naughty fun times.poppyxx

over a year ago

"have met a lot of wealthy men, i usualy think they will be more well mannered.

most have been.

i think its different with couples though because women are usualy more judgemental and men behave a lot differently when they are with their wives."

you might have met with wealthy men and they might not have told you how wealthy they are.not evryone is open about their earning ability or estate .dare I say some people on here could work for the tax man.lol.

over a year ago

I do not meet people based on their possessions or how much they have in the bank..I meet interesting people that I can communicate with, who can stimulate my mind and body, and who want the same outcome as I do which is fun. Cleanliness and respect are far more important than wealth.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

" Cleanliness and respect are far more important than wealth."

By *aidbackcplMan
over a year ago

blackpool

not really thought about this one till i read your post milfbifun .

thinking about it, i think the only thing that would concern us if we'd already met someone in a large beautiful house and they wanted to come to my 2 up 2 down terraced house lol .

but surely its the people that are involved and not the surroundings that matter ?

i suppose meeting at socials and clubs on neutral ground would be a plan , then it doesnt matter what they have or have not got .

i have to say that the people who never stop telling you what they have materially would be a big turn off for us .

but that apply to anyone we met outside off swinging as well

By *aidbackcplMan
over a year ago

blackpool

omg what a nightmare for you _iss_tress

we'd be running for the door too !!

By *hangovCouple
over a year ago

sheffield

I guess such reasoning is a bit arbitrary really. We are put off by people who use where for we're, there for their and such like.On the other hand one of our best friends can't spell to save her life and it certainly doesn't make us like her less.

By *HAEDRUS2013Man
over a year ago

LONDON

Good question. Alot of the responses have tended to focus on wealth, but class has so many different angles and edges to it, such as education, background, world view, and so on. If you are looking develop friendships or regular meets, it is possible these issues will become more important, and you start to look for peeps who are similar to you.

over a year ago

We like a bit of rough so we don't mind playing with plebs.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"omg what a nightmare for you _iss_tress

we'd be running for the door too !!"

It was. Nice men too.

By *ruitWoman
over a year ago

near kings lynn

It doesnt bother me at all. I have met solicitors lawyers bankers teachers and window cleaners.....I am a normal lady with very little in my bank account with limited time and money for meets.

Some of the people I have met have been not just a different class but a different world almost.

So no it doesnt bother me. As long as we get on and have a laugh in and out of the bed thats all I care about.

I met a guy with a bmw...latest on and wearing a rolex lol....my watch was a cheapy one so I made a joke about it stating that I have a shit car and watch but bloody fabulous boobs lol.

He agreeed lol.

Fruit x

By *aidbackcplMan
over a year ago

blackpool

gorgeous boobs was something his money couldnt obviously buy

nice one _ruit

over a year ago

"I do not meet people based on their possessions or how much they have in the bank..I meet interesting people that I can communicate with, who can stimulate my mind and body, and who want the same outcome as I do which is fun. Cleanliness and respect are far more important than wealth."
here here cleanliness is a must

By *hangovCouple
over a year ago

sheffield

"We like a bit of rough so we don't mind playing with plebs. "

They can be fun, as long as they don't scare the horses!

over a year ago

"It doesnt bother me at all. I have met solicitors lawyers bankers teachers and window cleaners.....I am a normal lady with very little in my bank account with limited time and money for meets.

Some of the people I have met have been not just a different class but a different world almost.

So no it doesnt bother me. As long as we get onand have a laugh in and out of the bed thats all I care about.

I met a guy with a bmw...latest on and wearing a rolex lol....my watch was a cheapy one so I made a joke about it stating that I have a shit car and watch but bloody fabulous boobs lol,

He agreeed lol

Fruit x"

i think thats fab sometimes the car you drive dogging or to a meet isn't your best car and sometimes the place where you hold the meet isn't your best house.lol.so people going on just wealth are shallow it is about the whole package ,views beliefs,culture, education etc.but when all said and done you don't have to have a hundred percent put in all those things to be bloody good in bed or on the washing machine or in the car .so swinging is about social interaction as well as sex but cleanliness ,personality and manners have to be top of the list as well as attraction not bank balance.poppyxx

over a year ago

"We like a bit of rough so we don't mind playing with plebs.

They can be fun, as long as they don't scare the horses!"

or your dog.lol

By *lackCherryCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

Being clean, fun, having an attraction and being able to communicate are key to us.

Though I wouldn't consider someone who has a BMW to be "rich" might be a company car etc etc

over a year ago

"We like a bit of rough so we don't mind playing with plebs.

They can be fun, as long as they don't scare the horses!"

By *ot30scoupleCouple
over a year ago

Oxford, London

It's interesting that many people see class and wealth as so intrinsically linked...I suppose both are very emotive issues; a thought-provoking topic!

By *lackCherryCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

"

Judgemental, lol from he Daily Mail forums, come on"

I really don't understand what you're getting at.

What is clear is you have a REAL problem with anyone you perceive as being more "wealthy" than you. I would with all respect suggest the general issue here lies with yourselves and not everyone else.

I couldn't give a monkeys about some ones wealth or "class" or anything else none of that matters when they are naked infront of you.

Having a permanent chip on your shoulder though about some odd perception of people you dont know or choose to spend any time with is pretty odd though

over a year ago

Yes maybe, but what about couples with no such picture, how on earth can you tell?

pedant"

Hey?

over a year ago

"I am not bothered about somebody's wealth or status symbols, professions or hobbies as long as we have something in common - be it a sense of humour, a commin interest, a similar view on life, a shared view on values... whatever. There has to be something to connect us and that is the basis for the consideration of whether "we" go further and play.

Mind you... I dislike text speak "

By *ruitWoman
over a year ago

near kings lynn

The BMW was his if I rememver right but it is irrelevant of course.

My idea of designer label is next lol. A jib witha plush company car sounds great but very much not in the running for me.

We had a great time in bed anyway x

over a year ago

Our first meet was with a couple who the male half was a millionaire type.

But they were down to earth and we had a great night with them.

The only thing I felt uncomfortable with was that his car was worth more than my house lol

over a year ago

Money or no money, big house or caravan, for me there has to be a connection with people for me to take things further. After all we should be here because we want a bit of adult fun not to "keep up with the Jones'es"

By *ewtoit1Couple
over a year ago

lucan

Do cpls/singles tend to swing with people of the same social/economic class as themselves? We ask because we often get winked or messaged by cpls and tend to reject them if they are not similar to ourselves economically. This would mean we wouldn't meet a very wealthy cpl and it id often clear from pictures that someone is a lot wealthier than us because we would not feel comfortable. This is no judgement on the couple, and we think people who work and earn a lot deserve what they have, but rather about us feeling uncomfortable.

Similarly, we are often messaged and winked, then we send pics, then we hear no reply or its a no thanks, and always from cpls with very large houses, flashy cars etc.

Anybody else in similar boat xx/qare

have to say a lot of people we know dont have a ,lot of money but are class people, and also know people who are very wealthy and lack a lot in the class department, for us its about genuine people wealthy or not , but do think people tend to stay in their own social bracket in life in general

over a year ago

Most cpls have private pics, we exchange our pics with them of they wink or message, hence why it is hard to divine someones lifestyle until we see pictures. When a cpl are stodd on their drive with an M5 BMW, it does sort of hint they are well off."

You can pick up a decent M5 for £20k so I have to disagree

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"

You can pick up a decent M5 for £20k so I have to disagree"

I always thought that for most people that was an expensive car?

over a year ago

Thta was how much my first house cost...

To be honest, if someone is going to judge me based on what things I have or don't have, that says more about them than it does about me...

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Im only interested if someone has the means to get to me, there social status wouldnt bother me unless they started the conversation going on about what they have materialistically those people bore the arse of me

over a year ago

I just like people who are intelligent and articulate. Don't give a monkeys about class or status.

over a year ago

seems all full of social workers and social economic status with values and personal ethics in this one lol very interesting

over a year ago

"Im only interested if someone has the means to get to me, there social status wouldnt bother me unless they started the conversation going on about what they have materialistically those people bore the arse of me"

over a year ago

Had it, lost it, comfortable now, same person, showing of your wealth/cars and rattling on about properties in Spain etc is pathetic, its blatant on most pretty peeps profiles too, huge libraries of every pose in every colour of underwear, after many years studying psychology, this is a no brainer...promotion!

over a year ago

"Do cpls/singles tend to swing with people of the same social/economic class as themselves? We ask because we often get winked or messaged by cpls and tend to reject them if they are not similar to ourselves economically. This would mean we wouldn't meet a very wealthy cpl (and it id often clear from pictures that someone is a lot wealthier than us) because we would not feel comfortable. This is no judgement on the couple, and we think people who work and earn a lot deserve what they have, but rather about us feeling uncomfortable.

Anybody else in similar boat xx"

Had a so called class thing last weekend, been chatting for nearly a year, offered twice to theirs for a party, many chats, full access to pics and any info needed at any time. The insultive texts that followed the abrupt and nonchalant exit wer disgusting but wer made of much stronger stuff to let that filth hurt us. Class/wealth/beauty is a major issue in society, its plain to see and often here it is too!

over a year ago

Most cpls have private pics, we exchange our pics with them of they wink or message, hence why it is hard to divine someones lifestyle until we see pictures. When a cpl are stood on their drive with an M5 BMW, it does sort of hint they are well off.

Excellent ride, posh, fast and a lot of fun but very very hungry. Having had a couple BMWs inc this monster id say they are initially good but treated bad they are much like any other car....always in the garage! lol

£300 for a low pro tyre is just a bit insane and has ridiculous wear factor too, definately for more money than sense peeps, was fun but sense prevailed here. Always been a car person but more for quality and handling than pose factor, sadly the business wont allow such frivolity, but middle market cars are great these days and still insanely depreciative so often available at approachable prices for some. 20k is mental to spend on a car to boost your appearance but many do in the quest for recognition....very sad! For me it has to earn its keep.

over a year ago

"I am not sure how you can tell from a profile if someone has a big house, nice car or better off financially than you? "

Not worth even looking or trying to guess j, but the signs are there, rich/pretty/arrogant, it has got to peek out in some way and is difficult to hide

over a year ago

If you think class is indicated by the size of your car, you are mistaken.

Post new Message to Thread