Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

How far would you travel for a meet?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Just curious as to how far people would be prepared to travel for a meet? We prefer to meet couples outside of our own county so obviously willing to travel but unless we are making a weekend of it would like to be within an hour or so journey time.

Guess we find it strange that people would ask you to make a 250 mile round trip on a last minute meet request for that very same evening..... by the time you got there it would be time to come home again!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *tevelizCouple
over a year ago

northampton

mexico, but it was a couple we had met before.

By *lackshadow7Man
over a year ago

Toronto

I've been over to Seattle for a meet before, haha.

Nowadays, with some planning, i'll do cross country for the right person/ people.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"mexico, but it was a couple we had met before.

"

Hope it was worth it !!

over a year ago

I only travel locally, 15 mins at the most, works for my family circumstances

over a year ago

Northampton

over a year ago

For a last minute meet I wouldn't want to travel far, but if it was planned in advance I'd be fine with a few hours travel.

over a year ago

We say within a hr to hr and half, for localish meets, and if staying over we are prepared to travel the country and over sea,s if met before or going with swinging friends

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

As I don't have a car it has to be somewhere easily accessible by public transport. That usually means I have to leave earlyish too. But I make the most of my work travels and abuse the free hotel privilege shamelessly.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

100m

over a year ago

With all the timewasting wonna be's on here we'd travel as far as our local, so not that far. why waste money on other ppl just because there full of shit.

* cReEpS rOunD cRyPt * -|-

over a year ago

Prepared to travel a few hours but we sometimes find people don't believe us and are very sceptical.

By *issBehavingxxWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

[Removed by poster at 21/02/13 21:09:40]

By *issBehavingxxWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

Half an hour .... and won't meet anyone who would have to travel morw than that to meet me

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

[Removed by poster at 21/02/13 21:40:19]

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

"100m"

Only a hundred metres? Good for you!

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

187 miles is our record...but it was worth the trip

By *icked weaselCouple
over a year ago

Near Edinburgh..

For the right meet - we would travel to anywhere warm..

over a year ago

"With all the timewasting wonna be's on here we'd travel as far as our local, so not that far. why waste money on other ppl just because there full of shit.

* cReEpS rOunD cRyPt * -|-"

Count us out of that statement , we have not let anyone down on meet yet .

Mind, we have been let down ourselves a few times .

By *uttyMan
over a year ago

Local to you maybe

Nowadays mostly just around Glasgow area due to family. Have been through to Edinburgh, fife before that for meets

So all in all probably about 15-30 mins

over a year ago

"100m"

100metres!!! Lol if you lived where we did you'd have to look at alternate sexual practices

There are no people within 100m

We'd travel an hour.

over a year ago

I never do last min meets.

But have travelled all the way to Cornwall for a weekend it was awesome to finally meet a friend I had been chatting to for years x

over a year ago

150 miles round trip and was very much worth it on both occasions. However, driving back with a particularly sore bum was not very comfortable although totally delicious.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

About an hour maximum I'd say.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"100m

Only a hundred metres? Good for you!"

I kid you not. I always meet for a coffee during my lunch break. The Marks I get my sarnie is in fact less than 100m from my desk: Costas is next door.

Should they not show, I was going to Marks anyway so no time wasted on my part. It works for me, 100% success rate!

over a year ago

Silk has travelled London to Preston when he was a single. Was about 6 hours on a coach would have been around 4 driving. From what he has told me of the meet it was well worth it. Myself and as a couple have travelled for an hour to meet but would be willing to travel further as long as a weekend could be made of it with the right couple/lady.

MissD

By *ukus 62Woman
over a year ago

Essex

have travelled from birmingham to barking and was worth it

over a year ago

I'm prepared to travel anywhere in the country and have travelled long distances before

over a year ago

I once went 206 miles (spontaneously, on a train.... and those fecking rail replacement buses). It was worth it though

And then 206 miles home the next day *sigh*

over a year ago

Have travelled from Manchedter to March in Cambridgeshire by car for an afternoon meet and travelled back same day. It meant being on the road for over 6 hours in total but it was well worth it.

over a year ago

We travelled from Glasgow to Carlisle, booked a hotel only to be stood up by a couple who we met the week before.

So we wasted £200 on fuel & hotel expenses,,,,,not to mention the money they owed us for the meal the week before.

It's taught us an expensive lesson that we won't forget.

Grrrr time wasters

over a year ago

We regulary travel 250 - 300 miles to meets 3 -4 hours by car and always been worth it xx

over a year ago

I have travelled to Newcastle but it wasn't a last minute meet and we had been talking a while. It was a great weekend

I would never do a long distance trip at the last minute. My mate left London when he got to Nottingham the meet had switched her phone off.

over a year ago

1 hr.

over a year ago

I don't like to travel and prefer close by meets. But then I don't have much spare time and when I do I don't want to waste it travelling

Plus lots and lots of sexy people to choose from in my area

over a year ago

I used to travel a long way during the earlier days of my swinging, but these days don't really travel outside of the West Midlands, I'd have to be EXCEPTIONALLY attracted to someone to venture further.

over a year ago

I would travel any distance, as i love to travel. But it will be to meet those who i trust and i have gotten to know very well over a period of time.

I dont have much time because im working most days so would prefer meets closer to home, but i havent found anyone that live close to me as of yet.

Everyone that really tickles my fancy have been out of London..but i am quite the 'shy' type. Wouldnt ask for a meet on a specific day, more wait for her to ask me to come up on a particular day..

.however, that may be my flaw i suppose.

over a year ago

Have travelled a round trip of 350 in one day for a meet...but it was so worth it

over a year ago

MissD took the words right out of my mouth.

From a young age I've been travelling long distances, seeing different parts of England, to meet new people so travelling up to Preston from London was a piece of cake.

Well worth the travel as it was a couple I had known for a while.

I've had London meets but I like to travel so it was a win win for me.

over a year ago

I don't drive so not far.

over a year ago

All this talk of distance is interesting. Anyone know if the proclaimers swing as i reckon they would walk 500 miles

over a year ago

Been there, done that, got the t shirt but these days I stay local.

over a year ago

Iv been to Edinburgh in the past, love the Scottish ladies! Spent the weekend so it was worth it i suppose!

over a year ago

"Just curious as to how far people would be prepared to travel for a meet? We prefer to meet couples outside of our own county so obviously willing to travel but unless we are making a weekend of it would like to be within an hour or so journey time.

Guess we find it strange that people would ask you to make a 250 mile round trip on a last minute meet request for that very same evening..... by the time you got there it would be time to come home again! "

Has to be with planning. I.e any reasonable distance to meet over night or maybe make a weekend of it, I don't mean with the person being met, but so many nice places to stay these days why not tie it all in together, fun and culture.

By *mallteaserWoman
over a year ago

Central

I find the travel all part of the adventure xxxx

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

2 hrs max got to get to kestrels somehow

over a year ago

I won't travel more than an hour and I am not interested in those over that as I don't think its fair to expect anyone to travel a distance I cannot, even if they beg

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"I won't travel more than an hour and I am not interested in those over that as I don't think its fair to expect anyone to travel a distance I cannot, even if they beg "

Agree. After a social meet the next is at mine. If my adult children thwart my plans and I have to meet at theirs I'm not travelling great distances.

I have on my profile the boroughs I'll travel to: a radius of 10 miles but depending on the time of day that could be two hours ONE way!

over a year ago

After an awful meet where we felt massively obliged to play with a guy who really wasn't what he'd portrayed himself as when we were new and naive because he'd travelled so far to meet us, we instigated a rule that we wouldn't travel or have anyone else travel more than around an hour...closer if possible because it makes repeat meets and friendship easier to sustain but because we live in the arse end of Lincolnshire it takes a goodly while to get here...

over a year ago

We don't mind travelling to a club or a party but for first meets we go no more than 10 minutes.

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

Upto around 500 light years or +/-2000 standard Earth years.

I may travel further for the right person.

over a year ago

"Upto around 500 light years or +/-2000 standard Earth years.

I may travel further for the right person. "

Ah yes we enjoyed travelling in your time machine

over a year ago

I sometimes do a 7 hour round trip to see my bloke.

For anyone else I'll travel about half an hour.

over a year ago

As a rule of thumb an hour away, but I have been known to travel further afield for a special treat...

By *inktherapyCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

Have flown up to Edinburgh a few times (700 mile round trip) and been to London a few times too. Wouldn't do that for just anyone, though! Tend to stick to within 30 minutes travel if I can usually (often less ) although will make an exception of up to an hour for really good fun

over a year ago

"I only travel locally, 15 mins at the most, works for my family circumstances"

Ditto

By *ollie_JCouple
over a year ago

London

Our first meet was a round trip of 280 miles

over a year ago

We would travel to the other end of the country for the right people! But up to an hours drive is the normal

over a year ago

I have limited time for meets so i dont go outside a half hour radius of driving. Otherwise i spend more time in the car than in bed lol- not good

By *aggiebabeWoman
over a year ago

redditch

I'd go to the other end of the country for the right person.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

ermmmmm I have not travelled far but people have travelled far to meet me... I feel honoured that they have done that.

over a year ago

"Just curious as to how far people would be prepared to travel for a meet? We prefer to meet couples outside of our own county so obviously willing to travel but unless we are making a weekend of it would like to be within an hour or so journey time.

Guess we find it strange that people would ask you to make a 250 mile round trip on a last minute meet request for that very same evening..... by the time you got there it would be time to come home again! "

For a one off meet without staying at a hotel or being in the area I would say we are comfortable with up to 100 miles round trip. But we do like weekend breaks so combining that with a meet would make it UK wide.

over a year ago

We have done a 250 mile round trip before and it was well worth it.

By *tevelizCouple
over a year ago

northampton

it was.

over a year ago

Well i met a couple of here in Dubai once and WOW was well worth it

By *ighland_RoseCouple
over a year ago

Brigadoon

500 miles and 500 more, but I wouldn't walk.

over a year ago

Around 100 miles

By *amie0151Man
over a year ago

Wallasey

Anywhere in the UK if the female/couple/group is genuine and the meet's not short notice i.e. plenty of time to organise some accommodation.

I like driving and travelling to new places.

It's part of the adventure

By *allen MadonnaWoman
over a year ago

In my own little world

Spain but so worth it

over a year ago

For local about a hour on the train, but if I was chatting to someone further away and we decided on a weekend then anywhere in the country.

over a year ago

I have travled from slough to havent near Portsmouth to pick one girl up then up to Leeds to meet another a fair few miles round trip

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

Huddersfield has been one of the furthest I've been for a party (about 120 miles each way), often go down to Manchester (100 miles e/w) and have been over to Club F in NE coupla times (120 miles e/w). Have a trip to London planned later in the year so will be sorting a meet or two out while I'm down there. If I'm going on a trip somewhere I'll try to organise a meet, then if stood up it won't matter too much as already in the area for shopping or whatever so not a problem

Post new Message to Thread