Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

What is a swinger????

Jump to newest

By *igSuki81 OP   Man
over a year ago

Retirement Village

If this has been talked about before then apologies for repeating it but i read a post in another thread where the poster said

" ...i play one to one so not sure if i'm a swinger... "

and it kind of got me wondering, what is a swinger

The olden view was (or in my pre-scene nieve days i use to think) it was keys in a hat and random sex orgies (yes i was sooooo nieve). Today that is not the case but is it still considered a couples thing? Do singles (girls or guys) not get seen as swingers or are they just seen as experimenting? Does playing but only on a one to one basis mean you aren't a swinger?

Just wanted to ask the question to see what other views there were

M x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I'm not keen on labels and just use the term swinger as shorthand for what we do. It is what you want it to be, don't let yourself be defined by what anyone else thinks

By *evilwolfCouple
over a year ago

Leicestershire

I'm just into the free lurve thang myself

Wolf

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

All I know is: The king is a jungle VIP...

over a year ago

I dont class myself as a swinger, i am one of those people who dont see singles as swingers, i just use swinging sites to get sex

I suppose if you feel your a swinger and want to be classed as one you are, personally i dont

over a year ago

"I dont class myself as a swinger, i am one of those people who dont see singles as swingers, i just use swinging sites to get sex

I suppose if you feel your a swinger and want to be classed as one you are, personally i dont "

love your honesty

over a year ago

Labels really don't mean that much to me, as long as everybody is having fun, does it matter what you call it?

I do quite like the term 'swingle' to describe me though. I have sex with both singles and couples but I wouldn't say that I would meet the dictionary definition of being a 'swinger' as I don't have a partner.

But who really cares?

over a year ago

I'm not a swinger.

over a year ago

I don't consider myself a swinger. Yes we swap and yes we go to clubs but it's not a label that sits 100% comfortable with me. To me it only partly describes what we do as it doesn't reflect our interest in BDSM. Elsewhere I describe myself as a kinkster which I prefer as it's a broader term.

over a year ago

It's whatever you feel comfortable with, some it's gang bangs, some it's same room soft swap, and others it's just a one on one M F sex scenario, I wouldn't worry about trying to pigeon hole it because humans are all so varied!!

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"I'm not keen on labels and just use the term swinger as shorthand for what we do. It is what you want it to be, don't let yourself be defined by what anyone else thinks "

Agree. And for me it's hardly a lifestyle more an occasional pasttime.

over a year ago

I hate the term swinger. Sounds seedy and so 1970s. Can someone come up with a new phrase?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I hate the term swinger. Sounds seedy and so 1970s. Can someone come up with a new phrase?"

I dislike most of the terms used to describe people but we do need shorthand to refer to things we do and a rose by any other name etc. We just do what we enjoy in the way that we enjoy it if that's called swinging or hanging from monkey bars makes no difference to us

By *aidbackcplMan
over a year ago

blackpool

alternative sexual lifestyle

nonconformist sex life

do agree with the above posts swinging does sound seedy and dated !!

over a year ago

I'm a single female who only meets single men, and I call myself a "swingler". It avoids offending those who feel that singles-who-meet-singles can't be 'proper swingers'

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

"I'm a single female who only meets single men, and I call myself a "swingler". It avoids offending those who feel that singles-who-meet-singles can't be 'proper swingers' "

I don't give a monkey's chuff about offending anyone who feels the need to spout about 'proper swingers' A couple of definitions of swinger are "A person who engages freely in sexual intercourse" and "a person who dates/sleeps with multiple people at the same time"...either of those fit me so I'll take swinger as my label

over a year ago

For me swinging relates to a couples decision to have sex with others. Not singles, and not 'couples' made up of two people who get together to have sex with others/get in to a club.

BUT... I couldn't give a toss about the term, if others want to get hung up on what they call themselves or others that's up to them. For me we just like sex and sometimes that can involve other people - couples and singles.

The only time it does irritate me on here, are to do with people that are not looking for, or don't understand, the no strings attached part.

Post new Message to Thread