Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Why bother with profiles....

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Warning....Imminent rant approaching!

Our profile clearly states that we will delete one-line messages. We do want to give single guys a chance as there must be some decent ones out there, so we updated our status about 30 minutes ago reiterating this.

10 minutes after this we get a one-liner asking if they can add us as a friend.

After being on this site for nearly 2 years, we are going to have to block all single males.

Apologies to the genuine guys who will no longer be able to send us messages, to the rest of you......good riddance!

Rant over!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

Er... thanks.

Is it Thursday then?

By *am123Man
over a year ago

essex chelmsford

shame i was gonna message u later aswell im a genuine guy had my speech all worked out it was along the lines of fancy a fuck, or something like that anyway o well

over a year ago

"shame i was gonna message u later aswell im a genuine guy had my speech all worked out it was along the lines of fancy a fuck, or something like that anyway o well "

Seriously though, we say in our profile that we welcome messages from guys but tried to make it clear that they need to send us a personalised message, not just a one-liner. Guys on this forum (and via status updates) are always complaining about not getting replies.

The people who have not received a reply from us will now know why.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

So what now? Are you not bothering with guys or are you just messaging the ones you like the look of?

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

It's not just the guys who ignore profiles and stuff. I get it from couples and females too.

You'll twist yourself in knots if you let it get to you. Ignore and/or block and concentrate on what you are looking for.

By *am123Man
over a year ago

essex chelmsford

"shame i was gonna message u later aswell im a genuine guy had my speech all worked out it was along the lines of fancy a fuck, or something like that anyway o well

Seriously though, we say in our profile that we welcome messages from guys but tried to make it clear that they need to send us a personalised message, not just a one-liner. Guys on this forum (and via status updates) are always complaining about not getting replies.

The people who have not received a reply from us will now know why."

best thing to do is what u have done and block us all.

there are some idiots on here, that clearly dont listen to advise or read forums. its quite clear most on here dont like the fancy a fuck approach, its posted every other day so i dont blame u with loosing your patience

over a year ago

"So what now? Are you not bothering with guys or are you just messaging the ones you like the look of?"

We still think there must be a few decent guys out there but we are going to proactively contact them and not waste any more time trawling through and deleting emails

over a year ago

"shame i was gonna message u later aswell im a genuine guy had my speech all worked out it was along the lines of fancy a fuck, or something like that anyway o well

The people who have not received a reply from us will now know why. best thing to do is what u have done and block us all.

there are some idiots on here, that clearly dont listen to advise or read forums. its quite clear most on here dont like the fancy a fuck approach, its posted every other day so i dont blame u with loosing your patience "

Thanks, we have tried everything to avoid having to block you all but we are out of ideas now, this is a last resort.

over a year ago

At the very least they had the decency to ask before sending a friend request. I think we all get random friend request from every demographic.

It does get tiresome but we weigh it up against the decent people out there and it's worth it the end after the weekend we just had.

By *ruitWoman
over a year ago

near kings lynn

I have been in the lifestyle for 7 years now. Couples and singles dont read the profile.

They look at my pics and scroll through my verfis and she us worth a shag. I get friend requests and winks and one liners all the time. I request people include a face pic if showing interest.. ...

The majority dont read it. Couples included.

Its the life of swinging x

By *am123Man
over a year ago

essex chelmsford

"At the very least they had the decency to ask before sending a friend request. I think we all get random friend request from every demographic.

It does get tiresome but we weigh it up against the decent people out there and it's worth it the end after the weekend we just had. "

i agrree i get loads from random guys etc i just delete them there obv pic hunters

over a year ago

why dont you just use filters and actively seek, find and approach the guys you want

By *ruitWoman
over a year ago

near kings lynn

Jaydee...just block everyone that comes through then they wont trouble you again.

My block list is huge but thise idiots cant mesage me again.

Fruit x

over a year ago

"why dont you just use filters and actively seek, find and approach the guys you want

"

Errrr, yeah, thats what they said they were going to do.

over a year ago

"why dont you just use filters and actively seek, find and approach the guys you want

Errrr, yeah, thats what they said they were going to do."

makes sense init

over a year ago

"I have been in the lifestyle for 7 years now. Couples and singles dont read the profile.

They look at my pics and scroll through my verfis and she us worth a shag. I get friend requests and winks and one liners all the time. I request people include a face pic if showing interest.. ...

The majority dont read it. Couples included.

Its the life of swinging x"

Its not what we expect from swinging.

If they can't follow a simple request to send more than one line then how can we expect them to respect our requests in the bedroom?

over a year ago

"Warning....Imminent rant approaching!

Our profile clearly states that we will delete one-line messages. We do want to give single guys a chance as there must be some decent ones out there, so we updated our status about 30 minutes ago reiterating this.

After being on this site for nearly 2 years, we are going to have to block all single males.

Apologies to the genuine guys who will no longer be able to send us messages, to the rest of you......good riddance!

Rant over!

"

I love these! I'm curious, why did you feel the need to announce this on the forum? Why not just get on and do it? You've put it twice on your profile as well, why? Men hit the button, they can't send you a message, they move on.

You've been on here long enough to know that not everyone reads profiles. Men, women, couples, t-girls, everyone. With ten of thousands of profiles, of course you're going to get people who don't pay the slightest bit of attention, delete, block and move on. Is it really, honestly worthy of an exaspirated rant?

Sorry if I sound like I'm having a rant in return but these kind of threads always have me wondering why they've been posted in the first place.

over a year ago

"If they can't follow a simple request to send more than one line then how can we expect them to respect our requests in the bedroom?"

You're drawing a comparison between guys not reading a profile and their ability to respect your wishes in the bedroom? Really? those two things are as disperate as saying they won't respect your wishes in the bedroom because they turn up in brown shoes.

What evidence is there to back up that theory?

over a year ago

Rant over!

I love these! I'm curious, why did you feel the need to announce this on the forum? Why not just get on and do it? You've put it twice on your profile as well, why? Men hit the button, they can't send you a message, they move on.

You've been on here long enough to know that not everyone reads profiles. Men, women, couples, t-girls, everyone. With ten of thousands of profiles, of course you're going to get people who don't pay the slightest bit of attention, delete, block and move on. Is it really, honestly worthy of an exaspirated rant?

Sorry if I sound like I'm having a rant in return but these kind of threads always have me wondering why they've been posted in the first place. "

In the hope that guys actually read this and take it on board before messaging any potential future meets....?

over a year ago

"If they can't follow a simple request to send more than one line then how can we expect them to respect our requests in the bedroom?

You're drawing a comparison between guys not reading a profile and their ability to respect your wishes in the bedroom? Really? those two things are as disperate as saying they won't respect your wishes in the bedroom because they turn up in brown shoes.

What evidence is there to back up that theory? "

Brown shoes?

We don't think it is a huge leap to believe that someone who ignores your stated preferences out of the bedroom on the initial contact is any more likely to respect them in the bedroom given the opportunity.

over a year ago

Rant over!

Sorry if I sound like I'm having a rant in return but these kind of threads always have me wondering why they've been posted in the first place.

In the hope that guys actually read this and take it on board before messaging any potential future meets....?"

Sadly the kind of guys sending such shite message content will rarely be the type to read forums.

Good luck though - searching yourself and being proactive will hopefully get you much better results!!!

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"

In the hope that guys actually read this and take it on board before messaging any potential future meets....?"

I believe only a fraction of the guys that use the site actually use the forums, so realistically the chances of anyone taking any notice of your post are pretty slim....

And those that do are unlikely to take a blind bit of notice of it if they dont take any notice of what you say on your profile...

No point getting wound up about it really.

over a year ago

Rant over!

In the hope that guys actually read this and take it on board before messaging any potential future meets....?

Sadly the kind of guys sending such shite message content will rarely be the type to read forums.

Good luck though - searching yourself and being proactive will hopefully get you much better results!!! "

Yes you are probably right but we do realise that single men have it tough on here so even if the advice helps a couple of people improve their approach then it wasn't a complete waste of time

over a year ago

"It's not just the guys who ignore profiles and stuff. I get it from couples and females too.

You'll twist yourself in knots if you let it get to you. Ignore and/or block and concentrate on what you are looking for."

I never ignore you

over a year ago

"

I believe only a fraction of the guys that use the site actually use the forums, so realistically the chances of anyone taking any notice of your post are pretty slim....

And those that do are unlikely to take a blind bit of notice of it if they dont take any notice of what you say on your profile...

No point getting wound up about it really."

So why bother with a profile or indeed a forum?

Might as well just leave it blank.

We appreciate your input but we have noticed that on most posts someone invariably suggests just to block/delete and move on, regardless of the issue.

We thought this area was to post our opinion on anything swinging related, and this certainly relates to our experience over the last 2 years.

over a year ago

its only a mail..taking things to seriously just ruins the fab time..u get the mail..its not for u after uve read a one liner..just delete the mail

and from the initial OP.. this one mail has given credence to all males?...ok...

relax

By *lackshadow7Man
over a year ago

Toronto

"It's not just the guys who ignore profiles and stuff. I get it from couples and females too.

You'll twist yourself in knots if you let it get to you. Ignore and/or block and concentrate on what you are looking for."

Truth right here.

By *ulfilthmentMan
over a year ago

Just around the corner

I regularly send one liners in response to funny status updates and this seems to work well as an ice breaker. It's also just as easy to cut and paste an essay as it is a one liner. It doesn't necessarily mean that a lack of effort has gone into it.

over a year ago

The people who have not received a reply from us will now know why."

The trouble is that they won't have read your profile, nor had any intention of doing so or all the other profiles that they copy and pasted the message to in their pointless scattergun approach.

Do people actually get results from this approach? Surely it a lot of effort with little reward

over a year ago

Rant over!

"

I don't see the problem it takes less than a second to hit the delete button and the same to block if you feel the need.

By *evilwolfCouple
over a year ago

Leicestershire

The people who have not received a reply from us will now know why.

The trouble is that they won't have read your profile, nor had any intention of doing so or all the other profiles that they copy and pasted the message to in their pointless scattergun approach.

Do people actually get results from this approach? Surely it a lot of effort with little reward"

If the quantity of such messages is anything to go by then no, it's not much effort at all. It's just a glorified leafletting operation.

Wolf

Post new Message to Thread