Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Privacy Notice

Jump to newest

By *Y MAN n ME OP   Couple
over a year ago

FIFE

Hi folks,

we have noticed this on some profiles recently....

"WARNING: any institutions using this site or any of its associated sites for studies or projects- you do NOT have my permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form of forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a serious violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications."

AND now wonder why it should be necessary to include this on profiles.

Has something nasty happened to some members to warant the warning????

we have experienced a rather upsetting incident afew months back but put it down to a risk we all take. perhaps the above statement should be put on the registration page with an accept box to have it noted on the profile in some way, like a flag or other symbol.

what do others think of this???? comments please,

take care Heather

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

As previously stated in another thread, it is meaningless and stands for nothing in law.

In simple terms, if you don't want anyone to see or use your information, don't place it in the public domain

In fact the 'warning' is a total load of bollox ... a waste of space

By *j_markCouple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Totteridge/Whetstone

Answered in the site FAQ:

We've noticed a legal disclaimer paragraph that some people have on their profiles, should we have one too? What are they about? Do they do any good?

Our best advice is: Don't put on your public profile any pics you don't want strangers to see. Set them to private and PM to people you want to see them or set to friends only. Similarly, don't put any information on your public profile that you don't want people to see or Google. That will do what a toothless legal notice won't do, which is to keep the information you want to be private, private. Some people may put non-identifying pics on their public profile but keep face pics private or for friends, for example.

Tip: you can set your profile to be hidden from search engines on your privacy page but for various reasons (some search engines ignore the tag we use, for starters) common sense advice would be NOT to put any information on your profile (here, or on any such site) that could identify you! So for your own benefit, don't post phone numbers, real names or email / instant message addresses on your profile.

All the legal disclaimer does is take up extra space on our servers.

over a year ago

FIFE

must have missed the thread about this, sorry!! i'll go back to just reading posts shall I?

over a year ago

"must have missed the thread about this, sorry!! i'll go back to just reading posts shall I?"

Not sure if this is meant to be tongue in cheek or not

You did ask for comments .........

over a year ago

lol well u must not be good at reading them if u missed the other legal thread lmao

over a year ago

FIFE

well yes i did ask for comments, just wondered if the notice had any bearing on anything that had happened to certain individuals who display it on profiles thats all,admittedly i don't read every single thread on here, i do have a life away from here lol

over a year ago

"well yes i did ask for comments, just wondered if the notice had any bearing on anything that had happened to certain individuals who display it on profiles thats all,admittedly i don't read every single thread on here, i do have a life away from here lol"

Don't we all ?

Some, in fact most of us, also have a sense of humour ...

over a year ago

FIFE

"Answered in the site FAQ:

"

Ah so it is....the links at the very bottom of the page are quite small to see unless you know where to look.....should have gone to "specsavers" lol. perhaps they need to be in a more visable positon on the home page....one for support to consider.

over a year ago

'Support'? Who's just popped in from LS then ?

over a year ago

"'Support'? Who's just popped in from LS then ?"

eh

over a year ago

"'Support'? Who's just popped in from LS then ?

eh"

Local Swingers (An inferior site to this one) 'Support' it's their name for 'Admin' ..

over a year ago

FIFE

Haha thats why we are here.... what ever the powers that be are called on this fab site, it was just a suggestion.

Post new Message to Thread