Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Photo Verified...

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Is anyone else getting the impression that some people are, somehow, fooling the photo verification? I've gotten this impression several times lately from different profiles. I can't work out how it could be done, other than a decent Photoshop job, but I am convinced that it's being done.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Don't see what the big deal is about being photo veried, means bugger all to me. Personal veris are far more reliable, though I know not without flaws.

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

As far as I know, admin match the photo veri to other pics. Photo veris are not shown on pics so how would the OP know that they are wrong?

over a year ago

Well I think photo verification is a good idea because there's no excuse not to be. Some people may find it hard to get meets, or others may not be ready for meets, so obviously can't get meet verifications. All you have to do to be photo verified is take a picture of yourself with a piece of paper. Like I say though, I'm convinced that people are somehow fooling it.

over a year ago

"As far as I know, admin match the photo veri to other pics. Photo veris are not shown on pics so how would the OP know that they are wrong?"

A very good point! OP????

over a year ago

"As far as I know, admin match the photo veri to other pics. Photo veris are not shown on pics so how would the OP know that they are wrong?"

Because I've spoken to people on here who are photo verified but then turn out to be fakes.

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"As far as I know, admin match the photo veri to other pics. Photo veris are not shown on pics so how would the OP know that they are wrong?

Because I've spoken to people on here who are photo verified but then turn out to be fakes."

But did they show you the pics they sent to admin? They may have used other pics publically in which case bad mods, but their photo veri might be honest.

over a year ago

But that's what I'm getting at. People must be finding a way around it. If you can take a picture of yourself with a piece of paper with your username on it and become photo verified, but then upload fake pics of someone else, pretending they are you, then it makes a mockery of the whole thing doesn't it?

over a year ago

"As far as I know, admin match the photo veri to other pics. Photo veris are not shown on pics so how would the OP know that they are wrong?

Because I've spoken to people on here who are photo verified but then turn out to be fakes."

How are they fakes, clarify if you would please. Are they males posing as women, or woman that have messaged but decided you aren't for them , so they have stopped chatting.

If it is the latter I must be a fake then, as I frequently stop messaging someone if messages become dull .

over a year ago

Because I've spoken to people on here who are photo verified but then turn out to be fakes.

How are they fakes, clarify if you would please. Are they males posing as women, or woman that have messaged but decided you aren't for them , so they have stopped chatting.

If it is the latter I must be a fake then, as I frequently stop messaging someone if messages become dull .

"

I really think you have got completely the wrong idea of me. I am not a bitter person who is going to come on here and start a topic like this because someone has stopped talking to me or something like that. I am just concerned that people are finding a way around the photo verified thing.

over a year ago

This confudles me......

How on earth can anyone be fake??

Have you seen their private picture that they used to become photo verified??

over a year ago

Wow...

Just forget it.

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"But that's what I'm getting at. People must be finding a way around it. If you can take a picture of yourself with a piece of paper with your username on it and become photo verified, but then upload fake pics of someone else, pretending they are you, then it makes a mockery of the whole thing doesn't it? "

Then report the fake pics. I know what you mean but with the amount of members on here sometimes the mods need a helping hand.

over a year ago

"But that's what I'm getting at. People must be finding a way around it. If you can take a picture of yourself with a piece of paper with your username on it and become photo verified, but then upload fake pics of someone else, pretending they are you, then it makes a mockery of the whole thing doesn't it?

Then report the fake pics. I know what you mean but with the amount of members on here sometimes the mods need a helping hand."

Finally someone who understands.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

I think he is meaning that some people have posted pics that he doesn't believe are them.

To the OP...if in doubt report...Admin can check them out.

over a year ago

"I think he is meaning that some people have posted pics that he doesn't believe are them.

To the OP...if in doubt report...Admin can check them out. "

Just because he thinks pictures are fake, doesn't necessarily mean they are. From his OP he specifically states photo verification pic as being fakes, and people working a way around it.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Personally don't see your problem op.

I use my eyes by meeting in person for a coffee. I don't verifications or take notice of photo verifications. If I'm going to allow someone into my house and bed what total strangers or Mods think don't really amount to a hill of beans for me.

over a year ago

I always report anything suspicious to admin. Just thought I'd see if anyone else had the same thoughts. I didn't expect to be villified by some people for making a simple observation.

over a year ago

"I think he is meaning that some people have posted pics that he doesn't believe are them.

Just because he thinks pictures are fake, doesn't necessarily mean they are. From his OP he specifically states photo verification pic as being fakes, and people working a way around it. "

OK, clearly people still aren't understanding what I mean. I DO NOT mean that I have seen people's 'photo verified' pictures, because obviously they are completely private. What I DO MEAN is that there are people on here who are photo verified, but the photos that DO SHOW on their profile are not of them. Therefore, they have found a way around the photo verification because their profile is photo verified, but the photos are not of them.

over a year ago

I think some people forget that some send/steal/use(lets say ex gf and ex member) old pics

I could get an old pic of me and a partner who made up a profile and got photoverified..hey presto..Im now a new cpl

other people attach the same pic again that they used for the photo verify ...so it can be sent or shows up on their profile

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Just because he thinks pictures are fake, doesn't necessarily mean they are. From his OP he specifically states photo verification pic as being fakes, and people working a way around it. "

I was commenting on his other posts too if that is ok.

The one where he said "But that's what I'm getting at. People must be finding a way around it. If you can take a picture of yourself with a piece of paper with your username on it and become photo verified, but then upload fake pics of someone else, pretending they are you, then it makes a mockery of the whole thing doesn't it? "

over a year ago

I'm not commenting as it may be deemed as controversial

By *ot - CoupleCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

At least some people have photos on their profile.

over a year ago

I haven't come across a profile and thought their photo veri must be fake. To be honest I don't really look for it, like already mentioned I pay more attention to verifications from meeting. Mainly because I agree with what you're saying, it's not difficult to fake

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"At least some people have photos on their profile."

Mine are all me!

over a year ago

over a year ago

I don't tend to keep photos on my profile as I actively send messages to people I'm interested in, and attach photos. I teach at a college so having photos on my profile isn't a great idea. Fair enough?

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"At least some people have photos on their profile.

I don't tend to keep photos on my profile as I actively send messages to people I'm interested in, and attach photos. I teach at a college so having photos on my profile isn't a great idea. Fair enough?"

Sounds fair to me, you are using the site the way you want to

over a year ago

"At least some people have photos on their profile.

I don't tend to keep photos on my profile as I actively send messages to people I'm interested in, and attach photos. I teach at a college so having photos on my profile isn't a great idea. Fair enough?

Sounds fair to me, you are using the site the way you want to "

Thank you. Just thought I'd put their poor attempt at a backhanded comment to bed.

over a year ago

I must admit, I never think to look to see if anyone has been photo-verified, I don't see how it could be foolproof really

Post new Message to Thread