Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Dyslexia

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi I was In the chat room last night and was rudely pointed out that I can not spell or write in plan English I was trying to have a normal cofersation and was told they only speak to men who can write in clear sentances dies this put peopole of that I can not spell good I not thick in anyway in fact doing a degree just a bit miffed about hiw i was treatd last night by a long tearm fab couple on this site

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

hhaah im the same cant speell my own name , i have it too ,,

By *londeandbrownCouple
over a year ago

taunton

Our son has dyslexia and until recently has only been treated as stupid by the schools when in fact he is very intelligent.

It's only with the right understanding and help has his confidence and school work improved.

Don't let anyone talk down to you and disrespect you, if they are too ignorant to understand dyslexia well infinite them.

There's a big difference being dyslexic and the lazy txt spk some people use.

By *lackCherryCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

I (Mr) am heavily dyslexic and have a real issue with spelling and grammar.

However I have for the most part taught myself to communicate in an understandable fashion, which I would say is all most people would expect or want.

A web browser built in spell checker helps a lot when posting on forums and websites as it lets you know your "bad" habits and pitfall words i.e the ones you always get wrong and you can force your brain to learn these words.

So in short, you can do a lot to overcome it but equally as long as you're understandable I don't see a problem.

over a year ago

i have it to,cant under stand my own writing some time .i does get me down .went through 3 year of hell at school for it .spell check don't all ways work if cant get the letter right in the 1st place.

sam

over a year ago

I'm no thick in any way to meet me you wold not no one bit lol it's can be hard in chat room for peopole like me lol but hay peopole soon talk when my sexy lass comes on lol

By *lackCherryCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

"I'm no thick in any way to meet me you wold not no one bit lol it's can be hard in chat room for peopole like me lol but hay peopole soon talk when my sexy lass comes on lol "

Get yourself firefox or chrome, get an in built "spell checker" and use it, proper spelling is 3/4 of the battle and if you can use a browser spell checker then you will learn the words at the same time

over a year ago

me to dyslexia... I am now getting lots of messages from dyslexic guys... I think it would boring to only spell 1 way xxx

over a year ago

"I'm no thick in any way to meet me you wold not no one bit lol it's can be hard in chat room for peopole like me lol but hay peopole soon talk when my sexy lass comes on lol

Get yourself firefox or chrome, get an in built "spell checker" and use it, proper spelling is 3/4 of the battle and if you can use a browser spell checker then you will learn the words at the same time"

Thanks cherry x

over a year ago

our son has it too and he getting great help in school , and he is getting good results in exams 70% to 80% in all exams . and the best in his year at maths ,its not that ur tick its just u see thing different ,

over a year ago

Yes sweetheart get a spellchecker, then you can just click a button and it will clear it up Xx.

Personally I don't really reply to badly written messages It's really frustrating trying decipher them, a spellcheck is such a simple thing and a simple click will fix it, it will also help with your learning and it will improve your learning, I know it doesn't really work like that but if you're constantly correcting errors they will stick, its like a muscle and constant exercise will help Xx

over a year ago

Yep I have it as well lol (dave) had no help untill I was 16 and a few months from my gcse's. I say screw the haters if they can't accept that someone spells in a different way then they are showing how small minded they are. Plus we could all be in the chat room and be talking happy as larry and no one else would have a clue what we are on about lol.

over a year ago

"Yes sweetheart get a spellchecker, then you can just click a button and it will clear it up Xx.

Personally I don't really reply to badly written messages It's really frustrating trying decipher them, a spellcheck is such a simple thing and a simple click will fix it, it will also help with your learning and it will improve your learning, I know it doesn't really work like that but if you're constantly correcting errors they will stick, its like a muscle and constant exercise will help Xx"

Nope it doesnt. assumptions are seldom correct. Fyi, some of the most inteligent people are dyslexic...

over a year ago

I think people get so tired of messages like this, "LO sxy, luv ure pics. Wanna fuk?" That they tar everyone with the same brush when they see a poorly spelled message. In particular the single fems and couples who probably have to wade through them in their mailboxes every day. And some people do in fact confuse dyslexia with simply not being arsed to spell or construct a sentence properly, and will use it as an excuse.

I don't know how practical a spell checker would be for a fast chat room but you can try it.

And also perhaps a line on your profile saying the male half is dyslexic so any poorly spelled messages are not on purpose.

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

"I (Mr) am heavily dyslexic and have a real issue with spelling and grammar.

However I have for the most part taught myself to communicate in an understandable fashion, which I would say is all most people would expect or want.

A web browser built in spell checker helps a lot when posting on forums and websites as it lets you know your "bad" habits and pitfall words i.e the ones you always get wrong and you can force your brain to learn these words.

So in short, you can do a lot to overcome it but equally as long as you're understandable I don't see a problem.

"

Absolutely!!

over a year ago

I got tested last year and i have sever dyslexia. it crap when you want to make a point but you cant find the words or you want to use a good chat up line and the same thing one word you cant spell holds it up or they dont get what your trying to say.

but i m happy in in my own little world where it makes sence

By *averiMan
over a year ago

Swindon to bristol

To all suffering from this problem. You should all pray to Dog that it resolves its self.

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

Is no one allowed to be just a bit thick any more? Why do we insist in labeling everything? There is nothing wrong with not being as 'clever' as others, not everyone who can't spell (in fact dyslexia hasn't got anything to do with spelling or grammar)has got dyslexia - just my thoughts - Z

over a year ago

I am dyslexic nd have struggled all my life with other peoples misconceptions on my inteligence ....their problem though not mine lol

Spell checker doesn't usually help with it though as you need to know roughly what the word looks like in the first place !

One of my children is dyslexic to and we found that the people who were suposed to help her had no idea how to ... her teachers where rubbish !

over a year ago

"Is no one allowed to be just a bit thick any more? Why do we insist in labeling everything? There is nothing wrong with not being as 'clever' as others, not everyone who can't spell (in fact dyslexia hasn't got anything to do with spelling or grammar)has got dyslexia - just my thoughts - Z"

I am dyslexic but i am not thick.

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

"Is no one allowed to be just a bit thick any more? Why do we insist in labeling everything? There is nothing wrong with not being as 'clever' as others, not everyone who can't spell (in fact dyslexia hasn't got anything to do with spelling or grammar)has got dyslexia - just my thoughts - Z

I didn't say that - people with real dyslexia are somethimes very intelligent- but whati'm saying is that not everyone who can't spell is dyslexic. Z

I am dyslexic but i am not thick."

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

sorry - got all that mixed in together! Z

By *r ManxMan
over a year ago

NeverWhere

I hope admin doesn't pull this for plugging another program but it is done for the best of reasons !!

I am dyslexic and have several types of coping methods in place .

The best is ginger it , a spelling and grammar checking program that runs in the background. Unfortunately it only works when I use it on the laptop with an internet connection !

Its really easy to use not 100% accurate but its better than me doing it on my own

over a year ago

"I (Mr) am heavily dyslexic and have a real issue with spelling and grammar.

"

Good post I agree on there is a lot can be done to overcome certain things however writing is still a lot more difficult for me I would be lost without spell checker when on the laptop though! I'm dyslexic too and proud! OP I would just ignore them and not let them get to you some of the smartest people on the planet are dyslexic just look at the people to have posted so far

over a year ago

"Is no one allowed to be just a bit thick any more? Why do we insist in labeling everything? There is nothing wrong with not being as 'clever' as others, not everyone who can't spell (in fact dyslexia hasn't got anything to do with spelling or grammar)has got dyslexia - just my thoughts - Z"

dyslexia affects your ability with language!! it can affect people differently written, read or even spoken. myself I often spell the word right I just get the letters in the wrong order when rewriting them! when on the computer though it is not as bad strange but the human brain is a complicated thing. I'm not saying im not also a bit thick though but no one is perfect!

over a year ago

I have sex daily.....oops I meant dyslexia!

By *rSinfulMan
over a year ago

mysteryville

I'm dyslexic and proud it's not a disability it's a different way of thinking and actually an advantage and a more intelligent way of doing things. There are about 6 main types of intelligence but our education system and society only cater for the main one of academics a two dimensional intelligence. You can gladly talk to me I can understand your post and read the words you are saying phonetically without the need of you explaining x your not alone

Post new Message to Thread